Mika in Nice, France at Palais Nikaia

Christine

Just to add my two cents: I didn't do anything wrong, and I refuse to have to defend myself against ridiculous accusations.

Those who know me, know that I wouldn't be mean and unfair. Those who don't, well, they can think as they prefer. I really won't qualify any outlandish accusations with a justification. If people feel better by attacking me, then they can have a blast. Whatever floats their boat :thumb_yello:.

I have a very clear conscience and won't entertain the subject further.

All I did was attend a gig, for which I queued from 7 am, and that I didn't even end up watching from front row as I went in to be a BG (which I had planned beforehand, but still wanted to queue as backup because if I wasn't picked to be a BG I wanted to assure a good spot)

My friends were with me, queuing early. We didn't decide or organise anything. All we did was mind our own business, and for that it seems that some of us get chastisised :dunno:

Maybe I should just refrain from every trying to help anyone when they ask me to get involved in things, because it seems like I always end up getting some sort of flack for it by misinformed people, just because some people "know my face" and therefore always choose to assume that I am involved in stuff, even when I am not.

Again, just more ridiculous accusations, but I've read so many crazy things about yesterday which apparently I supposedly did or said, that it's sounding like a bad soap opera :roftl:. If people want to make up crap, then they can fend with their own consciences. I have nothing to be ashamed of, and nothing to prove.

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to add my two cents: I didn't do anything wrong, and I refuse to have to defend myself against ridiculous accusations.

Those who know me, know that I wouldn't be mean and unfair. Those who don't, well, they can think as they prefer. I really won't qualify any outlandish accusations with a justification. If people feel better by attacking me, then they can have a blast. Whatever floats their boat :thumb_yello:.

All I did was attend a gig, for which I queued from 7 am, and that I didn't even end up watching from front row as I went in to be a BG (which I had planned beforehand, but still wanted to queue as backup because if I wasn't picked to be a BG I wanted to assure a good spot)

My friends were with me, queuing early. We didn't decide or organise anything. All we did was mind our own business, and for that it seems that some of us get chastisised :dunno:

Maybe I should just refrain from every trying to help anyone when they ask me to get involved in things, because it seems like I always end up getting some sort of flack for it by misinformed people, just because some people "know my face" and therefore always choose to assume that I am involved in stuff, even when I am not.

Again, just more ridiculous accusations, but I've read so many crazy things about yesterday which apparently I supposedly did or said, that it's sounding like a bad soap opera :roftl:. If people want to make up crap, then they can fend with their own consciences. I have nothing to be ashamed of, and nothing to prove.

Well it's hardly surprising really. Par for the course, people seem to think we are all sitting targets when mostly we mind our own business.

You are right in what you say, just let it go over your head, if others want to bitch, speculate and make up stories, they can knock themselves out. The people who really matter, know better.

I wish people wouldn't jump to conclusions and make 2+2= 5.

Sari- you should be coming back reporting on what an awesome time you had- I love reading your reports- you shouldn't have to defend yourself.

This is supposed to be a report thread not a bashing thread.

Well it's hardly surprising really. Par for the course, people seem to think we are all sitting targets when mostly we mind our own business.

You are right in what you say, just let it go over your head, if others want to bitch, speculate and make up stories, they can knock themselves out. The people who really matter, know better.

And people wonder why we keep things to ourselves sometimes :dunno:

It's a rainy day so I read everything about the queueing drama both here and on mikawebsite. I'm really sorry for everyone who felt screwed by that strange reorganisation everyone is talking about. I haven't attended so many gigs since the number system was established, but at those I did attend there was absolutely no difference made between people with and without any sort of fan forum membership. I'm having difficulty to believe some of the things that apparently have been said during and after that reorganisation. And I don't want to imply that these things were made up by the French fans. I just can't think of many MFCers I met who might approve of what happened there and seriously ask families who arrived together and got numbers, to split up in the queue. It just seems bizarre and not what MFC wants to stand for.

However, I hope that it was all caused by a huge misunderstanding, that it will get sorted for the future and that it won't drive a(nother) wedge in between MFC and the French fans. Which is so stupid, really. There shouldn't be such competition.

+ 1

You're totally right and everything went really good on all french gigs with everybody :thumb_yello:

Thanks for your explanations Sara :wink2:

I'll add my two cents then as well, if it helps clear up all this controversy about the queuing system.

In the morning there were about 50 people there and a numbers list had been started. Mika's people and the promoter said there should be two lists, one for MFCers and one with the other people who'd got there early - up to a maximum of 100 people.

MFCers got #1-12. Other early arrivals got #13-100.

At least three MFCers were BG/LG for that just left nine of us.

The venue was very wide. The front row must have held AT LEAST 100 people. Therefore ALL the numbered people got front row.

Any MFCers who turned up after the 100 names on the list were not prioritised. No-one let them queue-jump, and they were sent to queue in the general queue along with everyone else.

The person doing the numbers was simply doing what they were told to do. All the early arrivals were in the priority-100 queue and got let in ahead of the general queue, and all would have been front row.

Anyone who knows me will know that I don't always arrive at venues at the crack of dawn, and if I arrive later in the day, I join the ordinary queue and that's fine, and there were plenty of MFCers yesterday who did just that - they came and said hello to the few of us at the front, and then went to join the massive general queue.

I'm trying to be the voice of reason here and I really can't see what caused such an enormous fuss. All this stuff about certain MFCers making grand decisions, or people having to have a badge - well I never saw any of that!

Sara, I'm sorry to see that you feel like you have to justify yourself because crazy rumors appeared everywhere.

I'm sorry to ask, but I really wish I could understand what happened because I'm worried about how things will happen at future gigs... Who asked to "re queue" everyone? everything went so well at other gigs in France so far, and we always managed to organise things with John and "M. universal" (sorry, I don't know his name...:teehee:). Of course, I wasn't at every gigs but i can't understand why someone (not blaming Sariflor at all!!) suddenly decided to change this queuing system... I whish I could understand that...:blink:

What do you mean ?

Well there have been times where people have done something on their own and then people found out and then people ask why they didn't tell the fanclub and the person in question explains that they don't need to yadda yadda yadda...which we don't, really. Just because something happens that involves Mika or whatever doesn't mean to say people need to go reporting on the MFC, y'know?

Sara is one of the luckiest people on here because she's been to so many gigs, TV shows, been on stage with Mika loads of times, met the band several times etc...Mika and co know who she is, so it's probably just all down to jealousy or something.

Now, I don't know the ins and outs, I don't know what Sara has "supposedly done" but I've known her long enough to know and understand that Sara is a diplomatic person who tries to organise things in a fair and honest way, there's no way that Sara would do anything to harm other fans or take away another person's privilege. That just isn't who she is. I'm a firm believer in "treat others how you would like to be treated" and I believe that's what Sara believes in as well. If anyone's taken the time to get to know her, then they'll know that Sara is really nice and really cares for her friends. Yeah she speaks her mind about stuff, but rightly so. Speaking your mind/being honest doesn't make you a horrible person, insulting someone does, and Sara wouldn't attack anyone without reason.

I'm gonna stand by Sara because I'm pretty sure she's innocent in this and because she's my fwend :bleh:

Edited by CazGirl

Well there have been times where people have done something on their own and then people found out and then people ask why they didn't tell the fanclub and the person in question explains that they don't need to yadda yadda yadda...which we don't, really. Just because something happens that involves Mika or whatever doesn't mean to say people need to go reporting on the MFC, y'know?

Sara is one of the luckiest people on here because she's been to so many gigs, TV shows, been on stage with Mika loads of times, met the band several times etc...Mika and co know who she is, so it's probably just all down to jealousy or something.

Now, I don't know the ins and outs, I don't know what Sara has "supposedly done" but I've known her long enough to know and understand that Sara is a diplomatic person who tries to organise things in a fair and honest way, there's no way that Sara would do anything to harm other fans or take away another person's privilege. That just isn't who she is. I'm a firm believer in "treat others how you would like to be treated" and I believe that's what Sara believes in as well. If anyone's taken the time to get to know her, then they'll know that Sara is really nice and really cares for her friends. Yeah she speaks her mind about stuff, but rightly so. Speaking your mind/being honest doesn't make you a horrible person, insulting someone does, and Sara wouldn't attack anyone without reason.

I'm gonna stand by Sara because I'm pretty sure she's innocent in this and because she's my fwend :bleh:

Here here :biggrin2:

Thanks for explaining your mind Caz.

I don't think there is a problem of jealousy here, it's not the deal :wink2: and nobody blames Sara for who she is !

And like Nanou, just try to understand what happened there. :wink2:

I'm patient ! :naughty:

Thanks for explaining your mind Caz.

I don't think there is a problem of jealousy here, it's not the deal :wink2: and nobody blames Sara for who she is !

And like Nanou, just try to understand what happened there. :wink2:

I'm patient ! :naughty:

Well like I say, I don't know the root of the problem, but I've been following Sara's tweets and apparently people are saying that she's said and done things things, even though she hasn't. This isn't just about the queue system. :sad:

Did some people actually accuse YOU of doing something wrong!?! :shocked: People need to stop getting so worked up before they even know what is going on. :aah:

No MFCer did anything wrong nor anyone else for that matter. It's really one huge misunderstanding. Basically John and the Mika people had thought that we'd only been giving numbers to MFCers all along. So when they discovered yesterday that that was not the case they told us to change the system so the MFCers got in the very first and the rest of the numbered people after us.

I think the MFCers who were there before they stopped giving out numbers were about 15(?) And then several of us became BG/LG so I think they just ended up being 8-9 MFCers who got in with the numbered people in the end. (Mind you there were several MFCers who got to the venue late and, as right should be, they did not get numbers nor priority before the non-MFCer people with numbers.)

I felt sorry for the two french girls who got bumped from the first spots to about 13 as well. But at that big venue it made no difference. And since several MFCers became BG/LG, I think the non-MFCer numbered people actually ended up having slightly better numbers in the end than they did when they first arrived. Or at the very least, they got their initial number back. Ie before they changed and made two priority queues.

(Apart from a couple of stray MFCers with larger numbers, all the other MFCers were there first and held the first spots from the very beginning anyway. Excluding numbers 1 and 2, as previously stated.)

And about the whole made up "need to show badges thing" :doh: NO, we did not! John simply asked if we would know who was an MFCer and who was not and he got told that yes, most of the time we do. And even if we don't, we could always just check their said forum name on the MFC right there on the spot. Simple as. :thumb_yello:

One could think it unfair that the numbered thing will benefit MFCers first and other fans second. But as John said, "Then join the MFC!". Anyway it is just a mouse-click away and you don't even have to post anything... Basically it's a way of attracting new fans to Mika's offical forum - to promote us! AND give the members some perks for being.. well, members. Now what's so wrong about that?

And again. Sariflor doesn't need defending and shouldn't even have to explain herself. Why? She and I and everyone else were just queueing nicely (from 7 friggin am!) until the representatives for the owner of this forum came and told the people, who actually were organising the numbers, to make some slight changes. And those people JUST did what they were told. Don't throw stones when no stones are to be thrown and ffs don't throw them in the wrong direction. :aah:

Edited by Humphrey

Thank you SOOOOO much Humphrey for your post :thumb_yello:

So, it's just a huge and very huge misunderstanding ! I prefer that.

Hope everything is gonna be well now !

Just for the badges thing, according to Croce and other Frenchies, it was the French manager who asked for them :wink2:

Did some people actually accuse YOU of doing something wrong!?! :shocked: People need to stop getting so worked up before they even know what is going on. :aah:

No MFCer did anything wrong nor anyone else for that matter. It's really one huge misunderstanding. Basically John and the Mika people had thought that we'd only been giving numbers to MFCers all along. So when they discovered yesterday that that was not the case they told us to change the system so the MFCers got in the very first and the rest of the numbered people after us.

I think the MFCers who were there before they stopped giving out numbers were about 15(?) And then several of us became BG/LG so I think they just ended up being 8-9 MFCers who got in with the numbered people in the end. (Mind you there were several MFCers who got to the venue late and, as right should be, they did not get numbers nor priority before the non-MFCer people with numbers.)

I felt sorry for the two french girls who got bumped from the first spots to about 13 as well. But at that big venue it made no difference. And since several MFCers became BG/LG, I think the non-MFCer numbered people actually ended up having slightly better numbers in the end than they did when they first arrived. Or at the very least, they got their initial number back. Ie before they changed and made two priority queues.

(Apart from a couple of stray MFCers with larger numbers, all the other MFCers were there first and held the first spots from the very beginning anyway. Excluding numbers 1 and 2, as previously stated.)

And about the whole made up "need to show badges thing" :doh: NO, we did not! John simply asked if we would know who was an MFCer and who was not and he got told that yes, most of the time we do. And even if we don't, we could always just check their said forum name on the MFC right there on the spot. Simple as. :thumb_yello:

One could think it unfair that the numbered thing will benefit MFCers first and other fans second. But as John said, "Then join the MFC!". Anyway it is just a mouse-click away and you don't even have to post anything... Basically it's a way of attracting new fans to Mika's offical forum - to promote us! AND give the members some perks for being.. well, members. Now what's so wrong about that?

And again. Sariflor doesn't need defending and shouldn't even have to explain herself. Why? She and I and everyone else were just queueing nicely (from 7 friggin am!) until the representatives for the owner of this forum came and told the people, who actually were organising the numbers, to make some slight changes. And those people JUST did what they were told. Don't throw stones when no stones are to be thrown and ffs don't throw them in the wrong direction. :aah:

Something almost like this has happened a couple of times before. John and the venue security talks about "MFC queue" and once they actually had a name list and security asked our names at the door. I said that I'm sorry, my name is not on any list, I just have a number, but I looked the list and saw my name there :blink: I was panicking that they will not let all people in, because I was the one who gave numbers and I gave them to everyone on MFC or not, but it was okay in the end and they let everyone in :thumb_yello: I think they just wanted to make sure there is no chaos because it WAS a bit chaos, many people who arrived very late tried to group at the door.

I guess they just hope people to join to the MFC, it's official fan club after all. But we fans always give numbers to everyone who is early, it's just fair.

So that's the concensus? A misunderstanding?

I don't think so.

People interpreted it the way that suited them before they knew the facts and were rude about it in the process.

Now we see most of it was not founded in truth and was most certainly nothing to do with Sara, I don't see any apologies.

Like Caz says, no wonder we keep things to ourselves.

Something almost like this has happened a couple of times before. John and the venue security talks about "MFC queue" and once they actually had a name list and security asked our names at the door. I said that I'm sorry, my name is not on any list, I just have a number, but I looked the list and saw my name there :blink: I was panicking that they will not let all people in, because I was the one who gave numbers and I gave them to everyone on MFC or not, but it was okay in the end and they let everyone in :thumb_yello: I think they just wanted to make sure there is no chaos because it WAS a bit chaos, many people who arrived very late tried to group at the door.

I guess they just hope people to join to the MFC, it's official fan club after all. But we fans always give numbers to everyone who is early, it's just fair.

Yes, totally agree with that Tiibet :thumb_yello:

It's what I did in Nantes too. But we all need this queue system and list to be clearer, like that, no problem will appear in the future.

We did what we thought it was the best, without knowing if we did what they wanted us to do

I don't think so.

People interpreted it the way that suited them before they knew the facts and were rude about it in the process.

Now we see most of it was not founded in truth and was most certainly nothing to do with Sara, I don't see any apologies.

Hmm yes good point. In fact, where are the accusers and who even were they?

I don't think so.

For what I'm concerned with, yes it is :wink2:

I started a post there to ask what happened. I never blamed on Sara.

For what I'm concerned with, yes it is :wink2:

I started a post there to ask what happened. I never blamed on Sara.

No you didn't . And to be honest I feel a bit sorry for you trying to sort it all out.

I know, some were upset. But they're grown ups and know what to do...

I really wanted to know what happened because it's sad things like that turn out. There were in the past some troubles with frenchies and everything was ok lately, so I was sad to read all that story of MFCers only list and others being left away. But now we know it's from the management team, it's another story.

I think they should have imposed some clear ways to do this queue system...and since the beginning.