Mika in Nice, France at Palais Nikaia

Christine

Hmmmm interesting on the Q , the couple I was involved with .. people got numbers based on when they arrived ..

Great for the MFC i must say , we should look after our fans and ok there is a french fan club etc .. BUT MFC is offical .. tis a fact :thumb_yello:

Very hard to have a Q and give numbers only to MFCers though .. makes it kinda complicated

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i just want to add something: at Marseille , john saw me , and introduced me to the french manager.this man was OK for 100 ppl on a special list ( i had already done it ) but he asked me if they were belonging to the official fan club!

i answered yes of course even if i didn't know some of them , because they had arrived at 9 and me and MFC/MWs members arrived later.

The list was made as usual, fist arrived , first served, i went myself to invite ppl waiting at different entrances to come to me and tell me at what time they arrived and we managed to do a list .

Basically this is what has been happening on this tour.

They call the priority queue the MFC queue but in reality it has been anyone who turned up early enough, going by the numbers they got at the time they turned up, MFC member or not.

I also think we should hold our judgement until we can speak to people who are actually there.

This wouldn't be the first time that people online got hold of the wrong end of the stick and made a huge drama out of it.

Great for the MFC i must say , we should look after our fans and ok there is a french fan club etc .. BUT MFC is offical .. tis a fact :thumb_yello:

Very hard to have a Q and give numbers only to MFCers though .. makes it kinda complicated

I agree on the fact in the official fanclub and all, we all know that, we all know that being on another board that isn't the mfc doesn't mean we're on the official fan club, there's only one official board.

Thing is that not every single person here have something to prouve that this person is on the mfc apart from giving its nickname, and I think that anyone can agree on the fact that it's not the easiest way to proceed :boxed:. We don't all have a mfc badge so asking for it is not fair. It always have been first arrived, first served, why shall we change it. As babspanki just posted, "They call the priority queue the MFC queue but in reality it has been anyone who turned up early enough, going by the numbers they got at the time they turned up, MFC member or not."

Edited by slavaniet

They call the priority queue the MFC queue but in reality it has been anyone who turned up early enough, going by the numbers they got at the time they turned up, MFC member or not.

I also think we should hold our judgement until we can speak to people who are actually there.

This wouldn't be the first time that people online got hold of the wrong end of the stick and made a huge drama out of it.

Yes, at several places there has been a sign "MFC" for the numbered queue, but numbers have always been given to everyone (on MFC or not). I have given numbers a few times, and I have always told people about the MFC and given the address and said they are welcome to join/find more information about Mika etc. In some countries (like in Scandinavia) people were really interested to hear about the MFC and happy to get their number.

And yes, better to wait for information from people who actually were there...

Thing is that not every single person here have something to prouve that this person is on the mfc apart from giving its nickname, and I think that anyone can agree on the fact that it's not the easiest way to proceed :boxed:.

Yes as I mentioned earlier I don't even bring proof to these gigs. This sounds like a misunderstanding with the Universal rep and all we can do is try to clear it up and prevent it from happening in the future.

Even if there was some kind of priority access set aside for MFC we would want everyone to be aware of it and be prepared going into the gigs.

I remember one girl at Hammersmith was very annoyed because she said she was a member of the Fan Club and didn't get told any of this, so didn't get to go in early. Though TBH, I didn't even know who the hell she was and never introduced herself before hand, so how are we supposed to help people if they don't speak up? Unless she was just pretending to be part of the fanclub to get in early...:blink:

I remember one girl at Hammersmith was very annoyed because she said she was a member of the Fan Club and didn't get told any of this, so didn't get to go in early. Though TBH, I didn't even know who the hell she was and never introduced herself before hand, so how are we supposed to help people if they don't speak up? Unless she was just pretending to be part of the fanclub to get in early...:blink:

In Hammersmith it was exactly the same. The people who turned up early and got a number, went it early. MFC or not.

Can I just interrupt with a live report from the show?

Robi has called me and I just heard Ida sing her opera bit and I'm now

listening to an amazing version of Good Gone Girl. :wub2::wub2::wub2:

Can I just interrupt with a live report from the show?

Robi has called me and I just heard Ida sing her opera bit and I'm now

listening to an amazing version of Good Gone Girl. :wub2::wub2::wub2:

Thank you, Deb...:thumb_yello:

Hope he does GGG and OFB in Lisbon, too...:mf_lustslow:

In Hammersmith it was exactly the same. The people who turned up early and got a number, went it early. MFC or not.

Yes exactly, which I think is fair to be honest. We might be a fan club but we're not better than other fans...it's nice that the fan club is noticed and that we get little perks, but I did feel a bit guilty being in the same queue as some people but the people who got there before me who had no numbers had to stay outside :aah:

Yes, very definitely, we need to get a clearer picture of what went on before

we can determine what to do. :thumb_yello:

Thank you, Deb...:thumb_yello:

Hope he does GGG and OFB in Lisbon, too...:mf_lustslow:

Oh, I so hope he adds OFB back to the set list when (if?) he comes back

to the states, too! OK, I better stop now before I get all :fangurl: again.

:naughty:

I hope he'll still add it now!!! Pleeeaaasssseeee :tears:

Yes exactly, which I think is fair to be honest. We might be a fan club but we're not better than other fans...it's nice that the fan club is noticed and that we get little perks, but I did feel a bit guilty being in the same queue as some people but the people who got there before me who had no numbers had to stay outside :aah:

Well some people refused numbers as I recall.

Well, iMMa said they're working on a song didn't she...:boing:

"Mika comes in - we're doing a new song!!...

Exciting...

I am writing this as I listen to him rehearsing with a guest...

I say no more..."

Well some people refused numbers as I recall.

Oh, well that's their fault then LOLZ.

Edited by CazGirl

Right on Caz!:thumb_yello:

Just because a person might be a member of the MFC doesn't make them a better Mika fan!!

That is so ridiculous!

Well, iMMa said they're working on a song didn't she...:boing:

"Mika comes in - we're doing a new song!!...

Exciting...

I am writing this as I listen to him rehearsing with a guest...

I say no more..."

The new song was "La Solitude" by Barbara that he sung yesterday night... Imma wrote it yesterday in response to a comment from a girl on facebook :wink2:

NinonAndCo: @mikasounds GÉNIAL LE CONCERT DE NICE ! POUR UNE FÊTE DU TRAVAIL, YOU ARE GOLDEN ! <3

ange01: @MikaFanClub just seen @mikasounds in Nice. 9th show seen and now in my top 2. Paris parc du Prince still no. 1. With popstarz at no.3 xxxx

ange01: @mikasounds amazing show tonight in Nice. You were all so on it !! Loved the atmosphere even if I can't understand French! thanks again xx

It's a rainy day so I read everything about the queueing drama both here and on mikawebsite. I'm really sorry for everyone who felt screwed by that strange reorganisation everyone is talking about. I haven't attended so many gigs since the number system was established, but at those I did attend there was absolutely no difference made between people with and without any sort of fan forum membership. I'm having difficulty to believe some of the things that apparently have been said during and after that reorganisation. And I don't want to imply that these things were made up by the French fans. I just can't think of many MFCers I met who might approve of what happened there and seriously ask families who arrived together and got numbers, to split up in the queue. It just seems bizarre and not what MFC wants to stand for.

However, I hope that it was all caused by a huge misunderstanding, that it will get sorted for the future and that it won't drive a(nother) wedge in between MFC and the French fans. Which is so stupid, really. There shouldn't be such competition.