2009 - REPORTS/VIDEOS/PHOTOS for Oct. 24 Mika in Oakland, CA at Fox Theater

dcdeb

seeing that not much has been posted since i was here yesterday, i uploaded one of my vids for you - where he talks about the pain killers, mentions the miming accusation, and the intro of SITM:

and here's my gig outfit for yesterday, flower power in san francisco! :bleh:http://twitpic.com/mwraq

thanx so much to andrew and alison for the m+g organization :huglove:, and a big wave to all the lovely MFCers i met in LA and oakland, you were fab! :biggrin2:

Wow, that miming thing really got to him. :no:

He's looking good, thanks for the video, mellody :flowers2:

Thanks so much for the great video Melody!!!!

AMAZING energy! You can tell this was really a special show! P.S. Love your flowers!

Also amazing that Mika is such an outrageously disciplined & divinely consitent performer, that someone actually thought he was miming/lipsynching...

seeing that not much has been posted since i was here yesterday, i uploaded one of my vids for you - where he talks about the pain killers, mentions the miming accusation, and the intro of SITM:

and here's my gig outfit for yesterday, flower power in san francisco! :bleh:http://twitpic.com/mwraq

thanx so much to andrew and alison for the m+g organization :huglove:, and a big wave to all the lovely MFCers i met in LA and oakland, you were fab! :biggrin2:

Thx for the vid :flowers2: Looking forward for te rest :thumb_yello:

Omg, my heart was just melting when I saw this.:blush-anim-cl:

Even though he has a hurt foot he walks around and moves all the time, he has so much energy in him!

And this song, every time he performs it he adds something new!:wub2:

I will never get tired to hear it, I couldn’t stop myself from making an mp3 of it :teehee: and I really wish you had record the whole song!

Maybe when you get home in piece and quiet you could take a look? Please!:wub2:

Oh and you gig out fit was lovely! Flower power!:thumb_yello:

Thanks for the reports :wub2:

Love Today live was also amazing. That is a huge song, and to see it in actuality, was amazing. Jumped around like an MFCer. And Blame It On The Girls!! He spent a LOT of time over at our part of the stage! There was one part where he looked RIGHT at me, and Brittany just said "that was your moment".

This really made me smile. :biggrin2:

It was surreal to hear it NOT coming from the speakers NOT coming from the TV, but right there, in front of me. I am in the crowd, it's not a video, it's for real.

Gave John my camera, walked up to the man himself. I was like "hi Mika" and then was like :drool: and :shocked: WHAT do I SAY!!! And he was like "oh, I saw you from the front row!" And then he saw my Astroboy necklace, and was like "oh, I love your astroboy!" And I was like "YES, this is for you!!!" And he said something like "that's amazing, and put it on. His sleeve touched me while I was putting it on, and THAT is when I knew he was real.

And for the picture, he just pulls you in really tight like you've known eachother for forever. I can't believe that he HELD me, right there. Got the picture, wow, said something about how we had flown in from Texas, and left. Shook, a lot.

WOW ! I'm so happy for you and Indy :wub2: I hope that in future I can have a day like yours :wub2:

Wow, that miming thing really got to him. :no:

He's looking good, thanks for the video, mellody :flowers2:

I feel so bad that he was accused of miming. It sucks who did it too because I looked at their profile and I guess they're into magazine publications or something along those lines. He could do some damage. :( People need to learn to not be jealous of others success and accomplishments! :sneaky2:

I feel so bad that he was accused of miming. It sucks who did it too because I looked at their profile and I guess they're into magazine publications or something along those lines. He could do some damage. :( People need to learn to not be jealous of others success and accomplishments! :sneaky2:

Check the Twitter thread - Mika knows the person and they are OK now

(I am sorry that this is really ridiculously long and fangurly! I've never written one before, so this is big. Here we go:)

There's a reason that people compare a Mika gig to losing your virginity. Now, I've never lost my virginity before, but I think the ups and downs, the rush of excitement and all of those happy-acids in your mind is much the same.

Let's begin....

First off, this morning my sister Indy (77red) and I ate at little cafe in Oakland. I was wearing my Mika shirt (for the second day in a row, haha) and our waiter was like "MIKA!!!" Turned out he was from France, and had gone to a show on the summer tour last year of France. He said it was on the beach.... "it is so faaaan, so so so so faaaaan!" He wasn't going to the show tonight, but he gave us his email address so we would send him pictures.

Got back to the hotel around nine-15. Got all ready, made sure we had everything, and started walking to the venue. Got there at 9:40 and met with BangBangLou (Lucy) and posse, and (don't know username) Clare was absolutely dead tired, but gave us numbers anyways. Settled down, met Patty (Pattycakes) and conversed. It was so exciting! First queue ever!

Established a safe bathroom spot at the Sears down the street. Worked out really nicely.

The LA-fliers turned up about 10:15, and we walked with them back to the hotel to drop off stuff. Let me just say that Mika fans are the best, THE ABSOLUTE BEST, and I enjoyed spending time with all of you.

Dropped off stuff, chatted with Christine (christine) in the lobby, then walked back to the venue. Sat down, got everyone settled. By now, the queuing just turns into a big mush--12 hours will do that. At one point I walked around with Sara (sarac) and Karin (mellody), talked to security who was all really nice.

Met JOHN! THE JOHN! That was insane! He was so nice--and his ringtone was We Are Golden. :roftl: He was so nice and amazing, sorry if I'm getting incoherent.

At one point I wandered back to the back of the venue around the time Mika's flight was supposed to get in, just to chat with security, etc. There were a few Mika fans back there with a CARE PACKAGE that we had made him! And so I talked to them for like two minutes....and then this car comes up and a guy inside was like "the taxi is coming."

And the taxi pulled up... and I just saw this mess of fluff hair in the passenger side. Oh, my, god. This is IT. They pulled into the gate, and Mika gets out of the car. It was the saddest thing ever! John handed him his crutches, and he tried to walk, but ended up walking on his foot :aah:

I was totally in shock at this point. You know how everyone says that he looks a hundred times more handsome in person? Well, they are ****ing right. His eyes, and his dimples.... :teehee:

I just stood at the back while everyone else talked to him. He started walking off (Andrew (standardtoaster) told him 'Good luck'...got a death stare), and I just had to get out of there. So I ran to the sidewalk back towards the gig and just started crying like a maniac.

It's weird to see someone who has been such a massive part of your life for...ever really. And to see him, and to hear his voice NOT coming out of speakers, I was out of my mind. I numbered some people and managed to keep it together, but then whenever I thought about him I would just go to pieces.

Shoutout to MANA (lollipop_monkey). Wow, this woman is amazing. We took a biiiig walk around the venue, and she just talked it out with me. WOW. Wonders, I tell you, absolute wonders.

Queued and queued and queued. The line started getting long, we had SUCH a hard time finding big girls though! Eventually got some. Oh, and that sickness that Nono *fmbm) gets before gigs. IT SUCKS.

For me it felt like I was pregnant or something... It was like half an hour til doors and we were standing up, and I just felt awful.

The entrance was a little chaotic; they told us that there would be three lines and there ended up being four. You just had to run to a line, get in, run to the stage. The Fox Theater is GORGEOUS. It was a movie theater in the 20's, and they renovated it for a long time. And now, it was beautiful.

Stood in the front left with Nono and Brittany (daydreambeliever). Felt like trash. Blew bubbles to the audience, couldn't tell if we were pissing people off or making them happy. Talked with the security and a photographer who took a pic of us for the sftastic.com or something, so we'll keep an eye out for that.

Mr. Gary Go came on, and he was gooood! He is REALLY into the songs, and I liked the lyric changing that he did. We were still blowing a few bubbles when he came on, and he commented on that!!!

The last 30 minutes are THE WORST. I felt like someone was ringing out my insides... just like I NEED MIKA. They brought out the orange couch... brought out the lamp... WOW.

The band started coming on. Jimmy sat down, then Martin (who is awesome), then David? Did David come out? Ericka, then Cherisse, who was adorable. They watched the cartoon, Ian McKellen talked, the curtain went up, wow.

There is this dude stepping up in a space suit. I was like "that's not Mika. There's no way that--" and then he looks to the side and the crowd just LOSES IT. Took off a glove...then the head....and then dropped the suit off!!!!!! OIWJEROIOIJ#$JIORJIRO. (He wasn't wearing WAGboxers tonight, I'm guessing the pants change would be hard with his boot. Wondering how he got those pants on in the first place..)

And then he left the stage and the Relax music started. It was still a dream right then. "Took a ride...." WHERE IS MIKA "Took a ride....." AHWEH@#I#@I "Took a ride....." and then THERE HE WAS. Limping out like the most absolutely gorgeous thing that you have ever seen ever.

The acoustics at this gig were great, but there is really nothing human about that voice of his. It was surreal to hear it NOT coming from the speakers NOT coming from the TV, but right there, in front of me. I am in the crowd, it's not a video, it's for real.

It started becoming real in Big Girl. Really started to settle in. Maybe I'm halluncenting, but I felt like we got a LOT of eye contact. I had a space helmet, and I think he noticed that too.

There was one point where Martin was playing and I waved at him, and he did this little eyebrow raise at me. And the Ericka was laughing about my helmet... the band is amazing. They're all so nice and family-like.

So the big thing about this show was, of course, the boot. After Big Girl, he talked about how we all had to dance so he wouldn't look like a complete pratt, or something. But seriously, he was NOT prattlike in the slightest. I didn't even notice half to time that he HAD the boot on! He definitely limped around a lot, and jumped on one foot a lot (:lol3:), but the energy was the same. WOW.

We Are Golden live is one of the wonders of the world, I swear. That way probably my favorite. He just smiled and smiled when we shouted the words back to him! It was such a feeling.

Love Today live was also amazing. That is a huge song, and to see it in actuality, was amazing. Jumped around like an MFCer. And Blame It On The Girls!! He spent a LOT of time over at our part of the stage! There was one part where he looked RIGHT at me, and Brittany just said "that was your moment".

Anyone who's ever been to a Mika gig before probably knows that it changes your life. And it does. I now have a definite best day of my life, ever, hands down, period, exclamation mark, etc.

Caught a lollipop balloon! Had to pop it though, because I was afraid that it was getting in everyone's way. We waited around in the venue with the MFC, and Andrew, that miracle man, had gotten us a meet and greet. We all got wristbands and headed over to the left side of the lobby.

I saw Gary Go talking to some dude, and I was like "why not, I'm going to go for it." So I walked up, shook his hand, told him that the show was great, and asked him about meeting Pianogirlsammy and Sheerah16 in NYC. At first he didn't know what I was talking about, but then he was like "OH YEAH! I SIGNED THEIR PHONES! THAT WAS SO WEIRD!" And I was like... sign my phone? :das: Unfortunately, it was black, and so was the sharpie, but Gary got a big kick out of it being like, a secret agent code or something.

Indy was yelling at me to get my patoot over there, so I said goodbye and headed over to the m&g line. We walked down this really sketchy stairway, into an underground hallway!!! Exciting. Went into a little room with four round tables, and lined up at a wall.

Eventually, people started lining up and going out the door. I was like "mika is RIGHT on the other side of the wall" and it made me have to pee. :naughty: Lined up, near the front...just wow. You could peek around the corner, and there he was, just wow. He was wearing just jeans, a white button-up shirt, and a bright blue sweater. His jeans had a very interesting fly pattern.... :teehee:

Gave John my camera, walked up to the man himself. I was like "hi Mika" and then was like :drool: and :shocked: WHAT do I SAY!!! And he was like "oh, I saw you from the front row!" And then he saw my Astroboy necklace, and was like "oh, I love your astroboy!" And I was like "YES, this is for you!!!" And he said something like "that's amazing, and put it on. His sleeve touched me while I was putting it on, and THAT is when I knew he was real.

And for the picture, he just pulls you in really tight like you've known eachother for forever. I can't believe that he HELD me, right there. Got the picture, wow, said something about how we had flown in from Texas, and left. Shook, a lot.

We were herded back up to the venue floor, waited around for the MFCers to come up. They all got up (we have some FUNNY stories about Mika happenings) and we went outside. Said goodbye to everyone :tears: and headed back to our hotel with four others.

Took some pictures in the lobby, said our goodbyes on the elevator... going to miss everyone THIIIIIIIS MUCH!

PGD hasn't set in yet, thank the lord.

But really, I would not have changed a THING. It was easily the best night of my life.

Wow. :wub2:

Sorry about the incoherent-ness, it's 3 in the morning Texas time.

Thank you to everyone and thank you to mfc and thank you to MIKA. I wouldn't have had it any other way.

Lovely report, thanks so much, I enjoyed reading it. When you said "Andrew (standardtoaster) told him 'Good luck'...got a death stare)" what do you mean? Was Mika pi**ed off?

Lovely report, thanks so much, I enjoyed reading it. When you said "Andrew (standardtoaster) told him 'Good luck'...got a death stare)" what do you mean? Was Mika pi**ed off?

Yeah! You never, ever ever ever tell Mika "good luck" before a show--he's SO superstitious. So Andrew got a death stare. :roftl: