2009 - REPORTS/VIDEOS/PHOTOS for Oct. 24 Mika in Oakland, CA at Fox Theater

dcdeb

Check the Twitter thread - Mika knows the person and they are OK now

Ah! That's good to know. I can never keep up with that thread. :naughty: I was worried someone was going to try to hurt his career. : P

I don't think I was alive at this point...

MIKAOAKLAND112-2.jpg

Awww that's adorable!!!! :blush-anim-cl:

Oh that is a really cute picture!:wub2:

And the little naked man has swim pants on!:naughty:

It's Astro boy!! :biggrin2:

@ superstar: Lovely picture!! :wub2: and i loooove your dress!!

Ooh yeah! The Astro Boy was my gift to him. :wub2: It's so weird to see it around his neck!!

:mfr_omg: Your photo is amazing! You were pretty excited, eh. :teehee:

You look like a vampire girl ready to suck the pop tart's blood! :roftl:

Astro boy around His neck! :wub2:

I was THIS CLOSE.

No depression yet! I'm hoping I don't get it! I'm hoping that the only tears I got was after I first saw him! :fingers crossed:

Just found this tweet from the other thread:

imigcast: Guess where I'm at? @mikasounds http://dailybooth.com/u/vitt 6 minutes ago from API

That's meeee! In the pic! Wow!

Anyways, I'll put up some of my own pics right now!

We blew bubbles before the show!

DSCN0372.jpg

Favorite pic:

DSCN0410-1.jpg

DSCN0418.jpg

The foot didn't slow him down!

DSCN0392.jpg

The crutch:

DSCN0463.jpg

DSCN0745.jpg

Mika @ The Fox, pt. 1

fox_oakland_marquee2.jpg

I was expecting a good time to be had. Though after the dawn came around to my window, I have to say that my expectations evolved to a fun little adventure. Attitude is a part of that, but it was quite easy for everyone I met in the queue, stores, on the street, and theater staff were incredibly courteous and kind. Maybe something came over Oakland that day, people were just cool. It was a nice sunny day when I arrived in Oakland where I met some MFCers, putting the faces & names with our nicknames. Queuing went by fairly fast to me. It was accented with the game playing, Mika music, food, glow in the dark stuff and people stopping by asking who we were seeing. Our line was colorful so I don't think they could have resisted if they wanted to.

Gary Go had a cool vibe about them, he interacted with the crowd, and some of their songs were beautiful. Sounded like a stripped down Coldplay, vocal-wise. Funny shout out during their act when a man yelled out "You're cute". Gary Go answered back, "Say that again". Thanked the guy and said it was always nice to hear things like that.

Hearing all the songs live was a treat. They all branched out with sounds and variations you just don't get from the record. The intro of SITM always reminds me of Eye of the Tiger in a good way. It's amazing how much energy Mika put in this show, his foot didn't stop him from moving about. Sure he couldn't jump on that foot, but he sure hopped on the other one. He just improvised around it, making even cooler dance moves than I've seen from before. All of the band members were great in their own light too. They were so into it, singing and doing their moves with the crowd. I only took some footage of the start of the show which Alice posted already. It was more enjoyable for me to watch the concert without trying to record.

My parents joined in on the fun at the last minute and brought my 2 year old sister along since she admires Mika. And basically it was my little sister who introduced me to Mika, mind you she was around 8 months at the time. So it seemed fitting for her to see Mika cause she loves all his songs and vids. First it was Grace Kelly, Happy Ending, Lollipop, Blue Eyes, Rain, and lately it's been BIOTG. So she got a kick out of dancing to all of those especially Lollipop at the end with the balloons. Though when she first arrived, she cried at first but when Mika came on, she stopped, lol. It must have seemed like some trippy tv show at first. My mother said she literally just kept her eye on Mika the whole time, so everywhere he went, her eyes followed. I was told there were other young kids in the balcony too rocking out to Mika.

Now One Foot Boy is my favorite song, so that I was looking forward to and was pleased. I know I can't be the only one who thought it was too much irony when he was hopping around singing, "One Foot Boooyy One Foot Boooyy..." The song has always put a smile on my face, though now it will be a smile, smirk and laugh because of that visual experience. And all the songs became anthems with that audience. After the show ended, I asked some security guards how they liked it. Even they admitted that you couldn't help but feel uplifted if not just by the music alone. Cause when you're shouting out "Everybody gonna love today, gonna love today...love love me", it's quite powerful. Talk about an awesome session of therapy! Life was good before and this gig just made it a bit sweeter. If he comes around to the Bay Area again, you know I'll be there.

Edited by soulsalsa7

Mika @ The Fox, pt. 2

fox_mika_marquee.jpg

When the show ended, I met my parents on the floor and of course my sister wanted a balloon from Lollipop. So some nice security guards retrieved one that was stuck next to the Buddah statue. Soon after I went outside the theater to find Sarac to give her shirt. I didn't see her there so I made my way back inside to meet my family. I was stopped by security since re-entry wasn't allowed. I understood, they were following their orders. So I dialed up my father's cell to have him meet me outside. While I was doing this, another security guard asked me what I was doing to which I responded by saying I was just calling my parents to meet me. He asked why I just didn't go inside, I told him that re-entry was not allowed. There he managed to take on a CIA agent demeanor and motioned me to follow him. Which I did though he led me to the M&G group area which I didn't realize at first. Silly me, I was chatting away, "Oh is this another way to the floor...oh there's traffic here, I can just go the other way." The whole time I was talking away while he was motioning me to look to my side. It was then I realized that standing in the crowd of stationary people that they were waiting to meet Mika. Then, it was a smack to the head, "Oh, I get it". I tried to explain to the guard that I was actually trying to get to the floor but he couldn't hear me, he thought I was saying thank you and I did once I realized when he couldn't understand me.

I called my parents again, telling them where I was so I could get my little sister to go in the place of me. And yes another security guard stopped me, lol. She said I couldn't be there since I didn't have the wristband and she was right. So I was getting ready to leave when the previous guard told me to get one. In my mind, I was said, "How would I know, I'm just trying to get to my family, lol!" It was then I recognized a few MCFers from the queue earlier. StandardToaster, I believe, was right there and handed me one. So thank you guys for helping out a clueless girl. Figuring that I wouldn't be able to have my sister meet Mika, I called my father to bring me one of her shoes. It was a mini version of the embellished shoes Mika wears sometimes. He was on his way when we were being led underneath the theater, so we missed each other. Yes the story continues...

I was just waiting in the room where everybody was to meet Mika where I did find Sarac to give her Mika shirt. I was just going to have him sign my ticket for my sister though my parents managed to ask a guard from upstairs to bring the shoe down to me. I did get to meet Mika which was funny because it wasn't me who wanted to in the first place. When it came to my turn, John took my camera to take a picture and I turned to Mika. He just shook my hand and we said Hi. Before I could say anything else, he asked me what was "that" pointing to my top. I told him it was a body chain necklace. I went to his side to take a picture when John said to go to the other side since the lighting would be better. I was ready to take a picture when Mika asked what was "that" again, lol. I told him it was my little sister shoe. Then I realized he probably thought it was for him since I was just holding one little kiddie shoe, strange much. John came up to us and positioned the shoe so it could be shown in the picture. Got like a dude for trying to create a masterpiece. He snapped our picture. The last few people were already signaled for their turn so I didn't ask him to sign the shoe by the time I got my camera back. Plus he did seem a bit worn out, probably the painkillers wore off or so. It was quite hilarious and a bit awkward. I wouldn't have it any other way though. I walked out, laughed and realized I forgot about my sister's shoe and a Cinderella teacup ornament my sister was going to give him if there was going to be a M&G. Though it worked out fine as she was very amused seeing me and Mika in the same picture.

meeks.jpg

I just had to tell this story since it was like being led by some force even though I was on a mission to get somewhere else for the first half. :naughty:

Mika @ The Fox, pt. 2

fox_mika_marquee.jpg

When the show ended, I met my parents on the floor and of course my sister wanted a balloon from Lollipop. So some nice security guards retrieved one that was stuck next to the Buddah statue. Soon after I went outside the theater to find Sarac to give her shirt. I didn't see her there so I made my way back inside to meet my family. I was stopped by security since re-entry wasn't allowed. I understood, they were following their orders. So I dialed up my father's cell to have him meet me outside. While I was doing this, another security guard asked me what I was doing to which I responded by saying I was just calling my parents to meet me. He asked why I just didn't go inside, I told him that re-entry was not allowed. There he managed to take on a CIA agent demeanor and motioned me to follow him. Which I did though he led me to the M&G group area which I didn't realize at first. Silly me, I was chatting away, "Oh is this another way to the floor...oh there's traffic here, I can just go the other way." The whole time I was talking away while he was motioning me to look to my side. It was then I realized that standing in the crowd of stationary people that they were waiting to meet Mika. Then, it was a smack to the head, "Oh, I get it". I tried to explain to the guard that I was actually trying to get to the floor but he couldn't hear me, he thought I was saying thank you and I did once I realized when he couldn't understand me.

I called my parents again, telling them where I was so I could get my little sister to go in the place of me. And yes another security guard stopped me, lol. She said I couldn't be there since I didn't have the wristband and she was right. So I was getting ready to leave when the previous guard told me to get one. In my mind, I was said, "How would I know, I'm just trying to get to my family, lol!" It was then I recognized a few MCFers from the queue earlier. StandardToaster, I believe, was right there and handed me one. So thank you guys for helping out a clueless girl. Figuring that I wouldn't be able to have my sister meet Mika, I called my father to bring me one of her shoes. It was a mini version of the embellished shoes Mika wears sometimes. He was on his way when we were being led underneath the theater, so we missed each other. Yes the story continues...

I was just waiting in the room where everybody was to meet Mika where I did find Sarac to give her Mika shirt. I was just going to have him sign my ticket for my sister though my parents managed to ask a guard from upstairs to bring the shoe down to me. I did get to meet Mika which was funny because it wasn't me who wanted to in the first place. When it came to my turn, John took my camera to take a picture and I turned to Mika. He just shook my hand and we said Hi. Before I could say anything else, he asked me what was "that" pointing to my top. I told him it was a body chain necklace. I went to his side to take a picture when John said to go to the other side since the lighting would be better. I was ready to take a picture when Mika asked what was "that" again, lol. I told him it was my little sister shoe. Then I realized he probably thought it was for him since I was just holding one little kiddie shoe, strange much. John came up to us and positioned the shoe so it could be shown in the picture. Got like a dude for trying to create a masterpiece. He snapped our picture. The last few people were already signaled for their turn so I didn't ask him to sign the shoe by the time I got my camera back. Plus he did seem a bit worn out, probably the painkillers wore off or so. It was quite hilarious and a bit awkward. I wouldn't have it any other way though. I walked out, laughed and realized I forgot about my sister's shoe and a Cinderella teacup ornament my sister was going to give him if there was going to be a M&G. Though it worked out fine as she was very amused seeing me and Mika in the same picture.

meeks.jpg

I just had to tell this story since it was like being led by some force even though I was on a mission to get somewhere else for the first half. :naughty:

so, you won the golden ticket??

so, you won the golden ticket??

Oh, I didn't win it. Though there were other people who probably were golden ticket winners, etc. I got the wristband from MFC members for the fanclub M&G.

Found this video which sums the concert nicely

Does anyone have any pictures from Big Girl? I was one of the big girls and I'm unsure of the camera situation, like if any of us had friends in the crowds with cameras, so the only pictures I know exist are the ones we took while waiting around backstage.

I'm waiting to connect with the other girls on Facebook because I forgot the surnames of two of them *facepalm* but when I finally get in touch with them, I'm sure they'd like to see any pictures as well! =)

Anyway, I have a picture of me with Mika too but it's sort of bad quality because I only had my cell phone to take pictures with *facepalm again*.

9016_292663540260_650480260_9331510_818054_n.jpg

dunno if it has been mentioned, but i just remembered he did that jumping thing during love today again, just without the going down first - and he said "on 3 everybody jumps, including me!" - and everyone who was in LA was shouting at him "NOOO!!" - lol! :roftl: thankfully he was sensible and didn't do a very big jump. :bleh:

and at the start of love today with the high "hey girl why..." his voice sounded hoarse, so he had to do it again - was funny as he didn't find the right point to start again for a while. :naughty:

Edited by mellody

Firstly, Oakland? Really Mika? This town was like a ghost town and very...interesting. It was a so ghetto, but the Fox Theater was AMAZING! I'm in love with it.

I shall begin my reportage...

I woke up at 4:30-5am to catch mu first ever flight from LAX to San Francisco Airport with Christine, Mana, Andrew, Brittany, and Karin. We were all so exhausted, but we made it! I love flying! Then we had to take the Bart which is this train-like system that runs throughout SF and Oakland. After Mana, Andrew, and Karin entered, the doors closed before Brittany, Christine and I could get in. It was sort of funny. After about 20 minutes or so, another one came by and it took a while to get to Oakland, but we made it! We went to "check-in" at the venue first. Was great to see Kira and Indy (superstar and 77red) again! I was very excited for them since it was their first time seeing Mika. Also said hi to Clare, Taylor (lovempls, lollipopgirl83), and Sivan again who'd been driving all night from the LA gig to get there.

We left the queue for a bit to check in to our hotel and drop our stuff off, then went back to the queue. The thing about Oakland is that there are not very many shops or restaurants, so we went on a wild goose chase to try and find one. I had a veggie burger which I immediately regretted when I felt the familiar nausea start up again. Got back to the queue and waited around some. John was chatting to some of the girls when we came back. I love that man; he's hilarious. When his phone started ringing I automatically reached for my phone because I heard Mika, but then I see John pull out his cellphone and WAG is blasting from it :roftl:. Sarac came later and brought a bunch of fun things like silly string (he used some of it during the gig), glow necklaces, blacklight face paint, etc. Thanks for all the stuff, Sara! At around 4-6pm I became very nauseous, as usual, and called my mom. She recommended that I buy some medicine, and luckily there was a Rite-Aid by the venue. Brittany came with me and I bought some ginger gum and ginger ale. I didn't expect it to help, but by the time we were let in I felt much better! Thank God for ginger ale.

I was by the left side of the stage, along with Kira, Brittany, Indy, and Katrien. There was a photographer in front of us so I asked her if she'd be posting her pictures from the gig online. She said yes and that they would be on "SFsation.com" but I can't find anything like that. I'm most likely spelling it wrong. She took a picture of us though, so that was sweet.

After befriending one of the security guards, Gary Go finally came on. I don't know what it is, but I quite like him. Yeah, he's no Mika, but he sings a certain way that I really like which I refer to as "yell singing." I think it's how a lot of non-trained singers sing. I can't really explain it, but if you listen to Freddie Mercury or Keane then you might understand what I'm talking about. He talked to the audience a little bit, and during his song "Brooklyn" (I think it was that one) where he plays the song on his iPhone app, he accidentally exited out of it and was like "Oops, I closed the app!" and then he continued. I really love "Wonderful".

As everyone knows, the 30 minutes before Mika comes on and they're setting up the stage is the worst!

I was still trying to picture in my mind how Mika was going to perform with a sprained ankle, but low and behold, there he was in his astronaut costume, limping in the back of the stage. Ah, Bless him. He wore pants underneath it this time rather than boxers and I'm sure it was because of his bulky foot brace. Then 'Relax' begins and Mika comes running out like usual with his suitcase. I think we (at least, MFC) were all in shock at that point. He was moving around quite well despite the sprained ankle. He was being very cheeky though and kept raising his bad foot into the air. You could tell it was hard on him though because he was already dripping in sweat after two or three songs. We got lots of eye contact :wub2:. He made a joke about the miming accusation before SITM I think. He's quite upset about it, and I would be too if I were him. I don't want to go into a long rant, but I would just like to say that whoever said he was miming are complete ignorant f*ckers.

At one point I think Mika forgot he had a bad ankle and tried to stand on his toes, but immediately he looked at Erika and mouthed "Oww!" I wanted to slap him, as I'm sure all of MFC did. He needs to be careful! :no:

And during LT he made us all close our eyes and said "On the count of three you're all going to jump....including me" or something along those lines. The MFCers all shouted "NOOO!" That boy is a hazard to himself!

During 'I See You' my eyes started tearing up, which was kind of unexpected. At the LA gig I started to tear up during 'Toy Boy,' but this time it was 'I See You.'

WAG was amazing, of course. Definitely one of my favorites live! It's such a euphoric feeling to have a room of people yelling out this empowering message. It makes you feel like you can do anything.

Then Mika leaves and comes back to do GK, I think. I'm sorry to say it, but I wouldn't mind if he got rid of GK and BB from the set list. It might have something to do with the fact that they're so hard to sing and I'm jealous that I can't. I'd rather hear GGG, to be honest. :teehee:

During 'Lollipop' they released the big balloons, and Mika accidentally popped one when he kicked it with his studded shoes. Near the end, David (a.k.a. Sunshine) threw one over and I think it hit Kira in the face, but they made up via air kisses :das:.

I have a new ritual where I always have to ask for a cup of ice from the bar when the gig ends. It helps the nausea :naughty:

Andrew joined us at the front and gave MFC wristbands for the M&G. We were led to this basement under the venue in a room full of round tables. Some people were already there, and they kept looking at us with amused faces, ha.

Then Allison would call up table by table and they would form a line to meet Mika who was around the corner.

She saved MFC for last and I know I mention this in every gig report, but I love that woman. She's awesome, as are all of Mika Team, basically. Don't know about everyone else, but my "meeting" with him was very awkward. Usually I give Mika a hug when I see him and he hugs me back too, but this time he was sort of hesitant so I felt creepy. I looked at his foot and was just like "Mikaaa....:no:". I told him how I forgot the necklaces I made him in LA, but showed him pictures of them that Clare took on her camera and explained the concept of them. I think I asked him a few times "Are you okay?" in regards to his foot. I must have been annoying. I thanked him and started walking away, but John stopped me and asked if I wanted a picture and I said "Well only if he wants one..." and John was like "Of course!" Sure, John :naughty:

Since I was already holding Clare's camera, I just used hers to take it. Thanks, Clare! It took a few seconds to take it so Mika's arm remained on my shoulder. :teehee:

Then I said bye and told him I hoped he'd feel better.

The MFCers chatted outside the venue for a bit and then we said our goodbyes and headed back for the hotel. It was really great meeting you all. Seriously.

This part is not Mika-related, so if you have work you should be doing, feel free to stop reading my report now.

Kira, Indy, Christine, Mana, Andrew, and I all headed back to our hotel and parted ways with the two no-longer-Mika-gig-virgins Texans and went to bed. In the morning, Christine, Mana, Andrew, and I headed down to breakfast and later checked out of our hotel and got back on the Bart to get to San Francisco. After having gotten on the Bart and traveling a couple of miles, we found out we were going the wrong way. Poor Andrew will never hear the end of it, I'm sure. :roftl:

Eventually we made it to SF and found a bus to take to their hotel. We proceeded by walking around before they had to take me to the airport. What I've learned from SF: There are lots of HILLS. At the top it smells like piss and at the bottom it smells like sh*t. Literally. Or maybe it was just the part we were in. I thought I was going to die walking up that f*cking hill. However, when we finally made it to the top, there was a beautiful view of the Golden Gate Bridge. Then we walked all the way down and paused at the beach for a little. Time was going by quickly so we had to try and get a ride on the cable cars (is that what it's called?). They were taking too long so we just decided to catch a cab and went straight for the airport. It was a very emotional goodbye. I really wanted to stay with them and go to Seattle too, but I could only push my mom so far. My crying didn't really have all that much to do with Mika. It was my lovely Canadians I was sad to say bye to. Thank you guys again for everything. Best travel buddies ever! And congratulations on sending me back in one piece.

I pretty much cried the whole plane ride back.

It was really cool to see all the city lights from an aeriel point of view, though. Now I'm back home and missing everyone.

But yes, I'm am so happy I went. Mika is a shining light that will never burnout, that's for sure.

Oh God, now I sound like a music reviewer...

We blew bubbles before the show!

I didn't get to tell you this, but I love you guys so much for doing that! You helped cure my boredom, I was having so much fun popping those, haha.

So, here's my report. It'll be mostly rambles, so I apologize in advance.

I got to the venue at about 8:45am, so I knew the day was going to be long. It was really nice though, just hanging out with everyone. I knew a few of you guys by board name, and it was really nice meeting you all. <3

John came out during the day, and I was way too timid to even get up and speak to him. :/

Anyway, super fast forward to inside the show, I got right up to the barricade, a little left of center, popped bubbles until Gary Go came on and I thought he was really cool. I liked his guitarist's moustache. Also, with a name like Gary Go, I thought he'd be very dance pop, but that was not the case.

SO, after Gary Go leaves, they bring out the couch, and lamp, and TV and I'm pretty much salivating. This was my first Mika show, and it was so hard for me to wait those thirty extra minutes. At one point, Lucy (BangBangLou), Patty (pattycakes), and I began counting seconds. We counted for about seven minutes and then stopped, haha. That strategy didn't work as well as we'd hoped. But it was so exciting just knowing what was going to happen soon.

So, a bit after 9:00, the band comes out and does their AMAZING intro, I loved that so much. Also, didn't expect to see my favorite wizard Ian McKellen on the TV. That was quite a nice surprise. Then, the tv explodes and the curtains part and a man comes out in an astronaut costume (which we alllllllll knew was Mika :biggrin2:) and everyone's screaming and yelling and I think I was just in shock, that he was right there in front of me. He had on his foot brace, but didn't look that affected by it at first, and then he went of stage after de-astronauting himself, and Relax came on. He started singing off stage and then came on and...that was when I started screaming, and I did not stop until the end. I didn't even know I could scream that loud.

All I can really say is WOW. Seriously...there's nothing like seeing Mika. I mean, I knew it was going to be mind-blowing, but I guess I wasn't ready for it, because when the man came on, I lost my everloving mind.

After Relax, it was Big Girl, which is one of my favorite songs, and oh man, it was so great. This feeling of absolute happiness just washed over me and I was singing and dancing and screaming and it was just so much fun. He is such an amazing performer and with that boot on, wow!

Earlier, when I had heard that he hurt himself I expected him to be pretty stoic, or at least take it way easy, but he shocked me and danced like it wasn't there. I'm glad it didn't slow him down but I really hope that he didn't injure himself further, but he looked pretty okay...

Maybe I'm halluncenting, but I felt like we got a LOT of eye contact.

No, you weren't hallucinating. He was really engaged with the crowd. I didn't expect that. Gah, I keep saying "I didn't expect that" and I'm sorry this is so repetitive. I guess you can't expect anything at a Mika show except an amazing experience. But back to the eye contact...man. I don't know what it was, but that made me even more excited. I've been to shows where the bands just look out at the back wall of the venue, and it's not as fun, you don't feel as connected, but with Mika, you know he knows you're there and he gets really into it with the audience. I love that.

I, of course, embarrassed myself during Blue Eyes when I met his eyes and then stumbled on the lyrics. He smiled at me, but in my head I was like, "I know the words, Mika, I swear!" :aah: Other than that all other eye contact moments and connections with the crowd were lovely.

I loved the Blame It On The Girls crowd war, our side lost at first, but we came back with a vengeance. That was so much fun!

All of the songs were so amazing to hear live. I love the confetti before Rain, and I loved, loved One Foot Boy. I loved every song. Pick Up Off The Floor was so great to hear live. I had been watching the Life From Jools Holland video of that song forever and to see it live...amazing.

Love Today was amazing, there was such a great energy during that song. Everyone, including Mika, was jumping around like crazy (even though we all shouted at him not to!). I really liked when he stopped the song in the beginning and had to start over. So cute.

I loved We Are Golden, just because he seemes so happy that everyone was singing it with such passion. I think we sang more of that song than he did :biggrin2: and he just had this lovely big ol' grin on his face and he looked really happy, and that made me happy. Haha, and I like when he layed on the stage floor while we all sang, that was funny.

I could go on about the concert for hours, seriously, so I will wrap this part up by saying...man what can I even say. I don't think there's a word to describe how great this was. Great isn't good enough. It was supercalifragilisticexpialidocous to the infinite power. I will never forget this, my first Mika show is definitely going to be the first of I hope many more, because there's no way I can only see him once, and no show will ever top this. Ever. Unless all of my favorite musicians get together, even the dead ones, and do a free show in my living room. I'm pretty sure that's not happening. But even then, that'd be a really close second compared to Mika. I haven't been this happy in a while, and I'm so glad that it happened.

So after the show, we (Lucy, Patty and I) make our way to the merch booth and grab some stuff. We notice the group of MCFers grouped together, but we didn't know everyone in the club was invited (didn't get the memo), so we exited the venue. Patty and Lucy left and I went around to the side of the building to wait for Mika outside, I was prepared to wait forever, but it turns out I didn't have to. Met a few other MCFers (Sara, Alyssa and Nick) out there and we wondered about the meet n' greet and then Sara (Sarac) called Andrew and he came out and brought us inside to the meet n' greet.

-Thank you guys so much for that, Andrew and Sara.

So when we got down to the basement, everyone else was already there and I saw Mika standing in the hallway, and it took me a minute to realize it, and then my brain was like, "That's Mika." We were brought into the room where the line started and I was like, "I'm going to meet Mika. This is insane." I got out the present I made for him (a mubbin necklace, sans Mubbina because she broke :sad:) and then I waited in line, fretting too much about what I was going to say.

When it was my turn to go up...man. Hah, I don't even know. Okay, so Mika said hi to me and then I said, Hi. I told him how wonderful the show was, I told him it was better than Prince and his eyes got a little wide, and then I gave him the green chinese take-out box, which he opened. He read my card and we talked about how I was from Denver and then he got to the necklace and he liked it and said his sister was going to freak, and I said I'd make her one and then I said something about mubbina not being there and he said it was okay and made a joke and we laughed and then we posed for the picture (Thank you SO much Alyssa for letting me use your phone camera!) and he gave me a little squeeze then I went to leave, he said "Travel safe" and I thanked him again and said that I hoped his ankle felt better and then he smiled and then I left.

As I was leaving the basement, it all came down on me, and I just felt...wow.

He was so nice and lovely, and I can't believe how lucky I was to meet him. He's a really special guy. He seemed pretty tired but he still did that for us, and I think that's so amazing.

I saw him again when I was waiting outside for my ride. I thought about getting something signed, but I just watched from afar. Then I went home and went to bed.

This experience almost didn't happen for me for many reasons and I'm so glad that I made it out to the show (from Denver) and that it was so wonderful. It was all that I had hoped for and more, and I am so grateful for that, to Mika, to John, to the MFC, to everyone there, to the universe for making everything perfect...I can't wait to do it all again.

Mika & I:

mikaandme.jpg

Edited by Cherol

love reading all your reports! especially the m+g part, as he met everyone individually - which felt a bit strange actually, ok that way everyone got more time with him, but i feel more comfortable to be in a small group of ppl than just going up to him on my own. gladly, alison sent mana, christine and me to him at the same time, so i had my small group in the beginning. :bleh:

anyway, it's great to hear how the m+g went for everyone else and what you talked about with mika! :biggrin2:

ok here's another one of my videos, it's most of touches you:

there you can see some of his one legged dance moves. :wink2: and i absolutely LOVE his moves for the line "whatever else that touches you", it's so simple but so totally sexy, genius!! :mf_lustslow: have to restrain myself from watching that video over and over again, just for those parts. :naughty:

and sorry for the shaking. just can't stand still during that song. :naughty:

I have some videos as well, but I'll probably upload them tomorrow. For some songs I only recorded the intro, verse, and chorus because I wanted to enjoy most of it through my eyes and not my camera screen :naughty:

love reading all your reports! especially the m+g part, as he met everyone individually - which felt a bit strange actually, ok that way everyone got more time with him, but i feel more comfortable to be in a small group of ppl than just going up to him on my own. gladly, alison sent mana, christine and me to him at the same time, so i had my small group in the beginning. :bleh:

anyway, it's great to hear how the m+g went for everyone else and what you talked about with mika! :biggrin2:

ok here's another one of my videos, it's most of touches you:

there you can see some of his one legged dance moves. :wink2: and i absolutely LOVE his moves for the line "whatever else that touches you", it's so simple but so totally sexy, genius!! :mf_lustslow: have to restrain myself from watching that video over and over again, just for those parts. :naughty:

and sorry for the shaking. just can't stand still during that song. :naughty:

Ooh yummy :drool::teehee:

Thanks for sharing! Was great meeting you :wub2:

and yes, I love the dance moves too :aah: