Sept 2009 Ground Floor Bar 186 Portobello Road drinks On Mika

FREDDIESDOUBLE

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello. Just thought I would write some thoughts about last night. I was unsure at first whether to go or not. But I’m pleased we did. What a night!!! I’m on such a mika high today.

I was a little worried that the place would be rammed full with loads of people just mobbing mika. But thankfully that didn’t happen. It was a great atmosphere.

I did see quite a few mfc's (I recognise you from pic's etc) but I’m always too shy to go and speak to people. You will not believe how long it took me to build up the courage just to ask mika for a photograph.lol.

The highlight of my evening though was when they played my we are golden cd. I think they couldn’t get someone's mp3 to work. So when I went to ask mika to sign my single he asked to borrow the cd. Of course I obliged. I couldn’t believe that my copy of WAG was being played at the WAG party. I was so happy: D. and if you saw a girl daning round with an empty cd case that me :).haha!!

That particular cd is now not ever being played again. I’m going to go out and buy another copy today.lol.

Overall and amazing night - enjoyed by everyone :) and maybe next time I will try to speak to more people instead of hiding around the back of the DJ booth ;)

Thank you for this sweet report!:wub2:

I bet you bought a new copy of the CD, wouldn't want to wear out the Lucky-one would you?:wink2:

You see, I'm not at all impressed by that! How much would that have cost? It wasn't really for her fans, it was to make an impact. I'm not being critical of her, this is the music game and it was a fab idea to grab attention and promote her new single.

But what Mika did was directly for his fans. For me that makes him head and shoulders above the rest.:wub2:

Oh come on!

That's pretty kewl!

Maybe because I am a guy - that really appeals to me.

I not saying Mika's shindig wasn't fantastic. Mika's was very intimate which most stars & artists would not expose themselves to.

Maybe there is a new artist out there today - one that really appreciates their hard core base of fans & these fans allow them to be themselves.

I hope so!

Everybody would benefit.

Thank you for this sweet report!:wub2:

I bet you bought a new copy of the CD, wouldn't want to wear out the Lucky-one would you?:wink2:

thank you :blush-anim-cl:

Yep im about to go out and buy another copy. thankfully my local hmv hasn't sold out. my friend was rushing around London yesterday trying to find the single but they were sold out everywhere!!

You see, I'm not at all impressed by that! How much would that have cost? It wasn't really for her fans, it was to make an impact. I'm not being critical of her, this is the music game and it was a fab idea to grab attention and promote her new single.

But what Mika did was directly for his fans. For me that makes him head and shoulders above the rest.:wub2:

I don't really think it's fair to assume that Mika's motives are 100% pure and everybody else's 0%

Pixie's fans did benefit, by the sound of it- who's to say she wasn't trying to please them? And Mika got good publicity out of yesterday's treat- I hope it's effective.

Don't get me wrong, I think Mika's gesture was sincere, I'm just not leaping in to say that no-one else's is. Pixie's fanclub probably have the motivations the other way round

Note to Mika- I would rather die than get in a plane co-piloted by you- you don't seem to be able to catch trains and planes, let alone fly them!

Oh come on!

That's pretty kewl!

I not saying Mika's shindig wasn't fantastic. Mika's was very intimate which most stars & artists would not expose themselves to.

Maybe there is a new artist out there today - one that really appreciates their hard core base of fans & these fans allow them to be themselves.

I hope so!

Everybody would benefit.

Don't get me wrong, it is a really cool idea but I think that you would be kidding yourself if you thought it was for the fans not for her sales!

I do like Pixie, she was awesome on Saturday.

I don't really think it's fair to assume that Mika's motives are 100% pure and everybody else's 0%

Pixie's fans did benefit, by the sound of it- who's to say she wasn't trying to please them? And Mika got good publicity out of yesterday's treat- I hope it's effective.

Don't get me wrong, I think Mika's gesture was sincere, I'm just not leaping in to say that no-one else's is. Pixie's fanclub probably have the motivations the other way round

Note to Mika- I would rather die than get in a plane co-piloted by you- you don't seem to be able to catch trains and planes, let alone fly them!

I'm totally getting misunderstood! I'm not making Mika out to be 100% pure. Yes I'm sure the party last night did his rep alot of good but it was still the fans that got the most of out it I feel.

As amazing as Piloting a plane is I don't se the real benefit of it to fans, she gets there a bit earlier and makes a showy entrance? Yes it's fab but it doesn't really "give anything back" imo.

As I said I like Pixie Lott, nothing against her, not saying what she did was wrong in any way, shape or form. Just saying that imo Mika's event was more fan centred.

Don't get me wrong, it is a really cool idea but I think that you would be kidding yourself if you thought it was for the fans not for her sales!

I do like Pixie, she was awesome on Saturday.

Yes, she does have a great voice and a good team of songwriters she works with! I wish her success and hope she'll remember her Lollipop girl days when she gets bigger:teehee:

Oh come on!

That's pretty kewl!

I hope so!

Everybody would benefit.

I'm sorry.... You're a guy? Wow. This whole time I pictured you as a female. I wonder why, now that I think about it. Apart from the general assumption that most people on here are female:naughty:

Sorry everyone. This is OT.

I'm sorry.... You're a guy? Wow. This whole time I pictured you as a female. I wonder why, now that I think about it. Apart from the general assumption that most people on here are female:naughty:

Sorry everyone. This is OT.

Gee!

Thanks!

I think! Hahaha!:thumb_yello:

He could always ask John Travolta to fly us!:wink2:

Alright, my 'proper' report will come later when my brain feels a bit less like it's been trampled by a thousand elephants (blame the lack of sleep and intensity of emotions and excitement of the past few days :naughty:) so here in the meantime a few little clips that I took last night.

They are just little snippets to give you an idea of the atmosphere-I didn't want to go and film everything, and especially I didn't want to go chase and film Mika when he was doing his thing, as this would feel wrong (to me). So it's just a little bit of footage of us and the atmosphere and him when he was in the dj booth.

Very chaotic atmosphere as you can see :roftl:. Goodness, we had such a blast!

I love this man, I really do. How incredible was it for him to do this? And he seemed genuinely pleased to see us. His assistant had specifically asked earlier to get us all rounded up, so that we could go to the party, and she also told me to get everyone together and to NOT leave, as Mika wanted to take a group picture with all of us at the end. Unfortunately, this never worked out that well ,as when we went outside to do it there were tons of people just there (it was very hot inside and very nice outside) so it all turned into a massive mob where nobody could see anyone in the pic :roftl:. Oh well, the intention was there, which is what matters.

This was just before he went home. Oh, and I thought that it was super sweet that he specifically walked into the pub and to where we were, to tell us this, before he left the party. How much nicer can he get???

He did the same when he arrived: he went straight to say hi to us. :wub2:

Anyway, here are the videos of this incredible night:

Alright, my 'proper' report will come later when my brain feels a bit less like it's been trampled by a thousand elephants (blame the lack of sleep and intensity of emotions and excitement of the past few days :naughty:) so here in the meantime a few little clips that I took last night.

They are just little snippets to give you an idea of the atmosphere-I didn't want to go and film everything, and especially I didn't want to go chase and film Mika when he was doing his thing, as this would feel wrong (to me). So it's just a little bit of footage of us and the atmosphere and him when he was in the dj booth.

I love this man, I really do. How incredible was it for him to do this? And he seemed genuinely pleased to see us. His assistant had specifically asked earlier to get us all rounded up, so that we could go to the party, and she also told me to get everyone together and to NOT leave, as Mika wanted to take a group picture with all of us at the end. Unfortunately, this never worked out that well ,as when we went outside to do it there were tons of people just there (it was very hot inside and very nice outside) so it all turned into a massive mob where nobody could see anyone in the pic :roftl:. Oh well, the intention was there, which is what matters.

This was just before he went home. Oh, and I thought that it was super sweet that he specifically walked into the pub and to where we were, to tell us this, before he left the party. How much nicer can he get???

Thank you!:thumb_yello:

Yes it really catches the atmosphere!

Sounds like so much fun!:wub2:

And Mika is filming you while you’re dancing that is so cute!:teehee:

How’s your camera doing? Any hope for it?:wink2:

I have just uploaded all my photos to Facebook - it should be possible for anyone to view them on this link, but if it doesn't work then I will upload them all on here as well. If anyone is in any of them and wants a copy PM me and I can send you them!

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=310945&id=609715593&l=305a106deb

Will let you have my You Tube link when I have uploaded that - still feeling a little fragile after last night!

Thank you!:thumb_yello:

Yes it really catches the atmosphere!

Sounds like so much fun!:wub2:

And Mika is filming you while you’re dancing that is so cute!:teehee:

How’s your camera doing? Any hope for it?:wink2:

Yeah, he was filming us, I wonder if he's going to post the footage :naughty:. Mind you, I wasn't in front of him when he did, but I'm sure that he caught some familiar faces there. I think that Jemma and Daz were there at that time.

And my camera is fixed!!! My colleague managed to give it a few whacks against the desk at work today and he fixed it so I was so relieved!!!

I have just uploaded all my photos to Facebook - it should be possible for anyone to view them on this link, but if it doesn't work then I will upload them all on here as well. If anyone is in any of them and wants a copy PM me and I can send you them!

Will let you have my You Tube link when I have uploaded that - still feeling a little fragile after last night!

Thanks!

It was really nice meeting you last night :thumb_yello:

Thank you so much, your pictures is really good!:wub2::thumb_yello:

Yeah, he was filming us, I wonder if he's going to post the footage :naughty:. Mind you, I wasn't in front of him when he did, but I'm sure that he caught some familiar faces there. I think that Jemma and Daz were there at that time.

And my camera is fixed!!! My colleague managed to give it a few whacks against the desk at work today and he fixed it so I was so relieved!!!

For your colleague!:flowers2:

Even if he/she doesn't have a clue how many good deeds that camera has made!:roftl:

Hello. Just thought I would write some thoughts about last night. I was unsure at first whether to go or not. But I’m pleased we did. What a night!!! I’m on such a mika high today.

I was a little worried that the place would be rammed full with loads of people just mobbing mika. But thankfully that didn’t happen. It was a great atmosphere.

I did see quite a few mfc's (I recognise you from pic's etc) but I’m always too shy to go and speak to people. You will not believe how long it took me to build up the courage just to ask mika for a photograph.lol.

The highlight of my evening though was when they played my we are golden cd. I think they couldn’t get someone's mp3 to work. So when I went to ask mika to sign my single he asked to borrow the cd. Of course I obliged. I couldn’t believe that my copy of WAG was being played at the WAG party. I was so happy: D. and if you saw a girl daning round with an empty cd case that me :).haha!!

That particular cd is now not ever being played again. I’m going to go out and buy another copy today.lol.

Overall and amazing night - enjoyed by everyone :) and maybe next time I will try to speak to more people instead of hiding around the back of the DJ booth ;)

lovely report! and he borrowed your cd!!!

we can always count on you for amazing vids! thanks sara:thumb_yello:

also love to hear that he wanted to take an mfc group pic :wub2:

thanks for the pics!

Great pics. thx!

Were you the blonde lady on the table next to us?

Good to meet you ;-)