2009 - Mika @ Sound Academy,Toronto, Canada - 12 Oct - GIG REPORTS

guylainem123

• Replies 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

mod_mom @mikasounds http://twitpic.com/l1szk - Just back from the Toronto show--bright, bouncy, and soooo much fun. Thanks Mika!

dirtysexynaught @mikasounds great concert tonight!! though if you can start earlier that'd be great. opening act sucked. LOVED YOU!!!

tbgoolch J'adore @mikasounds His energy was GOLDEN!

SimchaSnell Mika was brilliant! I am identity mad!

Zoots14 @iMMamusic Thank u SO much for being such a sweetheart backstage, you were a big part of this experience for me. I had a blast! xoxo6 minutes ago from Echofon in reply to iMMamusic

babspanky @Rakpenguin63 He asked me first but I said no . Nice to be asked though4 minutes ago from web in reply to Rakpenguin63

Zoots14 @iMMamusic Thank u SO much for being such a sweetheart backstage, you were a big part of this experience for me. I had a blast! xoxo6 minutes ago from Echofon in reply to iMMamusic

babspanky @Rakpenguin63 He asked me first but I said no . Nice to be asked though4 minutes ago from web in reply to Rakpenguin63

They were asked to be Big Girls:blink:

conceitedwombat @mikasounds You guys were fantastic. Loved the costumes/set design, all so cool under black light. Great chemistry w/everyone onstage too.2 minutes ago from Echofon

conceitedwombat @mikasounds New songs sounded great. And the energy during WAG! Wow. I wish you could know what it's like to be in the crowd during that.2 minutes ago from Echofon

Edited by RAK1

conceitedwombat: @mikasounds PS: Thank you for doing One Foot Boy. I freakin' LOVE that song. I may have went just a wee bit mental when you all started it. 1 minute ago from Echofon

tinkerleetea: @mikasounds Mika, thank u for your Toronto show it blew me away well worth it!!! Thanks 4 making TDOT ur 1st shot!!! XXXX 3 minutes ago from web

ilikechapstick: @mikasounds YOU WERE AMAZING TONIGHT! Loved every minute. You were were even better than last year, which is hard to do! <3 :D Shout out? less than a minute ago from web

conceitedwombat @Rakpenguin63 Yes he's gone. He didn't come out because he was cold and tired.8 minutes ago from Echofon in reply to Rakpenguin63

conceitedwombat: @mikasounds Safe travels to Montrèal. Dream sweet! See you tomorrow. xx 2 minutes ago from Echofon

Edited by RAK1

Okay my report is going to suck I'm afraid because I have to wake up in a few hours to go to Montreal and my brain is already fried/frozen. Just going to type out random observations.

Show started with an old couch and lamp with the back towards the audience and the front facing a large TV screen. The band came out and sat on the couch, one by one and turned on a BBC show with Ian McKellan where he did a thing about a rocket blowing up and the man on board being lost.

Everyone looked fantastic in all the black light reflective costumes. Black and white with varying stripes and patterns. There were moons hung from the ceiling that also glowed in the UV light.

2001 Space Odyssey music was playing. Mika came out in his astronaut costume from Bestival. He stood at the back of the stage on a raised platform and took the costume off to reveal nothing but his WAG boxers. :shocked::teehee:

He was even barefoot which seemed to result in some amazing dancing! Loved his moves all night. :mf_lustslow:

All kinds of things were happening throughout the night but I'm going to forget most of it until I see it on video to be honest. He used the teapot marionette a couple of times, he kept going places with a suitcase in his hand and there was a small doll/puppet that was used for Toy Boy.

Mika was in super top form. His voice was spectacular and his performances were just incredible. So much energy and passion and he seemed genuinely excited at the crowd's response.

I was dead centre stage so I think I See You was the highlight for me because he stood there quite a bit and just gave it everything he had it seemed. Happy Ending as well.

Our very own Zoots was a Big Girl and she did an unbelievable job!!!! :mf_lustslow:

I'll let her tell you the story. I didn't take any photos or videos so I'm afraid you'll have to wait but it will be worth it. Everything felt totally new and it was even more amazing than I expected.

Need to start all over again tomorrow. :aah:

Okay my report is going to suck I'm afraid because I have to wake up in a few hours to go to Montreal and my brain is already fried/frozen. Just going to type out random observations.

Show started with an old couch and lamp with the back towards the audience and the front facing a large TV screen. The band came out and sat on the couch, one by one and turned on a BBC show with Ian McKellan where he did a thing about a rocket blowing up and the man on board being lost.

Everyone looked fantastic in all the black light reflective costumes. Black and white with varying stripes and patterns. There were moons hung from the ceiling that also glowed in the UV light.

2001 Space Odyssey music was playing. Mika came out in his astronaut costume from Bestival. He stood at the back of the stage on a raised platform and took the costume off to reveal nothing but his WAG boxers. :shocked::teehee:

He was even barefoot which seemed to result in some amazing dancing! Loved his moves all night. :mf_lustslow:

All kinds of things were happening throughout the night but I'm going to forget most of it until I see it on video to be honest. He used the teapot marionette a couple of times, he kept going places with a suitcase in his hand and there was a small doll/puppet that was used for Toy Boy.

Mika was in super top form. His voice was spectacular and his performances were just incredible. So much energy and passion and he seemed genuinely excited at the crowd's response.

I was dead centre stage so I think I See You was the highlight for me because he stood there quite a bit and just gave it everything he had it seemed. Happy Ending as well.

Our very own Zoots was a Big Girl and she did an unbelievable job!!!! :mf_lustslow:

I'll let her tell you the story. I didn't take any photos or videos so I'm afraid you'll have to wait but it will be worth it. Everything felt totally new and it was even more amazing than I expected.

WOAH!

Sounds fantastic!

Can't wait to see videos of the intro.

But now I must go to bed myself.

Safe trip tomorrow:wink2:

Nice!!! :wub2:

T4P!

Did he come out for m'n'g?? :aah: