2009 - Mika@Brussels 04 June - Gig reports, photos & vids

Diana

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Woooooooooooooooooot

I'm back home with Queenie, Cath85 and Slavaniet.

I don't know where to start, really. The venue was very tiny (750 people), all seated. We decided it was better to sit 3rd row middle than front on the sides, considering he would be playing the piano a lot. There was a slope so we could perfectly see him anyway. He started with GK (well, he ****ed up the start lmao), then Lady Jane. On SITM, I just couldn't sit anymore so I stood up lol. Noone followed at first, so I quickly sat back. Then I saw a few people looking at me and looking impatient to stand up too so I gave it another try, and it worked : everybody stood up and started dancing and that went mad :biggrin2: We basically spent the rest of the night standing and dancing. We were cheering ALOT between the songs.

At the end of the show, people were cheering very loud, and just wouldn't stop... so that he had no other choice than come back (Martin said) :aah: He arrived on stage saying "Can you see the fear in Martin's eyes? We're about to sthg we've never done before... acoustically". And that's when we heard the first notes of relax. It started very calmly, acoustic, but then it just turned into a rocky version :D They left again, but the crowd again started cheering and we just wouldn't give up you know? So they came back AGAIN, with the trash cans, and played Lollipop a second time. Mika invited (read: dragged) one of the girls of the front row on the stage, and everyone just invaded it after that.

Then we went out and waited for him. There were many people but it went very calmly, everyone behaved. They made us form a line and Mika came and signed everybody's stuff, and had a word for everyone. He signed the flag and the rest of the band also did.

That's all I can think of for now... Oh wait , he said "see you in september..." ;)

Just got home and omg! :shocked: This gig was AMAZING! The guy's amazing :wub2:

I'll leave the full reports to other people that are better at it :P

One funny thing .. the people after the gig were SO calm and quiet .. really weird but oh so good. They were so quiet that we were just chatting and laughing with each other and then I looked to the right and I was like: oh, there's Mika. And he was just standing like 5 or 10 people next to us! Niki didn't even believe it :roftl:

I have not much to show you at the moment, but I will have in the future .. just don't know when yet :P

I do have this:

1051border.jpg

(also have one from Amsterdam with all the names on, but it's on my other memorycard).

And a really nice thing for me .. so happy with it ..

1052border.jpg

:wub2:

Great night .. really great!

Woooooooooooooooooot

I'm back home with Queenie, Cath85 and Slavaniet.

I don't know where to start, really. The venue was very tiny (750 people), all seated. We decided it was better to sit 3rd row middle than front on the sides, considering he would be playing the piano a lot. There was a slope so we could perfectly see him anyway. He started with GK (well, he ****ed up the start lmao), then Lady Jane. On SITM, I just couldn't sit anymore so I stood up lol. Noone followed at first, so I quickly sat back. Then I saw a few people looking at me and looking impatient to stand up too so I gave it another try, and it worked : everybody stood up and started dancing and that went mad :biggrin2: We basically spent the rest of the night standing and dancing. We were cheering ALOT between the songs.

At the end of the show, people were cheering very loud, and just wouldn't stop... so that he had no other choice than come back (Martin said) :aah: He arrived on stage saying "Can you see the fear in Martin's eyes? We're about to sthg we've never done before... acoustically". And that's when we heard the first notes of relax. It started very calmly, acoustic, but then it just turned into a rocky version :D They left again, but the crowd again started cheering and we just wouldn't give up you know? So they came back AGAIN, with the trash cans, and played Lollipop a second time. Mika invited (read: dragged) one of the girls of the front row on the stage, and everyone just invaded it after that.

Then we went out and waited for him. There were many people but it went very calmly, everyone behaved. They made us form a line and Mika came and signed everybody's stuff, and had a word for everyone. He signed the flag and the rest of the band also did.

That's all I can think of for now... Oh wait , he said "see you in september..." ;)

:boing:

Thanks for the report! It sounds amazing!!!

LOL, he actually dragged a girl on stage? :roftl:

Oh, en what's in september?

I guess with the album coming out, he'll be starting touring again.

Just got home and omg! :shocked: This gig was AMAZING! The guy's amazing :wub2:

I'll leave the full reports to other people that are better at it :P

One funny thing .. the people after the gig were SO calm and quiet .. really weird but oh so good. They were so quiet that we were just chatting and laughing with each other and then I looked to the right and I was like: oh, there's Mika. And he was just standing like 5 or 10 people next to us! Niki didn't even believe it :roftl:

I have not much to show you at the moment, but I will have in the future .. just don't know when yet :P

I do have this:

1051border.jpg

(also have one from Amsterdam with all the names on, but it's on my other memorycard).

And a really nice thing for me .. so happy with it ..

1052border.jpg

:wub2:

Great night .. really great!

Sounds like it was even better than the Amsterdam one! And without all the screaming girls at the backstage exit it must have been a lot more relaxed waiting for him. :bleh:

I don't know, but I clearly heard him say "see u in september" when he left the stage for the first time and I think the album's being released then (if I understood properly what he said to people when signing). That's all I know :)

Ohh and I have loads of videos, filmed everything in maximum quality so they should look great, but I can't upload them before saturday :boxed:

As they say, good things come to those who wait:wink2:

Ohh and I have loads of videos, filmed everything in maximum quality so they should look great, but I can't upload them before saturday :boxed:

And you couldn't have told me that? Now I've done all the effort for nothing :roftl:

I guess with the album coming out, he'll be starting touring again.

Oh yeah, of course, thanks. ^^

I don't know, but I clearly heard him say "see u in september" when he left the stage for the first time and I think the album's being released then (if I understood properly what he said to people when signing). That's all I know :)

Cool! Thanks! :biggrin2:

And you couldn't have told me that? Now I've done all the effort for nothing :roftl:

Tssssk, you know you like filming, just like me! :naughty: But yeah I have a lot I think. I ran out of memory at the end of relax so it means I have 2Go of videos. :aah:

Tssssk, you know you like filming, just like me! :naughty: But yeah I have a lot I think. I ran out of memory at the end of relax so it means I have 2Go of videos. :aah:

And you've done the whole gig on 2 Gb? :blink:

I have almost 16 Gb on vids I think ... (only the concert that is).

And yeah, I like filming, but with you standing right behind me filming everything it wasn't that necessary .. :roftl:

hehe. that's awesome. Go mana!

That's your WIFE man!!! :fangurl:

(Actually I almost posted "wait till ST gets here to see his wife's activities tonight" with that picture, but then thought..nah, he knows who/what he married:mf_lustslow:):roftl:

B :boing: you'll have to report everything to me young lady :sneaky2::bleh:

:roftl: I don't know where to start!

But I have videos that tell a lot .. :wink2: (I hope :roftl:)

And you've done the whole gig on 2 Gb? :blink:

I have almost 16 Gb on vids I think ... (only the concert that is).

And yeah, I like filming, but with you standing right behind me filming everything it wasn't that necessary .. :roftl:

Sorry then :roftl: But yeah I have it all on 2Go, my camera rocks I guess? I can film up to 1h30 on 2go when on normal quality, and that's already good quality ;)

Who knows .. someday :mf_rosetinted::roftl:

I'm going to bed now :wink2:

I hope to have the videos up soon, hope to find a way to do it faster than it's going now .. If anyone knows a way, please let my know by PM or so :roftl:

:bye: