The Alexander Millar thread

suzie

We have created threads for all the key musicians who has ever supported Mika at concerts and there is still none for Alexander even though he actually has the longest history performing with him.

Since the acoustic tour is over and it might take a while before we see him perform with Mika again, I think it is perfect time to start a thank you thread for him.

I'd personally like to thank him for making it possible for fans to enjoy Over My Shoulder in such good quality live on this tour. I'll never forget the experience.:blush-anim-cl:

... and :thumb_yello: for backing vocals on other songs, too.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We have created threads for all the key musicians who has ever supported Mika at concerts and there is still none for Alexander even though he actually has the longest history performing with him.

Since the acoustic tour is over and it might take a while before we see him perform with Mika again, I think it is perfect time to start a thank you thread for him.

I'd personally like to thank him for making it possible for fans to enjoy Over My Shoulder in such good quality live on this tour. I'll never forget the experience.:blush-anim-cl:

I'd definitely like to say THANKS to Alexander for Over My Shoulder --

his voice is absolutely amazing, and getting to hear it, not once but

twice over the last month was such a treat. I never dreamed I would

get the chance to hear him live. :wub2:

I'd definitely like to say THANKS to Alexander for Over My Shoulder --

his voice is absolutely amazing, and getting to hear it, not once but

twice over the last month was such a treat. I never dreamed I would

get the chance to hear him live. :wub2:

Yes I feel exactly the same!

I heard Over My Shoulder in March 2007 but Alexander was not performing with Mika and I never expected Mika to add it to his set list again.

I really loved this whole ensemble. Alexander, Ida and Dan were wonderful additions on this tour.

And Alexander sorry for knocking your equipment on stage in NYC. Blame Mika. :teehee:

He has a lovely back:sneaky2:

Yeah well, all the time he was just right in front of our nose, so we couldn't see anything (or anyone rather).:sad: Next time they should put him a bit further in the back, and not on the edge of the stage.

But I really liked his voice. He's a great singer.

Oooh, great idea, Suzie!! How come we never thought of it before :doh:. Alex is an incredible singer, that's pretty obvious, but besides having an amazing voice he also seems so nice, so down to earth, and incredibly proud of Mika. That's so lovely to see :wub2:, and to see the camraderie between them on stage, how they communicate, and in general the whole "vibe" is just unbelievable.

He's so talented and his voice is so pure, that it's such a pleasure to watch him sing on stage, especially when you can see him from close up.

Here a couple of video mementos by moi, from Paris and New York:

Paris 120609:

New York 230609:

I'm also incredibly happy that we got to see him perform with Mika, becuase I truly thought that the Koko gig was a once off, and that he'd never sing with him again.

So: thanks Mika for giving us the chance to check him out, and thanks Alex for being such a wonderful singer and letting us hear you live!

i'm really fond of OMS, it can touch my inner chords so completely.

i love alexander's voice, thanks mika for having such wonderful friends!:naughty:

yes i remember martin was backing mika in 2007 tour, and he was doing his best!:teehee:

can i ask, do we know what professionally he does? is he a professional classic singer, performing in concert halls?

can i have his tour dates?:naughty:

i'm really fond of OMS, it can touch my inner chords so completely.

i love alexander's voice, thanks mika for having such wonderful friends!:naughty:

yes i remember martin was backing mika in 2007 tour, and he was doing his best!:teehee:

can i ask, do we know what professionally he does? is he a professional classic singer, performing in concert halls?

can i have his tour dates?:naughty:

I may have gotten this wrong, but I don't think that he sings professionally... He's in a choir, that's all I know, but not sure what type of choir it is, etc...I get the feeling that it's "part time" or non professional, but again, this is not confirmed info :naughty:.

He should make a living of it!! He sure has the talent.

Edited by sariflor

I may have gotten this wrong, but I don't think that he sings professionally... He's in a choir, that's all I know, but not sure what type of choir it is, etc...I get the feeling that it's "part time" or non professional, but again, this is not confirmed info :naughty:.

..it's best to keep info at this level in case some fans want to turn up for autographs at the rehearsals:naughty:

What a nice guy though and so unassuming. As well as having an amazing voice.

I really wanted to compliment him on it , but it was difficult after gigs, too much shouting and pushing.

I'm glad I got an opportunity in the end, because it needed to be said.

I'm glad I got an opportunity in the end, because it needed to be said.

I was able to tell him but he seemed more interested in pointing out that he noticed Mana dancing in the front row than accepting compliments. :teehee:

I was able to tell him but he seemed more interested in pointing out that he noticed Mana dancing in the front row than accepting compliments. :teehee:

Yeah I noticed that too, but sometimes you just have to sit back and take it you know. You listening, Alex? :naughty:

which gig is this pic from?:blink:

It was posted on mikasounds.com a few weeks ago -- not sure where it's

from. They just say "the acoustic tour." :wink2:

Yeah, the crew find it hard to miss the "Mana fangurl special moves" at the front :roftl:

It was posted on mikasounds.com a few weeks ago -- not sure where it's

from. They just say "the acoustic tour." :wink2:

You know, if Mika didn't insist in wearing a "gig uniform":sneaky2:, it would be a lot easier for us to ID pictures. I reckon he does it on purpose just to confuse us :naughty:.

which gig is this pic from?:blink:

You know, if Mika didn't insist in wearing a "gig uniform":sneaky2:, it would be a lot easier for us to ID pictures. I reckon he does it on purpose just to confuse us

It's either London or Paris. I want to say Paris. :teehee:

Yeah, the crew find it hard to miss the "Mana fangurl special moves" at the front :roftl:

I seem to have developed quite a reputation after this tour. Andy mentioned that he noticed me from all the way across the Paris venue. :roftl:

And you girls can't talk! Thanks to a certain shiny piano in NYC, there's video evidence that "fangurl special moves" are contagious. :naughty:

Now, about Alexander. :wub2:

His voice is absolutely fabulous - and also works well with Mika's.

I mean, Ida on Happy Ending was lovely, but for the most part I don't like female singers as backing vocalists for Mika. Take the Marie lass he had for the festivals last summers. If you watch the PDP DVD, her voice overpowers Mika's. :sneaky2:

But Alexander's is perrrfect! The two of them performing Over My Shoulder together is the eighth wonder of the world, seriously.

Toward the second half of the song where Mika comes in on the word "cold", then a few beats later Alexander comes in...it's fantastic. That moment was in my top three favourites for this tour.

I'll stop here, before I get into my gig report style gushing about how the addition of Alex's voice take's Mika's and makes it three dimensional so that we can all feel it in our hands. Or something. :blush-anim-cl:

Great idea Suzie, of course he should have his own thread!

It was definitely one of the highlights of the acoustic tour performances when you could listen to the voices of the two of them blend together!:wub2:

His voice is absolutely fabulous - and also works well with Mika's.

I mean, Ida on Happy Ending was lovely, but for the most part I don't like female singers as backing vocalists for Mika. Take the Marie lass he had for the festivals last summers. If you watch the PDP DVD, her voice overpowers Mika's. :sneaky2:

But Alexander's is perrrfect! The two of them performing Over My Shoulder together is the eighth wonder of the world, seriously.

I agree!:wub2:

Ida was good but imho Alexander’s voice complete Mika’s in a way that I don’t have the words to describe! So I won’t even try.:wink2:

About Ida, I had a nice little chat with her after the London gig… in Swedish… it was fun!:thumb_yello:

About Ida, I had a nice little chat with her after the London gig… in Swedish… it was fun!:thumb_yello:

That's so cool! :wub2:

I wish I'd been there to hear that. I mean, just with my whole language nerd thing coming into play again. And with Swedish being my heritage, I'd be particular interested in hearing two native speakers have a conversation. :mf_lustslow:

My dad speaks a bit of Swedish, but only on a very basic level. Sigh.