::.George Michael/Wham::.

Zsina

Huh, I can't believe there isn't a thread already for them!!!

I love George Michael soooooooo terribly much!!! With Wham, or without, he is awesome. His voice....:hypo: I'm a huge fan!

I'm very often listenning to him while I'm drawing.

His For Loving / For Living best of CDs..omg....those are AMAZING.

I love the way how he can touch my heart in one song, while in the next my feet....just like our Meeks....:teehee:

Well, that's what I think, and I hope I'm not alone, George Michael is a real legend for me, amazing musician.

Wham -Wake me up before you go go

(the original is a duet with Paul Mc'Cartney...:wub2:)

And more and more.....like Freedom (both the Wham and GM versions) Faith, Freek, Kissing a fool, I want your sex, Jesus to a child.......etc.

I LOVE HIM! :mf_lustslow:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:yikes:

You like George Michael...:shocked:....:roftl:

...I have tons to write on this topic just not at the moment...:teehee:.

Anyway, some thoughts on your post:

They Won't Go When I Go is a Stevie Wonder cover and first appeared on GM's 1990 album Listen Without Prejudice. (BTW, Stevie Wonder sang this song ant MJ's funeral)

Heal the Pain - also originally on Listen Without Prejudice and he wrote it as a tribute to the Beatles (meaning the sound /songwriting style) but Paul McCartney did not feature on it at all originally.

perhaps more to follow later...:biggrin2:

:yikes:

You like George Michael...:shocked:....:roftl:

...I have tons to write on this topic just not at the moment...:teehee:.

Anyway, some thoughts on your post:

They Won't Go When I Go is a Stevie Wonder cover and first appeared on GM's 1990 album Listen Without Prejudice. (BTW, Stevie Wonder sang this song ant MJ's funeral)

Heal the Pain - also originally on Listen Without Prejudice and he wrote it as a tribute to the Beatles (meaning the sound /songwriting style) but Paul McCartney did not feature on it at all originally.

perhaps more to follow later...:biggrin2:

Ah, I didn't know he wrote is as a tribute to the Beatles! I know TWGWIG is a SW cover, I just love the way he sings it...and Paul is on a newer version then? I always thought the duet was first and then GM alone.

Ha...by the way...do we have a beatles thread already? My number ones are them, I am currently reading the massive Biography by Bob Spitz....ahh...I shall look around to check if they have a thread or not...:naughty:

And please post more of GM things here when you ahve some time, I'm dying to know more, glad you're a fan too!:biggrin2: (I guess you are haha)

I LOVE George Michael. Mind you I'm not the kind of fan who own many/any albums but I do love listening to him whenever I discover a song or any of the songs I already know. And I think he's quite pretty, well, used to be. Now he's handsome though :wub2: Will come back to say more later. got to go for now!

And please post more of GM things here when you ahve some time, I'm dying to know more, glad you're a fan too! (I guess you are haha)

Me? A fan? I might have been once :teehee:but no real interest anymore...

Let me desbribe my stages of fandom in pictures:

1990-1994: :pinkbow:

1995-1996: ok, he is a bit :loco: but writes great music and has an amazing voice:blush-anim-cl:

1997-1998: :blink:......... :rasta::insane: WTF?? the beginning of the end?

1998: :shocked: ....yes, it was...

1999-2004: :sneaky2: ... where is any new stuff? Has he lost it completely?

2004-2006: Ok, he lost it comletely:fisch:

2006: let's see if it's worth paying through the nose for the one off gigs? :no:.. it was not worth it...

2007: They were not even one -off gigs! What a compulsive liar:sneaky2:

2007-2009:.. who the hell is GM anyway?

Edited by suzie

Me? A fan? I might have been once :teeheebut no real interest anymore...

Let me desbribe my stages of fandom in pictures:

1990-1994: :pinkbow

1995-1996: ok, he is a bit :loco but writes great music and has an amazing voice:blush-anim-cl

1997-1998: :blink:......... :rasta::insane: WTF?? the beginning ot the end?

1998: :shocked: ....yes, it was...

1999-2004: :sneaky2: ... where is any new stuff? Has he lost it completely?

2004-2007: Ok, he lost it comletely:fisch:

2007: let's see if it's worth paying through the nose for the one off gigs? :no:.. it was not worth it...

2008: They were not even one -off gigs! What a compulsive liar:sneaky2:

2009:.. who the hell is GM anyway?

:lmfao:

I never was a GM Fan or Wham .... When Wham was out I was a Durannie so enough said ... I do own all GM's albums though .... cos' I liked him as a solo artist .... saw him live twice recently ... at Earls Court and Wembley Stadium .... glad I've seen him ... but I wouldn't go again :)

• 1 month later...

Bump!:teehee:

I am soooo glad Mika sang Faith last night, though I must say my favourite live version is still from the big daddy of pop::wink2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZOsv5Ht_s0&feature=related

I do hope, however, that Mika will work on this song a bit and sing it on the next tour as I want to sing along to it next year and it's unlikely I'll ever go to a GM gig again...

Faith, Careless Whisper, Freedome, I want your sex, Father Figure, Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go, Last Christmas (even though its getting plaied a lot almost everywhere each xmas), you have been loved. Love em! And of course also his duet w. Elton John and his "somebody to love" to Mr. Mercury :wub2: I think he is great. Never really thought about where he is from from what i remember:blink: Only own 2 of his albums and 1 w. wham

Edited by Dark Angel

Faith, Careless Whisper, Freedome, I want your sex, Father Figure, Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go, Last Christmas (even though its getting plaied a lot almost everywhere each xmas), you have been loved. Love em! And of course also his duet w. Elton John and his "somebody to love" to Mr. Mercury :wub2: I think he is great. Never really thought about where he is from from what i remember:blink: Only own 2 of his albums and 1 w. wham

i remember that :wub2:

godd... that song makes me silver... his cover was really really good :wub2:

• 11 months later...

ive only heard a few of his songs.. careless whisper, faith (got thos two on my phone :biggrin2:) and i want your sex.

and only heard last christmas by wham

i like all thos songs.

prob have heard some of his other song but i never knew they were his!

Yeah, "I wanna hear every single person, see every single pair of hands... 3 4..." I remember Brian May's face, smiling at Roger Taylor... Priceless...

• 6 months later...

ok, I feel I need to post something positive now after my rant 1.5 years ago on this thread...:teehee:

As some of you might have heard, he will release the cover of True Faith (originally New Order) for Comic Relief 2011 and he is currently doing some quite a few interviews in the UK.

I checked his forum and YT but unlike Mika fans, his active fans do not seem to be so keen to upload stuff, so I created 2 mp3 files of the interview he gave to Chris Evans this week. Both parts include the new song / cover version as well.

Here is the first one in 2 parts in

GM int with Chris Evans BBCRadio2_070311

http://www.sendspace.com/file/1ler40

GM int with Chris Evans BBCRadio2_080311

http://www.sendspace.com/file/dix7mp

.. and apparently he is working on an album and will tour but I'll only believe it when I see it :shun:

(:naughty:)

He's certainly doing a lot of promotion at the moment and has discovered Twitter :teehee:

I think it is a pity he went off the rails as he had one of the best voices in pop. Let's hope he can recover a little of the old magic.

He's certainly doing a lot of promotion at the moment and has discovered Twitter :teehee:

I think it is a pity he went off the rails as he had one of the best voices in pop. Let's hope he can recover a little of the old magic.

Same ... I still love his music and listen to it alot ... One More Try is still one of my fave songs ever :wub2: Actually I still really love that album alot :biggrin2:

When I was a teenager, I loved Wham and George Michael! I used to play 'I want your sex' loud just to make my dad angry (I was a pest sometimes).

Mika's song 'Touches You' made me think instantly of George Michael. I hope GM will make a cover of it some day, or that Mika and him will sing it together :wub2: