Toy Boy

Grace Kelly

Lollipop

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Grrrr. That sort of thing irritates me. If people are at a gig, they need to STFU and let the man sing. :sneaky2:

Agreed. It's so rude! >.<

Kind of like when I was recording a song once and I got some lovely girl screaming, "TAKE YOUR TOP OFF!" I didn't realize we were at a strip club. Would you like me to wave a dollar over your head and maybe he'll come over? :dunno::naughty:

ok. just got back from school.. idk how people have time to write reviews and such right after the show (though I love them for it :thumb_yello:)

my friend and I drove up from R.I. with her mom and got there around 6. We had won tickets through a contest on buzznet.com so we were kinda questioning whether they actually had them or not. They kept pushing back the doors open time because when we called (we harrassed the arena so bad haha) they said they would have the box office open at 6. The show wasn't sold out. a girl in front of us the will call line was there to buy hers and ended up sitting next to us! While waiting in line I saw Imma walk in and kinda fan girled, and I think Doug possibly walked by.

so we get our tickets (sooo releived.. they had them in a nice envelope and everything!) and go get a water and merch. I saw Mika's manager standing right near the box office and freaked out again. I bought the TBWKTM poster and the white tee with his face on it. Yay Mika merch!!

then we looked at the tickets. We won orchestra left center seats, 9 rows from the stage! soupt out of my mind at this pointwe settle in and marvel at the gorgeous theatre. it was really pretty!

then gary go came on and i loved his voice. he was pretty good. i had only heard one song before last night but they were really catchy. he had a cute bear hat on :biggrin2: I have pics i'll post later when my sister gives me her camera back.

then 45 minutes to wait for the man. it went by pretty fast. I was talking to my friend and saying how not a lot of MFCers were going and i only remembered a few like HavingaBlast and then she turned around and was like hey! It was really cool meeting someone from on here :biggrin2:

Then the whole she-bang with the couch and the tv. So cute. who knew the band were such good actors?! Cherrise looked adorable and I just love Martin anyway haha.

Then they got off the couch and went back to the stage to start the show and Mika came out in the back all zombie-space-walky in his full-on space suit :wub2: oh and then he took it all off! haha. The band started relax without him and he joined in by the first chorus. it's such a performance to them, even though its a small venue. The atmosphere they create is spectacular.

Uh, the whole thing with his pants was hilarious. He kept turning around to yank them up and at first we thought it was a joke but then he kept doing it and laughing to Imma. Then at the end of the song he totally unzipped his pants and ran back stage to get another pair and changed right in front of us! Then he sat down for SITM and said "I guess I'll be known as the underwear boy forever" and I definitely didn't mind. His laugh is truly amazing haha.

I was happy he played STIM just to hear his scats. and his Louie Armstrong impersonation. It was spot on :thumb_yello:

hmm.. dont remmeber the order of the songs but basically I loved Dr. John. His feather crown/hat was cool and I want one :naughty: reminded me of Where the Wild Things Are or the Lost Boys.

People in my row kept getting up and buying beer and I'm like, really?! CONCERT. OVER THERE. But whatevs. they can walk by me dancing like a fool if they really want to. :roftl:

Yea I agree with the Big Girl thing. They should have been on stage longer and not just in the back. You could barely see them.

Happy Ending was emotional. I thought he just forgot the words but then I saw him trying to laugh off some tears. Don't worry Mika: the second I saw him I was watery-eyed. I can't help it!

There were quite a few costume changes and they all incorporated the blacklight/ glow in the dark scenery. THERE WAS CONFETTI! There were two cannons on the side of the stage and I think they went off for rain (idk makes sense to me haha).

The encore was good. I love toy boy so I'm glad he included that. Grace Kelly was so good to finally see live. By the time he got to Lollipop I could tell he was either running out of time or it was really getting mundane. He didnt play the verse where Cherrise sings or the really sexy verse after that :sneaky2:

After the show I walked out with Havingablast and went to go line up in case Mika came out. I had an hour and a half drive home ahead of me and school tomorrow so we left around 10:45. She said 20 minutes later Mika came out and I was surprised he did come out but oh well, I'll get him next time around.

This being my first Mika gig, I was thoroughly satisfied. It was a great mix of songs (minus Good Gone Girl.. I really wanna know why he isn't playing that one) but then again theyre all great.

Just being able to see him live, 9 rows from my face was the best thing. I could listen to his actual voice and not videos or recordings. I was able to watch him dance around for ME and say that Boston was one of his favorite stops on the tour for the past two tours. This is just the first of many Mika gigs I hope to attend in the future. All day, and even during the gig I kept having reality checks and going :aah: I'm actually here. Definitely worth staying out late on a school night and failing my calc test the next day for.

yea and I'll post some pics and vids soonish. Some are good, but most are fuzzy and all washed out for some reason. the lights were really bright i think.

I found this one.. PUOTF

it's a nice close up :wub2: (though people are talking so loudly :blink: ) And I haven't noticed this before, but does Jimmy's face paint glow in the dark? :shocked:

Oh and thanks everybody for the reports, pics and vids! :thumb_yello:

Edited by Miro

so I went last night! *biggrin* it was probably the best night of my life :wub2: I don't have too many things to say (because I'm bad at describing things...:naughty:) but it was amazing!! The first part mika came on and he was dancing so much that his pants ripped and he had to like change on stage, it was really funny *teehee* so then the set was awesome! everything was neon when the lights went off...and their outfits!! The clothes were AWESOME :wub2: I wish I could have all the clothes :roftl: and mika sounded great....it was so awesome to be front row! I've never been front row before, so that was pretty sweet!

the whole night..everytime mika came by I just said "oh my god" :aah: I really couldn't believe I was there *teehee* and so close to mika...and he realy is cuter in person....well hes cute all the time but to see him in like real life is just totally amazing :biggrin2:

and so afterwards we waited outside and he finally came out and he signed my tee shirt :D it was also really weird..I don't know why but when he came around I wasn't nervous at all...like hes just so awesome to be around...like when I went to meet the kooks I didn't even know what to say and I was so nervous, but with mika I was so excited I wasn't even nervous...something that I wasn't expecting...I thought I was going to be so nervous! haha

and so overall, I took like 300 pictures :teehee:

and I really can't describe how awesome all the songs are live..."I see you" is just beautiful...and "we are golden" is so fun....and I was also so happy he did some older stuff...Like "happy ending" and "relax" I was so excited to hear! it was just awesomeeee ahhhhhhh I still really can't believe I went :teehee:

woah I didn't think I was gonna write that much :naughty:

and I don't think I got to meet any mfcers...I'm pretty sure they were like right next to me, but I didn't realize it :naughty:

and so today all I have been saying is like "oh my god" haha

and when I look at all the pictures..it doesn't feel real...and I was like so happy that I was like almost crying ahah

I can't wait till he comes back :wub2:

Hi Kodes100 --

Thanks so much for the MFC Welcome!

Now that I'm an official member (and officially hooked on Mika!!!!!!) I'd love to meet some fellow MFC'ers at the next concert! Only problem is... now that I've seen Mika LIVE in concert... I can't WAIT until the next one!!!!

It's WONDERFUL to actually FEEL this way about a performer... Other than Mika, there's no one else out there that I feel even remotely this passionately about. I SO look forward to seeing/hearing how Mika, his music and his art evolves over the coming years... I especially love that he's SO multi-talented, and writes some GREAT, catchy (!!!) songs that are sometimes about some truly profound stuff... And that from what he's revealed in interviews, he's had a truly interesting life and really opens up some serious veins (so to speak...) when writing some of these songs whose honesty really touches my heart - while at the same time, I'm LOVING the zippy melody and singing along (such as the wonderful (!!!) Beatle/Monkee/Nilsson-esque DR JOHN). Who wants to hear songs written by people who grew up always doing their homework, helping take out the garbage and wash the dishes, coming in before curfew, flossing after every meal, ZZzzzzzzz... I know I'm 'preaching to the choir' mentioning this on a forum where EVERYBODY KNOWS ALL THIS ALREADY, but I'm still flying from last night's concert, and have had a serious case of 'Mika On The Brain' for a good chunk of the day today...

Enjoy your weekend Kodes100!

P.S. Are you familiar with Harry Nilsson's song that he wrote/recorded (the MONKEES recorded it too...) CUDDLY TOY? The melody is downright delicious! Catchy beyond belief! The Monkees 'video' from the show is big fun! Then you listen to the lyrics... and there's something else going on entirely... I really love that subtle, ironic quality (and talent) that MIKA shares... Plus, I just love watching MIKA in general!!!

Here's that Monkees video - http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=10166663 and here are Nilsson's lyrics http://www.lyricsfreak.com/m/monkees/cuddly+toy_20095458.html

the whole night..everytime mika came by I just said "oh my god" :aah: I really couldn't believe I was there *teehee* and so close to mika...and he realy is cuter in person....well hes cute all the time but to see him in like real life is just totally amazing :biggrin2:

and so today all I have been saying is like "oh my god" haha

and when I look at all the pictures..it doesn't feel real...and I was like so happy that I was like almost crying ahah

I can't wait till he comes back :wub2:

I can totally relate! Recordings and pictures don't even come close to real life <3

I felt exactly the same all day today, and during the whole concert! Trust me, this will be the first of many Mika concerts to come!

2rm88y0.jpg

this is when he signed my tee shirt :wub2:

the dark corner on the right is the back of my head :teehee:

and then the writing...

11ift4m.jpg

I still can't believe it :wub2:

So..I accidently handed him the tee shirt upside down...and like 5 minutes after he signed it, I realized this, so the signature is upside down but oh well :naughty: