2009 - REPORTS/VIDEOS/PHOTOS for Oct. 24 Mika in Oakland, CA at Fox Theater

dcdeb

thanks for the info. now that I live somewhat close to a city Mika plays at I will definitely come to the next show. and I would love meet up with people since I have yet to convince any of my friends on the wonder that is Mika and going to a concert by yourself isn't really that much fun!

don't worry, if you're on the mfc, you're never alone at a concert! :biggrin2: anyway, not at the standing gigs for which people start queuing already in the morning, so MFC has the whole day to spend together. :bleh::naughty:

thanks for the info. now that I live somewhat close to a city Mika plays at I will definitely come to the next show. and I would love meet up with people since I have yet to convince any of my friends on the wonder that is Mika and going to a concert by yourself isn't really that much fun!

I went to the Roxy show earlier this year all by myself, but when it was all over I spent like 45 minutes saying goodbyes and hugging all my new best friends! :huglove: So don't worry! Even if you come alone, if you're MFC, you'll have a bunch of great new friends by the end of the night :thumb_yello:

so, here are all my oakland videos (including the 2 i had already posted) - would be happy about comments on youtube, took me ages to upload all of that. :bleh:

mika's dancing/jumping to relax on one foot:

talk about painkillers and SITM intro:

SITM "trumpet" solo:

part of Blue Eyes:

most of Touches You:

Mika and the teapot:

talk about his hurt foot:

most of I see you:

talk about US success and band introduction:

part of we are golden, with mika lying on the floor:

small bit of lollipop, where he catches the spray streamers can (sorry f. bad quality :sad:) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49bv0CQ_U-c

about that last video, don't know if someone wrote about it already... sarac went to a party shop before the gig and got all sorts of fab stuff for all of us, like blacklight makeup, glow in the dark nailpolish, and those spray streamers. she gave the streamer cans to different ppl and we agreed that we'd spray them during rain... next to me, christine had a can, but when we didn't see anyone else spraying during rain, we didn't do it either. later, sarac told us that her can was taken away by security, so that was the reason. well, during lollipop christine sprayed a few streamers and when she put the can down again, i took it and kept on spraying - not towards mika, but sideways between mika and the front row (you shouldn't spray that stuff on people, normally it says so on the can... :naughty:). mika saw this and came over and waved to me to throw the can to him - he caught it and started spraying in the crowd and at his band members (seems like HE didn't know that you shouldn't spray it on ppl! :teehee:), having lots of fun with that spray streamers, lol! :lmao: you can see his first spray towards the crowd quickly at the end of the video. unfortunately the can was almost empty, so he didn't have much of it anymore. wish someone had filmed more of that, but couldn't find anything on youtube.

i didn't even remember that i was filming while i threw the can to him, well, of course the video is quite shaky, as i was spraying, throwing and filming at the same time... :naughty: but it also is horrible quality, as some time during lollipop i hit the wrong button on my camera, so it would make smaller videos instead of the good quality ones i usually have, and i only noticed after the show. still uploaded it, as i thought it was so funny with the spray streamers. :naughty: actually, sarac had given 2 or 3 cans of glow in the dark spray streamers to john (?) to give to mika backstage, maybe he didn't get them or only decided during lollipop that it would actually be fun to spray them. :teehee:

Edited by mellody

Holy smoke .. the noise levels on touches you :shocked::wub2:

not surprising with those moves... :naughty::fangurl:

...Am I the only one still wearing my wristband? :aah:

um... yes? :naughty: i preferred to keep it in a clean state, so i just cut it off the same night and put it in my suitcase. :bleh:

so, here are all my oakland videos (including the 2 i had already posted) - would be happy about comments on youtube, took me ages to upload all of that. :bleh:

SITM "trumpet" solo:

part of Blue Eyes:

most of Touches You:

Mika and the teapot:

most of I see you:

small bit of lollipop, where he catches the spray streamers can (sorry f. bad quality :sad:) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49bv0CQ_U-c

about that last video, don't know if someone wrote about it already... sarac went to a party shop before the gig and got all sorts of fab stuff for all of us, like blacklight makeup, glow in the dark nailpolish, and those spray streamers. she gave the streamer cans to different ppl and we agreed that we'd spray them during rain... next to me, christine had a can, but when we didn't see anyone else spraying during rain, we didn't do it either. later, sarac told us that her can was taken away by security, so that was the reason. well, during lollipop christine sprayed a few streamers and when she put the can down again, i took it and kept on spraying - not towards mika, but sideways between mika and the front row (you shouldn't spray that stuff on people, normally it says so on the can... :naughty:). mika saw this and came over and waved to me to throw the can to him - he caught it and started spraying in the crowd and at his band members (seems like HE didn't know that you shouldn't spray it on ppl! :teehee:), having lots of fun with that spray streamers, lol! :lmao: you can see his first spray towards the crowd quickly at the end of the video. unfortunately the can was almost empty, so he didn't have much of it anymore. wish someone had filmed more of that, but couldn't find anything on youtube.

i didn't even remember that i was filming while i threw the can to him, well, of course the video is quite shaky, as i was spraying, throwing and filming at the same time... :naughty: but it also is horrible quality, as some time during lollipop i hit the wrong button on my camera, so it would make smaller videos instead of the good quality ones i usually have, and i only noticed after the show. still uploaded it, as i thought it was so funny with the spray streamers. :naughty: actually, sarac had given 2 or 3 cans of glow in the dark spray streamers to john (?) to give to mika backstage, maybe he didn't get them or only decided during lollipop that it would actually be fun to spray them. :teehee:

I totally saw when Mika caught that silly string at the show!! I did realize he motioned for you to throw it up there until you said something here, but during the show I was like "woah! did you just see Mika caught that can of silly string!!" I thought someone threw it up w/o him noticing and he just caught it...LOL LOL....it would have been fun if there was more string in the can, it was fun to watch him spray it on everyone :naughty:

I totally saw when Mika caught that silly string at the show!! I did realize he motioned for you to throw it up there until you said something here, but during the show I was like "woah! did you just see Mika caught that can of silly string!!" I thought someone threw it up w/o him noticing and he just caught it...LOL LOL....it would have been fun if there was more string in the can, it was fun to watch him spray it on everyone :naughty:

Nevertheless, it was still an awesome catch :biggrin2:

Nevertheless, it was still an awesome catch :biggrin2:

especially since i'm the worst thrower you could think of, i'm amazed that it didn't land in the space between stage + crowd, or on his head. :roftl: i actually did pretty well, compared to my usual throwing skills. :naughty:

especially since i'm the worst thrower you could think of, i'm amazed that it didn't land in the space between stage + crowd, or on his head. :roftl: i actually did pretty well, compared to my usual throwing skills. :naughty:

I LOVE how he caught it and sprayed everyone! So hilarious! Thanks for vids Karin...they are awesome. And that you got the bits in between the songs. my friends wanted to watch those.

:biggrin2::thumb_yello:

And I took my wristband off two days ago to put on my wall..it was a painful experience.:blink: I didn't want to let go so soon...

I LOVE how he caught it and sprayed everyone! So hilarious! Thanks for vids Karin...they are awesome. And that you got the bits in between the songs. my friends wanted to watch those.

:biggrin2::thumb_yello:

just wish someone had more of the spraying on video... :rolls_eyes:

yeah the talking bits are the ones i always try to film, as they're (at least a bit) different at every show. :wink2: and i don't dance while he's talking, that also helps witht the filming. :naughty:

Yeah! That's what I was thinking, I would have been too leery to throw it to him fearing I might cause him another injury besides his foot. :blink: So good job on the throw.

Haha I thought the same thing! I thought someone just chucked it at him when he wasn't paying attention and he ninja caught it. :roftl:

Thanks for posting all of those, Karin, they're great. I love, love all the talking bits! I was just trying to remember what he said about the comfortable balcony cushions.

Wow, you guys. I have been trying to delay writing my report so that I could make a better judgment about what details are and aren’t important, but it’s been almost a week, and everything seems like I need to write it! Here’s my report, I suppose, though there’s a multitude of things that will inevitably be left out.

1) I LOVE YOU GUYS. Everyone I met in the queue was freaking lovely. This sounds silly, but it was really nice to be expected to be responsible for my own behavior, but still be able to be an adoring fangirl. I don’t get to do either of those much in real life. I’m younger than a lot of you guys, but I still feel like I’ve made some of my favorite friends. Thank you. I can’t stop thinking about you all and missing you :wub2:

Okay. Pathetic rant over. Post Gig Depression sucks. Here is about the gig!!!

2) Queuing was so much fun. There were enough silly incidents—just little things that made me laugh—to fill an entire post, but people probably don’t want to read all of those. That was a lot of fun, though. Let’s just hope that we’re not banned from Sears. And, OMG, John’s ringtone is We Are Golden! He’s a really nice man, and that was so funny. I am honored to have met him.

3) When we finally got to go in, I got a spot in the front next to Nono and Katrien! Standing next to both of you was an honor! It was really special to stand next to Nono and Brittany, both of whom we met this summer in LA. If someone had told us then that we would be seeing each other this soon at a gig, I wouldn’t have believed them! But that was really special. Katrien, you are so nice and standing next to you was an honor. Also, BIIIG thank you to everyone standing behind me! I had heard horror stories of people getting crushed at other bands' concerts and was concerned, but everyone was perfectly civil and I did not get mashed! That was really nice!

4) Gary Go was good, playing the song on his iPhone was funny, but I really just wanted to hear Mika. That was unreal.

5) MIKA IS LOVE. Each and every song, I swear, I thought “Okay, this is definitely my favorite.” Nothing, not any picture, not PDP, not any video on YouTube, NOTHING prepares you for seeing him there, real, in front of you, singing. And when he looks at you… that was just crazy. It really did feel like he was looking right at us. And that was wonderful. You can see the videos and all, but there were just a few moments that still stick out at me a week later.

1) (I like lists
:naughty:
) Stuck in the Middle. That has always been my favorite song, and screaming the lyrics back at Mika live was so special.

2) We Are Golden. I haven’t seen the video, but the look on his face when he heard the entire place screaming “WE ARE NOT WHAT YOU THINK WE ARE, WE ARE GOLDEN, WE ARE GOLDEN” at him was unforgettable. It was the first verse, mind you! We weren’t just copying something we’d heard him singing! That was straight from the CD to the concert! I think he realized that, and his face was just pure joy.

3) The "dancing" did not suffer by the boot, at all! He was all over the stage, and it was awesome to see him having such a good time!

4) EVERYTHING. It was freaking magical.

6) AFTER THE GIG was asdlkjasdf. Since we had never been to a gig before, I was asked repeatedly how I liked it! Normally I loathe being asked the same question over and over, but this time, I didn’t mind answering: it was FANTASTIC. I met up with you guys and got my wristband (I’m still wearing it, Brittany… :naughty:). When we went downstairs, I was just kind of feeling bad and wanting a beverage. When Kira and I got in line to meet him, we were both freaking out (I can’t really describe the feeling). When I looked around the corner and saw Mika, real, right there, it was even more mind-blowing then the gig. SNAP. HE’S A PERSON. AND HE’S LOVELY. I almost didn’t want to talk to him, because I knew I would say something silly, but when it was my turn (after Kira, luckily), I told him about my stuffed snakes, and took a picture with him. I wanted to get him to sign my CD booklet, but I was so excited about just talking to him, I just said some nonsense that he’s probably heard zillions of times before: “Thank you Mika, you’re just so wonderful,” etc. He was totally chill about it, too, and said something like “Aww, that’s so nice!”

7) And then it was over. When the security guards made us go upstairs, it was next to impossible to imagine that we wouldn’t see this man again for too long of a time. I don’t know when he’s coming back to the US, but it had better be soon, because I really want to talk to him some more. He seems like a fascinating person, and I wish I could have talked to him more, but I think this was pretty good for a first time meeting him. At least I could speak.

8) We all said good-bye outside the venue (again, you guys are all SO WONDERFUL. I think about you every day. It sounds creepy, but it’s totally true. If I could spend every day with MFCers going to a gig, I would totally do it. Y’all are LEGENDARY), and I walked back to our hotel with Andrew, Mana, Nono, Christine, and Kira. Lots of silliness, and it was so hard to say good-bye. Y’ALL are awesome, even if some of you say “Aboot.” :bleh:

9) In conclusion, BEST DAY OF MY LIFE. EVER. Let’s do it again sometime!

10) PS: Sorry for the book post and repetitive diction. I can usually find words that are more descriptive of what I'm trying to express, but it's hard to find words to describe my excitement!

11) My picture with Mika is here. Neither of us look our best, but it’s my favorite picture.

DSCN0761-1.jpg

Edited by 77red

Haha I thought the same thing! I thought someone just chucked it at him when he wasn't paying attention and he ninja caught it. :roftl:

Thanks for posting all of those, Karin, they're great. I love, love all the talking bits! I was just trying to remember what he said about the comfortable balcony cushions.

:roftl: :roftl: Like a "ninja" :roftl:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought someone just tossed it to him, haha!

SITM "trumpet" solo:

part of Blue Eyes:

most of Touches You:

Mika and the teapot:

most of I see you:

thanks so much for the vids karin :flowers2:

haha the story with the spraystreamers is so funny:roftl:

Wow, you guys. I have been trying to delay writing my report so that I could make a better judgment about what details are and aren’t important, but it’s been almost a week, and everything seems like I need to write it! Here’s my report, I suppose, though there’s a multitude of things that will inevitably be left out.

1) I LOVE YOU GUYS. Everyone I met in the queue was freaking lovely. This sounds silly, but it was really nice to be expected to be responsible for my own behavior, but still be able to be an adoring fangirl. I don’t get to do either of those much in real life. I’m younger than a lot of you guys, but I still feel like I’ve made some of my favorite friends. Thank you. I can’t stop thinking about you all and missing you :wub2:

Okay. Pathetic rant over. Post Gig Depression sucks. Here is about the gig!!!

2) Queuing was so much fun. There were enough silly incidents—just little things that made me laugh—to fill an entire post, but people probably don’t want to read all of those. That was a lot of fun, though. Let’s just hope that we’re not banned from Sears. And, OMG, John’s ringtone is We Are Golden! He’s a really nice man, and that was so funny. I am honored to have met him.

3) When we finally got to go in, I got a spot in the front next to Nono and Katrien! Standing next to both of you was an honor! It was really special to stand next to Nono and Brittany, both of whom we met this summer in LA. If someone had told us then that we would be seeing each other this soon at a gig, I wouldn’t have believed them! But that was really special. Katrien, you are so nice and standing next to you was an honor. Also, BIIIG thank you to everyone standing behind me! I had heard horror stories of people getting crushed at other bands' concerts and was concerned, but everyone was perfectly civil and I did not get mashed! That was really nice!

4) Gary Go was good, playing the song on his iPhone was funny, but I really just wanted to hear Mika. That was unreal.

5) MIKA IS LOVE. Each and every song, I swear, I thought “Okay, this is definitely my favorite.” Nothing, not any picture, not PDP, not any video on YouTube, NOTHING prepares you for seeing him there, real, in front of you, singing. And when he looks at you… that was just crazy. It really did feel like he was looking right at us. And that was wonderful. You can see the videos and all, but there were just a few moments that still stick out at me a week later.

1) (I like lists
:naughty:
) Stuck in the Middle. That has always been my favorite song, and screaming the lyrics back at Mika live was so special.

2) We Are Golden. I haven’t seen the video, but the look on his face when he heard the entire place screaming “WE ARE NOT WHAT YOU THINK WE ARE, WE ARE GOLDEN, WE ARE GOLDEN” at him was unforgettable. It was the first verse, mind you! We weren’t just copying something we’d heard him singing! That was straight from the CD to the concert! I think he realized that, and his face was just pure joy.

3) The "dancing" did not suffer by the boot, at all! He was all over the stage, and it was awesome to see him having such a good time!

4) EVERYTHING. It was freaking magical.

6) AFTER THE GIG was asdlkjasdf. Since we had never been to a gig before, I was asked repeatedly how I liked it! Normally I loathe being asked the same question over and over, but this time, I didn’t mind answering: it was FANTASTIC. I met up with you guys and got my wristband (I’m still wearing it, Brittany… :naughty:). When we went downstairs, I was just kind of feeling bad and wanting a beverage. When Kira and I got in line to meet him, we were both freaking out (I can’t really describe the feeling). When I looked around the corner and saw Mika, real, right there, it was even more mind-blowing then the gig. SNAP. HE’S A PERSON. AND HE’S LOVELY. I almost didn’t want to talk to him, because I knew I would say something silly, but when it was my turn (after Kira, luckily), I told him about my stuffed snakes, and took a picture with him. I wanted to get him to sign my CD booklet, but I was so excited about just talking to him, I just said some nonsense that he’s probably heard zillions of times before: “Thank you Mika, you’re just so wonderful,” etc. He was totally chill about it, too, and said something like “Aww, that’s so nice!”

7) And then it was over. When the security guards made us go upstairs, it was next to impossible to imagine that we wouldn’t see this man again for too long of a time. I don’t know when he’s coming back to the US, but it had better be soon, because I really want to talk to him some more. He seems like a fascinating person, and I wish I could have talked to him more, but I think this was pretty good for a first time meeting him. At least I could speak.

8) We all said good-bye outside the venue (again, you guys are all SO WONDERFUL. I think about you every day. It sounds creepy, but it’s totally true. If I could spend every day with MFCers going to a gig, I would totally do it. Y’all are LEGENDARY), and I walked back to our hotel with Andrew, Mana, Nono, Christine, and Kira. Lots of silliness, and it was so hard to say good-bye. Y’ALL are awesome, even if some of you say “Aboot.” :bleh:

9) In conclusion, BEST DAY OF MY LIFE. EVER. Let’s do it again sometime!

10) PS: Sorry for the book post and repetitive diction. I can usually find words that are more descriptive of what I'm trying to express, but it's hard to find words to describe my excitement!

11) My picture with Mika is here. Neither of us look our best, but it’s my favorite picture.

DSCN0761-1.jpg

lovely report!! and your pic is really cute!

lol it's funny how it came across so differently to others - guess that's for once because mika just knows how to integrate stuff like that without catching too much attention, suddenly he has something in his hand and you won't know how he got it. :naughty: and second, there's so much happening during lollipop, with all the balloons and stuff, that you're just distracted and only see half of what's happening.

i never would've thrown that can if he hadn't motioned to me to do so, as it could've hit someone or he could've fallen over it. i was already a bit worried about the bra someone threw on stage before the encore, as i think mika didn't see it (or maybe he just ignored it :naughty:), that it would get stuck to his foot and he'd stumble over it. luckily he didn't, and security removed it before he came back for the encore.

SITM "trumpet" solo:

part of Blue Eyes:

most of Touches You:

Mika and the teapot:

most of I see you:

thank you so much for the review and vids! It was lovely meeting you :thumb_yello:

lol it's funny how it came across so differently to others - guess that's for once because mika just knows how to integrate stuff like that without catching too much attention, suddenly he has something in his hand and you won't know how he got it. :naughty: and second, there's so much happening during lollipop, with all the balloons and stuff, that you're just distracted and only see half of what's happening.

i never would've thrown that can if he hadn't motioned to me to do so, as it could've hit someone or he could've fallen over it. i was already a bit worried about the bra someone threw on stage before the encore, as i think mika didn't see it (or maybe he just ignored it :naughty:), that it would get stuck to his foot and he'd stumble over it. luckily he didn't, and security removed it before he came back for the encore.

OH yeah I saw that bra up on stage, I was a little worried about him tripping over it too 'cause I'm not sure he saw it and he got awful close to it a few times, haha