ALL Mika fan-art - Part II

EnFa

Lucia, great job on his forehead and lower lip. the shadowing there is just amazing! :thumb_yello::mf_lustslow:

Oh wow thank you :huglove: I like the fact you were staring at it so you found your favorite area in the drawing :teehee: appreciate. :bow:

btw today I was re-reading how to draw mika thread again, and I was like wow, that´s how Step started to draw portraits, wow this looks really good, and at the end, when I saw Dr.House - OH MY MIKA I WANNA DRAW LIKE THAT! :crybaby:

:thumb_yello:

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh wow thank you :huglove: I like the fact you were staring at it so you found your favorite area in the drawing :teehee: appreciate. :bow:

btw today I was re-reading how to draw mika thread again, and I was like wow, that´s how Step started to draw portraits, wow this looks really good, and at the end, when I saw Dr.House - OH MY MIKA I WANNA DRAW LIKE THAT! :crybaby:

:thumb_yello:

you draw like that since you taught me! :aah:

Thank you all for your replies! :wub2:

I have something new. Mika No. 22 :wub2: My mum chose the picture! :aah:

Enjoy! :group_hug:

Artwork_Missroxy22.jpg

Brilliant! Love it! I love how it's rough and still the likeness is so amazing! :wub2:

Not as amazing as the others...

I think they are amazing! So colourful and cheerful! I love them, and the music is great too! :wub2:

Brilliant! Love it! I love how it's rough and still the likeness is so amazing! :wub2:

I think they are amazing! So colourful and cheerful! I love them, and the music is great too! :wub2:

That´s it! I wanted to ask you.. do you use some special paper? because I´m working only with normal classic A4 paper and even more normal pencil. :aah: I never had some special tools, yours looks so soft! :wub2:

That´s it! I wanted to ask you.. do you use some special paper? because I´m working only with normal classic A4 paper and even more normal pencil. :aah: I never had some special tools, yours looks so soft! :wub2:

It's all about using tissues. Just blending baby! Your technique is perfect, you just need to blend the graphite. But I saw the paper you use, at Balaton, and unfortunately you won't be able to blend on those...coz the paper will crease and you'll get all mad! Just try blending with your fingers first. (though I recommend tissues coz your fingers are naturally greasy)

Buy some art paper, the smoother the paper is, the better your blending results will be. Printpaper is really smooth but can damage very very easily.That's the only problem with it. I don't know how you manage to work with it so well!! :shocked:

So buy mechanical paper EDIT:**** it's called like that here but not sure this expression exists in English. Just simply drawing paper (cheap) or Bristol (expensive) ,sketch paper (they usually come in a form of a book-like thing) and that'll do!

And pencils...I have loads, but I only use a few. Buy a HB, a B a 3B and a 9B. Those should be more than enough!

I hope it helped :wink2:

Edited by Zsina

It's all about using tissues. Just blending baby! Your technique is perfect, you just need to blend the graphite. But I saw the paper you use, at Balaton, and unfortunately you won't be able to blend on those...coz the paper will crease and you'll get all mad! Just try blending with your fingers first. (though I recommend tissues coz your fingers are naturally greasy)

Buy some art paper, the smoother the paper is, the better your blending results will be. Printpaper is really smooth but can damage very very easily.That's the only problem with it. I don't know how you manage to work with it so well!! :shocked:

So buy mechanical paper EDIT:**** it's called like that here but not sure this expression exists in English. Just simply drawing paper (cheap) or Bristol (expensive) ,sketch paper (they usually come in a form of a book-like thing) and that'll do!

And pencils...I have loads, but I only use a few. Buy a HB, a B a 3B and a 9B. Those should be more than enough!

Oh yes, a lot, thank you! :thumb_yello:

I on´t blur the pencil at all, I almost don´t use an erase :aah: I just take pencil, draw. :aah: I used to blur skin and so on, but then I learned to draw without it with almost the same effect, so.. :thumb_yello: But when I´ll have a lot of time, I´ll buy that paper and maybe the quality of that drawing will be a little more similar to yours. :teehee: (Even if I don´t think so. :aah:)

It's not exactly Mika, but anything like this reminds me of him, cause he's too sweet :teehee::wub2:

So the cupcake is big (nut huge, but bigger than a real on), I've used like 250gr of porcelain :aah: I wanted to do three, but after I noticed all it took, I'm good with one :aah:

And the charms are removable :biggrin2: So I can use them however and where ever I want :biggrin2:

From left to right: chocolate bar, lollipop, ice-cream, cherries, cupcake, (wrapped) candy, another ice-cream.

Cupcake.jpg

Charms.jpg

It's not exactly Mika, but anything like this reminds me of him, cause he's too sweet :teehee::wub2:

So the cupcake is big (nut huge, but bigger than a real on), I've used like 250gr of porcelain :aah: I wanted to do three, but after I noticed all it took, I'm good with one :aah:

And the charms are removable :biggrin2: So I can use them however and where ever I want :biggrin2:

From left to right: chocolate bar, lollipop, ice-cream, cherries, cupcake, (wrapped) candy, another ice-cream.

Cupcake.jpg

Charms.jpg

That is so cool! :shocked:

Cupcake.jpg

Charms.jpg

love it :wub2::teehee:

want those charms:teehee:

:aah: I work on normal A4 paper too. isn't the "decent" paper more grainy?

Oh yes, a lot, thank you! :thumb_yello:

I on´t blur the pencil at all, I almost don´t use an erase :aah: I just take pencil, draw. :aah: I used to blur skin and so on, but then I learned to draw without it with almost the same effect, so.. :thumb_yello: But when I´ll have a lot of time, I´ll buy that paper and maybe the quality of that drawing will be a little more similar to yours. :teehee: (Even if I don´t think so. :aah:)

I do'nt erase either, don't blend either aswell. I suck at blending since my drawing just looks dirty when I do that

Not as amazing as the others...

I really love your mika bible. I love how there's other stuff in it too :teehee:

but I just find one thing odd:

Vastleggen%252520in%252520volledig%252520scherm%25252026072011%252520180852.jpg

that's just creepy that we did it the same way :aah: but you know...great minds think alike :mf_rosetinted::das:

I really love your mika bible. I love how there's other stuff in it too :teehee:

but I just find one thing odd:

Vastleggen%252520in%252520volledig%252520scherm%25252026072011%252520180852.jpg

that's just creepy that we did it the same way :aah: but you know...great minds think alike :mf_rosetinted::das:

OH GOSH wow!!!! :lmfao:

:aah: I work on normal A4 paper too. isn't the "decent" paper more grainy?

I do'nt erase either, don't blend either aswell. I suck at blending since my drawing just looks dirty when I do that

She draws on printpaper which is in my opinion the worts thing you can draw on. (LOL no offense!) Well for me anyway. I am unable to draw portraits on such easily damaged paper.

About grainy paper: it's all about taste.

BUt if you want to draw photorealistic drawings you have to draw on very very smooth paper. So that the skin looks really really smooth too.

If you have a grainy, testured paper, the portrait won't be smooth.

Just compare two of my drawings. Personally I can't decide which is better. BUT I find textured paper A LOT EASIER to draw on. However, if you want to draw photo-realistic portraits you have to work with smooth ones.

Smooth paper: (sorry it's not Mika but this shows perfectly what I mean by smooth skin)

tumblr_longuo9rbV1r0nvpco1_500.jpg

Textured paper:

_modern_fairies__by_fruzsina-d29qv65.jpg

You can decide which one you like more, but it's undeniable that you will never get as much photorealistic effect with a textured paper as you get with a smooth one. :wink2:

She draws on printpaper which is in my opinion the worts thing you can draw on. (LOL no offense!) Well for me anyway. I am unable to draw portraits on such easily damaged paper.

About grainy paper: it's all about taste.

BUt if you want to draw photorealistic drawings you have to draw on very very smooth paper. So that the skin looks really really smooth too.

If you have a grainy, testured paper, the portrait won't be smooth.

Just compare two of my drawings. Personally I can't decide which is better. BUT I find textured paper A LOT EASIER to draw on. However, if you want to draw photo-realistic portraits you have to work with smooth ones.

Smooth paper: (sorry it's not Mika but this shows perfectly what I mean by smooth skin)

tumblr_longuo9rbV1r0nvpco1_500.jpg

Textured paper:

_modern_fairies__by_fruzsina-d29qv65.jpg

You can decide which one you like more, but it's undeniable that you will never get as much photorealistic effect with a textured paper as you get with a smooth one. :wink2:

I draw on printpaper too since I thought all decent drawingpaper is textured. and I didn't see how you could make faces smooth etc on such paper. So maybe I should indeed go looking for that smooth paper, although I'm quite ok with printpaper too :aah: But it might be even smoother than the printpaper? or not?