2009 - REPORTS/VIDEOS/PICS: 23 OCT Mika in Los Angeles, CA at Palladium Hollywood

dcdeb

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think we will have to wait for Dani or Mari, it is so long since I did the photo upload job, I cannot remember the cheat for this:blink: And too many for me to download, upload to photobucket and repost, sorry.

That was a phenomenal gig! There was some frustrating shut with the queue at first, unfortunately. They brought everyone to the doors then told us to form two queues, but then moved ppl from 30th in the queue to the front of the third queue. :sneaky2:

The gig though was phenomenal!!! Mika was so into it, and even whipped out some delicious dance moves during Touches You. Rawr!!

During Love Today he made us all crouch down, close our eyes, and then jump on the count of three (like he did in Philly)? That was SUCH an amazing feeling! :wub2:

I think this was when Mika twisted his ankle, though. It was not long after that we noticed him limping a little. He came out for the encore with his foot in a tensor bandage. MFC were on the list for a quick m&g, but his management said he was putting his ankle on ice. There is a small chance he may need to cancel Oakland, but we were told that would be a last resort as he really hates cancelling shows.

Don't worry though, peeps; he's gonna be just fine. It's just a basic strain or sprain; to quell the rumours, it's not broken or anything. :original:

All told, it

I really hope there's a video...

And thanks for the report!

I think we will have to wait for Dani or Mari, it is so long since I did the photo upload job, I cannot remember the cheat for this:blink: And too many for me to download, upload to photobucket and repost, sorry.
lovely pics :wub2:

too many for me as well Iona, and my right arm hurts, can't make it atm

we need Dani :thumb_yello:

You know, I love seeing the MFC and Mika. And, tonight, my friend who saw Mika for the first time got to be a Big Girl and now she's totally hooked. YAY...that's one way to hook them!!!

Such a fun night...if I wasn't too tired to write about it all, I would. But, at this time at night...way too many grammatical errors would come out.

Highlights:

1. Mika - Great as usual

2. Perez - sweet as usual. Love this guy.

2. Standard Toaster- Seems to be the person I stand next to most at gigs. I'm so lucky...fun..fun..fun!!

3. Team Mika and MFC!! Y'all rock! What a nice group of people.

I would say more to come...but, we all know me? LOL!! Anyways, that's why I go to gigs that Mana is at. She writes about the gigs in a way that I can't remember. Darn....if only I was young again.

LOL

That was a phenomenal gig! There was some frustrating shut with the queue at first, unfortunately. They brought everyone to the doors then told us to form two queues, but then moved ppl from 30th in the queue to the front of the third queue. :sneaky2:

The gig though was phenomenal!!! Mika was so into it, and even whipped out some delicious dance moves during Touches You. Rawr!!

During Love Today he made us all crouch down, close our eyes, and then jump on the count of three (like he did in Philly)? That was SUCH an amazing feeling! :wub2:

I think this was when Mika twisted his ankle, though. It was not long after that we noticed him limping a little. He came out for the encore with his foot in a tensor bandage. MFC were on the list for a quick m&g, but his management said he was putting his ankle on ice. There is a small chance he may need to cancel Oakland, but we were told that would be a last resort as he really hates cancelling shows.

Don't worry though, peeps; he's gonna be just fine. It's just a basic strain or sprain; to quell the rumours, it's not broken or anything. :original:

All told, it

You know, I love seeing the MFC and Mika. And, tonight, my friend who saw Mika for the first time got to be a Big Girl and now she's totally hooked. YAY...that's one way to hook them!!!

Such a fun night...if I wasn't too tired to write about it all, I would. But, at this time at night...way too many grammatical errors would come out.

Highlights:

1. Mika - Great as usual

2. Perez - sweet as usual. Love this guy.

2. Standard Toaster- Seems to be the person I stand next to most at gigs. I'm so lucky...fun..fun..fun!!

3. Team Mika and MFC!! Y'all rock! What a nice group of people.

I would say more to come...but, we all know me? LOL!! Anyways, that's why I go to gigs that Mana is at. She writes about the gigs in a way that I can't remember. Darn....if only I was young again.

LOL

Thanks for the reports, girls!!! :wub2: I'm glad that it was so much fun. Shame on security though, you clearly needed me there to tell them off :biggrin2:. I really hope that his ankle is better for tomorrow :blink:, or he'll die trying to stay put in his chair whilst doing the show :aah:. He has so much energy that guy, I can't imagine him trying to stay still during a show :naughty:.

92315830.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF878921CC759DF4EBAC47D01DAA852E0868EE8845F8970582BB6D10130421BCA651D0A1

Wow, nice pic. Has he been working out again?

oh no, poor mika and poor mfcers...ppl waiting months for a smile and now nothing...i can feel their pain.

i hope mika will play oakland, maybe with no dancing and jumping much?

he's a professionist, when his voice is not affected i'm sure he's going to perform.

thanks mana for reassuring us!

Well, the thing is, he doesn't always come out so people often miss him.

For example, he never came out before or after Toronto, and after Montreal it was a 10 second thing where most people didn't manage to see/speak to him, so I guess that if we just take these 'meetings' as a possibility rather than a given, it's probably best all round for everyone, to avoid disappointments...

Thanks for the reports.....sounds like a great night.

Bugger about the ankle but I guess that it is probably going to happen occasionally with the way he leaps about.:shocked:

Fingers crossed for tonight but I can't really see why he would need to cancel.....but it certainly WILL be difficult for him to keep still:blink:

Glad you had a good time....bummers that these queuing problems are STILL happening though.:shocked:

And the more I look at these pics form all the gigs the more I can't wait to see the show:shocked::naughty:

thanks, for the reports and pics. sorry to hear about ankle: I wonder if he did some overathletic moves again... :teehee: seriously, I'm sorry, it must hurt.

too bad for the M&G esp. for those who had travelled so much to see him. :boxed: I hope it's possible for oakland and tey do both gigs.

great view of the venue!

the whole jump at the signal during LT sounds grand! I hope he does it again.. :wub2:

Thanks for the reports, girls!!! :wub2: I'm glad that it was so much fun. Shame on security though, you clearly needed me there to tell them off :biggrin2:. I really hope that his ankle is better for tomorrow :blink:, or he'll die trying to stay put in his chair whilst doing the show :aah:. He has so much energy that guy, I can't imagine him trying to stay still during a show :naughty:.

Wow, nice pic. Has he been working out again?

Well, the thing is, he doesn't always come out so people often miss him.

For example, he never came out before or after Toronto, and after Montreal it was a 10 second thing where most people didn't manage to see/speak to him, so I guess that if we just take these 'meetings' as a possibility rather than a given, it's probably best all round for everyone, to avoid disappointments...

yes...i know....

i was thinking about the disappoitment of having a M&G in your future and then see it vanish in a second.

so sad, for ppl who maybe have got just that moment to wait for

Honestly, I say this in a "non moany" way, and I don't mean to disrespect or bug anyone by saying it, but I really think that we need to move on from this "expecting M&G" mentality :teehee:. I love a nice M&G with Mika just as much as anyone else; I really enjoy seeing and chatting to him, obviously :naughty:, but it's starting to bother me how it seems like sometimes the whole meeting Mika part of it overshadows the gig, which is what we should really be focusing on.

Meeting Mika is a by-product of the gigs, and a very nice one, but I don't think that we should be putting so much emphasys on it. Again, as an example, he never came out after Toronto. He barely came out after Montreal, and it was so late and in such an obscure place that only a bunch of fans were left there, and hardly anyone got to see him.

People had travelled for both shows, from far, and missed him, but nobody was upset because they had gone for the gig, and the gig is what they got, so there was no "extra expectation". I travelled to the Canadian shows and I can honestly say that I was NOT expecting anything besides a good gig, and that I was pleasantly surprised with anything extra that came once I was there, but my initial expectation was not of all this extra stuff. Obviously I was "hoping" for something, thinking that it would be lovely, but I would have gone back home equally happy if I had not had any contact with Mika and co at all, and had just gotten a fantastic show.

I'm not trying to portray myself as a model of virtue here :naughty:, but just showing this example as I'm trying to press the point that I think it's dangerous to be making this sort of statement about it being a shame that people didn't meet him, and they traveled so far, etc... because all it does is set a precedent for a future expectation, and eventually it will just cause grief and disappointment. If we start making this the accepted thinking trend, and start focusing on it, it will just cause trouble IMO.

Again, of course, this is nothing personal against you Robi and Avoca, or anyone else who migh or may have made similar posts. It's just a response to something that I've been seeing brewing for a while on this forum and I wanted to address before it gets out of hand.

And, of course, I was wishing for my fellow MFC'ers to meet him and am sorry that they didn't, that goes without saying :thumb_yello:.

yes...i know....

i was thinking about the disappoitment of having a M&G in your future and then see it vanish in a second.

so sad, for ppl who maybe have got just that moment to wait for

Oops Robi, I just saw this after posting my MEGA-post :naughty:.

Yes, of course, :wink2: I totally understand that, and I feel sorry for them. I hope that my long post sort of clarifies what I was trying to say?

Honestly, I say this in a "non moany" way, and I don't mean to disrespect or bug anyone by saying it, but I really think that we need to move on from this "expecting M&G" mentality :teehee:. I love a nice M&G with Mika just as much as anyone else; I really enjoy seeing and chatting to him, obviously :naughty:, but it's starting to bother me how it seems like sometimes the whole meeting Mika part of it overshadows the gig, which is what we should really be focusing on.

Meeting Mika is a by-product of the gigs, and a very nice one, but I don't think that we should be putting so much emphasys on it. Again, as an example, he never came out after Toronto. He barely came out after Montreal, and it was so late and in such an obscure place that only a bunch of fans were left there, and hardly anyone got to see him.

People had travelled for both shows, from far, and missed him, but nobody was upset because they had gone for the gig, and the gig is what they got, so there was no "extra expectation". I travelled to the Canadian shows and I can honestly say that I was NOT expecting anything besides a good gig, and that I was pleasantly surprised with anything extra that came once I was there, but my initial expectation was not of all this extra stuff. Obviously I was "hoping" for something, thinking that it would be lovely, but I would have gone back home equally happy if I had not had any contact with Mika and co at all, and had just gotten a fantastic show.

I'm not trying to portray myself as a model of virtue here :naughty:, but just showing this example as I'm trying to press the point that I think it's dangerous to be making this sort of statement about it being a shame that people didn't meet him, and they traveled so far, etc... because all it does is set a precedent for a future expectation, and eventually it will just cause grief and disappointment. If we start making this the accepted thinking trend, and start focusing on it, it will just cause trouble IMO.

Again, of course, this is nothing personal against you Robi and Avoca, or anyone else who migh or may have made similar posts. It's just a response to something that I've been seeing brewing for a while on this forum and I wanted to address before it gets out of hand.

And, of course, I was wishing for my fellow MFC'ers to meet him and am sorry that they didn't, that goes without saying :thumb_yello:.

Just to further clarify, I've seen people post sometimes asking if there would be a meeting after the show, as in that case they would go to a certain show in order to get that, which is why this is worrying me.

you are right sara, but i repeat i was only saying that it was a shame, for a M&G agreed in advance for MFCers (hence i presume with lots of efforts put in it by ppl who organized it and all that jazz) to see it vanish.

it always takes a good labour to get one and to organize it in short time and i think of that kind of disappointment.

nothing is given for granted, and we who went to several gigs know it well.

i haven't seen mika personally since...let me think....berlin june 2009 and they were 2 words in a line.

ppl like me are hundreds, who never stalk or never push for a meeting, and if we fail to meet him we don't care.

at the same time i can understand how a newby (as we were in 2007) may want an autograph or a hallo from him.

the problem is that now numbers have changed, and we find ouselves with hundreds of ppl outside the gigs...so i think that we that had more chances in the past should be the one to give path to newbies.

and not the other way round.

and here i stop, cause i don't wnat this thread to become argumentative.

and it's only my personal p.o.v., of course!

I know it's not personal and so it is my reply.

I wasn't trying to set any expectation, merely stating for some people who feel the same as many of us -since they take time and money to follow mika around- that I was sorry they might have been disappointed.

not all would have been, but some would for sure.

that was about it.