2009 - MIKA @ Popstarz Live @ The Scala, London 11-09 - REPORTS, PHOTOS, VIDS

Blue Sky

Hahaha I can assure you his skin was as lovely as ever. I'd not actually thought about it like that though. Hahaha bless him.

He would come up with the most retarded superhero name ever, nothing we make up could actually come anywhere close because it'd be so ridiculous.

At the beginning of the show he commented his mask with something like: 'As you see catwoman sat on my face'. I'm not sure he said catwoman but the very idea of something sitting on his face was sooooo funny:biggrin2::naughty::roftl:

• Replies 693
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This show was just brilliant! My first first row ever as well:teehee: Mika started with Relax, then Big Girl, Stuck In The Middle and then he went on to new songs, Blame It On The Girls, Dr John, WAG, Rain. Sang Love Today, Happy Ending, Billy Brown, Grace Kelly and Lollipop as well (order is quite random). Lollipop was crazy - he was accompanied on stage with 3 drag queens who looked just fab (especially the one in violet leggins:naughty:) . Then we stage invaded - my first as well. It was just wild and brilliant - I have no idea even how I got on the stage - barrier was the same high as at iTunes but many people managed to. We jumped, danced and then run off backstage by mistake, where we weren't suppose to so we were quickly asked out by security:roftl:

After the gig Mika went out VERY quickly - after about 20 minutes. There were just about 10-15 of us already there and he just briefly signed autographs and went away. He looked very tired and no wonder - he was jumping and dancing madly throughout the show.

It was all so funny when he said that he's been coming to Popstarz every year but this year is the first time he's come with his mum:roftl:

Also he said Blame It On The Girls will be second single! And he made a mistake saying they'd play songs from his new album coming out next MONTH:shocked:

All in all it was a great show, sound was amazing, Mika's voice at its best, very expressive and artistic performance.

I want another gig!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry for this report being so random - it's almost 5 a.m. I'll try to write more sensibly when I get some sleep.

Thx for the report. God i would ahve loved t be there :tears. Glad you had fun!

Wish and hoped i woud have had some fun today. had bought beer and wine for today... but nope....

Thx for the report. God i would ahve loved t be there :tears. Glad you had fun!

Wish and hoped i woud have had some fun today. had bought beer and wine for today... but nope....

You're welcome. I'm sure there's so much more to come for you! But yes, anyone who didn't make it - you guys have something to regret. Of all the 3 shows I've seen this was the best!

Thanks for all the vids and pics...looks like QUITE a night. And it doesn't look that bad at the end...just a few guys with the hots for Mika, grabbing and kissing...just like the girls like to do usually:naughty:

Report:

I did not arrive very early.. as I have planned to meet my friends first in Soho...

by the time I reached there it was past 10:30 pm... I went to the VIP area (not knowing it was the VIP area) - stood there and mingled with the crowd (there was no security)....

by the time we realized this is te VIP area - we moved gracefully to the back of the room - where we could have a great view without being touched and pushed by anyone... it was a great location - and it was also on the same level as the stage

everyone was friendly... the overall crowd was young - obviously mostly gay.. which was great...

Mika was topless from beginning to end.. I think he enjoyed it - as he looked very comfortable

Music was great... the sound system was good...

he looked happy and very much in his element... and several times very reminiscent of his teenage years when he used to go to this gay club and wait for someone to buy him a drink or dance in the lower level dance floor - it seems this club meant a lot to him and brought back lots of good

memories...

I met several MFC people - but did not stand with them ad I was with a friend...

the overall atmosphere was great.. very friendly...

at the end - some of his fans did come up to the stage - and a couple of guys kissed and hugged him - but no big deal really...

Mika was high fiving a lot of the male fans front row and he even took one of the fans' camera and started taking pictures in one of the songs while performing...

:thumb_yello:

thank you, my dear! :huglove:....how are you? :huglove:

Pictures are uploading now and you can see them here when they're finished.

I've got videos of Rain, WAG and Lollipop (with the surprise! whoop!) and I'll leave them uploading overnight but they'll be here once they're done.

Gig was fab, loved the tiny venue and being so close, but some of the people there had no respect for anyone else. I was continually used as a leaning post by one guy (not just brushing against every now and then, actually he was resting all his weight on my back and if I moved to the side he'd go with me as though he was glued to me) and I'd asked nicely for him to stop. Also got constantly battered by thrusting guys (it's actually not as funny as it sounds) and two guys behind us were doing things that best not be mentioned and then their hands ended up on our shoulders which grossed us out completely. BUT apart from that rant, it was mega good. Love Today went OFF and was absolutely mad and I felt really awkward because I was so close that Mika looked at me a few times and I wasn't singing because I'm ill so I felt mega bad, hahaha.

Anyway, gonna start the video uploads then off to bed. Pictures are a quarter of the way through. Lots of nice, close, half naked, bejewelled photos of our dear boy. XD

many thanks! :flowers2: .... and I'm sorry you've had a few problems. :annoyed_h4h:

This show was just brilliant! My first first row ever as well:teehee: Mika started with Relax, then Big Girl, Stuck In The Middle and then he went on to new songs, Blame It On The Girls, Dr John, WAG, Rain. Sang Love Today, Happy Ending, Billy Brown, Grace Kelly and Lollipop as well (order is quite random). Lollipop was crazy - he was accompanied on stage with 3 drag queens who looked just fab (especially the one in violet leggins:naughty:) . Then we stage invaded - my first as well. It was just wild and brilliant - I have no idea even how I got on the stage - barrier was the same high as at iTunes but many people managed to. We jumped, danced and then run off backstage by mistake, where we weren't suppose to so we were quickly asked out by security:roftl:

After the gig Mika went out VERY quickly - after about 20 minutes. There were just about 10-15 of us already there and he just briefly signed autographs and went away. He looked very tired and no wonder - he was jumping and dancing madly throughout the show.

It was all so funny when he said that he's been coming to Popstarz every year but this year is the first time he's come with his mum:roftl:

Also he said Blame It On The Girls will be second single! And he made a mistake saying they'd play songs from his new album coming out next MONTH:shocked:

All in all it was a great show, sound was amazing, Mika's voice at its best, very expressive and artistic performance.

I want another gig!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry for this report being so random - it's almost 5 a.m. I'll try to write more sensibly when I get some sleep.

great report!

thank you ! :flowers2:

At the beginning of the show he commented his mask with something like: 'As you see catwoman sat on my face'. I'm not sure he said catwoman but the very idea of something sitting on his face was sooooo funny:biggrin2::naughty::roftl:

I thought he said Gandalf sat on my face but my mate reckons he said Gaga. Has anyone got a video? I wanna find out EXACTLY who sat on his face. :naughty:

My power lead just decided to randomly break in the night so Lollipop didn't upload but it's doing it now. Thank God my mum's got the same type of laptop as me, or I'd be raging.

Videos:

Lollipop will be up in about 40 minutes and I'll post the link after more sleep. :biggrin2:

Thanks for the vids, photos and reports everybody! I'm sorry to hear about the idiots in attendance. :sneaky2: Hopefully they will stay home next time.

Man, Mika looks and sounds great. He seems rather comfortable in bare skin these days. :naughty: Although, I cannot believe I'm posting this, I am mourning the loss of his chest hair. *sigh* It can grow back...

Hi,I'll just do a quick report now as I'd like to clarify a couple of points that I read, and give a different perspective to some things that have been said. I found that it was a really good gig, and really, it wasn't such a big deal.

I'll try not to repeat things that have already been said, but all in all we had a great day spending time with everyone, and to top it all up the gig at midnight.

We all made it to the front (by looking like total morons standing in front of the barrier for 3 full hours since they opened the doors to the club :biggrin2:), so we had a really good view. The stage is tiny there, and the barrier was really close to the stage, so all in all it was like being more or less on stage.To those who were there, it was a lot like NY but in a different shape (this one being longer and more rectangular in shape)

The crowd were quite into it (as you'd expect from the place, and from a midnight show where people had been drinking for hours), but in no way did I find this crowd any rowdier than many other gigs (Mika gigs included) that I've been to. Yes, there are always a couple of idiots, but that happens every time. Where I was today, I didn't see or experience any more pushing or any other unpleasant events than I have seen in the past.

Mika was REALLY loving it, you could see how happy he was to be there again, and how he enjoyed it. It's hard to explain, but if I had to recap it all, in a nutshell I'd say that he felt truly at home there. The fact that he started the gig saying that he'd been going to the Popstarz nights since he was 15 years old was an incredible 'confession' which I was very happy to hear. Really, it's all out there for anyone to see and come to their own conclusions, but IMO it's now in black and white. He's told us. And I really love the fact that he's done it, that he's so happy and confident that he finds that he can just be himself. I love him even more for this now.

Anyway, gigwise it was a bit shorter than a normal gig, but it was fantastic. The stage was very low, the place tiny and rocking, and Mika was loving the interaction with the audience. If I have to say one thing, it would be that I felt a bit like an intruder in a way-Like we (the 'regular hardcore' fans) weren't meant to be there, as this was his special night with his Popstarz boys. It just felt that way. Mika made a massive point of making tons of eye contact with the guys in the audience (it was 90 percent gay guys, obviously), and he kept touching their hands, etc...So, in a way, it felt like us (the fans who go everywhere) had infiltrated this gig when it was meant to be this little thing for them, in their own place, if that makes any sense?

In any case it was really viby and the whole place was rocking. We saw his family all looking on proudly, and Alexander was really getting into it just behind us. Andy was also around, and just in general everyone who's a regular at these gigs :roftl:.

Now the stage invasion. I may not be popular for saying this, but I think that the whole problem here stems from the fact that it was not meant to be a stage invasion. Mika usually beckons people to get on the stage 'en masse' when he wants them to invade.

Tonight he did not.

He personally picked a couple of guys and pulled them up by their hands. He didn't wave at us to get onto the stage. But after he'd pulled the two or three boys up, a couple of people (MFC'ers) jumped onto the stage, and then it was mayhem and a free for all, where some were trying to get his attention, hug him, etc... If these people hadn't gotten up there (when IMHO, it was clear that we weren't meant to go up), I think that things would have remained a lot more controlled and he would have just stayed there with the 3 guys that he had personally pulled up.

Anyway, what's done is done, but maybe we can take it into account for future gigs. Just read the signs. If he's not asking us to invade, let's not do it. Why do we have to randomly jump on stage? He makes it very clear when he wants people to do it by waving, so if he's not doing it and instead he's pulling individuals up, let's take the hint, I say.

About the people who sort of pulled him up off his feet, to be honest, it didn't really look that dangerous or like Mika was horrified. It was all very fast and they quickly put him down, so I don't know if it was really that big a deal. I think that it was just a matter of a lot of chaos on the stage at the same time and maybe it looked worse because of that? Of course I'm not Mika so I have no idea of how it felt for him, but this is how it looked from my perspective.

In my opinion, the fact of actually invading the stage was a lot worse. Anyway, it was a great gig despite this, and by no means any rowdier than others. It always just depends on where you are, as different people at the same gig have different experiences, but for me it was really good. The boys around us were very excited and it was very cute to see. Some of them had never seen him before and witnessing their amazement at him was really :wub2:

I thought he said Gandalf sat on my face but my mate reckons he said Gaga. Has anyone got a video? I wanna find out EXACTLY who sat on his face. :naughty:

It was DEFINATELY 'Gaga' who had been sitting on his face :blush-anim-cl:

Tooooooo tired to write a full review, got home at 4.00am and just leaving for work now but this gig was absolutely electric. His voice seems to get stronger every time we see him and his energy last night was off the scale.

Last night we were treated to the best live version of Happy Ending ever, hope it comes over as well on peoples videos as it did at the gig.....quite breathtaking!!

Just a mention about the stage invasion, I'm not in any way contradicting what Cazgirl has posted, just pointing out that sometimes from a different perspective things can appear very different. This is how I saw it....

Mika was picked up by about 8 people and held horizontaly with his head towards the crowd, it looked like he was going to be passed out into the crowd on his back (a kind of reverse crowd surf if you like) He was held like this for a few moments and I'm guessing he let them know he wasn't up for this so they immediately lifted him upright again. He was laughing and smiling throughout so although this had the potential to get out of hand he seemed quite happy with the situation and gave some of those who had lifted him a hug before he left the stage.....perhaps that's just me living in my 'HAPPY MIKA WORLD' and seeing the best in people.

However it happened though shouldn't detract from what was an incredible performance. It seems traditional now, even cliched, to say after every gig that he just gets better each time but it is also true, last nights gig was incredible.

Off to work now.....

Hi,I'll just do a quick report now as I'd like to clarify a couple of points that I read, and give a different perspective to some things that have been said. I found that it was a really good gig, and really, it wasn't such a big deal.

I'll try not to repeat things that have already been said, but all in all we had a great day spending time with everyone, and to top it all up the gig at midnight.

We all made it to the front (by looking like total morons standing in front of the barrier for 3 full hours since they opened the doors to the club :biggrin2:), so we had a really good view. The stage is tiny there, and the barrier was really close to the stage, so all in all it was like being more or less on stage.To those who were there, it was a lot like NY but in a different shape (this one being longer and more rectangular in shape)

The crowd were quite into it (as you'd expect from the place, and from a midnight show where people had been drinking for hours), but in no way did I find this crowd any rowdier than many other gigs (Mika gigs included) that I've been to. Yes, there are always a couple of idiots, but that happens every time. Where I was today, I didn't see or experience any more pushing or any other unpleasant events than I have seen in the past.

Mika was REALLY loving it, you could see how happy he was to be there again, and how he enjoyed it. It's hard to explain, but if I had to recap it all, in a nutshell I'd say that he felt truly at home there. The fact that he started the gig saying that he'd been going to the Popstarz nights since he was 15 years old was an incredible 'confession' which I was very happy to hear. Really, it's all out there for anyone to see and come to their own conclusions, but IMO it's now in black and white. He's told us. And I really love the fact that he's done it, that he's so happy and confident that he finds that he can just be himself. I love him even more for this now.

Anyway, gigwise it was a bit shorter than a normal gig, but it was fantastic. The stage was very low, the place tiny and rocking, and Mika was loving the interaction with the audience. If I have to say one thing, it would be that I felt a bit like an intruder in a way-Like we (the 'regular hardcore' fans) weren't meant to be there, as this was his special night with his Popstarz boys. It just felt that way. Mika made a massive point of making tons of eye contact with the guys in the audience (it was 90 percent gay guys, obviously), and he kept touching their hands, etc...So, in a way, it felt like us (the fans who go everywhere) had infiltrated this gig when it was meant to be this little thing for them, in their own place, if that makes any sense?

In any case it was really viby and the whole place was rocking. We saw his family all looking on proudly, and Alexander was really getting into it just behind us. Andy was also around, and just in general everyone who's a regular at these gigs :roftl:.

Now the stage invasion. I may not be popular for saying this, but I think that the whole problem here stems from the fact that it was not meant to be a stage invasion. Mika usually beckons people to get on the stage 'en masse' when he wants them to invade.

Tonight he did not.

He personally picked a couple of guys and pulled them up by their hands. He didn't wave at us to get onto the stage. But after he'd pulled the two or three boys up, a couple of people (MFC'ers) jumped onto the stage, and then it was mayhem and a free for all, where some were trying to get his attention, hug him, etc... If these people hadn't gotten up there (when IMHO, it was clear that we weren't meant to go up), I think that things would have remained a lot more controlled and he would have just stayed there with the 3 guys that he had personally pulled up.

Anyway, what's done is done, but maybe we can take it into account for future gigs. Just read the signs. If he's not asking us to invade, let's not do it. Why do we have to randomly jump on stage? He makes it very clear when he wants people to do it by waving, so if he's not doing it and instead he's pulling individuals up, let's take the hint, I say.

About the people who sort of pulled him up off his feet, to be honest, it didn't really look that dangerous or like Mika was horrified. It was all very fast and they quickly put him down, so I don't know if it was really that big a deal. I think that it was just a matter of a lot of chaos on the stage at the same time and maybe it looked worse because of that? Of course I'm not Mika so I have no idea of how it felt for him, but this is how it looked from my perspective.

In my opinion, the fact of actually invading the stage was a lot worse. Anyway, it was a great gig despite this, and by no means any rowdier than others. It always just depends on where you are, as different people at the same gig have different experiences, but for me it was really good. The boys around us were very excited and it was very cute to see. Some of them had never seen him before and witnessing their amazement at him was really :wub2:

Lots of food for thought in the whole thing Sari, but the bit I've bolded particularly struck me.

thx for the reports and pis, sara and everyone, esp. cheshire cat.

the gig sounds fab and the "extra bonus" "printed" a BIG smile on my face as well.. that was indeed a big gift to me too. 2 days late but VERY welcome, mr M :wub2:

:teehee:

avoca is an happy bunny :yay:

Tonight he did not.

Tonight he did not.

]

I agree with sariflor...

I know it wasn't a mystery ... at least not to me... but I do think it was his coming out gig... no doubt about it... even a blind dog can see the message he was trying to get across to his gay fans.. he was very much in his element and felt like he belonged there... really a very good gig...

Andy was there, he was standing next to me..

and I have uploaded the video with the fans onstage... I agree with sariflor again, I did not see anything out of the ordinary - he did not look uncomfortable... well, you watch it and be the judge...

- End of The concert (Grace Kelly + Lollipop and the stage with his fans)

I think it was a very intimate and almost a "thank you" gig to the gay community ... to his good old days when he used to go there himself as a teenager... it was a very special performance... I would even compare it to his performance in Beirut... :wub2:

The gig is not a regular one... it was in a gay nightclub.. and those who haven't been to a gay nightclub before might find the scene a little" different" ... I personally love the freedom, the attitude, the whole vibe...

Edited by cheshire cat

Thanks for the reports, pics and vids! He looks great!

Man, Mika looks and sounds great. He seems rather comfortable in bare skin these days. :naughty:Although, I cannot believe I'm posting this, I am mourning the loss of his chest hair. *sigh* It can grow back...

Me too :aah::wink2: