2009 - REPORTS/VIDEOS/PHOTOS for Oct. 24 Mika in Oakland, CA at Fox Theater

dcdeb

i never would've thrown that can if he hadn't motioned to me to do so, as it could've hit someone or he could've fallen over it. i was already a bit worried about the bra someone threw on stage before the encore, as i think mika didn't see it (or maybe he just ignored it :naughty:), that it would get stuck to his foot and he'd stumble over it. luckily he didn't, and security removed it before he came back for the encore.

I saw that! I was like, "Who threw that?!" I think he just ignored it. :roftl:

LOL how many pages it is now? 7? 9? :biggrin2:

Final count: 7.:shocked::blush-anim-cl:

DISCLAIMER: The gig report I'm about to post is probably the longest one in a very long time. I kinda couldn't stop. I do this to post here and for my own memory's sake, so that's why I'm a bit verbose. (ooh big word.:naughty:)

Here it comes....

MIKA WEEKEND

Part 2: Fox Theatre Oakland

CHAPTER 1: One Two and Three! Early Queue Adventures.

Alright, so continues the Mika Weekend. My LA report ended with us getting there and to the hotel after chasing the bus across California.

Saturday October 24th, 2009 8:00am

Clare (lovempls), Sivan and I arrive at the hotel, only being kept awake by energy drinks and the excitement of seeing the bus again. We can’t check in until around noon so we stop to pee in the restaurant attached to the hotel and leave most of our things in the car. Grabbing only what we need to survive for a few hours, we begin walking the 14 blocks to the venue. It sounds like a lot, but in reality, it wasn’t too far away. We get to the venue around 8:30 and inspect the area. Nice theater…horrible location. The nearest bathroom was in a Sears department store a block away on the second floor. Great. No good parking either. Again, over a block away. Missing LA and the Palladium already. We settle down in front of the venue after double checking with a security person who was there surprisingly early. Hmm. Whipping out the Sharpie, we become one, two, and three. Hell yes. We were not going to have another LA-like problem with security this time. Amazingly, right as we sit down, three more people we didn’t know show up. We expected to be alone until the flying MFCers made it. More and more people came including Kira (superstar) and Indy (77red).

After scouting out a parking deck, Clare and I decided to go find a Rite Aid or Walgreens to get some food to munch on and supplies for Mika’s care package! We found one…five blocks away. We squealed with excitement to finally find a place with a name we recognized! And there was a Rite Aid right next to a Walgreens. Double score. In Rite Aid we got food and some Winnie the Pooh bandaids to go with our half and half that was still in my purse. In Walgreens we got a golden bag and ribbons for the present, a Snoopy card that would be from the MFC and a huge piece of green poster board and markers for our BIG ASS CARD that we wanted the whole queue to sign as a get well present.

We headed back to the queue with all of our purchases in hand and on the way we saw the queue had grown. Our group was back! After a trying morning, especially with the airline sending Mana’s luggage to Boston (WTF?), they made it. Clare, Sivan and I wanted to go back to our hotel but we let the new arrivals go to their hotel first to drop off their things. During the time we had while they were gone, we designed the card. Clare wrote the inside message, I drew the bubble letters on the front and Sivan colored them in. I must say, it turned out very well.

Around 11:30, my friend Alyssa from Berkeley came and met up with us right as we were headed back to the hotel. The others got back to the queue as we headed to our hotel to freshen up a bit. We still looked like quite the mess. I took a shower really quickly (it felt wonderful) and then Alyssa had to get something from her apartment 15 minutes away. So her, me and Brittany (daydreambeliever) walked back to the venue. Turns out that John had stopped by while we were gone and told everyone that Mika was still in LA and would be arriving here around 3 or 4. Yes. We could give him our care package now. Alyssa and I stopped by her apartment quickly and then after grabbing some Taco Bell, we headed back to the queue.

CHAPTER 2: The One Foot Boy arrives...in a minivan taxi?

It’s now about 2:30 and I am rejoined by Clare and Sivan who have not really gotten any rest while in the hotel, but now they are dressed and ready and we parked the car nearby. There was a bit of a misunderstanding that occurred in the queue at this point over our location in line, but I’m not going to go into it. Mana and the three of us figured it all out and it was all good. Us girls in the front helped out in doing each other’s makeup and getting all primped and ready for the gig. We also passed around the MFC Snoopy Thank You card for Mika to get signed. I really don’t remember what time it was, this was all such a blur. I was working on getting Clare’s eyelashes on after one failed attempt when Mana comes over to the three of us and whispers that Mika will be arriving any minute on the side of the building and that Andrew has been talking to John about letting us give him our care package. John apparently liked the idea because he was letting us see Mika before the show.

Me, Clare, Sivan and Karin (mellody- who noticed us leaving and came with) walked around the side of the building. The security people laughed at us at first, but when we told him we were in contact with Mika’s management, they told us to go to the other side. To avoid being noticed by everyone else creating a mob scene, we went around behind the venue where we were in danger of being struck by Nerf balls and other assorted toys since all these kids were playing there. We rounded the corner and saw Mana and Andrew waiting there for us. Luckily we managed to keep this whole thing basically a secret. Kira (superstar) joined us as well, but that was it. I finished putting on Clare’s eyelashes and then we waited.

A black SUV started coming up the road. False alarm. Mom dropping off kids. Damn. And then….a fire truck? Um, OK. Still no Mika. And then….a taxi. A minivan taxi to be specific. That couldn’t possibly be Mika…but on closer look we saw none other than the One Foot Boy himself sitting in the front seat. He looked genuinely surprised to see us. He looked tired but happy and someone (don’t remember who) asked Mika how he was feeling. He smiled and said “I’ve been better” in that adorable accent of his. On the outside, I remained calm and collected, but my insides were fangurling out for sure. Though, whenever I’m talking to Mika, I never feel nervous or anything. He’s sooo easy to talk to, and that’s what I love. He doesn’t think of himself as above his fans or anything like that. I think he really enjoys interacting with us. :wub2:

OK, sorry got sidetracked there. :naughty: Anyways, the taxi van pulls in and John gets out from the back seat and helps Mika out. He gives Mika his crutches to walk with. Poor Mika obviously doesn’t really know how to work them since he stumbles a little bit. We all watch on edge as Mika smiles and collects himself and hobbles over to where we are. Andrew asks him if he’s named his new friend (the boot) and Mika says no. He mentions something about Ugly Betty, I don’t really remember honestly. My mind was running through what to say. Clare and I were holding the card and the little golden bag with bandaids and half and half, poised and ready to give it to him. After Mika finished saying whatever he was saying, I started our introduction and Clare and I told the story back and forth saying that the three of us (Clare, Sivan and me) had driven all the way from LA last night and that on the way we came up with the idea to give him a care package and an MFC card. We told him it was our delirious 3am ideas here. He had an adorable smile on his face as we handed it to him and he held it and his crutches at the same time. Oh and another thing I love. Mika makes eye contact with you when you talk to him. Greatest feeling ever, because for those moments, when he looks in your eyes, all he sees is you. *melt* I think we said something about thank you for still coming to Oakland and he said that he had no idea what was going to happen tonight but it would be amazing. He promised us a fantastic gig.

As he was turning around to leave, Andrew wished him good luck and Mika looked frightened, “No, you never say good luck,” he said. We all told him that saying “break a leg” wasn’t much better. He smiled and started hobbling down the downhill slope to the backstage area. I think he said something more about how the gig would be great even though he had no clue what it would even be yet. We all waved and said “bye Mika.” And then he was gone, down in the backstage area. If any of those details are wrong, feel free to correct me and please do. It was quite a blur. Yet, Mika stayed and chatted with us for quite awhile. It wasn’t a "give Mika the gift, Mika takes it, Mika leaves" type of thing. He stayed awhile and never gave any indication of trying to leave because he was impatient, even though he looked super tired. Awww Mika…He’s so sweet! :wink2:

Edited by lollipopgirl83

CHAPTER 3: Life Seems To Be A Waiting Game

So, on a little bit of a Mika high, Clare, Sivan and I joined hands and skipped down the street back to the queue, stopping before the corner, so as not to cause a stir. Kira was quite overcome by seeing Mika in person for the first time. Clare said that the first thing she said was “He’s so much more beautiful in person!” True that, girl. :wink2: So the rest of the queuing process included a few more bathroom breaks at sears, getting the card signed, and finding Big Girls (which was a surprisingly difficult task). I forgot for a moment that not everyone at the gig would be as obsessed as we are and a majority of them had NO CLUE about what happened to Mika. We were able to inform them that he was alright and that he told us it would still be an amazing gig (because we got that straight from him :bleh: ) Around 6:40, we had to stop collecting signatures (I think we got around 170ish) and get ready to get in. We MADE SURE we knew how many lines there would be: 3. The pre-gig jitters were palpable in the air and then finally, it was 7:00.

Getting in was SO much smoother than the LA fiasco, and we were thankful for that. Clare, Sivan and I made a bee-line for the front row, but the stupid VIP ticketholders took our center spot. Losers who said they “worked soooo hard to get these spots.” BS. You paid extra money, we’ve barely slept and been at the venue since 8:30. Oh well, our spot was better in the end. Mika was always over by us. :biggrin2:

The wait felt so much longer because our bodies had been through a lot and did not appreciate the standing for so long in tight quarters. The venue inside was beautiful, a newly restored old theater. It reminded me a LOT of the Wiltern and it felt a bit roomier. Sadly, the barriers were REALLY far from the stage and the stage was really high up. So we entertained ourselves somehow for an hour before Gary Go came on. He was better the second time around. We grew to like him especially when Clare yelled “Where’s your typewriter?” and he perked up and said “Oh, you were in LA last night?” He seemed genuinely excited to have people who notice little things like that. He proceeded to tell us the airline wouldn’t take it with so no typewriter. The MFCers sang along with him during his last song “Wonderful” and then he left. Only half-hour left. We brought in the card and set it in front of the barrier. We talked and got hilarious texts from the Toaster. :naughty: And then it was finally 9 O’Clock. The stage was set and the audience was ready.

CHAPTER 4: Probably the BEST SHOW EVER!

The show started as usual, we had no idea what to expect. The whole spaceship/ Ian McKellen intro proceeded as usual and then he came out. Mika, in his space costume, he limped his way up the stairs and still proceeded to undress himself. Still shirtless, but he had pants on because it would be too hard to quick change with the tightness of his pants over his boot. Then as usual he disappears, Relax begins…we were expecting him to chill out tonight.

Nope.

He had so much energy it was ridiculous. That boot did NOT stop him from running around and dancing and “hopping around like a mother****er.” If anything, he had more energy in Oakland than in LA. After the LA gig, I remember thinking to myself that Mika could never top that. Well he did. This gig was beyond amazing. Even Mika said it was one of the “funnest gigs in awhile.” I remember seeing him dance around and I had this huge smile of disbelief on my face. I would occasionally turn to Sivan and Clare and be like “Look at him! He doesn’t stop!” Mika joked that this gig was brought to us by American prescription painkillers and that this boot gave him an excuse to dance badly. He had a whole new repertoire of hopping dance moves. We speculate that that is what he was doing backstage before the show…coming up with new moves. :naughty: He also had a crutch covered in various ties and fabrics of the fluorescent kind which he only used to swing around and not actually walk with. Silly boy.

Again, I’ll just cover the highlights.

Relax/Big Girl/Stuck in the Middle: Still in shock as to how much he was moving around. Photographers in the way for him to really interact with the audience tooooo much. But I still got eye contact.

Dr. John: I swear that he was making eye contact with me throughout at least half of that song. He kept coming over to where the three of us were and the other groups of MFCers were ALL NIGHT. Clare, Sivan and I maintain we got eye contact during EVERY single song that night.

Touches You: Amazing. Did you expect anything different? :bleh:

Pick Up Off The Floor: honestly, this song has to be the one song that has grown on me the most out of this whole album. I love it, the sound, the words. Fabulous.

Happy Ending: began seriously choking up. Sad because of the performance and because it was starting to hit me that it was going to be done soon. This whole weekend.

Billy Brown: lump persisted, tried to have fun, but I still felt a bit sad.

I See You: yeah, I was gone. The lump in my throat grew and I definitely cried. This was one song I didn’t sing along to loudly. I kinda whispered it to myself. Absolutely amazing.

Rain: then he follows it with my favorite song, so I had to get happy again. And I did, I perked back up and was ecstatically happy the rest of the gig.

One Foot Boy: haha, so relevant. We all pointed at him when he sang the phrase “One Foot Boy.” :naughty:

Love Today: He messed up in the very beginning. Awww (proof he does his stuff live). He looked all embarrassed, but we cheered him on and after pacing awhile he started up again. At the end, he made us jump…again. And he was like “Everyone, including myself, will jump.” All the MFCers were like “NO MIKA NO! DON’T DO IT!” But he did…he hopped. :naughty:

We Are Golden: Again, most amazing experience ever. The videos show it all. He starts singing, but stops as he takes it all in as we shout our hearts out “WE ARE GOLDEN.” He falls to his knees and bounces in happiness. His face radiates with pure excitement and you can feel it in the room, everything transforms and for those moments, we all were golden, all together. He later falls to the ground and rolls up on his back (as the new favorite pics of Sivan’s show) and he looks like he’s having the time of his life.

Encore: Amazing as usual, during Lollipop, as Karin said, she threw him some silly string and he played with it. OH and BALLOONS! Yay! Mika had a spiky shoe on his good foot so when he kicked a balloon, it popped! And I caught the pieces. :wub2: It’s hanging on my wall.

CHAPTER 5: Care Package Is An American Term

So before the show, we knew that Andrew had gotten us aftershow stuff and we were to meet him on the floor. Luckily security wasn’t pushy and let us stay on the floor awhile. We got our wristbands, and after drinking a gallon from the water fountain, we got ushered over to where we all needed to go. There were other groups there besides the MFC, but they led us downstairs into the actual backstage area (how awesome) where there were tables to sit at and water bottles (not sure if those were for us, but we took some anyways.) The MFC all gathered in one corner (had a minor issue with the whole thing, but I won’t get into it. Had some non-MFCers trying to go with us. Not cool.)

After a little while, Allison came in and groups started leaving. It was time. The excitement was in the air. Clare, Sivan and I had our card ready to go. We decided that we didn’t want Mika to sign anything. Just pictures and giving him the card. The MFC was the last group to go. The three of us decided we wanted to be the very last people in line. We positioned ourselves and waited. The line inched around and we prepared what we were going to do. On the way out, we graciously thanked Allison for getting this for us; it meant a lot.

Finally, we were out the door. The three of us watched Nono’s session with Mika as we set our things down and got our card ready. Once Nono finished up, Mika turned to us. We told him that we didn’t need anything signed, we knew he was tired, we just wanted pictures. One group shot and then individual. He said that was alright, and then we gave him the card. He smiled when he saw it and he giggled when he saw the part where we had written “sorry you’re a One Foot Boy.” Pretty sure this was the first official time that Mika saw his new nickname that everyone is calling him now, even himself (but we even have a story to go along with that tweet…) Anyways, we explained to him how this was part of the “care package part 2” that we had given him earlier and how about 170 people signed it for him with their name and location. Mika’s eyes widened when he opened it and saw all the love that was bundled up inside. He looked on the back too which was also covered with signatures; he loved it I could tell. We told him the story about “stealing” the half and half from a gas station in the middle of the night, which amused him greatly. He then proceeded to tell us that “care package” is an American term. He was like “yeah, what you girls gave me, what was that called?” and we replied, “Oh, it’s our MFC care package.” He said “Oh, care package, yeah that’s some American term or something.” Never knew that. I suppose you learn something new everyday. During this time, John took pictures of us giving the card to Mika and at one point I could hear him trying to hurry Mika along, but Mika didn’t listen, he just kept on chatting with us. :wub2:

So now it was posed picture time. Mika was generous enough to take a pic with all three of the Three Amigas. Most amazing pic ever; will be my desktop background for a very long time. :teehee: And then we did our individual pics. Clare asked him to do a sinister face like her character that she was dressed as, and he obliged. Must say, Mika does a pretty good sinister face. :naughty: Next was me, and it was quite a blur, I wrapped my arms around his skinny little waist and John took the pic in the middle of me saying something so my pic isn’t the best, but I still love it. It was funny though because John kept trying to take pictures in some artistic way like he was doing a photo shoot, and Mika was now the one hurrying John up. It was too adorable. Finally he took his picture with Sivan and then it was time for him to go. Sivan was ready; she had questions ready for him. First question, “Were you thinking of releasing Touches You as a single because everybody loves it?” He said “Yeah, I was thinking about that.” Or something like that. He seemed genuinely interested about that though. Cross your fingers. So Mika got his crutches and was starting down the little ramp area to leave while Sivan asked question two: “Do we really look as crazy as we think we look from the audience?” Mika said “No, you all look like you’re having fun.” We smiled and he began to hobble away, but even as he was leaving he didn’t want to stop chatting. He turned around and asked us if there would be any MFCer’s in Seattle. We said yes, but we wouldn’t be there because of school. Mika frowned, and we told him to go rest now and have an awesome time on the rest of his tour. And at that, he hopped off and we walked up the stairs and back outside to the rest of the MFCers gathered outside. We all shared experiences and after some weird homeless people showed up(Sivan: She humped me! :naughty: ) we all parted ways. :tears:

Brittany, Clare, Sivan and I headed back to the car and drove over to the hotel where Brittany headed up to the room and the three of us headed out to *cough cough* walk past the hotel where we saw the bus stop, and to get some food. Nowhere was open and nearby except a Domino’s pizza place across the street. Our bodies hurt and we decided pizza would be perfect. We got the pizza and while we waited we reminisced about the gig. Seriously, Mika is all we would be talking about for the next day. (It hasn’t worn off a week later either let me say.) We brought the pizza back, ate a bit and then collapsed. The tiredness, the standing in line, the no sleep, the pure insanity of the weekend finally caught up to us and we slept.

CHAPTER 6: Finale: "With love The One Foot Boy"

We woke up the next day, sore and still tired, but quite happy. The PMD wouldn’t hit until the next day. As we were sitting around right before we were about to leave and we were discussing the gigs for the millionth time, our phones vibrated. Oh my. A tweet. A Mika tweet.

“Performed in Oakland yesterday in a foot brace, crutches (& pain killers) possibly one of the funnest shows in a while. New form of dancing”

Ok, so we get this tweet and we all get so excited that he seemed to have as much fun as we did. All four of us decide it would be fun to tweet Mika the exact same thing. So we all reply with the same tweet:

“@mikasounds we love you One Foot Boy! Thanks for the gig last night!”

We all giggle to ourselves and continue discussing the gigs. Then our phones vibrated again. Another Mika tweet. We all explode with excitement.

“Day off in San Fran. Crutches on those hills seems a bit exessive. Any recommendations? With love The One Foot Boy”

The One Foot Boy. Even though he didn’t directly tweet us back, we consider this pretty damn close. He had to have seen the bulk tweet we sent him and then used it in his reply. Weeee, I get all excited thinking about it. :naughty:

So the only logical thing to follow all this was to stop over in San Francisco for awhile. We blasted Mika out the windows, singing our hearts out on the way. We parked and took the cable car down to Fisherman’s Wharf because it wasn’t too hilly over there. Better chance of spotting our boy. We never ended up finding him, but we did get to see some of beautiful San Fran and go into this AWESOME old coin operated arcade. There were so many cool old fashioned displays; it was so made for Mika. We know he would’ve loved it so much. Finally, after deciding that we weren’t gonna find Mika and we didn’t want to be creepy like that, we headed back on the cable car to our car.

We drove and drove, only stopping to switch drivers and get some food at Denny’s (Clare got the chicken strips in honor of Jimmy) and to get some gas. Haha, now that’s a story. Brittany pumped the gas while Clare, Sivan and I went to the bathroom. We walked in and this drunk guy with a pizza was like “Hey girls wanna party?” We didn’t reply. Instead we reviewed again how to say “One Foot Boy” in Hebrew since Sivan had taught us earlier. We asked the cashier where the bathroom was and the same guy from before said “Oh NOW you’re not speaking Spanish,” to which Clare replied “Actually, it’s Hebrew.” :aah: So the bathroom was about 30 feet away from the main building, and the three of us got to it, Clare opened the door to the women’s bathroom to only hear a distressed “No no no!” come from inside. Someone was in there. A GUY was in there. We were already a little delirious but this sent us over the edge and we started laughing uncontrollably. The guy from the men’s restroom comes out to see us practically falling over laughing and says “Are you guys on drugs?” which only makes us laugh harder. I seriously couldn’t breathe. :lmao:

So nothing much more eventful happened. My stop was first, so I had to part with my girls first. Sad moment. I felt the “I See You” lump forming in my throat again as I hugged everyone goodbye. I knew that the moment I walked back in my dorm, the magical weekend was over and I had to return to the real world. I am not exaggerating when I say this was one of the best weekends of my life and I have to say a huge THANK YOU to every single person involved in it. I can’t wait to do it all over again. Mika can’t come back to California soon enough. :biggrin2:

CHAPTER 2: The One Foot Boy arrives...in a minivan taxi?

A black SUV started coming up the road. False alarm. Mom dropping off kids. Damn. And then….a fire truck? Um, OK. Still no Mika. And then….a taxi. A minivan taxi to be specific. That couldn’t possibly be Mika…but on closer look we saw none other than the One Foot Boy himself sitting in the front seat. He looked genuinely surprised to see us. He looked tired but happy and someone (don’t remember who) asked Mika how he was feeling. He smiled and said “I’ve been better” in that adorable accent of his. On the outside, I remained calm and collected, but my insides were fangurling out for sure. Though, whenever I’m talking to Mika, I never feel nervous or anything. He’s sooo easy to talk to, and that’s what I love. He doesn’t think of himself as above his fans or anything like that. I think he really enjoys interacting with us. :wub2:

OK, sorry got sidetracked there. :naughty: Anyways, the taxi van pulls in and John gets out from the back seat and helps Mika out. He gives Mika his crutches to walk with. Poor Mika obviously doesn’t really know how to work them since he stumbles a little bit. We all watch on edge as Mika smiles and collects himself and hobbles over to where we are. Andrew asks him if he’s named his new friend (the boot) and Mika says no. He mentions something about Ugly Betty, I don’t really remember honestly. My mind was running through what to say. Clare and I were holding the card and the little golden bag with bandaids and half and half, poised and ready to give it to him. After Mika finished saying whatever he was saying, I started our introduction and Clare and I told the story back and forth saying that the three of us (Clare, Sivan and me) had driven all the way from LA last night and that on the way we came up with the idea to give him a care package and an MFC card. We told him it was our delirious 3am ideas here. He had an adorable smile on his face as we handed it to him and he held it and his crutches at the same time. Oh and another thing I love. Mika makes eye contact with you when you talk to him. Greatest feeling ever, because for those moments, when he looks in your eyes, all he sees is you. *melt* I think we said something about thank you for still coming to Oakland and he said that he had no idea what was going to happen tonight but it would be amazing. He promised us a fantastic gig.

CHAPTER 5: Care Package Is An American Term

After a little while, Allison came in and groups started leaving. It was time. The excitement was in the air. Clare, Sivan and I had our card ready to go. We decided that we didn’t want Mika to sign anything. Just pictures and giving him the card. The MFC was the last group to go. The three of us decided we wanted to be the very last people in line. We positioned ourselves and waited. The line inched around and we prepared what we were going to do. On the way out, we graciously thanked Allison for getting this for us; it meant a lot.

Finally, we were out the door. The three of us watched Nono’s session with Mika as we set our things down and got our card ready. Once Nono finished up, Mika turned to us. We told him that we didn’t need anything signed, we knew he was tired, we just wanted pictures. One group shot and then individual. He said that was alright, and then we gave him the card. He smiled when he saw it and he giggled when he saw the part where we had written “sorry you’re a One Foot Boy.” Pretty sure this was the first official time that Mika saw his new nickname that everyone is calling him now, even himself (but we even have a story to go along with that tweet…) Anyways, we explained to him how this was part of the “care package part 2” that we had given him earlier and how about 170 people signed it for him with their name and location. Mika’s eyes widened when he opened it and saw all the love that was bundled up inside. He looked on the back too which was also covered with signatures; he loved it I could tell. We told him the story about “stealing” the half and half from a gas station in the middle of the night, which amused him greatly. He then proceeded to tell us that “care package” is an American term. He was like “yeah, what you girls gave me, what was that called?” and we replied, “Oh, it’s our MFC care package.” He said “Oh, care package, yeah that’s some American term or something.” Never knew that. I suppose you learn something new everyday. During this time, John took pictures of us giving the card to Mika and at one point I could hear him trying to hurry Mika along, but Mika didn’t listen, he just kept on chatting with us. :wub2:

So now it was posed picture time. Mika was generous enough to take a pic with all three of the Three Amigas. Most amazing pic ever; will be my desktop background for a very long time. :teehee: And then we did our individual pics. Clare asked him to do a sinister face like her character that she was dressed as, and he obliged. Must say, Mika does a pretty good sinister face. :naughty: Next was me, and it was quite a blur, I wrapped my arms around his skinny little waist and John took the pic in the middle of me saying something so my pic isn’t the best, but I still love it. It was funny though because John kept trying to take pictures in some artistic way like he was doing a photo shoot, and Mika was now the one hurrying John up. It was too adorable. Finally he took his picture with Sivan and then it was time for him to go. Sivan was ready; she had questions ready for him. First question, “Were you thinking of releasing Touches You as a single because everybody loves it?” He said “Yeah, I was thinking about that.” Or something like that. He seemed genuinely interested about that though. Cross your fingers. So Mika got his crutches and was starting down the little ramp area to leave while Sivan asked question two: “Do we really look as crazy as we think we look from the audience?” Mika said “No, you all look like you’re having fun.” We smiled and he began to hobble away, but even as he was leaving he didn’t want to stop chatting. He turned around and asked us if there would be any MFCer’s in Seattle. We said yes, but we wouldn’t be there because of school. Mika frowned, and we told him to go rest now and have an awesome time on the rest of his tour. And at that, he hopped off and we walked up the stairs and back outside to the rest of the MFCers gathered outside. We all shared experiences and after some weird homeless people showed up(Sivan: She humped me! :naughty: ) we all parted ways. :tears:

what a great report!! really enoyed reading it, especially the parts I quoted:wub2:

CHAPTER 6: Finale: "With love The One Foot Boy"

We drove and drove, only stopping to switch drivers and get some food at Denny’s (Clare got the chicken strips in honor of Jimmy) and to get some gas. Haha, now that’s a story. Brittany pumped the gas while Clare, Sivan and I went to the bathroom. We walked in and this drunk guy with a pizza was like “Hey girls wanna party?” We didn’t reply. Instead we reviewed again how to say “One Foot Boy” in Hebrew since Sivan had taught us earlier. We asked the cashier where the bathroom was and the same guy from before said “Oh NOW you’re not speaking Spanish,” to which Clare replied “Actually, it’s Hebrew.” :aah: So the bathroom was about 30 feet away from the main building, and the three of us got to it, Clare opened the door to the women’s bathroom to only hear a distressed “No no no!” come from inside. Someone was in there. A GUY was in there. We were already a little delirious but this sent us over the edge and we started laughing uncontrollably. The guy from the men’s restroom comes out to see us practically falling over laughing and says “Are you guys on drugs?” which only makes us laugh harder. I seriously couldn’t breathe. :lmao:

This part cracked me up...:roftl: It was like punch after punch reading it.

Getting in was SO much smoother than the LA fiasco, and we were thankful for that. Clare, Sivan and I made a bee-line for the front row, but the stupid VIP ticketholders took our center spot. Losers who said they “worked soooo hard to get these spots.” BS. You paid extra money, we’ve barely slept and been at the venue since 8:30. Oh well, our spot was better in the end. Mika was always over by us. :biggrin2:

I was wondering about the VIP thing! When we were in line I assumed they had balcony seats or something. I hoped it was balcony seats :aah:. I was surprised when they went straight for the barricade.

I could probably quote your report a hundred times to say what I liked haha, but I'll just say that it was awesome to read! Thanks for going into so much detail!

He looked tired but happy and someone (don’t remember who) asked Mika how he was feeling. He smiled and said “I’ve been better” in that adorable accent of his.

it was ME that asked him :)

finished rading! great report!

Edited by Sivan

what a great report!! really enoyed reading it, especially the parts I quoted:wub2:

Thanks!:wub2: Those were my favorite parts too. :teehee:

This part cracked me up...:roftl: It was like punch after punch reading it.

Hahaha, yeah. We couldn't have planned a funnier moment.:roftl:

I was wondering about the VIP thing! When we were in line I assumed they had balcony seats or something. I hoped it was balcony seats :aah:. I was surprised when they went straight for the barricade.

I could probably quote your report a hundred times to say what I liked haha, but I'll just say that it was awesome to read! Thanks for going into so much detail!

We did too! It was balcony seats at the Palladium.:sneaky2: That was kinda annoying...but oh well, we all got awesome spots anyways.:biggrin2:

it was ME that asked him :)

finished rading! great report!

OH OK. I wasn't sure. Thanks. I knew other people would remember other details. See, you DID talk to him a little bit...:biggrin2:

Hahaha, thanks. When it's all you think about, its easy to write about. This whole thing is much easier and more fun than school essays. :bleh:

Goodnight. :huglove: Miss you.

Lovely report! I'm sitting in Calculus class right now, and I could not stop laughing! Everyone thinks I'm insane. Excellent! I miss that day... So much fun! Thank you for capturing it in such an excellent report :wub2:

Lovely report! I'm sitting in Calculus class right now, and I could not stop laughing! Everyone thinks I'm insane. Excellent! I miss that day... So much fun! Thank you for capturing it in such an excellent report :wub2:

Hahaha, glad to give you some entertainment in math class.:teehee:

I miss that day too...wishing I could rewind time right about now. Thanks! I had a lot of fun writing it.:biggrin2:

TAYLOR!

I just quoted your post like a million times, but seriously, there are just too many parts that I liked. Let me just say that that was EPIC!

Love it! :wub2:

Hahaha :huglove: Thank youuuu. Well that weekend was epic, sooo it only makes sense.:naughty:

Missing everyone already...wishing there was another California gig on the horizon...:blink:

That's a fantastic report Taylor. I need you at all my gigs because I can't remember anything. :naughty:

Thanks so much you guys for getting those cards together, especially the big one from everyone in the queue. It was a great idea. On the Snoopy card I said something about life imitating art and now he really is the One Foot Boy but who knows when he read it. I'm sure everyone was calling him OFB on Twitter all day anyway.

If it's any consolation with those VIP wristband holders...they were all waiting in the upstairs area before we were led down. A couple of guys saw us and started making faces and whispering "Who are they??" :shun:

I assumed that their VIP wristbands got them into the meet and greet but security came along and told them to get out. :lmfao:

They caught wind that Andrew had passes and started making up some nonsense about being on the MFC RSVP list, basically saying whatever they thought Andrew wanted to hear to get the right wristband.

Unfortunately for them their blagging didn't work and they got kicked out. :teehee: