Sept 2009 Ground Floor Bar 186 Portobello Road drinks On Mika

FREDDIESDOUBLE

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

'Meanwhile, the 26-year-old turned his local into an impromptu Twitter party for his fans this week by splurging £12,000 on booze at the Ground Floor Bar in Portobello Road in London.'

:blink: £12,000?!?!? I knew it was gonna be a lot but...12???

'Meanwhile, the 26-year-old turned his local into an impromptu Twitter party for his fans this week by splurging £12,000 on booze at the Ground Floor Bar in Portobello Road in London.'

12,000!!! WOW

where did you read that?

Posted on September 8th, 2009

Check Out The Baying Mob At Mika's Single Launch!

To launch his new single, ‘We Are Golden’, Mika invited friends and fans for a celebratory drink at his local pub on Portobello Road last night.

The place was besieged by a rabid crowd of excited Mika fans… both young and old!

Click here to check out a picture of the crazy scenes now.

Stay tuned - loads more pictures are coming in the next few days.

mika_photo_08-09-09.jpg

Edited by mari62

The metro website http://www.metro.co.uk/fame/article.html?Mika_escapes_naked_web_shame&in_article_id=733033&in_page_id=7

... I was thinking it was gonna be more in the region of £4000..... There weren't really that many people there! :blink:

who knows maybe the paper got it wrong. metro after all is not that reliable. but even if it was 4000 it'd still be a lot of money!

Whaaaat!? :jawdrop: Bloody hell!!

Holy crap! :roftl:

That's amazing. Mika fans really know how to party. Good thing he gets his cars and his Louboutins for free. :teehee:

12K? That is a LOT. I was thnking it might have been around the 8K mark, cos a spirit and mixer was £3.50 and it seemed like there was about 200 people there (though I'm rubbish at guessing numbers) so it was always going to be a fair bit. And it was a LONG time before the tab ran out as well. I think it was about 10.20pm, so it lasted about 4 hours, which is pretty good going.

Still can't get over the fact that he actually paid for it himself. He's officially the nicest (and most terrible money saving) person in the entire world. He seemed to really enjoy it though, so probably worth it.

I think they're both wrong.. It must have been a fair bit more than £1200....but less than £12000 :naughty: Pft tabloids....

Yeah, I agree, way more than £1200, but hopefully less than £12000. Either way, whether it's £1200, £12000 or somewhere in the middle, he's mega fab. :biggrin2:

Yeah, I agree, way more than £1200, but hopefully less than £12000. Either way, whether it's £1200, £12000 or somewhere in the middle, he's mega fab. :biggrin2:

Even if we all had to buy our own drinks...or buy him drinks! It would have still been incredible :blush-anim-cl:

My pics are almost all up on facebook, I'll post the link in a min when they're done

I think they're both wrong.. It must have been a fair bit more than £1200....but less than £12000 :naughty: Pft tabloids....

you can never really trust these papers:naughty:

what matters is that mika must have paid quite a lot of money to buy drinks for the fans :wub2:

Edited by Louiza

Even if we all had to buy our own drinks...or buy him drinks! It would have still been incredible :blush-anim-cl:

My pics are almost all up on facebook, I'll post the link in a min when they're done

Yeah, just organising it and showing up would have been ace, but paying for the drinks as well was just completely wonderful.

He's such a sweetheart. :wub2:

I didn't take many pics. I took that pic of him dancing where you can just see his hands up in the air, but I didn't get a pic with him and didn't wander up to the DJ booth to take pics. I would have felt a bit rude and would have been worried about giving him epilepsy with the amount of flashes going off, hahaha.

:shocked: it must be all of rose's diet pepsi... she said she had quite a few of those :dunno::lmao:

Who knew it would cost so much!LOL!!!

Funnily, when he first came to say hi, I told him I could only drink diet coke, so I'd be cheap, and he thought it was funny.

you can never really trust these papers:naughty:

what matters is that mika must have paid quite a lot of money to buy drinks for the fans :wub2:

After all he's got a gold ass :roftl:

Now this is really a good one.