2009 - MIKA @ Popstarz Live @ The Scala, London 11-09 - REPORTS, PHOTOS, VIDS

Blue Sky

:roftl:

Did I miss his coming out or something? :dunno:

Thanks for the report :)

:roftl:

That's what I was thinking...:teehee:

Oh, and thanks for the report, Cheshire Cat!

Well, from day one he left it up to his fans to interpret things anyway they want...

he was never too shy with his lyrics, friends, opinions...

:wink2:

but he never answered any questions that are too personal directly...

• Replies 693
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Report:

I did not arrive very early.. as I have planned to meet my friends first in Soho...

by the time I reached there it was past 10:30 pm... I went to the VIP area (not knowing it was the VIP area) - stood there and mingled with the crowd (there was no security)....

by the time we realized this is te VIP area - we moved gracefully to the back of the room - where we could have a great view without being touched and pushed by anyone... it was a great location - and it was also on the same level as the stage

everyone was friendly... the overall crowd was young - obviously mostly gay.. which was great...

Mika was topless from beginning to end.. I think he enjoyed it - as he looked very comfortable

Music was great... the sound system was good...

he looked happy and very much in his element... and several times very reminiscent of his teenage years when he used to go to this gay club and wait for someone to buy him a drink or dance in the lower level dance floor - it seems this club meant a lot to him and brought back lots of good

memories...

I met several MFC people - but did not stand with them ad I was with a friend...

the overall atmosphere was great.. very friendly...

at the end - some of his fans did come up to the stage - and a couple of guys kissed and hugged him - but no big deal really...

Mika was high fiving a lot of the male fans front row and he even took one of the fans' camera and started taking pictures in one of the songs while performing...

:thumb_yello:

Thank you so much for the report:thumb_yello:

The question I asked in my post before yours has just been answered:wink2:

:thumb_yello::thumb_yello::thumb_yello: for MIIKA

Well, from day one he left it up to his fans to interpret things anyway they want...

he was never too shy with his lyrics, friends, opinions...

:wink2:

but he never answered any questions that are too personal directly...

Okay. Just making sure I didn't miss some official announcement or something :naughty:

Hardly a surprise. :roftl:

The surprise was the colour of his boxers tonight : not grey but white. That's news !

You'd be surprised to see how many it would be a surprise to :naughty:

Nah they've been white for a while, can't be that either, :dunno:

Am uploading on youtube the last two encore songs he sang when the crowd joined on stage...

it is 200MB.. so it will take sometime to upload...

In the meantime, I will go to bed... the computer should be Okay without me monitoring it...

:thumb_yello:

Thanks! Sleep well :flowers2:

Pictures are uploading now and you can see them here when they're finished.

I've got videos of Rain, WAG and Lollipop (with the surprise! whoop!) and I'll leave them uploading overnight but they'll be here once they're done.

Gig was fab, loved the tiny venue and being so close, but some of the people there had no respect for anyone else. I was continually used as a leaning post by one guy (not just brushing against every now and then, actually he was resting all his weight on my back and if I moved to the side he'd go with me as though he was glued to me) and I'd asked nicely for him to stop. Also got constantly battered by thrusting guys (it's actually not as funny as it sounds) and two guys behind us were doing things that best not be mentioned and then their hands ended up on our shoulders which grossed us out completely. BUT apart from that rant, it was mega good. Love Today went OFF and was absolutely mad and I felt really awkward because I was so close that Mika looked at me a few times and I wasn't singing because I'm ill so I felt mega bad, hahaha.

Anyway, gonna start the video uploads then off to bed. Pictures are a quarter of the way through. Lots of nice, close, half naked, bejewelled photos of our dear boy. XD

Pictures are uploading now and you can see them here when they're finished.

I've got videos of Rain, WAG and Lollipop (with the surprise! whoop!) and I'll leave them uploading overnight but they'll be here once they're done.

Gig was fab, loved the tiny venue and being so close, but some of the people there had no respect for anyone else. I was continually used as a leaning post by one guy (not just brushing against every now and then, actually he was resting all his weight on my back and if I moved to the side he'd go with me as though he was glued to me) and I'd asked nicely for him to stop. Also got constantly battered by thrusting guys (it's actually not as funny as it sounds) and two guys behind us were doing things that best not be mentioned and then their hands ended up on our shoulders which grossed us out completely. BUT apart from that rant, it was mega good. Love Today went OFF and was absolutely mad and I felt really awkward because I was so close that Mika looked at me a few times and I wasn't singing because I'm ill so I felt mega bad, hahaha.

Anyway, gonna start the video uploads then off to bed. Pictures are a quarter of the way through. Lots of nice, close, half naked, bejewelled photos of our dear boy. XD

Sorry you had to deal with such assholes :thumbdown:

What was the surprise? :aah:

Too tired to fully report now, and this gig really does require a full report.

Basics: front row, slightly to the right. Very high energy gig, manic would be a good word. Stage invasion/crowd issues. Very brief M&G. Sexy sweaty shirtless. Jeweled face. Sore feet.

Camera he used was Vix's (Bumblebee).

That all for now.

when the videos are done uploading - they will be under this address

http://www.youtube.com/user/cheshirecat76

I was lucky that I did not stand front row.. I guess those who did got the usual pushy treatment... :boxed:

I was standing at the back - so everyone around me was civilized and was not pushed - in fact managed to drink, dance, sing, take videos and chit chat all at the same time... :naughty:

as for the public display of affection... I am used to gay clubs and bars... it is quiet normal... that's why the crowd was 18+

Too tired to fully report now, and this gig really does require a full report.

Basics: front row, slightly to the right. Very high energy gig, manic would be a good word. Stage invasion/crowd issues. Very brief M&G. Sexy sweaty shirtless. Jeweled face. Sore feet.

Camera he used was Vix's (Bumblebee).

That all for now.

That's awesome! :punk: