MIKA @ Le Poisson Rouge, NY - June 23 2009 - reports, photos and videos

guylainem123

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Last lot, thanks for letting us see these FTS.

3656543914_a34057ba40.jpg

(above looks like Jack Violet's hair...am I wrong??)

3656543988_d50d1716f0.jpg

3655747377_734d423475.jpg

Getting progressively sweatier here:

3656544174_840ff43637.jpg

3656544240_1064e338f2.jpg

Edited by Blue Sky

too tired to post a report :blink: and have to arrive early tomorrow at work after sneaking out before time for the gig...

The show was wonderful!!! Mika sang Lonely Alcoholic, which was absent from the first gigs of the SfS tour, and, at the end, a very special version of Love Today with a string orchestra. Even though he had a sore throat, the energy from the crowd more than held him through the whole performance!! He and everybody certainly had a great time at Le Poisson Rouge tonight :roftl:

I guess the fact that the venue was standing only helped even more to energize the crowd!

Even under the rain, he went on to meet and greet the fans after the concert.

Here's a link for some pictures I took on Flickr:

(I tried uploading them directly to the forum but it failed)

Hope everyone enjoy them

Fabulous :thumb_yello: thank you

too tired to post a report :blink: and have to arrive early tomorrow at work after sneaking out before time for the gig...

The show was wonderful!!! Mika sang Lonely Alcoholic, which was absent from the first gigs of the SfS tour, and, at the end, a very special version of Love Today with a string orchestra. Even though he had a sore throat, the energy from the crowd more than held him through the whole performance!! He and everybody certainly had a great time at Le Poisson Rouge tonight :roftl:

I guess the fact that the venue was standing only helped even more to energize the crowd!

Even under the rain, he went on to meet and greet the fans after the concert.

Here's a link for some pictures I took on Flickr:

(I tried uploading them directly to the forum but it failed)

Hope everyone enjoy them

thanks a lot! wonderful pics! :flowers2:

Met a ton of great, great MFCers. Some old/new faces. The line was so much fun. Really enjoyed talknig to everyone and meeting everyone. Woo!

Ice Cream Truck was THE BEST ice cream. So nice. Mika's mom and brother kept coming out, telling us to get more. It was free.

The orchestra was like "WTF?" I'm sure the looks on their faces will show up in pics.

Stood in the show with Deb, Christine, and Sariflor to the very left of the stage, right in front of the Toy Boy piano. There was feedback on the microphone over there though, so Mika decided to play it at the grand piano. Short video of that tomorrow?

NY has a tradition of bumrushing the stage apparently. Was fierce.

Horrible organization and number system which put us in a cramped room out of order. The room the show was in was like, the size of a normal house. Small! Nice!!

I left before Mika came out to catch the train, but it's okay. Always a next time!

The show was beautifullll, more on that tomorrow. So special. The ice cream was epic. It was just an exxxxcellent day.

I know all you want to do is sleep right now, so I really appreciate you staying up to report for us :wub2:

Sleep well, sweet dreams :huglove:

I so agree; thanks everyone :wub2:

And wow can I just say those pics all look amazing! Mika looked finnneeee :teehee:

Oh how I wish I could have been there:wub2:

Also from me a big thank you to you all for the pics and reports :flowers2::wub2:

And now I could get a close view of his nice jacket and found out something new for me - at the collor of his jacket (don't know the right name for this in english...) you can see bugs, a jet, also some dinosaurs - all together very fascinating toys for boys :naughty:

Met a ton of great, great MFCers. Some old/new faces. The line was so much fun. Really enjoyed talknig to everyone and meeting everyone. Woo!

Ice Cream Truck was THE BEST ice cream. So nice. Mika's mom and brother kept coming out, telling us to get more. It was free.

The orchestra was like "WTF?" I'm sure the looks on their faces will show up in pics.

Stood in the show with Deb, Christine, and Sariflor to the very left of the stage, right in front of the Toy Boy piano. There was feedback on the microphone over there though, so Mika decided to play it at the grand piano. Short video of that tomorrow?

NY has a tradition of bumrushing the stage apparently. Was fierce.

Horrible organization and number system which put us in a cramped room out of order. The room the show was in was like, the size of a normal house. Small! Nice!!

I left before Mika came out to catch the train, but it's okay. Always a next time!

The show was beautifullll, more on that tomorrow. So special. The ice cream was epic. It was just an exxxxcellent day.

thanks for the report kate! glad you had a great time!

really sweet that his mom and brother told you to get more ice cream

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that's the same jacket that he wore at Sadler's Wells lol :naughty:

Glad everyone had a lovely time and thankyou for the pictures!!

He also wore this one in Milan:naughty: I loooove this jacket:wub2:

Thanks guys for the pics and reports!!

Can't wait for more!!:teehee:

Sitting in our hotel room with Sunshine931 and Cassiopee, trying to gather our thoughts.

It's been ****IN AAAAMAAAAZING!! Seriously. The energy was incredible, we were like right on top of the tiny stage, it was very similar to the setup at The Roxy, and Mika was relishing it.

Queuing was fun, we spent tons of time doing the usual gossiping/chatting/moaning that we were tired :naughty:, and the icecream van was just an incredible touch.

We worked very well with the security and Team Mika, enforcing the numbers/time of arrival system, and it paid off. Of course you always get a few asses who try their luck at cheating the system, but luckily karma worked its magic and we all got the positions that we deserved based on the arrival time. I still can't get my head around the fact that some people are that selfish and bad, but I guess that at this stage in my Mika gig queuing career I should know better :roftl:.

On another order of things, I can't believe that Mika actually fleeted that icecream van for us. It was also high quality ice cream, not just any crappy old thing. It was also very cute that, as Kate was saying, Mika's family kept coming over to remind us that we had to have some free icrecream, on Mika. So sweet.

The gig:From the start it was so clear that the crowd was totally up for it, and of course he picked up on this and it magnified his own energy.

We were to the left of the stage, practically on top of the piano (it was tiiiny), and got tons of eye contact and lovely smiles from Mika while he sung.

At one point during Rain, he smirked and pointed his mike at Mana and I asking us to sing :roftl:. It was hilarious.

A bit of a downer was the fact that some rude peeps were chatting away during Over My Shoulder, and Mika kept shushing the crowd, but of course some would just keep speaking and making noise throughoutthe song. Dan looked a bit bothered by that as well. It's just rude, and it upsets me.

We tried to make them stfu and of course these things don't really work, but hey, we tried :naughty:.

Anyway, the gig was absolutely fantastic. Fantastic. He just gave his whole heart, and totally lost himself in the music. He did an especially heartfelt performance of Lonely Alcoholic, which was incredibly beautiful, and Happy Ending was also particularly amazing tonight.

Since we got into the venue, and saw that we were standing right next to the celesta (spelling??) where Mika does Toyboy, Christine, Deb and I were super excited thinking: OMG, he's going to be standing here while we lean onto the instrument (we were literally squashed against it!!), so we were gleefully looking forward to Toy Boy :wub2:.

Little did we expect that, when he started, some over excited girls who were standing next to us started touching him whilst he was starting the song, and to be honest, I think that it was this and not the slight feedback problem that caused him to retreat back to the safety of the piano.

In any case, it was one of the best performances that I've seen of Toy Boy. In fact, I will say that, except for the one at The Roxy (which will always remain the best in my mind because it was the first time that he did it and you could tell how much it meant to him to see the audience's reaction), this was the best Toy Boy that he's done. IMO of course.

He was SO excited!! HE kept smiling and laughing and repeating that we were fooking amazing, etc, and you could just tell how thrilled he was. Obviously, so were we, so it was a great combination.

He told us that he had a cold/sore throat and he was losing his voice, but that we were the best crowd to lose it with, implying that we were helping him so much. It was really touching.

At one point I noticed that he kept doing this thing with his hand at us, towards the place where Mana and I were (really, the two of us are a TERRIBLE combination when it comes to front row fangurliness :roftl:) like saying 'come up!', but it was so subtle that I didn't quite know if he meant that he wanted us to go on stage or not...He kept doing it and then did it again for another song, at which point it actually looked like he was going to grab Mana's hand, so we just jumped on the stage because it was just really clear to me that he was asking us to do that.

I think that *cough* I may have been the first one to get up there *cough* , but in any case we had a full stage a few seconds later so hey, it was fun.

After the gig we were a bit worried that he wasn't actually asking for the stage invasion, so someone (I think Mana?) asked him if that was what he wanted, and he said that yes, that was what he was trying to do, to get us up there.

It was good to get the confirmation, as we've always had this conversation where some people think that he's clearly asking for it, and others think that he's not unless he specifically pulls people up. So, mistery solved :naughty:.

Oh and when we thanked him for the gigs and the tour, he actually told us that it was great to have us follow him around, that he loves seeing our faces at the front all the time at the different places, and he actually told Mana and I that when he saw us there, "he knew that it would be a good one", hahaha! That must have been one of the sweetest things he's said, seriously. He's such a sweetheart, I mean, how can one not melt when he says things like that. Sigh.

Ok, this is all for just now. Cassiopee has dropped off to Mika dream land so Sunshine and I will now see if we missed anything and post again if we come up with some new stuff.

Oh Sara, you and Mana....I can so see you hopping on another plane and coming to Tokyo some day for a gig. Next Mika won't just be sending you icecream, he will be flying you in to make sure has had good gigs!!:wub2:

thank you so much, Sara :flowers2:

I really appreciate you stayed up until late to write this detailed report for all of us waiting for news in the other part of the world.

Excellent piece of writing:thumb_yello:

Edited by suzie

Thank you Sara for your really detailled report! I can very well imagine the feeling of this wonderful evening - and now it is even more difficult to wait for some vids, but also even more exciting !!