Blue Sky

• Replies 693
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've too many to upload but here is a link to my facebook folder

http://bit.ly/sHdcD

theres some absolutely amazing ones to be sure to have a look!

Thak you! Lovely pictures!:wub2:

... all agreed BUT with that story he might have made it more obvious for people who were not able to or willing to read 'the signs'.

I think this "speech" might actually mean something to our own forum life as at certain times some people were discouraged to refer to him as being or acting gay. Now I don't think anyone should shy away from such discussions.

Well said!:thumb_yello:

So maybe what is politically correct to say or not to say on MFC will change?!?:original:

Well some people in this thread seem to think so . :naughty:

Oh well if he didn't then I totally don't believe he is :sneaky2:

Now I have to start all over with my wedding plans damnit :aah: You're still not busy on the 14th of october 2015, right? :shocked:

I'm not gonna go into a huge thing here but I feel the need to say something.

I know as the MFC we pride ourselves on being respectful to Mika's wishes and what not but a gig is a gig. If you were going to see ANY OTHER ARTIST are you telling me you would say "Oh well it's in a football ground let the fotoball people at the front" or "It's in a gay bar let the gay people forward" everyone paid the same, everyone has a right to be theer and enjoy the evening to th best of their ability.

Mika ALWAYS pulls people on stage, nobody ever goes up until he starts pulling people, and once you set something like that in motion you can't really be select because a lot of people want to get up there with him not just MFC.

If Mika had a huge issue or wanted it just to be for scala regulars he wouldn't have made it so public to the MFC.

I think we have to remember, we are a fan club, not his personal group of best friends. Sometimes we all just read way too far into things.

In regards to the fall, from the videos he seems to be smiling enough, being on stage at the time I saw his face close up. He didn't know what was happening and when the guy tried to lift him up he was laughing his head off, when he started to go backwards his face dropped and he looked a bit kind of "oh Sh*t" but once he realised he was ok he got himself back up and started bopping about again.

Mika, I'm straight, I don't come out from closets, I get in them! If you decide to come out of any closet these days warn me up, i'm still cleaning The Naughty Corner's cobwebs and i can clean that damn closet too, dust and moth can damage your Louboutins, boy!

Signs and camp behaviour were part of the game. :wink2:

But as Sariflor said in her report: this was a confession gig, so things have definitely changed! :groupwave:

Like Babs said, that's an opinion, he didn't come out and say "i'm gay, i like shagging boys!"

Performers do perform according to their audience as well, you know. :wink2:

I don't want to make anyone feel bad about their choices for Friday night. As I have said, we are all individuals and we make our own decisions. However,

to me, this was always going to be the case. It was NOT a gig for MFC. Yes, we were made to feel welcome within the club which was great but as far as I was concernced it was as if we were guests. As Sparkly1 describes, Mika connected with the guys that were near the front and IMHO (and I know that I am not popular for expressing this view) the front rows should have been full of them. I pretty sure that that is what Mika would have wanted. I know that some people have said 'we didn't know' 'if someone had told me I wouldn't have done it' but basically people do what they want to do and don't nessersarily listen to reason. I did indeed express my opinion to some MFCers before the gig and was basically looked upon as if I had fallen off some allien planet.:wink2:

But whatever...................no harm was done.

Actually, if you are right and Mika really would have not wanted us there, I think much harm was done. Because it makes us look like we don't respect him and it must make him sad. And it makes me feel awful, because that is the last thing I want to do (I mean make him unhappy or think people don't respect him :shocked:).

Finding Mika and his music has had a HUGE impact on my life. I have found out that there is a way to be instantly happy however tired or sad I am. It's really difficult to describe. Also, after reading/listening to his interviews etc I have realized that even a person who is as talented and intelligent as Mika can be insecure. He has not always been sure about his success. He has made me think in a different way than I did earlier. That there are more possibilities in life for everyone! That is quite a gift or what, to have such on impact on people. Does he know that he has that kind of gift?

Yesterday I suddenly felt that all Mika happiness was taken away from me. I realized that I'm not a part of any group. It is very difficult to find your place in this fanclub. And it is very difficult to find your place in Mika-world. You need to be qualified to enjoy his music :aah: Oh, how I wish I wasn't this emotional person!

About this "gay night". He has always let people think he is a gay, it has not bothered him. And I thought that if there was something to be proved to the gay audience he had done it ages ago. This is his second album after all, and he is a star already. If he didn't want us to be at Scala, I think he should have told it. He knew many fans wanted to be there. This is all very confusing.

Vix, your facebook pictures are stunning and delightful. I was interupted before I finished commenting. But take it as read: I loved the whole album! :wub2:

yey thank you :) my camera takes some suprisingly good photos :D also in defence of the photo Mika took he nicked my camera whilst it was on zoom and macro mode - NOT designed for crowd photos!

Like Babs said, that's an opinion, he didn't come out and say "i'm gay, i like shagging boys!"

Posts like that should come with a warning!:shocked::roftl:

It's not like the thought has never crossed my mind, but when you put it like that, the sudden full on image that planted itself in my brain was a bit much. :naughty:

yeah definitely! like i said, more a 'igaveanotherhint-gig' than a 'coming-out-gig' :biggrin2:

Like Babs said, that's an opinion, he didn't come out and say "i'm gay, i like shagging boys!". :wink2:

No, of course, and obviously (as Bab said) what I posted was MY take on things,and I'm not saying that I'm a spokeswoman for either Mika or anyone else who was at the gig; It was just how I saw things, and I don't want the responsability of people now saying that he did so and so becase I said that he did it :roftl:.

I had my opinions about him and his orientation formed a looooong time ago, since the start, and they haven't changed. I was focusing on the outward signs by him being more open and say, bigger, now. I don't think that he ever hid anything; He just refused to answer the direct questions, which he will continue to do because he doesn't think (and rightfully so) that he needs to explain himself and his choices.

This is very different to hiding them though, and I still think that the more popular and established he gets, he's being more relaxed (in a public way) with what he lets us see. It was always there to see but it's sort of more obvious now, far more.

... all agreed BUT with that story he might have made it more obvious for people who were not able to or willing to read 'the signs'.

I think this "speech" might actually mean something to our own forum life as at certain times some people were discouraged to refer to him as being or acting gay. Now I don't think anyone should shy away from such discussions.

Exactly what I was trying to say, Suzie :thumb_yello:.

I don't give a flying feck (never have) whether he likes girls, boys or both. I'm not going to be his lover so it doesn't matter to me. But I like the fact that he's not bothered about what people think or know, and that he says and does what he wants to, instead of covering things up like some feel the need to do.

On another order of things, I'm feeling pretty rotten about being at the front on Friday now. I just got the feeling/thought of it too late :aah:. And, again, I'm not trying to make anyone feel bad by saying this. Just expressing my feelings about it.

I hate imposing myself to anyone in general, which is why I never go and 'attack' Mika by chasing him and being in his face unless there's a very organised and clearly set-up 'meeting' line or something along those lines, because I feel bad if I go and mob him, and this is why I feel bad if I think that I may have imposed myself in some way on Friday by being at the front for this gig.

I'm not gonna go into a huge thing here but I feel the need to say something.

I know as the MFC we pride ourselves on being respectful to Mika's wishes and what not but a gig is a gig. If you were going to see ANY OTHER ARTIST are you telling me you would say "Oh well it's in a football ground let the fotoball people at the front" or "It's in a gay bar let the gay people forward" everyone paid the same, everyone has a right to be theer and enjoy the evening to th best of their ability.

Mika ALWAYS pulls people on stage, nobody ever goes up until he starts pulling people, and once you set something like that in motion you can't really be select because a lot of people want to get up there with him not just MFC.

If Mika had a huge issue or wanted it just to be for scala regulars he wouldn't have made it so public to the MFC.

I think we have to remember, we are a fan club, not his personal group of best friends. Sometimes we all just read way too far into things.

In regards to the fall, from the videos he seems to be smiling enough, being on stage at the time I saw his face close up. He didn't know what was happening and when the guy tried to lift him up he was laughing his head off, when he started to go backwards his face dropped and he looked a bit kind of "oh Sh*t" but once he realised he was ok he got himself back up and started bopping about again.

Hi Vix, just a quick comment on the stage topic. The point to be taken into account here is that IMO we should listen to what he's asking (body language wise). When he wants everyone on stage he makes it clear by waving us and just motioning people. It's very clear to see when you go to his gigs or watch the vids, how he's just going up and down motioning and beckoning people to go up.

On Friday he wasn't doing that, he specifially avoided doing it and chose to pull some people's hands instead. He even went for that guy that he'd been singing for/eyeing up all night, so it was clearly not a 'random selection'.

This is why I think that he did NOT want everyone up there (mind you, there wasn't enough room) and that he just wanted a couple of people who he had chosen. If everyone had decided to jump up it would have been chaos, and as you saw the stage was so tiny that it would have been even dangerous. The roadies panickedly came out and started hovering around the keyboard "protecting" it, because of what I can only assume was worry that someone would harm it.

So, to recap, yes, stage invading is fine, but we need to read the (in this case, obvious) signs. Mika didn't want everyone and anyone on stage this time, he wanted to pick a couple. And he did. So we should respect that and not just invite ourselves if you know what I mean :naughty:.

Re the "fall", I agree with you. I didn't get the vibe that he was really scared or that things got out of control either. It all happened very fast and therefore maybe it looked a bit more dangerous than it actually was. I've seen far worse "falls" from Katy Perry getting totally submerged in the audience at her gigs, and that isn't even hard core stuff :roftl:

I hate imposing myself to anyone in general, which is why I never go and 'attack' Mika by chasing him and being in his face unless there's a very organised and clearly set-up 'meeting' line or something along those lines, because I feel bad if I go and mob him, and this is why I feel bad if I think that I may have imposed myself in some way on Friday by being at the front for this gig.

Being in front row is not imposing yourself. :biggrin2:

Actually, if you are right and Mika really would have not wanted us there, I think much harm was done. Because it makes us look like we don't respect him and it must make him sad. And it makes me feel awful, because that is the last thing I want to do (I mean make him unhappy or think people don't respect him :shocked:).

Finding Mika and his music has had a HUGE impact on my life. I have found out that there is a way to be instantly happy however tired or sad I am. It's really difficult to describe. Also, after reading/listening to his interviews etc I have realized that even a person who is as talented and intelligent as Mika can be insecure. He has not always been sure about his success. He has made me think in a different way than I did earlier. That there are more possibilities in life for everyone! That is quite a gift or what, to have such on impact on people. Does he know that he has that kind of gift?

Yesterday I suddenly felt that all Mika happiness was taken away from me. I realized that I'm not a part of any group. It is very difficult to find your place in this fanclub. And it is very difficult to find your place in Mika-world. You need to be qualified to enjoy his music :aah: Oh, how I wish I wasn't this emotional person!

About this "gay night". He has always let people think he is a gay, it has not bothered him. And I thought that if there was something to be proved to the gay audience he had done it ages ago. This is his second album after all, and he is a star already. If he didn't want us to be at Scala, I think he should have told it. He knew many fans wanted to be there. This is all very confusing.

I don't think Mika didn't want and MFCers there. He tweeted about the gig several times, said how he was looking forward to it and that he'd planned something special. He even tweeted that even though Popstarz had sold out, there would be some tickets available on the night.

I don't think he would have tweeted all that info, if he only wanted the gay community there. I think he was probably happy to see the MFCers there, but just chose, whom he chose, to go up on stage.

I suppose it's been a learning curve, and in future, as others have said, the fans will watch for signs that he wants them up there.

Mika, I'm straight, I don't come out from closets, I get in them! If you decide to come out of any closet these days warn me up, i'm still cleaning The Naughty Corner's cobwebs and i can clean that damn closet too, dust and moth can damage your Louboutins, boy!

love the way you have just mentioned this :thumb_yello:

Just wanted to thank everyone for the AWESOME photos / videos and I for one am very happy that MFC'ers were front row or we wouldn't have such wonderful stuff to look at as a reminder of a brilliant night :thumb_yello:

Sariflor's first report summed it up for me, and many of her comments since (you have a :fangurl: lol)

I agree about the stage invasion, from back in the balcony MIKA was 'hand picking' those who he wanted to join him and it did appear that he just wanted a couple of guys up there (only my opinion of course :wink2:) I loved the whole experience / vibe though - wonderful evening, so glad we went.

MIKA is back on top form and can't wait to see him on tour :boing: