Guitar Tabs & Piano Music for the new songs, calling all musicians!

Ok............I've been really brave and videoed me playing/singing Toyboy in the Key of E!!! :shocked:

Even though I've done it in a higher key it's still hard to sing as Mika's voice is up and down all over the place! He doesn't make it easy to copy him! So egnore the singing, it's just to show where the notes come for anyone wanting to learn the piece.

I'll upload another video of me just playing the song in the Key of A later for those who want to learn it just as he's playing it....oh, and for those who can sing in as deep a voice as Mika!!! :naughty:

Phew! This is the first time I've ever been able to play something right through AND sing along!!!!!:blush-anim-cl:

Worked on this one tonight! My chords are a *little* different from yours, but it still doesn't sound right. The F#m, I changed that one. I'll work on it some more though! :naughty:

EDIT: Here's what I did instead of the F#m. It's basically the same notes but I "inverted" it (if that's the word). So the notes are like this:

C#, F#, A --and the C# is just a half-step down from the D.

Is this the studio version or the live version?

EDIT: And the F#m is played for a shorter time than the other chords, if you get what I'm saying. Just before transitioning to the Bm...maybe that will help? :naughty:

Here, if you watch

from the beginning, you'll see the little annotation pop up within the first 7 seconds where I think he's playing the F#m. Just watch and let me know what you think :naughty:

It pops up right when he plays the chord so listen for it :bleh:

Edited by Fmbm

Ok............I've been really brave and videoed me playing/singing Toyboy in the Key of E!!!

Even though I've done it in a higher key it's still hard to sing as Mika's voice is up and down all over the place! He doesn't make it easy to copy him! So egnore the singing, it's just to show where the notes come for anyone wanting to learn the piece.

I'll upload another video of me just playing the song in the Key of A later for those who want to learn it just as he's playing it....oh, and for those who can sing in as deep a voice as Mika!!! :naughty:

Phew! This is the first time I've ever been able to play something right through AND sing along!!!!!:blush-anim-cl:

WOW! :shocked:

That's really great! Good job! Wow, wow, that is fantastic! :wub2:

Is this the studio version or the live version?

EDIT: And the F#m is played for a shorter time than the other chords, if you get what I'm saying. Just before transitioning to the Bm...maybe that will help? :naughty:

Here, if you watch

from the beginning, you'll see the little annotation pop up within the first 7 seconds where I think he's playing the F#m. Just watch and let me know what you think

It pops up right when he plays the chord so listen for it :bleh:

I hear both, but F#m just seems like so much of a jump. Here, I'll make a bit of a video of mine. You'll see. :teehee:

WOW! :shocked:

That's really great! Good job! Wow, wow, that is fantastic! :wub2:

Thanks! :blush-anim-cl:

You're a much more accomplished player than me though....but I'm trying to learn really fast to catch up!! :roftl:

I hear both, but F#m just seems like so much of a jump. Here, I'll make a bit of a video of mine. You'll see. :teehee:

:shocked: Since when have we had that smiley??!

It's not a big jump. If you're playing a D chord (D, F#,A) then you just slide down a half step with your thumb to make it a F#m chord (an inverted one though), so it would then be C#, F#, A, which are the notes of an F#m chord. Hopefully I'll get around to filming some videos today. :naughty:

:shocked: Since when have we had that smiley??!

It's not a big jump. If you're playing a D chord (D, F#,A) then you just slide down a half step with your thumb to make it a F#m chord (an inverted one though), so it would then be C#, F#, A, which are the notes of an F#m chord. Hopefully I'll get around to filming some videos today. :naughty:

Oh, that's what I had said. :roftl:

I thought you wanted to go all the way up to an F#m, and then to the Bm. What you wrote is what I thought. :naughty:

Oh, that's what I had said. :roftl:

I thought you wanted to go all the way up to an F#m, and then to the Bm. What you wrote is what I thought. :naughty:

Oh, well yeah, I can see why you'd get confused. It's hard to explain. I need to make a video :naughty:

Ok............I've been really brave and videoed me playing/singing Toyboy in the Key of E!!! :shocked:

Just watched your vid! well done!

guys could someone show me how to play "Any Other World","Billy Brown" and "My Interpretation", just been looking around on youtube and there are loads and loads of people play them, but on everyone their just playing the melody and all's i want to know is the chords could someone help me ppplllzzz, i'll be so greatful !!!

Edited by John Alan

Thank you!:huglove:

God I can't believe I didn't figure it out... The chords are so banal:doh:

It seems like he's using really simple chord structures on these new songs... he can take the easiest, simplest little thing and make it sound so intricate and beautiful :wub2:

It seems like he's using really simple chord structures on these new songs... he can take the easiest, simplest little thing and make it sound so intricate and beautiful :wub2:

Indeed:wub2::wub2:

Lonely Alcoholic chords are G, Em, Am, D

in case anyone hasn't posted it yet :thumb_yello:

There's a key change in the song near the end and then he starts playing A, F#m, Bm, E

I know this is the thread for new songs, but I couldn't find the old when so alas, here I am.

Anyways, I put up my tutorial for "Stuck in the Middle". I did it by ear, so don't hate me if it's not right :naughty:

Right hand

Left hand

Hopefully you find those helpful :teehee:

• Like 1

hey thanks Nono, loving the tutorial btw i though that your Good Gone Girl video was brilliant, i really enjoyed listening to it !!! very well done :thumb_yello:

btw,

could do a video of them playing Lonely Alcoholic but just the chords, i love this song my aim is too record myself singing and playing the piano to it, i love this song so much cus it reminds me of Beautiful South :wub2:, Mika doing a Beautful South style song !!! he really does know how to make me happy :biggrin2:

Edited by John Alan

hey thanks Nono, loving the tutorial btw i though that your Good Gone Girl video was brilliant, i really enjoyed listening to it !!! very well done :thumb_yello:

btw,

could do a video of them playing Lonely Alcoholic but just the chords, i love this song my aim is too record myself singing and playing the piano to it, i love this song so much cus it reminds me of Beautiful South :wub2:, Mika doing a Beautful South style song !!! he really does know how to make me happy :biggrin2:

Feel free! :wink2:

I really need all your help, please. I usually learn songs by writing on my keyboard with an erasable marker so I go writing down like numbers of what goes first and stuff like that. I've spent all day trying to figure out Toy Boy but idk, it's hard for me since it's so repetitive. Can any of you guys please help me out by drawing on this pic of my keyboard please(like writing the numbers on paint or something)? photo-12.jpg

I know it sounds silly but that's how I learn because reading sheet music is impossible for me, and I can't figure out Toy Boy.

BTW can any of you tell me like wich notes each chord has in the last version that Nono said it was in Toy Boy? It's because I'm still an apprentice and I only know chords straight away if you say them like that on the guitar xD So... Please if you could say to me what notes are they made of I'd be thankful!:biggrin2:

And has anyone figured out Lady Jane? I think the first chord is F... At least in the acoustic guitar. But it doesn't sound right... So when someone does please post :biggrin2:

Feel free! :wink2:

sorry i meant 2 say "could anyone do a video of them playing Lonely Alcoholic but just the chords ???" sorry bout my silly dyslexic spelling and gramer misteaks !!!

Edited by John Alan

I really need all your help, please. I usually learn songs by writing on my keyboard with an erasable marker so I go writing down like numbers of what goes first and stuff like that. I've spent all day trying to figure out Toy Boy but idk, it's hard for me since it's so repetitive. Can any of you guys please help me out by drawing on this pic of my keyboard please(like writing the numbers on paint or something)? photo-12.jpg

I know it sounds silly but that's how I learn because reading sheet music is impossible for me, and I can't figure out Toy Boy.

Did you watch my tutorial?

http://s53.photobucket.com/albums/g51/bluspoon/?action=view&current=toyboy_2.flv

(sorry--the sound and video are off. if you just turn down the sound and watch the hands, that should be easier.)

See if that helps. :wink2: