2009 - REPORTS/VIDEOS/PICS: 23 OCT Mika in Los Angeles, CA at Palladium Hollywood

dcdeb

That article is more of an essay than a proper gig review. While I don't disagree with everything the author is saying, it seems like he already had several opinions of Mika, which he then projected onto that particular show. It sounded like he did enjoy the concert, but the review still has such a negative tone.

True, I mean he had good things to say and all, but still....it seemed so confusing to talk about the good things but then push them down with all his negative preconceptions of Mika.:blink:

You're right, it's more of an essay than a review....but I never got the feeling he was unhappy. He should have seen Mika's pure happiness during the show, esp. We Are Golden.:biggrin2:

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

*ahem*

Videos anyone???

http://www.youtube.com/user/okeastron2008#p/u/1/CVvdYLbCdok at 7:00 he sprains his ankle :boxed:

OUCH!:boxed: Just watched it now. When you're there you don't even notice at all. We're all jumpy and happy and he did it as we were coming up.

That's exactly how I sprained my ankle...jumping up and landing wrong.:blink:

I just read that too.

"Mika didn't want to be in the Hollywood Palladium."

"you could actually feel the frustration and neurosis of this unhappy prince through his entire set":blink:

Was he at the same show I was at? I saw a VERY happy Mika...a very, VERY happy Mika. This review confuses me...

PPPPFTTTTTT WTH! hahahaha that review is so weird....has nothing to do with reality...

My first mika gig. And.it.was.amazing. I met him atabiut three by the tour buses. I'll upload the pic when I get a chance. Also trying reconnect with the peoplei met. I was third in line and I was wearing a dress. I was with my two friends. We had chairs. Sound familiar?

An did anyone else see Katy Perry after the concert?

Oh yes, I remember seeing you guys. I was the one in the golden skirt.:biggrin2: Glad you joined the forums!

:biggrin2:

The MFCers saw her while waiting upstairs for the meet and greet before we knew it wouldn't happen.

PPPPFTTTTTT WTH! hahahaha that review is so weird....has nothing to do with reality...

I know right? It made absolutely no sense.:blink:

pshhhh, his loss then if he couldn't see how amazing it was.

same here. i was with two other girls. do you recognize me from any of my pictures? (link above your original link)

Yup, I remember you. You guys showed me and some other MFCers the picture you took with him after you saw him at his bus. :)

I'm the girl who was wearing this black-ish dress with grey leggings and black boots. If you go through the album I posted, there's a picture with me and Mika. Maybe you'll recognize me from that one. :wink2:

Oh yes, I remember seeing you guys. I was the one in the golden skirt.:biggrin2: Glad you joined the forums!

:biggrin2:

The MFCers saw her while waiting upstairs for the meet and greet before we knew it wouldn't happen.

omg hey! yay im glad i found someone from the concert :DD

yeah we saw Katy after the concert and asked for a picture with her. the paparazzi took it for us haha!

Edited by Little_Miss_Happy_Fish
mistake

Yup, I remember you. You guys showed me and some other MFCers the picture you took with him after you saw him at his bus. :)

I'm the girl who was wearing this black-ish dress with grey leggings and black boots. If you go through the album I posted, there's a picture with me and Mika. Maybe you'll recognize me from that one. :wink2:

yeah yeah! i remeber.

haha finding people makes me happy. hope everyone had as much fun as i did

omg hey! yay im glad i found someone from the concert :DD

yeah we saw Katy after the concert and asked for a picture with her. the paparazzi took it for us haha!

this is the thread to find everyone!:thumb_yello:

Oh really? We saw her but didn't interact with her at all...

yeah yeah! i remeber.

haha finding people makes me happy. hope everyone had as much fun as i did

Oh, I'm pretty sure we all enjoyed ourselves greatly.:naughty: I'm just happy you had a great time too! I don't remember, was this your first Mika gig?

this is the thread to find everyone!:thumb_yello:

Oh really? We saw her but didn't interact with her at all...

Oh, I'm pretty sure we all enjoyed ourselves greatly.:naughty: I'm just happy you had a great time too! I don't remember, was this your first Mika gig?

yes it was. and now all i want is more more more. I cant believe how much post concert depression im suffering... seriously!

cant wait for my next one!

What ever happened with the meet and greet? I assume it got cancelled because of Mika's ankle..?

did anyone see him after the show?

yes it was. and now all i want is more more more. I cant believe how much post concert depression im suffering... seriously!

cant wait for my next one!

What ever happened with the meet and greet? I assume it got cancelled because of Mika's ankle..?

did anyone see him after the show?

That's what happens every time. I know it's tough now,believe me, I'm feeling it too. but just keep telling yourself that this is just the beginning of many more gigs to come!:thumb_yello: hopefully he'll be back soon.

Yeah it didn't happen because of his ankle (which we understood totally)...we didn't see him at all after the show, but we got a meet and greet in oakland the next night.

http://www.laweekly.com/slideshow/view/28664062/21

thats me front right..with the funny strand of hair that slipped out of place haha.

heres my face book album. just skip through the non-mika ones. haha. enjoy!

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=725668&id=1131750298#/photo.php?pid=725720&id=1131750298

Oh, hey! I'm Nono, the girl with the short hair and red glasses. It was nice meeting you. Thanks for the pictures :biggrin2:

I'm not so much suffering PMD as PMFCD :huh: I miss you guys so much!

Here's a short video I made of the singalong-y parts of the LA concert: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0gEioDR1aE

i want to write everything that happend but im trying to upload pix first...

even tho im suppose to be doing math homework.......... :blink: SOOOO tired

I'm not so much suffering PMD as PMFCD :huh: I miss you guys so much!

Here's a short video I made of the singalong-y parts of the LA concert: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0gEioDR1aE

I MISS YOU TOO! :tears:

Thanks for the lovely video...it makes me so happy and sad at the same time.

i want to write everything that happend but im trying to upload pix first...

even tho im suppose to be doing math homework.......... :blink: SOOOO tired

I know, so much to do. reports, uploading pictures, and regular life stuff. blahhhh...can we just rewind back to friday please?