MIKA @ Sadlers Wells, London - June 8 2009 - Gig Reports, Photos & Videos

Blue Sky

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I'm already back home cause I didn't wait for the meet&greet this time. My sister went to the gig with me today (her first Mika gig, gave him 10/10!) and since we both have to work early tomorrow this one time I decided to skip that.

The gig was fantastic!! Waaay better than Berlin. I'm not saying Berlin wasn't good, it's just that today Mika seemed to be a bit more ekhm, Mikaish if you know what I mean.

We also know a little better now how this 'acoustic' gigs are supposed to look like so we felt free to enjoy ourselves. And omg we so did. Kam and I were in the 5th row and it was so funny to see that at times we were the only one dancing and waving hands. We had so much fun, I am so tired, I have no idea how I'll survive work tomorrow.

Highlights:

-he did acoustic Relax! YES! I've been waiting so long to hear that and it was amazing!

-we stage invaded! It was my first stage invasion and the moron I am I tried to climb the stage from the floor instead of the chair. The stage was pretty high, needless to say I wasn't very succesfull :naughty: I must've looked like a fish taken out of water, all twitching, so embarassing.. Kam literally dragged me on to the stage. If this goes to YT I'll die.

-he started Any Other World!! I was so happy to hear it but then the little fecker made a mistake, stopped and played My Interpretation instead. I don't like MI, I'd love to hear AOW :sneaky2:

-Love Today was awesome!!

-he had an orchestra with him, sounded so good!

-Dan is great, he fits in so well

-Alexander seems to be having the time of his life on this tour, I love it!

-there was a lady in my row, on the right side. She was about 60-70 (not sure, that was quite far and it was dark inside) and she was having as much fun as we were. Sometimes all the people were sitting and only her, Kam and I were dancing. I LOVED watching her. She was my ultimate highlight :wub2:

Ok, I gotta go to sleep.

I LOVED THIS GIG!!!!!!! Roll on Paris!!

Not sure how it was possible but tonight's London gig was even better than Brixton!! Absolutely fantastic!!! Thanks so much MIKA - just the best best nite - thanks for all the effort that everybody puts in to making such an amazing show!!! Love every single song, especially that funny toy song and of course Rain. :fisch::wub2::wub2:

Ok, I'm already back home cause I didn't wait for the meet&greet this time. My sister went to the gig with me today (her first Mika gig, gave him 10/10!) and since we both have to work early tomorrow this one time I decided to skip that.

The gig was fantastic!! Waaay better than Berlin. I'm not saying Berlin wasn't good, it's just that today Mika seemed to be a bit more ekhm, Mikaish if you know what I mean.

We also know a little better now how this 'acoustic' gigs are supposed to look like so we felt free to enjoy ourselves. And omg we so did. Kam and I were in the 5th row and it was so funny to see that at times we were the only one dancing and waving hands. We had so much fun, I am so tired, I have no idea how I'll survive work tomorrow.

Highlights:

-he did acoustic Relax! YES! I've been waiting so long to hear that and it was amazing!

-we stage invaded! It was my first stage invasion and the moron I am I tried to climb the stage from the floor instead of the chair. The stage was pretty high, needless to say I wasn't very succesfull :naughty: I must've looked like a fish taken out of water, all twitching, so embarassing.. Kam literally dragged me on to the stage. If this goes to YT I'll die.

-he started Any Other World!! I was so happy to hear it but then the little fecker made a mistake, stopped and played My Interpretation instead. I don't like MI, I'd love to hear AOW :sneaky2:

-there was a lady in my row, on the right side. She was about 60-70 (not sure, that was quite far and it was dark inside) and she was having as much fun as we were. Sometimes all the people were sitting and only her, Kam and I were dancing. I LOVED watching her. She was my ultimate highlight :wub2:

Ok, I gotta go to sleep.

Glad you had a great time - thanks for your report!!

I sat next to you in A/dam at m&g :wub2:

Sweet dreams

Man I am having trouble today. Sorry. It's not for lack of trying.:blink:

mchoops: partying with MIKA at his afterparty!

22 minutes ago from mobile web ·

osaruchan: just came back from the work with MIKA for his concert. he will be touring Paris, New York and Tokyo after this. highly recommended!

about 1 hour ago from web

Highlights:

Ok, I gotta go to sleep.

Thanks for your report! Sounds like...a Mika gig! :wub2:

Not sure how it was possible but tonight's London gig was even better than Brixton!! Absolutely fantastic!!! Thanks so much MIKA - just the best best nite - thanks for all the effort that everybody puts in to making such an amazing show!!! Love every single song, especially that funny toy song and of course Rain. :wub2:

Glad to hear you had so much fun! :thumb_yello:

Any pics, people? :teehee:

Was that M-Th ???:roftl:

-we stage invaded! It was my first stage invasion and the moron I am I tried to climb the stage from the floor instead of the chair. The stage was pretty high, needless to say I wasn't very succesfull :naughty:I must've looked like a fish taken out of water, all twitching, so embarassing.. Kam literally dragged me on to the stage. If this goes to YT I'll die.

Naah...just say you did a LADY JANE move. Ha.

Thanks for sharing, you made me chuckle. :naughty:

osaruchan: just came back from the work with MIKA for his concert. he will be touring Paris, New York and Tokyo after this. highly recommended!

Tokyo? Tokyo?? 東京???:shocked:

TOKYO???? :shocked:

No news from the elf... wonder whats happening?

Blue Sky?! TOKYO?! :shocked:

Just arrived home from the gig! Was awesome although M&G turned out to be a bit of a mess thanks to some people, but I guess that was to be expected....

what songs did he sing?

In no particular order

Grace Kelly

Stuck in the Middle

Billy Brown

Started Any Other World but got it wrong so he sang My Interpretation instead

Love Today

Big Girl

Lollipop

Relax

Over My Shoulder

Happy Ending

Lady Jane

Lonely Alcoholic

Toy Boy

Blue Eyes

Good Gone Girl

Blame It On The Girls

Wow didn't realise he sang so many songs the time went by way too quickly.

Highlights:

-he started Any Other World!! I was so happy to hear it but then the little fecker made a mistake, stopped and played My Interpretation instead. I don't like MI, I'd love to hear AOW :sneaky2:-Love Today was awesome!!

Ok, I gotta go to sleep.

Too bad he didn't go on with Any other world! I love that song. I hope to hear him play it live one day :wub2:

What about Lonely Alcoholic?

Yes, totally forgot, he did it. Not my favourite but sounded good.

Glad you had a great time - thanks for your report!!

I sat next to you in A/dam at m&g :wub2:

Sweet dreams

I remember of course! :wub2:

You were the first person Mika spoke to, John said Mika'd lost his voice but he quickly recovered when he saw you :teehee:

Just arrived home from the gig! Was awesome although M&G turned out to be a bit of a mess thanks to some people, but I guess that was to be expected....

In no particular order

Grace Kelly

Stuck in the Middle

Billy Brown

Started Any Other World but got it wrong so he sang My Interpretation instead

Love Today

Big Girl

Lollipop

Relax

Over My Shoulder

Happy Ending

Lady Jane

Lonely Alcoholic

Toy Boy

Blue Eyes

Good Gone Girl

Blame It On The Girls

Wow didn't realise he sang so many songs the time went by way too quickly.

What happened at the m&g?

*goes to feed lamb*

Was that M-Th ???:roftl:

This is exactly what I was thinking :biggrin2:

Naah...just say you did a LADY JANE move. Ha.

Thanks for sharing, you made me chuckle. :naughty:

Lol, actually, that's what my sister called me when she came up to me after the gig :naughty:

Blue Sky?! TOKYO?! :shocked:

Ssh, I am not allowed to chat on this thread....but :aah::aah:

I wish I knew when!!

Lonely Alcoholic

Yes!!:thumb_yello:

Over to the report fiends now. I have been totally unsuccessful finding pics etc, given my tight time limit today (which is why I started so early). Work calls. When I get back there will be MILLIONS of pics. For sure.:thumb_yello:

Thanks for the reports so far!:wub2: