ALL Mika fan-art - Part II

EnFa

I really love your mika bible. I love how there's other stuff in it too :teehee:

but I just find one thing odd:

Vastleggen%252520in%252520volledig%252520scherm%25252026072011%252520180852.jpg

that's just creepy that we did it the same way :aah: but you know...great minds think alike :mf_rosetinted::das:

LOL this is funny :biggrin2:

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

She draws on printpaper which is in my opinion the worts thing you can draw on. (LOL no offense!) Well for me anyway. I am unable to draw portraits on such easily damaged paper.

About grainy paper: it's all about taste.

BUt if you want to draw photorealistic drawings you have to draw on very very smooth paper. So that the skin looks really really smooth too.

If you have a grainy, testured paper, the portrait won't be smooth.

Just compare two of my drawings. Personally I can't decide which is better. BUT I find textured paper A LOT EASIER to draw on. However, if you want to draw photo-realistic portraits you have to work with smooth ones.

Smooth paper: (sorry it's not Mika but this shows perfectly what I mean by smooth skin)

Textured paper:

You can decide which one you like more, but it's undeniable that you will never get as much photorealistic effect with a textured paper as you get with a smooth one. :wink2:

Of course, it´s visible that first one is way softer. Btw I love that movie :teehee:

But I don´t know. I like the second one more. Well I´m obsessed with second one since the 1st time I saw it :naughty: But I like when drawing look like a drawing and not that much like a photo. I don´t know, I don´t understand those artists that use brushes and 10000 other tools.. Ofc it looks more like a photo then, but .. for example this is 99% like a photo, I couldn´t believe my eyes when I saw it.

Rihanna_by_wkfoong.jpg

and this is more rough, but I like it more, because it´s just amazing how those pencil lines REMINDS me of angelina. You know, i can´t explain it very well in english, but 1st one is a photo for me. second one is just like .. ok I drew angelina. without 428 tools that helped me. only me and my pencil.

Angelina_Jolie_by_Lion83.jpg

Maybe I can say the same about music. I will always love Relax take it easy more in acoustic version. :biggrin2:

She draws on printpaper which is in my opinion the worts thing you can draw on. (LOL no offense!) Well for me anyway. I am unable to draw portraits on such easily damaged paper.

About grainy paper: it's all about taste.

BUt if you want to draw photorealistic drawings you have to draw on very very smooth paper. So that the skin looks really really smooth too.

If you have a grainy, testured paper, the portrait won't be smooth.

Just compare two of my drawings. Personally I can't decide which is better. BUT I find textured paper A LOT EASIER to draw on. However, if you want to draw photo-realistic portraits you have to work with smooth ones.

Smooth paper: (sorry it's not Mika but this shows perfectly what I mean by smooth skin)

tumblr_longuo9rbV1r0nvpco1_500.jpg

Textured paper:

_modern_fairies__by_fruzsina-d29qv65.jpg

You can decide which one you like more, but it's undeniable that you will never get as much photorealistic effect with a textured paper as you get with a smooth one. :wink2:

omg :wub2: soo beautiful

wis i could draw like that, :teehee:

there's so many talented people here :wub2:

I draw on printpaper too since I thought all decent drawingpaper is textured. and I didn't see how you could make faces smooth etc on such paper. So maybe I should indeed go looking for that smooth paper, although I'm quite ok with printpaper too :aah: But it might be even smoother than the printpaper? or not?

No no no. Printpaper is super-fantastic smooth. That's indeed great about them. You can get really photorealistic effect on them. But they damage so very easily.

Like, you grab it accidentally, oryou use the eraser and the whole paper is ****ed up , it creases badly! To understand what I mean: http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/149887/2/istockphoto_149887-creased-paper.jpg

Smooth drawing papers differ from printpaper in their thickness. They are much stronger. (lol, did I just say that concerning a piece of paper? :biggrin2:)

Anyway, I hope you get what I mean. Drawing papers don't damage easily, they are thick and decent...they were designed for agressive pencil uses. :roftl:

Of course, it´s visible that first one is way softer. Btw I love that movie :teehee:

But I don´t know. I like the second one more. Well I´m obsessed with second one since the 1st time I saw it :naughty: But I like when drawing look like a drawing and not that much like a photo. I don´t know, I don´t understand those artists that use brushes and 10000 other tools.. Ofc it looks more like a photo then, but .. for example this is 99% like a photo, I couldn´t believe my eyes when I saw it.

Rihanna_by_wkfoong.jpg

and this is more rough, but I like it more, because it´s just amazing how those pencil lines REMINDS me of angelina. You know, i can´t explain it very well in english, but 1st one is a photo for me. second one is just like .. ok I drew angelina. without 428 tools that helped me. only me and my pencil.

Angelina_Jolie_by_Lion83.jpg

Maybe I can say the same about music. I will always love Relax take it easy more in acoustic version. :biggrin2:

Yes. Exactly. I know what you mean. That's the reason I stopped drawing for a while. I have strated it all again only recently. I got fed up with it. It was a bit like copying, you know? I love my Mika drawing too, I still stare at it with so much love. If you asked me which drawing of mine I'm the proudest of I'd say that one. I just put so much of myself in it too. (does that make sense? haha! )

I adore that Rihanna drawing, there was like 100 hours of work in it....but still yeah...it's omehow....dead. And the Angleina one is....badass. You know, it's like...

Angelina: it's done with pencils, talent and passion...

Rihanna: it's done with pencils talent and patience...

I like photorealistic smooth drawings, but with something extra on. Like my PS I love you drawing, it's photorealistic but I added my ideas in it....the letters weren't on the original photo. I'm trying to train myself to do that more.(Like drawing the Pennimans fairies)

To get creative and not only just copy a photo. I think the important factor is to put something of you in the drawing. Make it yours.

I have some portraits that don't mean a thing to me even though I've worked hard on them. And others mean so much that I could never sell them.

Art to me, is the process when you put something out on paper that was originally inside you. Others not necessarily see it, but you do. You look at that drawing and feel again what you felt while doing it. Do I make any sense? (I'm talking to much :aah:)

Edited by Zsina

Yes. Exactly. I know what you mean. That's the reason I stopped drawing for a while. I have strated it all again only recently. I got fed up with it. It was a bit like copying, you know? I love my Mika drawing too, I still stare at it with so much love. If you asked me which drawing of mine I'm the proudest of I'd say that one. I just put so much of myself in it too. (does that make sense? haha! )

I adore that Rihanna drawing, there was like 100 hours of work in it....but still yeah...it's omehow....dead. And the Angleina one is....badass. You know, it's like...

Angelina: it's done with pencils, talent and passion...

Rihanna: it's done with pencils talent and patience...

I like photorealistic smooth drawings, but with something extra one. Like my PS I love you drawing, it's photorealistic but I added my ideas in it....the letters weren't on the original photo. I'm trying to train myself to do that more.(Like drawing the Pennimans fairies)

To get creative and not only just copy a photo. I think the important factor is to put something in you in the drawing. Make it yours.

I have some portraits that don't mean a thing to me even though I've worked hard on them. And others mean so much that I could never sell them.

Art to me, is the process when you put something out on paper that was originally inside you. Others not necessarily see it, but you do. You look at that drawing and feel again what you felt while doing it. Do I make any sense? (I'm talking to much :aah:)

By the way-have you noticed that in Rihanna drawing even background is THE SAME? it´s sick. :aah:

TOO true. I find those photorealistic drawings so plastic, boring and slavish. For example everyone loves my Mika no.5 because it´s closest to he original picture. But I don´t! :aah: I can´t decide which one is my favourite, but probably 17 or 18. I like sketches, I like when you can see the likeness without tens hours of work on it. That´s what´s the talent about for me, to catch someone easily but damn exactly! Because that formic-work drawing is like PC art. Ok, it´s hard to do it, but I miss the soul in it.

We share the same opinion obviously and you DON´T talk too much. :wub2:

And I love reading posts from someone that talented. I only can learn from your words.:thumb_yello:

:bow:

No no no. Printpaper is super-fantastic smooth. That's indeed great about them. You can get really photorealistic effect on them. But they damage so very easily.

Like, you grab it accidentally, oryou use the eraser and the whole paper is ****ed up , it creases badly! To understand what I mean: http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/149887/2/istockphoto_149887-creased-paper.jpg

Smooth drawing papers differ from printpaper in their thickness. They are much stronger. (lol, did I just say that concerning a piece of paper? :biggrin2:)

Anyway, I hope you get what I mean. Drawing papers don't damage easily, they are thick and decent...they were designed for agressive pencil uses. :roftl:

oh yeah I had that once, so I rubbed of the top layer of my paper so basically I have a drawing with a hole in it :aah:

and I know what you mean with the photo effect. I like to add something too. I did it with my house drawing and I'm really proud of that.

I wanted to do it with my Wolverine drawing aswell but I didn't saw a way how to :huh:

By the way-have you noticed that in Rihanna drawing even background is THE SAME? it´s sick. :aah:

TOO true. I find those photorealistic drawings so plastic, boring and slavish. For example everyone loves my Mika no.5 because it´s closest to he original picture. But I don´t! :aah: I can´t decide which one is my favourite, but probably 17 or 18. I like sketches, I like when you can see the likeness without tens hours of work on it. That´s what´s the talent about for me, to catch someone easily but damn exactly! Because that formic-work drawing is like PC art. Ok, it´s hard to do it, but I miss the soul in it.

We share the same opinion obviously and you DON´T talk too much. :wub2:

And I love reading posts from someone that talented. I only can learn from your words.:thumb_yello:

:bow:

Yes yes yes! (all I can say)

:blush-anim-cl: aww come on... :huglove:

I admire you guys because I would totally be mental by now if I had to work with printpaper. :aah:

I really love your mika bible. I love how there's other stuff in it too :teehee:

but I just find one thing odd:

Vastleggen%252520in%252520volledig%252520scherm%25252026072011%252520180852.jpg

that's just creepy that we did it the same way :aah: but you know...great minds think alike :mf_rosetinted::das:

:shocked:

I must have been mooching around this thread at the time, looking for inspiration :aah:

:shocked:

I must have been mooching around this thread at the time, looking for inspiration :aah:

I don't think I ever posted it in this thread :lmfao:

It was for those dark tales we wrote for Mika's bday

so that makes it evne more creepy! :aah:

hey, :bye:

i was thinking of starting a new drawing, once the one i'm working on is finished. But i'm not as tallented or experienced as most of you, and i i have a question, so maybe someone here can help me:teehee:

i would like to make a drawing but a combination of normal graphyt pencil and aquarel pencils. Now the question is, what should i use for paper, smooth or textured?

or doesn't it matter that much? :dunno:

hey, :bye:

i was thinking of starting a new drawing, once the one i'm working on is finished. But i'm not as tallented or experienced as most of you, and i i have a question, so maybe someone here can help me:teehee:

i would like to make a drawing but a combination of normal graphyt pencil and aquarel pencils. Now the question is, what should i use for paper, smooth or textured?

or doesn't it matter that much? :dunno:

textured paper is better if you want to use some water on it! I guess you need to use water with aquarel pencils?! (not sure...I'M not really an expert on coloured pencils but I do recommend textured paper if you will be using some water)

textured paper is better if you want to use some water on it! I guess you need to use water with aquarel pencils?! (not sure...I'M not really an expert on coloured pencils but I do recommend textured paper if you will be using some water)

thanks, i thought that textured would be better, but well, i don't know too much about it all, so thought it better to ask :)

so Thanks :biggrin2:

I've got 2 aquarel pencils myself aswell, and I -naive as I am- used it on printpaper :mf_rosetinted: did not go according to plan :lmfao:

But I've never really got the hang of working with aquarel pencils and the water etc. so basically I have 2 almost unused aquarel pencils lying around somewhere :mf_rosetinted:

I've got 2 aquarel pencils myself aswell, and I -naive as I am- used it on printpaper :mf_rosetinted: did not go according to plan :lmfao:

But I've never really got the hang of working with aquarel pencils and the water etc. so basically I have 2 almost unused aquarel pencils lying around somewhere :mf_rosetinted:

i've been looking on the web, for how best to use them :teehee: let's see if it works :aah:

ok, so... this is my latest drawing, it's far from good, but i'm afraid i'm going to make it worse, so i decided to keep it at this :aah::huh:

27072011381.jpg?t=1311778805

edit: oh and i have a crap scanner so i had to take a pic, and it's a bit lighter then it is in real :huh:

I saw all the drawings. I love them all. I read your comments, and I could understand your passion. Congrats :big grin2:

And, Andrea, I love your sweet and necklace!

I did the same thing :roftl: Only that I have like 12 colors and have never used them well :mf_rosetinted:

So, apparently it's not just that I'm not good, but also it's about not using the right materials, good to know :mf_rosetinted:

ok, so... this is my latest drawing, it's far from good, but i'm afraid i'm going to make it worse, so i decided to keep it at this :aah::huh:

edit: oh and i have a crap scanner so i had to take a pic, and it's a bit lighter then it is in real :huh:

It's nice :wink2:

I like it! And the is a likeness. I would definitely say it´s Mika even if you didn´t tell me! :thumb_yello:

I did the same thing :roftl: Only that I have like 12 colors and have never used them well :mf_rosetinted:

So, apparently it's not just that I'm not good, but also it's about not using the right materials, good to know :mf_rosetinted:

It's nice :wink2:

I like it! And the is a likeness. I would definitely say it´s Mika even if you didn´t tell me! :thumb_yello:

thanks girls, but i need a lot more practice to be able to achieve better drawings :teehee:

it's better then the first ones, so if i do a bit better every time, i might someday get where i want to be:blush-anim-cl:

mikadrawing.png

:aah:

It's nice! Keep practising and you'll draw fantastically (I don't know if that adverb exists xD):thumb_yello:

It's lovely, don't worry about anything!! :biggrin2:

It's nice! Keep practising and you'll draw fantastically (I don't know if that adverb exists xD):thumb_yello:

It's lovely, don't worry about anything!! :biggrin2:

If it didn´t, you just created it, so yes, it does :naughty: