Mika @ Milan, Italy - June 6, 2009 - gig report, photos and videos

guylainem123

• Replies 734
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Aha, she also sings in Happy Ending I believe...
yesterday they sang HE together

From twitter:

mellody76Just met mika at airport,checked in at same counter as me,the stalker.;-p had a quick chat with him.i dont wanna leave great milan weather.

about 2 hours ago from txt

Text message from Mana:

Goedemorgen! Milan was incredible. I had tons of room to dance, and took full advantage of it! M gestured for me to starta lollipop stage invasion! And yes, I saw team M @ airport. Only talked to John: M was late and nearly missed his flight. After encore I reached up and M leaned down so I could put my flashing heart necklace on him!!

I'm so glad for her, she is so sweet :wub2:

Text message from Mana:

Goedemorgen! Milan was incredible. I had tons of room to dance, and took full advantage of it! M gestured for me to starta lollipop stage invasion! And yes, I saw team M @ airport. Only talked to John: M was late and nearly missed his flight. After encore I reached up and M leaned down so I could put my flashing heart necklace on him!!

I'm so glad for her, she is so sweet :wub2:

Aaaaaaaaw :wub2::wub2:

:groupwave: yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!! reports are coming in!

thank you mfcers!!!

mika has to stop stalking people at airport! :naughty:

i'm glad you all had a great time!

marina, i didn't realise you had never seen him before! good for you! :thumb_yello:

Ok,posting quickly from the bus on the way from Stansted to London with Mana. We will both try and post properly later.

In short:this was the best gig ever! Beat my best to date, Toronto and LA by far. This was just incredible. He was SO connected and on total fire. Happy is an understatement to express how he looked. He was having a total blast, and so were we. We were going nuts, and Mana and I were bouncing like maniacs at the front, basking in the phenomenal interaction that we were experiencing.

The stage was almost at our ankle level, so there was really no distance. We sat for the slow songs and jumped up at his request for the fast ones. It was just frantic, beautiful, manic and unbelievable. I've never felt so alive at a Mika gig and he seemed to feel similarly.

It felt as if he was focusing on the music and the audience as opposed to the "show",which was my personal gripe with the last tour... We got TONS of eve contact,to the extent that it felt like we were getting a private performance. It was just unbelievable.

At one point during Lollipop he beckoned me/us to come on stage whilst he was singing standing on the piano, but I hesitated so next thing I see he's jumped off the piano and is still coming in my direction gesturing "come!" so I thought oh well, there we go then, and just went up. A few seconds later the stage was full of people and it was a blast.

Some (morons, IMO) grabbed his legs while he was on the piano, and i thought that it would get tricky,but somehow he managed to move away and everything went ok.

He did an unbelievable OMS and acoustic relax,which gave me goosebums. Why he doesn't feel that he can do that song acoustically baffles me. It's gotta be one of his most heartfelt and stunning live songs! He's a total gem.

Happy Ending with Ida was fantastic. She was great,and seemed really nice. The band were all having a great time being silly on stage,and I get the feeling that Dan fits in in a way that Mickey never did.

He has this incredible stage presence teamed with a super down to earth approach which really seems to work, and the chemistry that he has with Mika and Martin is unmistakeable.

To finish for now,we did meet him before the gig and after, when he signed the flag and chatted to us for a short while about his ideas for the codes. I'll go into details later but he said that he'd do tons of stuff from september including secret gigs,etc.

He was happy and excited. I told him that I adored LJ and he was relieved that I said that,as he thought that I'd say that it was "totally sucking".

The meet was cut slightly short after he spoke with us because people were being rude and not following security instructions. To be continued.

Ok,posting quickly from the bus on the way from Stansted to London with Mana. We will both try and post properly later.

In short:this was the best gig ever! Beat my best to date, Toronto and LA by far. This was just incredible. He was SO connected and on total fire. Happy is an understatement to express how he looked. He was having a total blast, and so were we. We were going nuts, and Mana and I were bouncing like maniacs at the front, basking in the phenomenal interaction that we were experiencing.

The stage was almost at our ankle level, so there was really no distance. We sat for the slow songs and jumped up at his request for the fast ones. It was just frantic, beautiful, manic and unbelievable. I've never felt so alive at a Mika gig and he seemed to feel similarly.

It felt as if he was focusing on the music and the audience as opposed to the "show",which was my personal gripe with the last tour... We got TONS of eve contact,to the extent that it felt like we were getting a private performance. It was just unbelievable.

At one point during Lollipop he beckoned me/us to come on stage whilst he was singing standing on the piano, but I hesitated so next thing I see he's jumped off the piano and is still coming in my direction gesturing "come!" so I thought oh well, there we go then, and just went up. A few seconds later the stage was full of people and it was a blast.

Some (morons, IMO) grabbed his legs while he was on the piano, and i thought that it would get tricky,but somehow he managed to move away and everything went ok.

He did an unbelievable OMS and acoustic relax,which gave me goosebums. Why he doesn't feel that he can do that song acoustically baffles me. It's gotta be one of his most heartfelt and stunning live songs! He's a total gem.

Happy Ending with Ida was fantastic. She was great,and seemed really nice. The band were all having a great time being silly on stage,and I get the feeling that Dan fits in in a way that Mickey never did.

He has this incredible stage presence teamed with a super down to earth approach which really seems to work, and the chemistry that he has with Mika and Martin is unmistakeable.

To finish for now,we did meet him before the gig and after, when he signed the flag and chatted to us for a short while about his ideas for the codes. I'll go into details later but he said that he'd do tons of stuff from september including secret gigs,etc.

He was happy and excited. I told him that I adored LJ and he was relieved that I said that,as he thought that I'd say that it was "totally sucking".

The meet was cut slightly short after he spoke with us because people were being rude and not following security instructions. To be continued.

Omigod! AAAAAAHHHH! Awesome! Fabulous! :woot_jump:

In short:this was the best gig ever! Beat my best to date, Toronto and LA by far. This was just incredible. He was SO connected and on total fire.

:tears:

Wish I had been there.

I'm so happy for you! :huglove:

The band were all having a great time being silly on stage,and I get the feeling that Dan fits in in a way that Mickey never did.

That's exactly the same as I posted in the Brussels thread, the magic is back!

Thanks Sara :wub2:

sariflor!!! wow! it must have been an over the top gig for you to say it was his best to date! i can't wait to hear more!

as for the meet being cut short, i guess it is the only way for people to learn how to behave!!! :sneaky2:

i can't say i blame him!

Thank you Sara!! :wub2: I feel sooooo lucky!

It was not an acoustic gig :no:

To be not continued.

would like to know more :biggrin2:

:tears:

Wish I had been there.

I'm so happy for you! :huglove:

I wish you had too! It was utter perfection.

After the gig I spoke to Mama P and was gushing about how incredible her son is, amongst other things how absolutely amazing his acoustic Relax is,and how he shouldn't be unsure about it because it's stunning,as OMS. She then said "why don't you tell him?" and whips out her camcorder and starts filming me while I blab on.

This woman is as fond of her cam as i am,haha!

Seriously, I'm sooo glad that i filmed everything, because we spent hours after the gig watching the vids on Mana's laptop in total awe,replaying the bit where he gets us to go on stage over and over.

We were the truest,most pathetic fangurls ever,hahaha! The vids are kind of mad because i was totally hyper and wasn't even checking what I filmed,lol.

Oh and a special mention goes to Robi for organising the queue so brilliantly,she did an amazing job and we love her!

After the gig I spoke to Mama P and was gushing about how incredible her son is, amongst other things how absolutely amazing his acoustic Relax is,and how he shouldn't be unsure about it because it's stunning,as OMS. She then said "why don't you tell him?" and whips out her camcorder and starts filming me while I blab on. This woman is as fond of her cam as i am,haha!

Seriously, I'm sooo glad that i filmed everything, because we spent hours after the gig watching the vids on Mana's laptop in total awe,replaying the bit where he gets us to go on stage over and over.

We were the truest,most pathetic fangurls ever,hahaha! The vids are kind of mad because i was totally hyper and wasn't even checking what I filmed,lol.

Oh and a special mention goes to Robi for organising the queue so brilliantly,she did an amazing job and we love her!

Haha, amazing!! Thanks for sharing your experiences Sara :wub2:

By the way, he did not perform Lonely Alcoholic? Do you know what was the reason that you guys were not allowed to make pictures or recordings? :blink:

After the gig I spoke to Mama P and was gushing about how incredible her son is, amongst other things how absolutely amazing his acoustic Relax is,and how he shouldn't be unsure about it because it's stunning,as OMS. She then said "why don't you tell him?" and whips out her camcorder and starts filming me while I blab on.

This woman is as fond of her cam as i am,haha!

:woot_jump:

Aww sounds great Sara!:wub2: Wish I'd been there.. The stage invasion bit sounds really special, being him to ask people to come up... he's one of a kind, so aproachable and nice and...:aah::fangurly:

See you tomorrow:biggrin2:

Edited by Neiobi