2009 - MIKA @ Popstarz Live @ The Scala, London 11-09 - REPORTS, PHOTOS, VIDS

Blue Sky

But if they hadn't had one, and considering how excited (and drunk) the crowd was, Mika would have found that the stage invasion started spontaneously during the first song :aah:.

:lmfao:

Gawd I'm getting scared for Toronto again. The people here are completely mental and if he tries a stage invasion with these massive barriers it's gonna be a nightmare :aah:

• Replies 693
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

awww bless. he does seem really happy doesn't he?:wub2:

i can't really see him with someone.... i mean, to me, he's like an innocent ( or not so innocent, as the case may be :naughty: ) child. but i can see him more with a male person than a female person , and hey, it doesn't bother me at all ! whatever makes him happy.

awww bless. he does seem really happy doesn't he?:wub2:

i can't really see him with someone.... i mean, to me, he's like an innocent ( or not so innocent, as the case may be :naughty: ) child. but i can see him more with a male person than a female person , and hey, it doesn't bother me at all ! whatever makes him happy.

Exactly same here though I think he's too focused on his career now and too excited about it and I have a feeling it makes him feel fulfilled at the moment.

I didn't take many pics, as so many people were taking them plus the photographers at the beginning, so I've chosen just this to publish here as it's quality is better than the others I took.

SDC11848.jpg

Next couple of days will be so entertaining here :roftl:

Oh they will:teehee:

P1010367.jpg

That looks so awesome!:wub2:

Though that one red glitterthing that's a bit above his mouth sorta looks like a pimple:teehee:

:naughty: Are they also all blind though? :lmfao: Because after he released the WAG video, to be honest, there shouldn't have been any doubts left in anyone's mind :roftl:

Exactly:naughty:I mean, c'mooon, it has been obvious since the start, but if you STILL couldn't see it after WAG..

He opened the door of his closet, waved hello, danced around and gave an outstanding performance that left everyone scream in extasy.. :mf_rosetinted:

Thanks for all the reports and pics, really glad you all had a wonderful time!

Edited by xlindee

Exactly same here though I think he's too focused on his career now and too excited about it and I have a feeling it makes him feel fulfilled at the moment.

I didn't take many pics, as so many people were taking them plus the photographers at the beginning, so I've chosen just this to publish here as it's quality is better than the others I took.

SDC11848.jpg

:wub2::wub2: im glad you injoyed it kasia :wink2:

SDC11848.jpg

What an amazing pic :mf_lustslow:

Hi, I have read the reports that are in so far but not the whole thread.

Here is mine:

I had a GREAT day. I had every intention of really enjoying the night. Although alcohol is by no means an essential in having a good time, last week in Blackpool, I was driving and unable to drink. Therefore, this time I was determined to just have a really good night. This being a nightclub gig, I felt it the perfect opportunity to do so. I am very definatetly of the opinion, expressed by Sariflor, that this gig was not for 'us'. It was for the regular, mostly gay, regular audience of Popstarzs. Therefore, in my opinion it was our place to be respectful of that and to a certain extent take a backseat. I think the fact that Mika pulled the guys up on stage at the end totally confirms this. However, this gig was advertised openly and I don't think that we were made to feel out of place at all. I certainly only had positive experiences. I loved the company and enjoyed the whole vibe of the place. Bab, Jemma, Sarah lou, Jules and Kevin and I were up on a balcony at the side. It was a great position. We had a really good view. The gig itself was incredible. WAG was fantastic. The first time he did it live, at itunes, the whole audience didn't know the words so there was only limited crowd participation. At Blackpool it was good but it was the acoustic version. So this was the first time I had heard it with the whole room screaming the words back. It is the perfect song for that to happen! As others have said, Happy Ending was just to die for.

Mika did indeed seem absolutly in his element. It is lovely to see him enjoying himself so much.

As Kevin says...from our view up on the balcony we maybe saw the 'Lollipop, Mika lifting' incident from a different perspective from those at stage level.

I was in Oslo in Nov 07 when Mika stage dived. Believe me, that was far scarier. I take the point that that was his choice rather than this which was thrust upon him. However, he didn't seem to be bothered by this (IMO).

All in all it was a fantastic night. I felt very priviledged to be there.

thank you, Kath! :flowers2:

Hi, I have read the reports that are in so far but not the whole thread.

Here is mine:

I had a GREAT day. I had every intention of really enjoying the night. Although alcohol is by no means an essential in having a good time, last week in Blackpool, I was driving and unable to drink. Therefore, this time I was determined to just have a really good night. This being a nightclub gig, I felt it the perfect opportunity to do so. I am very definatetly of the opinion, expressed by Sariflor, that this gig was not for 'us'. It was for the regular, mostly gay, regular audience of Popstarzs. Therefore, in my opinion it was our place to be respectful of that and to a certain extent take a backseat. I think the fact that Mika pulled the guys up on stage at the end totally confirms this. However, this gig was advertised openly and I don't think that we were made to feel out of place at all. I certainly only had positive experiences. I loved the company and enjoyed the whole vibe of the place. Bab, Jemma, Sarah lou, Jules and Kevin and I were up on a balcony at the side. It was a great position. We had a really good view. The gig itself was incredible. WAG was fantastic. The first time he did it live, at itunes, the whole audience didn't know the words so there was only limited crowd participation. At Blackpool it was good but it was the acoustic version. So this was the first time I had heard it with the whole room screaming the words back. It is the perfect song for that to happen! As others have said, Happy Ending was just to die for.

Mika did indeed seem absolutly in his element. It is lovely to see him enjoying himself so much.

As Kevin says...from our view up on the balcony we maybe saw the 'Lollipop, Mika lifting' incident from a different perspective from those at stage level.

I was in Oslo in Nov 07 when Mika stage dived. Believe me, that was far scarier. I take the point that that was his choice rather than this which was thrust upon him. However, he didn't seem to be bothered by this (IMO).

All in all it was a fantastic night. I felt very priviledged to be there.

If some of you knew this in advance, you should have explained it clearly. Because in Finland it is very usual that certain singers perform regularly at gay clubs. I have been there a few times. There has been always a regular audience, HC fans in the front row, and also people who are not gay or fan of performer, people just having fun with friends and interested in that kind of music. That is just very usual. This Scala gig was advertised as a surprise gig in a gay club. And if you knew in advance that Mika doesn't do "usual gay club gigs", that he is going to do a very special gig only for gays, it would have been a good idea to explain it to others? Maybe we all should have stayed at home?

I was cheerful after winning Blackpool tickets, but gave them away, so all UK fans could participate. I'm sure there were other foreign fans, just like foreign fans are going to German and other countries. It wasn't a big deal to not go to Blackpool. But yesterday, I really enjoyed the gig. He was really good, and I loved being there. Now I feel just like crying because people are judging fans being there. I tried to behave nicely there. I tried to stay in the queue, I tried to keep my camera very low (actually I had to do it, because he was so close). But now all this kind of discussion makes me feel I did something wrong, and I feel really bad about it. I should have sensed that he is going to come out of the closet at Scala, and he wants to share that evening only with gay people.

I have only slept less than hour after the gig so please excuse the way I participate in the discussion.

OMG and I laughed at Danika when she said that, at one point, she had Mika's pubes in her face :lmfao: Now I see what she meant :roftl

Plus: is that a hickey?

Totally agree with your post in general, and the bolded part is what I was trying to express earlier. I actually feel quite regretful about the fact that we 'invaded' the front like that.

LMAO:roftl::roftl: omg i think it is ... naughty boy :teehee:

Was this Mika's coming out? Well my second post on MFC back in early 2007 I contended that Mika was not in the closet and I still say he never has been. The truth has always been there for anyone to see.

Yes Vix you are right, we don't know the exact nature of Mika's sexuality and we can argue ad nauseam about labels and what they mean and how they can or can't be applied to Mika. But the reality is for 99% of the straight world, when they ask the question "Is Mika gay?" what they are really asking is "Has he ever kissed a boy and liked it?" If anyone still thinks the answer to that question is no when he spent his teenage years in gay clubs, they are in denial.

As usual Christine, you say it better than I could ever manage to do, even in my native language.:thumb_yello:

I'm VERY VERY VERY happy:biggrin2:

tiibet, don't worry about it so much... :huglove: i don't think they wanna judge you or anyone else for being there and being in front row at that gig, some of those who have this feeling were front row themselves. :wink2: i understand you that if so many people go on about it the way they do, it's hard not to feel judged for being front row and fully enjoying it. though i think they're just expressing their own feelings about it. i understood it wrong at first too what they wanted to say with it, and if i'd been there i'd also have been front row and probably wouldn't feel it was wrong in any way. :wink2:

tiibet, don't worry about it so much... :huglove: i don't think they wanna judge you or anyone else for being there and being in front row at that gig, some of those who have this feeling were front row themselves. :wink2: i understand you that if so many people go on about it the way they do, it's hard not to feel judged for being front row and fully enjoying it. though i think they're just expressing their own feelings about it. i understood it wrong at first too what they wanted to say with it, and if i'd been there i'd also have been front row and probably wouldn't feel it was wrong in any way. :wink2:

Aww, thanks Mellody :huglove: Just felt very sad. Almost deleted my vids. But I still have them.

Here is Dr John:

(Maybe still processing)

And here is Relax:

(be patient, the beginning is long :wink2:)

Aww, thanks Mellody :huglove: Just felt very sad. Almost deleted my vids. But I still have them.

Here is Dr John:

(Maybe still processing)

And here is Relax:

(be patient, the beginning is long :wink2:)

:wub2: :wub2: thanx for those! lol, i love it how your camera keeps adding even more glitter to the picture than there already is! :lmao: guess that's reflections from the silver foil on stage...

don't you ever dare NOT being front row, i love your pix and videos! :wub2::naughty:

If some of you knew this in advance, you should have explained it clearly.

I think if everyone had come to this conclusion in advance, no one would have been down at the front at all. :wink2:

If you enjoyed the gig there's nothing wrong with that. No one is judging you! Just enjoy. :thumb_yello:

from the bestival thread:

Cassiopee24@Rakpenguin63 already done? any makeup today?

Rakpenguin63@Cassiopee24 Yes, pretty much half his face in red and dark blue glittery make up, not sure I got a good pic of it though.

sounds like he has that stuff STILL in his face! :lmao::lmfao:

will let you know whether it's still there tomorrow in munich... :naughty:

If some of you knew this in advance, you should have explained it clearly. Because in Finland it is very usual that certain singers perform regularly at gay clubs. I have been there a few times. There has been always a regular audience, HC fans in the front row, and also people who are not gay or fan of performer, people just having fun with friends and interested in that kind of music. That is just very usual. This Scala gig was advertised as a surprise gig in a gay club. And if you knew in advance that Mika doesn't do "usual gay club gigs", that he is going to do a very special gig only for gays, it would have been a good idea to explain it to others? Maybe we all should have stayed at home?

I was cheerful after winning Blackpool tickets, but gave them away, so all UK fans could participate. I'm sure there were other foreign fans, just like foreign fans are going to German and other countries. It wasn't a big deal to not go to Blackpool. But yesterday, I really enjoyed the gig. He was really good, and I loved being there. Now I feel just like crying because people are judging fans being there. I tried to behave nicely there. I tried to stay in the queue, I tried to keep my camera very low (actually I had to do it, because he was so close). But now all this kind of discussion makes me feel I did something wrong, and I feel really bad about it. I should have sensed that he is going to come out of the closet at Scala, and he wants to share that evening only with gay people.

I have only slept less than hour after the gig so please excuse the way I participate in the discussion.

Don't feel guilty! :huglove: Nobody knew what the surprise was going to be! :thumb_yello:

We should hear from Perez soon! :biggrin2:

Tiibet, you are a very sensitive being and tend to take things very much to heart. Also, like me, you are functioning today on very little sleep which always tends to heighten emotions. I personally aren't judging anyone. I am simply expressing my opinion. I apreciate that culterally things are probably different between the UK and Finland but yes, some non gay performers do certainly perform in Gay clubs here too. However, I think you are a big enough Mika fan and follow the forum closely enough to know that for Mika, since he has been in the mainstream limelight this was a first. This is purely my own view but I was of the opinion form day one that this would be different and that in my opinion, it would be better, on this occasion, not to dominate the front row. I made my opinions perfectly clear yesterday, did not queue and just tried to view it as 'a night out' rather than a Mika gig.

I do appreciate your concern that you are not always up with what is going on because of the language difficulty. That said, as I have said before, you do have very good English.

You asked me on at least two occasions yesterday 'what was going on/was there any news etc' which I think indicates your sense of anxiety that you want to know what is happening and don't want to miss anything. I can understand that. I know that you are a huge fan and all you want is to have the best experience that you can.

I am sorry that you feel that people are judging you. I certainly aren't, just as I don't expect people to judge me for taking a back step yesterday. We are all individuals. But one thing is for sure.....whatever happens involving Mika, it will be discussed to the ends of the earth on here:shocked:

Gawd I'm getting scared for Toronto again. The people here are completely mental and if he tries a stage invasion with these massive barriers it's gonna be a nightmare :aah:

:shocked:

*pees self*

P.S I saw someone quote something sariflor said about mika's pubes, and I'm trying to find it, I LAUGHED SO HARD :lmao:

danika had his pubes in her face!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!? :aah:

I love this! You lot are crazy. :wub2:

Yes Caz it makes perfect sense. Welcome to the post-starstruck world. We've been waiting for you here. :naughty:

That sounds creepy lol :roftl::roftl:

It's okay. It's a nice place. But I think it's a dangerous place; once you're here, you're kinda stuck. People don't tend to fall off the Mika love train once they get here. :roftl:

About the whole "it felt like it wasn't for hardcore fans" thing - I assume that means more along the lines of the event and the space, rather than from Mika's perspective. As in, these guys do this Popstarz thing regularly, it's their "thing", and this time their "thing" included a handful of fangurls in their midst.

Because I can't imagine Mika felt anything remotely negative about MFCers being there; I would think he'd like the idea of his "diehards" being there among the throng of gay boys.

And I haven't heard about any of the Popstarz boys being rude or exclusionary, either.

So for me, it sounds like it wasn't because of anything someone said or did, but simply because this gig wasn't primarily for "us". I know that sometimes at regular gigs, it sort of feels like the gig is for MFCers; and it looks like at this gig, Mika's crowd of adoring gay boys came first, MFCers second. It wasn't "our" gig. And I'm thinking that may be what caused the "we shouldn't have been there, especially not front row" vibe. Regardless of whether Mika or any of the Popstarz boys actually felt that way.

Of course, that's just my interpretation, sitting here in my pajamas at 11am 7,000 km away. I'm sure someone will tell me if that interpretation is way off. :naughty:

I love this! You lot are crazy. :wub2:

It's okay. It's a nice place. But I think it's a dangerous place; once you're here, you're kinda stuck. People don't tend to fall off the Mika love train once they get here. :roftl:

About the whole "it felt like it wasn't for hardcore fans" thing - I assume that means more along the lines of the event and the space, rather than from Mika's perspective. As in, these guys do this Popstarz thing regularly, it's their "thing", and this time their "thing" included a handful of fangurls in their midst.

Because I can't imagine Mika felt anything remotely negative about MFCers being there; I would think he'd like the idea of his "diehards" being there among the throng of gay boys.

And I haven't heard about any of the Popstarz boys being rude or exclusionary, either.

So for me, it sounds like it wasn't because of anything someone said or did, but simply because this gig wasn't primarily for "us". I know that sometimes at regular gigs, it sort of feels like the gig is for MFCers; and it looks like at this gig, Mika's crowd of adoring gay boys came first, MFCers second. It wasn't "our" gig. And I'm thinking that may be what caused the "we shouldn't have been there, especially not front row" vibe. Regardless of whether Mika or any of the Popstarz boys actually felt that way.

Of course, that's just my interpretation, sitting here in my pajamas at 11am 7,000 km away. I'm sure someone will tell me if that interpretation is way off. :naughty:

I have no clue what's going on besides what linde told me, but this makes sense to me! :biggrin2:

However, I think you are a big enough Mika fan and follow the forum closely enough to know that for Mika, since he has been in the mainstream limelight this was a first. This is purely my own view but I was of the opinion form day one that this would be different and that in my opinion, it would be better, on this occasion, not to dominate the front row. I made my opinions perfectly clear yesterday, did not queue and just tried to view it as 'a night out' rather than a Mika gig.

I do appreciate your concern that you are not always up with what is going on because of the language difficulty. That said, as I have said before, you do have very good English.

I follow the forum closely and I didn't know it was his first gay club- I know lots of pop performers play them, and just assumed that he would have done so before at some point. I often hear people mention places he's been that I've never heard of- and enthusiastic researcher that I am, I certainly don't look them all up