2009 - MIKA @ Popstarz Live @ The Scala, London 11-09 - REPORTS, PHOTOS, VIDS

Blue Sky

Until january of this year, where the Popstarz is, was the mythic night club the End. And it wasn't a gay club.

interesting London history lesson :thumb_yello: So where did they have the popstarz nights before then? :mf_rosetinted:

• Replies 693
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm both sorry and furious to read this! These people can not be fans! They are stupid! I'm glad MFCers were there to protect our dear Mika!:blush-anim-cl:

calm down calm down... turns out it wasn't as bad as we first thought. he didn't get hurt & he wasn't upset. all is good! :thumb_yello:

Wow, lots of pages and discussion going on!

I've been home about 30 mins and needed that to catch up. Sadly I don't have any good pics or vids to add because I pretty much forgot about my camera once the gig had started and Viv was filming right next to me so decided I'd just steal her's later! Lol!

Two main things I want to contribute:

Stage invasion: I'm not a fan of stage invasions, never have been because I always end up getting squished! I think one day something is going to go wron and Mika or one of the fans are going to get hurt. But that isn't really the issue I want to talk about. From where I was standing, next to Sara, I think he did actually start the dive (with incouragement) himself, he didn't look alarmed until he started to fall a bit, it was the kind of "Oh ****" look you get when you realise you miss judged something. He was very quickly smiling and happy again.

Front row/feeling out of place: This is a tricky issue. I admit that yes, I did feel a bit guilty about being in the front row, and I did think several times about moving but I didn't for personnal reasons to do with my balance and my hearing. This was the first gig I have ever been to when I heard every word Mika said, I didn't have to rely on anyone else to tell me what he was saying in between songs, that for me was amazing. I know it doesn't sound like a big deal but trust me when you have hearing problems like I do it is.

Had I not had these issues, i probably would have moved up to the balcony, not that I'm saying anyone else should have done.

Really glad that you enjoyed your night. It was lovely to see you again.:thumb_yello: Hope the journey home wasn't too bad:shocked:

I am off now as tiredness has caught up...........Caz, thanks for the links...will watch tomorrow:wub2:

interesting London history lesson :thumb_yello: So where did they have the popstarz nights before then? :mf_rosetinted:

I don't know where before they have popstarz nights. I just know the club The End.

They don't usually hole Popstarz at La Scala anyway do they? They were "going back to our old home" for that one night...so it has previously been held there but isn't usually anymore...

I don't know where before they have popstarz nights. I just know the club The End.

They don't usually hole Popstarz at La Scala anyway do they? They were "going back to our old home" for that one night...so it has previously been held there but isn't usually anymore...

yes, I remember that .

Currently the Scala hosts MANY clubs - probably it was the same before...

( different club nights on different days of the week....)

some interesting piece of history for those who are interested:

"In the early 1990s London's popular Scala Film Club showed the film "A Clockwork Orange" without permission from Stanley Kubrick or Warner Brothers. At Kubrick's insistence Warners sued and won. As a result the Scala was almost bankrupt and closed in 1993, however, the club was re-opened in 1999. The cinema had been refitted, with the lower seating area incorporating the new stage, DJ booth and dancefloor, while the upper seating area incorporated a second room and a DJ booth."

(from wiki)