Guitar Tabs & Piano Music for the new songs, calling all musicians!

Thank you, it was well explained don't worry. :D

You're welcome!

I'm glad:biggrin2:

Can't wait to get home and try those chords... I've been trying to figure them out but I'm no good at it:naughty:

Marie, can you tell me wich notes do you play on the left hand? Like along with the chords, there are always two notes, a lower and a higher one, that keep being played, then the notes change but it makes the same rythm, like dum dim, dum dim :roftl:

It's so hard to explain!

Marie, can you tell me wich notes do you play on the left hand? Like along with the chords, there are always two notes, a lower and a higher one, that keep being played, then the notes change but it makes the same rythm, like dum dim, dum dim :roftl:

It's so hard to explain!

I made a tutorial just now. Except it kinda sucks because I mess up.

Basically, the left hand is just (A) and then (C#-E), so the chords are all split up like that. What a bad explanation. You want me to upload the tutorial? :naughty:

I made a tutorial just now. Except it kinda sucks because I mess up.

Basically, the left hand is just (A) and then (C#-E), so the chords are all split up like that. What a bad explanation. You want me to upload the tutorial? :naughty:

Sure!

I'm going to bed, but I'll check it tomorrow!

TOY BOY Tutorial - Both Parts:

http://s53.photobucket.com/albums/g51/bluspoon/?action=view&current=toyboy_2.flv

Photobucket offsets the video and the sound (for me at least), so it might be better just to watch it without sound, because the two don't match up. :thumbdown:

I just want to say that I get rather impressed by you guys too.:thumb_yello:

All this work…finding out the right notes in the piano and you have done that only with your ears, that is quite a superb feature of musicality! :thumb_yello:

Lovely!:wub2:

This way it makes it sound like a melody in a music box!

When I hear people playing piano it makes me regret that I cheated so much when I was little and had piano lessons:blush-anim-cl: I guess I wasn't motivated back then and now it's to late!:roftl:

Sienna, it's never too late!

I'd never so much as touched a piano before June last year and I just passed my Grade 1 with merit and am waiting for a date for my Grade 3!!

I'm nowhere near as good as these guys on this thread and am in total awe but I'm keeping going in the hope that one day I'll be able to play by ear like they can and them play with such confidence afterwards.

I love how we can share our creative sides on here....we are all so fab!! :naughty:

Ok, so after playing around on the piano I've noticed that the live version of "Blame It on the Girls" is played in a different key than the recorded version. :blink:

I like the live version better though, and so far the chords are Em, A, D, F#m, Bm

At least, that's what I hear :naughty:

Just play octaves in the left hand, so play and E octave, A octave, D octave, F#m octave, and a Bm octave :wink2:

Those are the chords for most of the song, but for the "what's the matter...etc." I think it's Em, Bm, Em, Bm (repeat until..>)...."are you wishing you were ugly like me?" is a D chord I think.

hey marie.. can i ask you a big favor?

can you please upload your tutorial to youtube, under a different name or whatever, and then give us the link so we can download it? i can't download vids off photobucket :huh:

**edit**

i worked out how to do it!!

in case anyone else needs to download; click this;

http://s53.photobucket.com/albums/g51/bluspoon/toyboy_2.flv

A pop-up window should appear and give you the option to save it to your desktop.

Edited by racinghorse83

Well I did a bit of a synopsis up there, I'm bad with chord names though once they get into 7ths and whatevers. I just kind of play what sounds right. So here's what I have

(D, E, F#, and A) played with a low E on left hand

(C#, E, A) which is basically an inverted A Maj, with an A on the left

D Major (D, F#, A), with a D on the left

(C#, E, A) with a C# on left

and then B Minor (B, D, F#), B on left hand

For the rhythm just play it along with the live recording to get the hang of it, do the chords like 1,2,3,4, 1,2,3,4, 1,2, 1,2, 1,2,3,4.

I got it to sound pretty good, but i'm usually bad at telling how to do things, I'm better at showing how to do things lol, so I might do a video.

When I hear people playing piano it makes me regret that I cheated so much when I was little and had piano lessons:blush-anim-cl: I guess I wasn't motivated back then and now it's to late!:roftl:

sienna it's never too late. NEVER :D

TOY BOY Tutorial - Both Parts:

http://s53.photobucket.com/albums/g51/bluspoon/?action=view&current=toyboy_2.flv

Photobucket offsets the video and the sound (for me at least), so it might be better just to watch it without sound, because the two don't match up. :thumbdown:

wow that sounds fantastic! good job!!!

I'm still at it with Toyboy although having watched SS's video's I'm not sure if she's just playing what he's singing with her right hand or whether he is actually playing both parts too??

I can't see his hands in the videos but is he just playing the chords?? maybe even with both hands in repeat and then singing the melody part??

I'm such a novice at all this playing by ear I get to the point where I don't know what I'm hearing!! :blink::roftl::roftl:

Anyone put me right??

I'm still at it with Toyboy although having watched SS's video's I'm not sure if she's just playing what he's singing with her right hand or whether he is actually playing both parts too??

I can't see his hands in the videos but is he just playing the chords?? maybe even with both hands in repeat and then singing the melody part??

I'm such a novice at all this playing by ear I get to the point where I don't know what I'm hearing!! :blink::roftl::roftl:

Anyone put me right??

I believe he's just playing the chords. So A, D, and E. Superstar probably added the melody in the right hand 'cause otherwise the song is boring if you just play the chords with no singing :wink2:

I believe he's just playing the chords. So A, D, and E. Superstar probably added the melody in the right hand 'cause otherwise the song is boring if you just play the chords with no singing :wink2:

Correct. But if you want to sing on top, you can just play the bottom chords "A, D, E, A". :wink2:

Correct. But if you want to sing on top, you can just play the bottom chords "A, D, E, A". :wink2:

Cheers! Glad I was hearing it right...I doubt myself constantly!!

Do either of you know that chord pattern throughout the song??

I think Mel mentioned it earlier as 4,4,2,2,4?

I've got the intro as A-RH then C#+E (near middle C)-LH, E-RH then C#+E again-LH, A(held)-RH, then E, G#, A(all an octave lower)-RH, then C#+E-LH, D-RH, C#+E-LH and finally A(near middle C)-RH

The verse seems to start again with A-LH, C#+E-RH, E-LH, C#+E-RH then onto D-LH and F#+A-RH (all repeated), then E-LH and G#+B-RH (all repeated) before carrying on into the repeated split middle A chord, D chord, E chord then lower A chord on a loop, each broken chord being played twice.

Can anyone confirm or correct me on that?

Ok, so after playing around on the piano I've noticed that the live version of "Blame It on the Girls" is played in a different key than the recorded version. :blink:

I like the live version better though, and so far the chords are Em, A, D, F#m, Bm

At least, that's what I hear :naughty:

Just play octaves in the left hand, so play and E octave, A octave, D octave, F#m octave, and a Bm octave :wink2:

Those are the chords for most of the song, but for the "what's the matter...etc." I think it's Em, Bm, Em, Bm (repeat until..>)...."are you wishing you were ugly like me?" is a D chord I think.

Worked on this one tonight! My chords are a *little* different from yours, but it still doesn't sound right. The F#m, I changed that one. I'll work on it some more though! :naughty:

EDIT: Here's what I did instead of the F#m. It's basically the same notes but I "inverted" it (if that's the word). So the notes are like this:

C#, F#, A --and the C# is just a half-step down from the D.

Edited by superstar

Cheers! Glad I was hearing it right...I doubt myself constantly!!

Do either of you know that chord pattern throughout the song??

I think Mel mentioned it earlier as 4,4,2,2,4?

I've got the intro as A-RH then C#+E (near middle C)-LH, E-RH then C#+E again-LH, A(held)-RH, then E, G#, A(all an octave lower)-RH, then C#+E-LH, D-RH, C#+E-LH and finally A(near middle C)-RH

The verse seems to start again with A-LH, C#+E-RH, E-LH, C#+E-RH then onto D-LH and F#+A-RH (all repeated), then E-LH and G#+B-RH (all repeated) before carrying on into the repeated split middle A chord, D chord, E chord then lower A chord on a loop, each broken chord being played twice.

Can anyone confirm or correct me on that?

i played the song yeasterday and i used the same chords as you