• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ian Somerhalder .... aka Damon Salvatore from The Vampire Diaries

yes! :naughty: wauw, I didn't think he was recognizable yet :thumb_yello:

oh you're using a bit of color too now?:teehee:

If I'm drawing him, I've just got to use colour for the eyes !

My first seriously done face-drawing ever. (not sure if that sentence makes sense...) It's not good, but well... It's my first :)

2qi8bhd.jpg

(sorry about bad quality)

It does look like MIKA! Keep train and you´ll be perfect! :thumb_yello:

Here you go!

tumblr_lp26ncFTRc1r0nvpco1_500.jpg

OH MY MIKA :shocked:

THIS IS JUST .... :shocked:

... if you give this to him, he will forget all my "drawings" in a second :aah: and he won´t even open the next 20 :naughty:

IMG_0559.JPG

anyone already know who I'm drawing?:mf_rosetinted:

I know that face! But I don´t. And it´s just perfect,

OMM people I feel like I´m posting into PENCILDRAWINGFANCLUB.COM and not MFC :naughty: You´re all so good :jawdrop:

need to train more

It does look like MIKA! Keep train and you´ll be perfect! :thumb_yello:

... if you give this to him, he will forget all my "drawings" in a second :aah: and he won´t even open the next 20 :naughty:

I know that face! But I don´t. And it´s just perfect,

OMM people I feel like I´m posting into PENCILDRAWINGFANCLUB.COM and not MFC :naughty: You´re all so good :jawdrop:

need to train more

it's this I'm drawing

Ian-Somerhalder-Ultra-Face-Closeup.jpg

and it's not perfect :aah: it's not smooth at all

it's this I'm drawing

Ian-Somerhalder-Ultra-Face-Closeup.jpg

and it's not perfect :aah: it's not smooth at all

If I was Rihanna I´d sing - Shut up and draw. :mf_rosetinted:

You ARE perfect you CAN draw perfectly and this DOES look exactly like him.

Oh my....WOW. was that done with a computer or...?? :swoon:

Pencils. :wink2: There'S some editing on the background though, my scanner's a bi*ch, it screwed up all the colors and contrast so I had to. Thanks!

I'm stunned by the amount of detail in the eyes and the lips...especially the eyes, i'm a fan of eyes, love drawing them, but really, this is truely amazing, the way you did those wrinkles under the eyes, those highlights in the iris and pupil, the iris itself, the lashes and the eyelids! I can see the wrinkles in the eyelids. and the eyebrows too. amazing. you should make a tutorial !!

:wub2:

edit: you made him a bit too feminine maybe, I think it's because of the lashes, but I love the lashes :wub2:

Yes, he's kinda feminine : ) Thank you very much. Actually it looks a lot more dark and kinda scary in real life. Yeah, looking at it now, it's kinda scary. BUt it's much better in real life than on this scan. I hate my scanner. (no wonder it hates me too)

... if you give this to him, he will forget all my "drawings" in a second :aah: and he won´t even open the next 20

Thank you! :huglove: And...NO WAY! (and I don't think he will ever get this, ha! :roftl:)

Thank you everyone for being so nice! :group_hug:

By the way, I actually got a comment on tumblr saying: "It looks like Draco Malfoy" Haha. Ouch. :roftl::aah:

I still need tons of practise :huh: My drawings keep on looking all the same way.

And maybe better materials could help too... what exactly do you use girls?

I use computer paper :mf_rosetinted: and pencil HB for the guide lines and I always use 4B for the shadow, but I've also used 2B, 5B and 6B this time. And then I use cotton to 'mix' it.

There are too many 'and's :aah:

Oh, and this is actually the first time I don't edit the photo to b&w, I did directly from the colored one.

I need advice, please :blush-anim-cl:

Mikadrawing.jpg

I still need tons of practise :huh: My drawings keep on looking all the same way.

I use computer paper :mf_rosetinted: and pencil HB for the guide lines and I always use 4B for the shadow, but I've also used 2B, 5B and 6B this time. And then I use cotton to 'mix' it.

Oh, and this is actually the first time I don't edit the photo to b&w, I did directly from the colored one.

Mikadrawing.jpg

I really like the hand on the picture! I think you need to train those "easy lines :thumb_yello:" (dunno if you saw my thread how to draw Mika :aah:)

but you´re on a good way girl!

Mikadrawing.jpg

you obviously have an eye for details as you managed to draw pretty much every shadow, even the smaller ones. and the shading is almost perfect really. the only problem is, that well, I can see the direction in which you drew them, which is slightly diagonal, from left bottom corner to right upper corner of the paper, you know what I mean?

you have to make sure that that isn't visible, and you can do that by making circles with your pencil, while you do the shadows! just make sure we don't see circles then, so you need to do little circles, and go over it several times. so you'll shadows will become softer aswel, since the transition between dark and lighter shadows are perhaps still a bit to rough.

what you also did very well is that you didn't draw lines, I think I've said it several times on here already, I told Ilse too: don't draw lines!

and I don't see any lines on your drawing so that's good! But I also say: create lines with your shadowing. which is something that you didn't do. You always need to make sure there's a clear distinction between the face and the neck and the clothes, which isn't really visible here.

But like I said, you did a really great job :thumb_yello:

I do give you the advice to draw from black and white pictures, since it's a real pain in the ass to see which colour is darker than the other if it's in colour :aah:

Edited by STEP___

you obviously have an eye for details as you managed to draw pretty much every shadow, even the smaller ones. and the shading is almost perfect really. the only problem is, that well, I can see the direction in which you drew them, which is slightly diagonal, from left bottom corner to right upper corner of the paper, you know what I mean?

you have to make sure that that isn't visible, and you can do that by making circles with your pencil, while you do the shadows! just make sure we don't see circles then, so you need to do little circles, and go over it several times. so you'll shadows will become softer aswel, since the transition between dark and lighter shadows are perhaps still a bit to rough.

what you also did very well is that you didn't draw lines, I think I've said it several times on here already, I told Ilse it too: don't draw lines!

and I don't see any lines on your drawing so that's good! But I also say: create lines with your shadowing. which is something that you didn't do. You always need to make sure there's a clear distinction between the face and the neck and the clothes, which isn't really visible here.

But like I said, you did a really great job :thumb_yello:

I do give you the advice to draw from black and white pictures, since it's a real pain in the ass to see which colour is darker than the other if it's in colour :aah:

and i don't seem to learn :blush-anim-cl::aah::aah::aah:

think andrea will get it way way faster then me:teehee:

I really like the hand on the picture! I think you need to train those "easy lines :thum b_yello:" (dunno if you saw my thread how to draw Mika :aah:)

but you´re on a good way girl!

I thoguht it was wrong :teehee:

Yes, been there like once :aah: I'm more and more lazy to read every day :aah:

Thanks!!

what you also did very well is that you didn't draw lines, I think I've said it several times on here already, I told Ilse too: don't draw lines!

But like I said, you did a really great job :thum b_yello:

I do give you the advice to draw from black and white pictures, since it's a real pain in the ass to see which colour is darker than the other if it's in colour :aa h:

I've always have trouble with lines :aah: I've tried circles and it didn't work neither, so I got back to comfortable lines :mf_rosetinted: I guess I'll give circles another oportunity :naughty:

Yes, I still don't know who to work well on the transition, I guess I have to do 'smaller' bits, so they are the size I want and also not rough.

Creating lines with your shadowing is kinda hard :teehee: But I will keep on practising, I always mess them up and don't 'show up'. In that drawing there are supposed to be some :aah: In the hand and in the face specially, also in the transition head-neck.

Ok, I'll get back to editing the pics before then :thumb_yello:

And thank you so much! :huglove: You did a great job in my self-esteem :naughty:

Have been on a holiday and just saw the amazing creations posted on here, great job to all! Please keep creating new stuff...

And I loved the 'discussion' about the materials (paper/pencils), it just showed all of your passion!