2009 - REPORTS/VIDEOS/PICS: 23 OCT Mika in Los Angeles, CA at Palladium Hollywood

dcdeb

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Poor guy. If he makes a very huge detour he can borrow my walking boot. :naughty:

I wonder if he fell or if he jumped and landed wrong. :(

Sounds like the latter according to the latest tweets to me from Mana:

@dcdeb Our friend @Skeptique was hard on Mika, he's got a booboo on his ankle. A bit too much lovin' today ;)

Sorry @dcdeb, it seems me and @Skeptique were a bad influence on @mikasounds and made him jump a bit too high during Love Today...

But don't worry @dcdeb, me and @Skeptique promise to be better at looking after @mikasounds in Oakland!

Sounds like the latter according to the latest tweets to me from Mana:

@dcdeb Our friend @Skeptique was hard on Mika, he's got a booboo on his ankle. A bit too much lovin' today ;)

Sorry @dcdeb, it seems me and @Skeptique were a bad influence on @mikasounds and made him jump a bit too high during Love Today...

But don't worry @dcdeb, me and @Skeptique promise to be better at looking after @mikasounds in Oakland!

Aww. He can still borrow my boot and crutches. I'm not using them and hopefully won't again. :naughty: He's been pretty lucky so far after all those times jumping off the drums! :shocked: Hopefully it's a quick recovery and nothing serious! A good nights sleep does wonders! I feel like I'm 80 all the time and when I'm really achey sleeping helps a lot. Hopefully it does the same for him! :) Get the guy to bed. No after parties. :teehee:

That was a phenomenal gig! There was some frustrating shut with the queue at first, unfortunately. They brought everyone to the doors then told us to form two queues, but then moved ppl from 30th in the queue to the front of the third queue. :sneaky2:

The gig though was phenomenal!!! Mika was so into it, and even whipped out some delicious dance moves during Touches You. Rawr!!

During Love Today he made us all crouch down, close our eyes, and then jump on the count of three (like he did in Philly)? That was SUCH an amazing feeling! :wub2:

I think this was when Mika twisted his ankle, though. It was not long after that we noticed him limping a little. He came out for the encore with his foot in a tensor bandage. MFC were on the list for a quick m&g, but his management said he was putting his ankle on ice. There is a small chance he may need to cancel Oakland, but we were told that would be a last resort as he really hates cancelling shows.

Don't worry though, peeps; he's gonna be just fine. It's just a basic strain or sprain; to quell the rumours, it's not broken or anything. :original:

All told, it

oh no, poor mika and poor mfcers...ppl waiting months for a smile and now nothing...i can feel their pain.

i hope mika will play oakland, maybe with no dancing and jumping much?

he's a professionist, when his voice is not affected i'm sure he's going to perform.

thanks mana for reassuring us!

Edited by robertina

That was a phenomenal gig! There was some frustrating shut with the queue at first, unfortunately. They brought everyone to the doors then told us to form two queues, but then moved ppl from 30th in the queue to the front of the third queue. :sneaky2:

The gig though was phenomenal!!! Mika was so into it, and even whipped out some delicious dance moves during Touches You. Rawr!!

During Love Today he made us all crouch down, close our eyes, and then jump on the count of three (like he did in Philly)? That was SUCH an amazing feeling! :wub2:

I think this was when Mika twisted his ankle, though. It was not long after that we noticed him limping a little. He came out for the encore with his foot in a tensor bandage. MFC were on the list for a quick m&g, but his management said he was putting his ankle on ice. There is a small chance he may need to cancel Oakland, but we were told that would be a last resort as he really hates cancelling shows.

Don't worry though, peeps; he's gonna be just fine. It's just a basic strain or sprain; to quell the rumours, it's not broken or anything. :original:

All told, it

Thanks so much for the report Mana!!

So good to hear that it's not anything serious. Hope he feels a lot better tomorrow and doesnt have to cancell Oakland.

Oops, last post got cut off.

All told, a fantastic gig by the fantastic Mika. He's so freakin' awesome. :wub2:

Thank you Mana!!!! :thumb_yello: Sounds like a fabulous gig :wub2: And so glad to hear his ankle is not seriously injured. It's hard to believe he would cancel his gigs because of this.

Yeah, the queue shenanigans were a bummer! But all-in-all, awesome venue, he sounded great and in WAG, when he had us sing, he looked SO impressed. lol. he started laughing and had his adorable smile.

bad part for me: I left my backpack in an MFCers car! aaah! hope to get it in oakland tomorrow......:blink:

Edited by lollipop_monkey

Yeah, the queue shenanigans were a bummer! But all-in-all, awesome venue, he sounded great and in WAG, when he had us sing, he looked SO impressed. lol. he started laughing and had his adorable smile.

bad part for me: I left my backpack in an MFCers car! aaah! hope to get it in oakland tomorrow......:blink:

I've texted Taylor and let them know your bag is there. Find as us in Oakland and we'll get it back to you. Can you PM me your cell # just to be safe?