Thank you very much to sprk, the interviewer himself!:thumb_yello:

-------------------

I’m sure you’re tired of being asked about this, but I really do have to ask: now that you’re an established artist, you’ve sold out huge concerts and your records have sold incredibly well, does that make you more comfortable to address all those rumors about your presumed homosexuality?

‘My presumed homosexuality, I love how you say that… [laughs]’

Well, I’m trying to be careful here! I wouldn’t want to piss you off.

‘Nothing like this would ever piss me off, and why would it? It’s not a bad thing in any way whatsoever. And as far as discussing sexuality and gender: listen to my songs. It’s everywhere. Sexuality has kind of themed this record, if you have to think about it that way. That’s part of growing up. I mean, I’ve never ever labeled myself. But having said that; I’ve never limited my life, I’ve never limited who I sleep with. So, whatever. Even if I was going out with a man right now, I still wouldn’t tell you. And I wouldn’t tell anyone. I mean, I would tell you though, as my friend, but not as a journalist, you know what I mean? So, I don’t know. Call me whatever you want. Call me bisexual, if you need a term for me.’

The thing is, wouldn’t you agree that, as a young person in the industry, with lots of young fans who look up to you, and lots of people who respect you for what you do, someone like you might be the perfect role model for a teenage kid who is in the closet?

‘Well, look at the 14-year-old kids that are making their own videos to my song, the 12- and 13-year-old guys dancing around in their room… There are ways of being a role model without having to always establish yourself with a label. Let’s say if you’re a 16-year-old guy, and you’re not sure about your sexuality, you should be as free as you want. You shouldn’t have to say ‘I’m gonna label myself in order to figure out what is going to make me happy in life’. Having a role model who makes you feel like it’s allright to do whatever you want, without the pressure of a label, I think that’s a good thing as well. I think there’s a million different ways to do it, there isn’t only one. And I hope I’m right. That’s the key to it. You don’t have to pigeonhole yourself all the time. You shouldn’t stick yourself into any kind of constraints or limitations at all. And seriously, if ‘bi’ is the label that helps you do it, then do that, as I said already. Apply that to me, if that’s what you want. That’s as close as I’ll get to any label.’

Edited by Droopsy

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking (shouldn't do that too often:naughty:) maybe someone (mod perhaps) could mail&ask Gay&Night mag. for a stack of the sept. edition for the MFC....

Well I don't know, but I got this déjà vu feeling when I saw the name: gay&night. I think I remember one of the creators of that magazine, once posted a pdf version of it once, when Mika was in it... This was early 2007 I think... But I'm not sure, could have been another one as well. It was a gay mag and Dutch as well.

I KNEW IT! :teehee:

I was so afraid of what I will do on the day I will find out THE answer. now I'm a bit like: :pbjt:

By the way...I just texted today ruxi and told her how f***ing blind we are. From day 1 the answer was right in front of our eyes: "I tried to be like GK,...so I tried the little Freddie" got it? :wink2:

And there are other signs too...I think I'll get my PHD in this because I have had this feeling for quite a while now and really found too many clues that were right here and we couldn't see. :lol3:

Edited by B!anka

'Mika's partially coming out of the closet. At least, the successful, flamboyant singer acknowledges in an interview in the magazine 'Gay & Night' (which is out on Thursday) that he is bisexual. 'You can call me that if you really insist to put a label on me in order to describe me.'' '

I suggest people read that more carefully and consider his words. He is not saying "I AM BISEXUAL". He may be hinting, or playing with words, or something else :dunno:, but it's not in black and white.

But even so.....:teehee:

'Mika's partially coming out of the closet. At least, the successful, flamboyant singer acknowledges in an interview in the magazine 'Gay & Night' (which is out on Thursday) that he is bisexual. 'You can call me that if you really insist to put a label on me in order to describe me.'' '

I suggest people read that more carefully and consider his words. He is not saying "I AM BISEXUAL". He may be hinting, or playing with words, or something else :dunno:, but it's not in black and white.

Good point...

The funny thing is, no one would even care if he said it... TBH, some of us might even find it very hot if he did :das:

Same here Bianca... It was obvious to me... and I'm a little :pbjt: myself

Let's keep on doing the :pbjt: dance, girl!

Your siggie just reminded me! :doh: the new Heroes season started last night! Have to look for the first episode somewhere.

You know what I don't understand? His problem with the label. It has to be something that could define his orientation. :huh:

Anyway this is quite clear. I mean he sometimes is very very manly like and sometimes he can seem to be quite the opposite. It's odd, but Mika darling, we won't label you! Just be whatever you want to be and whatever that might be, it has only one name: Mika (aka Michael Holbrook Penniman if you want the full thing :naughty: )

Good point...

The funny thing is, no one would even care if he said it... TBH, some of us might even find it very hot if he did :das:

Unfortunately they would care.

Mika would always be written up as the "gay/bisexual" British Pop Star.

Mika is a big boy & can do/say what he likes.

But I wish "they" would knock it off with these questions & I wish Mika would keep trying to leave it out of the equation.

I personally don't care about his sexuality.

Mika is a brilliant musical artist.

I also think he is a good & kind person as well.

What else is there that could be important??

Right now: I just want to continue celebrating TBWKTM!!:thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

What a Amazing album!!

I never restricted myself in terms of whom I could share the bed with.

I think this might be best describes as pansexual really... but yay mika for "coming out" On the one hand i was one of the people who said no one should be pressured into coming out if they dont want to... it isn't really relevant to his music. But each openly gay celebrity increases the acceptability of LGBT slightly. I have also had a problem with the inequality of having to "come out" yeah like "mum, dad I have something to tell you... I'm straight... I'm sorry but theres this (insert opposite sex)...." just wouldn't happen. I dont come out anymore... when discussing relationships with new people if it comes up I'll just use the approprate pronouns "my girlfriend," "I have a date... I think its will go well... shes really cool" etc... in the same way that anyone would. Making a big thing of it just encourages negative attention

I'll quit rambling now

Edited by Kabloomybuzz