2009 - REPORTS/VIDEOS/PHOTOS for Oct. 24 Mika in Oakland, CA at Fox Theater

dcdeb

That's a fantastic report Taylor. I need you at all my gigs because I can't remember anything. :naughty:

Thanks so much you guys for getting those cards together, especially the big one from everyone in the queue. It was a great idea. On the Snoopy card I said something about life imitating art and now he really is the One Foot Boy but who knows when he read it. I'm sure everyone was calling him OFB on Twitter all day anyway.

If it's any consolation with those VIP wristband holders...they were all waiting in the upstairs area before we were led down. A couple of guys saw us and started making faces and whispering "Who are they??" :shun:

I assumed that their VIP wristbands got them into the meet and greet but security came along and told them to get out. :lmfao:

They caught wind that Andrew had passes and started making up some nonsense about being on the MFC RSVP list, basically saying whatever they thought Andrew wanted to hear to get the right wristband.

Unfortunately for them their blagging didn't work and they got kicked out. :teehee:

:lmfao: Thanks. I'm more than willing to be the official Mika gig reporter...:naughty:

I'm really happy the card idea came together and that we got the opportunity to get them together. Hee hee, One Foot Boy is a nickname that will stick with him for long time.

HA. Now that's karma. Silly people. Everyone wants to be with us.:naughty: I'm not too bitter about the VIP people really though, we all still got great spots.:biggrin2:

guys...i want another weekend like that!!!

u know.... if Mika ever goes to Israel...i decided that IF he does it on 2010....i want to go for my 30th birthday... i HAVE to... :blink: i just hope that if it happens its when i have time off.... im SO scared he will go and i wont be able to...seriously a nightmare of mine...

We drove and drove, only stopping to switch drivers and get some food at Denny’s (Clare got the chicken strips in honor of Jimmy) and to get some gas. Haha, now that’s a story. Brittany pumped the gas while Clare, Sivan and I went to the bathroom. We walked in and this drunk guy with a pizza was like “Hey girls wanna party?” We didn’t reply. Instead we reviewed again how to say “One Foot Boy” in Hebrew since Sivan had taught us earlier. We asked the cashier where the bathroom was and the same guy from before said “Oh NOW you’re not speaking Spanish,” to which Clare replied “Actually, it’s Hebrew.” :aah: So the bathroom was about 30 feet away from the main building, and the three of us got to it, Clare opened the door to the women’s bathroom to only hear a distressed “No no no!” come from inside. Someone was in there. A GUY was in there. We were already a little delirious but this sent us over the edge and we started laughing uncontrollably. The guy from the men’s restroom comes out to see us practically falling over laughing and says “Are you guys on drugs?” which only makes us laugh harder. I seriously couldn’t breathe. :lmao:

:roftl: :roftl: :roftl: :roftl: :roftl: :roftl:

This report almost does it justice -it was too funny for words! Especially since we were already so delirious and sleep-deprived and had gone through so much!!!

This report almost does it justice -it was too funny for words! Especially since we were already so delirious and sleep-deprived and had gone through so much!!!

:lmfao: That moment was such a perfect ending to the craziest weekend ever. We couldn't have planned it better ourselves.:roftl::lmao:

:lmfao: That moment was such a perfect ending to the craziest weekend ever. We couldn't have planned it better ourselves.:roftl::lmao:

:roftl: loved it and cant wait for another road trip!

I just found this video of Love Today, it's not the best one of the song, but you can see the amazing entire venure jumping action in it. It's at about 5:49. It looks so awesome! I couldn't even imagine it at the time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8e6LU0UnKcw

You can also see some MFCers heads throughout the video in the front row if you look close enough. Especially Lucy's glowing pink hair! :roftl: I love it.

I just found this video of Love Today, it's not the best one of the song, but you can see the amazing entire venure jumping action in it. It's at about 5:49. It looks so awesome! I couldn't even imagine it at the time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8e6LU0UnKcw

You can also see some MFCers heads throughout the video in the front row if you look close enough. Especially Lucy's glowing pink hair! :roftl: I love it.

Wow, it's amazing to see the entire audience jump up and down. :biggrin2:

^Sick! That is so fun to watch!! :biggrin2: thanks!

and yup, i hella saw me right away!!! :roftl:

See! Another reason i can't dye my hair! I wouldn't be able to find me in vids like this!:naughty:

Haha, and what would the rest of us do?? The only reason I could find myself was because I found your hair first, heehee! :wub2:

• 2 weeks later...

I know I'm a bit late with my report, but I'm only back from my trip to California since today!

It was one of the best Mika-days ... I know I say this every time, but it's only because it's getting better and better! Every time I think "next time can't be as good", he does it again :wub2:

First of all, the queuing part was nice ... it was sunny and we could go to the restroom at Sears (always important). Most of all it was amazing to meet all of you! The hours of waiting were very pleasant with you guys! I applied to be a big girl, but wasn't big enough according to Allison :aah: ... probably the first time I wasn't happy to hear that. BUT ... when I went with Mana to the see Allison, I saw Mika :mf_lustslow: After I saw Allison, I was going to go back to the queue, but Mana told me Mika was arriving soon (thanks again for that). I was surprisingly calm! He looked amazing and it all was very relaxed.

About the show: it was amazing to hear the songs of the new album live :boing: I LOVED One Foot Boy and Touches you! Another one of my favorite moments was when - during WAG - the whole audience was singing along and he laughed! You could feel the magic :wub2: ... (even my husband told me he thought it was an emotional moment) ... oh and the trumpet solo of SITM :mf_lustslow: The version of Happy Ending was the best one I've ever heard (thanks Nono for filming it)!

The M&G after the show was unforgettable for me ... thanks again Andrew for making this possible (and the other very engaged MFC'ers)!!! Normally I don't talk much when I see Mika ... I'm just standing there, smile and wait for him to sign something. I don't know why, but this time I couldn't shut up ... maybe it's because I was more sure about my English (which I practiced all day queuing with MFC'ers :wink2:) ... I don't know. When it was my turn I shook his hand and had my picture taken with him. Then he signed my t-shirt with an heart and "Mika x" (which my husband bought me before the gig). I told him I was here all the way from Belgium. He told me he was going to play in Antwerp and said that he's looking forward to it. I told him I already bought my tickets :blush-anim-cl: Then he asked me what I was doing in Oakland. I told him I was there on a vacation with Frederik, my husband. Mika then ask Frederik to join us for another picture :aah: When I let go he friendly squeezed my shoulder :wub2: (ok, now I'm too much of a fangurl :blush-anim-cl:). Frederik had my CD to sign. He asked me what my name was and when I spelled it out, he said "Katrien, so you much be Flemish". I told him that I liked Happy Ending so much and that he has to take care of his foot. He wished us a good trip and we took off.

I know this is very random, but for me it meant the world :wub2: it was amazing to have so much time with Mika. I like the way he always looks at you when you are speaking to him!

Afterwards we said goodbye to everyone ... again, it was so lovely to meet you all. Sara, thanks again for dropping us off at the hotel!

Sorry, if I'm being to fangirly, but after three weeks, I'm still on a Mika-high ... It was an amazing start of my holiday!

Edited by Guest