Sept 2009 Ground Floor Bar 186 Portobello Road drinks On Mika

FREDDIESDOUBLE

thanks caz! what an amazing night!

ok peeps

i think i can convert this thread to a report thread, just removing the RSVP list and posting links to pics and vids in the first post, as we normally do with report threads after gigs.

i'll add a manual list of ppl who have attended.

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ok peeps

i think i can convert this thread to a report thread, just removing the RSVP list and posting links to pics and vids in the first post, as we normally do with report threads after gigs.

thanks for organizing the thread robertina:thumb_yello:

thanks for the pics and vids caz :flowers2:

so glad that this was an amazing party for everyone!!!!

I called yesterday to the bar...Me, patricia and Roel gave Mika a drink from us from Holland haha...But don't know if he get the drink yesterday...did someone saw it maybe...The barkeeper writes our name on a paper...

ok peeps

oh thanks!!

:lmfao:

Best quote EVER!!!

Caz, I am SOOOO glad you were able to go. Obviously I'm not sure what exactly transpired between you and your mum, but I'm SO glad you were there. :huglove:

Who'da thunk, you running off to London at a moment's notice? It's like our little girl is all grown up right before our eyes. :naughty:

Thank you so much for the pics and vids. Your Rain video is EPIC!!!!! :mf_lustslow:

hey Mana! I'm totally glad I went and I told my mum that too. I think she was just worried and because I'm the youngest and because she's really introverted and doesn't get out much. No offense to my mum, I love her, but she's very overprotective and needs to realise I need a life outside of this house. I've done so much this year event wise and alot of them have included trips to London, it's not like I don't know what I'm doing. She said I don't go to London very often but maybe it's about time I started, y'know? I don't want to live the life that she does, I want to live my own with no regrets. Sariflor also said to me how proud she was of me that I took the chance to see Mika. I have to say, I'm proud too. Taking the train to London on the spur of the moment? Best thing I have ever done.

The pub thing was meant to be tonight and I wouldn't have been able to attend because of work, but it happened yesterday and I had a blast. It was meant to be :wub2::naughty:

On the way to the train station I told my dad he could come with me (cos he said "mum's right, it's a shame you don't have anyone to go with" to which I replied "I don't know many Mika fans here at all and even if they are they're not big enough fans to drop everything and head to London randomly") so I said he could come with. He said "No, I haven't had a shave and I wouldn't wanna go looking like this" so I was like "fair enough". On the way back I told him all the details, saying how it was to celebrate Mika's new single and that all drinks were on him and I believe I failed to mention all that on the way there, because my dad was like "Oh that's fantastic!! If I'd have known I would have gone! I wish I went now." :roftl:

My dad knows what it's like to have such passion about a certain artist because he's a huge fan of Elvis, and really regrets not flying to the states to see him live. See, my mum and dad are quite opposite :naughty:

I hope more stuff like this happens. I know I may have my blonde moments but I'm not thick, I know how to read instructions, the tubes aren't exactly difficult. I just wish mum put some trust in me sometimes but that's one thing she really lacks.

Where's the Good Gone Girl indeed, eh?

oh and you're welcome about the Rain video!

Edited by CazGirl

hey Mana! I'm totally glad I went and I told my mum that too. I think she was just worried and because I'm the youngest and because she's really introverted and doesn't get out much. No offense to my mum, I love her, but she's very overprotective and needs to realise I need a life outside of this house. I've done so much this year event wise and alot of them have included trips to London, it's not like I don't know what I'm doing. She said I don't go to London very often but maybe it's about time I started, y'know? I don't want to live the life that she does, I want to live my own with no regrets. Sariflor also said to me how proud she was of me that I took the chance to see Mika. I have to say, I'm proud too. Taking the train to London on the spur of the moment? Best thing I have ever done.

The pub thing was meant to be tonight and I wouldn't have been able to attend because of work, but it happened yesterday and I had a blast. It was meant to be :wub2::naughty:

On the way to the train station I told my dad he could come with me (cos he said "mum's right, it's a shame you don't have anyone to go with" to which I replied "I don't know many Mika fans here at all and even if they are they're not big enough fans to drop everything and head to London randomly") so I said he could come with. He said "No, I haven't had a shave and I wouldn't wanna go looking like this" so I was like "fair enough". On the way back I told him all the details, saying how it was to celebrate Mika's new single and that all drinks were on him and I believe I failed to mention all that on the way there, because my dad was like "Oh that's fantastic!! If I'd have known I would have gone! I wish I went now." :roftl:

My dad knows what it's like to have such passion about a certain artist because he's a huge fan of Elvis, and really regrets not flying to the states to see him live. See, my mum and dad are quite opposite :naughty:

I hope more stuff like this happens. I know I may have my blonde moments but I'm not thick, I know how to read instructions, the tubes aren't exactly difficult. I just wish mum put some trust in me sometimes but that's one thing she really lacks.

Ha- your mum sounds a bit like my mum! She always thought I was wonderful and that I could be a huge success, but in any individual circumstance her worrying gave the message that she thought I was a complete moron! "But mum, hundreds of people go to London/drive on the continent/take engineering degrees" "Yes, but..."

I'm glad you went and had a good time!

Love it and good on you :wub2:

Good on your mum too

Ha- your mum sounds a bit like my mum! She always thought I was wonderful and that I could be a huge success, but in any individual circumstance her worrying gave the message that she thought I was a complete moron! "But mum, hundreds of people go to London/drive on the continent/take engineering degrees" "Yes, but..."

I'm glad you went and had a good time!

That's exactly, mum appears to think I'm made of talent and is like "YOU CAN DO THIS YOU CAN DO THAT YOU CAN DO THIS" but when I'm like "I'm going to London to see Mika" she hits the roof! :lmfao:

The videos I took yesterday are video responses to Mika's video "Manic Monday" by the way :wub2:

I thought it was suitable :naughty:

good idea to make them video respones to manic monday:naughty:

and good on you for insisting to make the last minute trip to london

IT WAS NOT!!!! :shocked:

He looked straight at me in the eyes and was so kind :blush-anim-cl:

And I was by the MFC table when the good songs started, I can't remember what the song was though, maybe Michael Jackson? I stood there raving away on the spot and as I turned to look at him he was looking directly at me and laughing :roftl: I didn't stop dancing though, I carried on singing away and had a fabulous time :biggrin2:

Remember back in the old days when you had never even met him?

And look at you know partying away in the London night!:thumb_yello:

All I can say is... Woooooow :wub2:

He should do that kind of stuff more often :teehee:

:roftl:

Yes please in different cities all over Europe!:biggrin2:

Nah just kidding, it’s natural that he’s doing this in London; he’s living there after all!

Happy for you!:thumb_yello:

Hello. Just thought I would write some thoughts about last night. I was unsure at first whether to go or not. But I’m pleased we did. What a night!!! I’m on such a mika high today.

I was a little worried that the place would be rammed full with loads of people just mobbing mika. But thankfully that didn’t happen. It was a great atmosphere.

I did see quite a few mfc's (I recognise you from pic's etc) but I’m always too shy to go and speak to people. You will not believe how long it took me to build up the courage just to ask mika for a photograph.lol.

The highlight of my evening though was when they played my we are golden cd. I think they couldn’t get someone's mp3 to work. So when I went to ask mika to sign my single he asked to borrow the cd. Of course I obliged. I couldn’t believe that my copy of WAG was being played at the WAG party. I was so happy: D. and if you saw a girl daning round with an empty cd case that me :).haha!!

That particular cd is now not ever being played again. I’m going to go out and buy another copy today.lol.

Overall and amazing night - enjoyed by everyone :) and maybe next time I will try to speak to more people instead of hiding around the back of the DJ booth ;)

Hello. Just thought I would write some thoughts about last night. I was unsure at first whether to go or not. But I’m pleased we did. What a night!!! I’m on such a mika high today.

I was a little worried that the place would be rammed full with loads of people just mobbing mika. But thankfully that didn’t happen. It was a great atmosphere.

I did see quite a few mfc's (I recognise you from pic's etc) but I’m always too shy to go and speak to people. You will not believe how long it took me to build up the courage just to ask mika for a photograph.lol.

The highlight of my evening though was when they played my we are golden cd. I think they couldn’t get someone's mp3 to work. So when I went to ask mika to sign my single he asked to borrow the cd. Of course I obliged. I couldn’t believe that my copy of WAG was being played at the WAG party. I was so happy: D. and if you saw a girl daning round with an empty cd case that me :).haha!!

That particular cd is now not ever being played again. I’m going to go out and buy another copy today.lol.

Overall and amazing night - enjoyed by everyone :) and maybe next time I will try to speak to more people instead of hiding around the back of the DJ booth ;)

Sounds like you had a great time! :wub2: Awww, wished I was there :blush-anim-cl:

wow, he borrowed your cd?? That's really cool & special!! :boing:

yeah, next time you should definitely speak to the mfc'ers, they're very friendly :wink2: But I can understand that, at my first mika-gig I didn't dare to speak to a lot of people, but now I've met a lot of amazing mfc'ers :wub2:

It looks like it was so much fun! Mika is such an amazing person to do this for his fans!

There is no other celebrity like Mika! I met him again in Blackpool. He's just so wonderful!

Oh, I think he's got competition there!

Pixie Lott yesterday co piloted a plane flying her fans to Germany where she was playing!

Oh, I think he's got competition there!

Pixie Lott yesterday co piloted a plane flying her fans to Germany where she was playing!

You see, I'm not at all impressed by that! How much would that have cost? It wasn't really for her fans, it was to make an impact. I'm not being critical of her, this is the music game and it was a fab idea to grab attention and promote her new single.

But what Mika did was directly for his fans. For me that makes him head and shoulders above the rest.:wub2:

But what Mika did was directly for his fans. For me that makes him head and shoulders above the rest.:wub2:

fully agree. What Mika's invitation implied was that he was in touch with his fans, treating them as his friends who he goes down to the pub with.:wink2:

:thumb_yello:

....besides, it does seem to have been a genuine, last minute thing

Edited by suzie

I called yesterday to the bar...Me, patricia and Roel gave Mika a drink from us from Holland haha...But don't know if he get the drink yesterday...did someone saw it maybe...The barkeeper writes our name on a paper...