2009 - REPORTS/VIDEOS/PHOTOS for Oct. 24 Mika in Oakland, CA at Fox Theater

dcdeb

love reading all your reports! especially the m+g part, as he met everyone individually - which felt a bit strange actually, ok that way everyone got more time with him, but i feel more comfortable to be in a small group of ppl than just going up to him on my own. gladly, alison sent mana, christine and me to him at the same time, so i had my small group in the beginning. :bleh:

anyway, it's great to hear how the m+g went for everyone else and what you talked about with mika! :biggrin2:

ok here's another one of my videos, it's most of touches you:

there you can see some of his one legged dance moves. :wink2: and i absolutely LOVE his moves for the line "whatever else that touches you", it's so simple but so totally sexy, genius!! :mf_lustslow: have to restrain myself from watching that video over and over again, just for those parts. :naughty:

and sorry for the shaking. just can't stand still during that song. :naughty:

Ah! That's a great video, I love that. Thanks for posting it.

seeing that not much has been posted since i was here yesterday, i uploaded one of my vids for you - where he talks about the pain killers, mentions the miming accusation, and the intro of SITM:

and here's my gig outfit for yesterday, flower power in san francisco! :bleh:http://twitpic.com/mwraq

thanx so much to andrew and alison for the m+g organization :huglove:, and a big wave to all the lovely MFCers i met in LA and oakland, you were fab! :biggrin2:

thanks for the vid Karin!!! Love the SITM intro it kinda reminds me of classical music:wub2:

your outfit is super cool:biggrin2:

t4p:thumb_yello:

I don't think I was alive at this point...

MIKAOAKLAND112-2.jpg

really cute pic!!!

During 'Lollipop' they released the big balloons, and Mika accidentally popped one when he kicked it with his studded shoes.

I CAUGHT THAT ONE!:aah:

Oh and may I say that twas I who came up with the whole "One Foot Boy" nickname in LA, which carried over to the Oakland gig...AND his card. Which I shall go into detail later.

Brief synopsis:

-Me, Clare (lovempls) and Sivan (well..Sivan:naughty:) arrived around 8:00am (after running into his tour bus for the third time) and got to the queue around 8:30.

-Queue-ing was fun...a few minor mishaps, but overall very good.

-MFC care package (which is an American term claimed Mika) with character bandaids and half and half and the MFC thank you card, was personally delivered to Mika by the three aforementioned girls right as he arrived in his van taxi from the airport. more details, but he promised us a great gig before he left to get ready

-and BOY did he deliver. Best gig ever...he is unstoppable. Like imma said, he hopped like a mother****er indeed. His energy was, if possible, bigger than the LA gig.

-definitely cried during I See You and We Are Golden live is the greatest feeling on earth. Mika's pure happiness is the best drug ever. He was so genuinely happy, you could tell.

-So, Mika for sure made eye contact with us three amigas (Clare, me, Sivan) at LEAST once per song. He looked right into my eyes on the "I live for glitter, not you." My favorite line of the song, I about died.

-caught the balloon he popped and took a pic with one of the planets that fell down. :naughty:

-post gig m+g. First off THANK YOU to Andrew and Mana who made it happen, and to Allison and John. Allison let the MFC go last...and Clare, Sivan and I went very last...because we had a card for him that said "Feel Better Mika. Sorry you're a One Foot Boy. Love your Oakland queue" and we had a good 170ish people sign their name and where they were from. We gave it to Mika and he LOVED it. His expression when he saw all the names was so amazing. He was so happy.:biggrin2: John took pics of us giving it to him and group and individual shots. We chatted with Mika for quite a few minutes, the three of us, and he even kept talking to us when John tried to hurry him up and as he walked (or should I say, hobbled/hopped) away.

As long as this is...this is brief. So much happened, but I have neither the time nor the patience for a full report yet.

Again, thanks to the mods, Allison, John, and most importantly, our One Foot Boy himself. He gave us the best gig ever, even with a strained ankle, and took the time to see us afterwards. What you do for us Mika, we cannot thank you enough.:wub2:

Now, how do I return to the real world?...:blink:

As everyone knows, the 30 minutes before Mika comes on and they're setting up the stage is the worst!

I was still trying to picture in my mind how Mika was going to perform with a sprained ankle, but low and behold, there he was in his astronaut costume, limping in the back of the stage. Ah, Bless him. He wore pants underneath it this time rather than boxers and I'm sure it was because of his bulky foot brace. Then 'Relax' begins and Mika comes running out like usual with his suitcase. I think we (at least, MFC) were all in shock at that point. He was moving around quite well despite the sprained ankle. He was being very cheeky though and kept raising his bad foot into the air. You could tell it was hard on him though because he was already dripping in sweat after two or three songs. We got lots of eye contact :wub2:. He made a joke about the miming accusation before SITM I think. He's quite upset about it, and I would be too if I were him. I don't want to go into a long rant, but I would just like to say that whoever said he was miming are complete ignorant f*ckers.

I know what you mean about the miming thing. I've been thinking about it after watching Karin's vid where Mika mentions the miming acusations. Maybe the person who wrote that didnt mean it but that comment even if it was meant to be a joke was really unfair.

Anyway I really enjoyed reading your report Nono!!!

-post gig m+g. First off THANK YOU to Andrew and Mana who made it happen, and to Allison and John. Allison let the MFC go last...and Clare, Sivan and I went very last...because we had a card for him that said "Feel Better Mika. Sorry you're a One Foot Boy. Love your Oakland queue" and we had a good 170ish people sign their name and where they were from. We gave it to Mika and he LOVED it. His expression when he saw all the names was so amazing. He was so happy.:biggrin2: John took pics of us giving it to him and group and individual shots. We chatted with Mika for quite a few minutes, the three of us, and he even kept talking to us when John tried to hurry him up and as he walked (or should I say, hobbled/hopped) away.

that is really adorable:wub2::wub2:

cant wait to see the pics that John took!!

the idea to make a card was super sweet:wub2: so glad you got to give it in the m&g:wub2:

haha, thanks!:biggrin2: we came up with the idea at like 3am on the drive over from LA...our delirious crazy minds served us well.:naughty:

me too. again, we can't thank the mods and managers enough for getting it for us.:wub2:

haha, thanks!:biggrin2: we came up with the idea at like 3am on the drive over from LA...our delirious crazy minds served us well.:naughty:

me too. again, we can't thank the mods and managers enough for getting it for us.:wub2:

i know. mod team and team mika are true stars!!!

I didn't get to tell you this, but I love you guys so much for doing that! You helped cure my boredom, I was having so much fun popping those, haha.

yes, it helped a lot!! I kept accidentally slapping Patty's hand going after the same bubbles.:aah: I wanted tha bubbles!!!!

At one point, Lucy (BangBangLou), Patty (pattycakes), and I began counting seconds. We counted for about seven minutes and then stopped, haha. That strategy didn't work as well as we'd hoped. But it was so exciting just knowing what was going to happen soon.

well we counted to 60 7 times but it wasn't quite 7 minutes! :aah: haha apparently we need to add the "Mississippi"

So after the show, we (Lucy, Patty and I) make our way to the merch booth and grab some stuff. We notice the group of MCFers grouped together, but we didn't know everyone in the club was invited (didn't get the memo), so we exited the venue. Patty and Lucy left and I went around to the side of the building to wait for Mika outside, I was prepared to wait forever, but it turns out I didn't have to. Met a few other MCFers (Sara, Alyssa and Nick) out there and we wondered about the meet n' greet and then Sara (Sarac) called Andrew and he came out and brought us inside to the meet n' greet.

-Thank you guys so much for that, Andrew and Sara.

So when we got down to the basement, everyone else was already there and I saw Mika standing in the hallway, and it took me a minute to realize it, and then my brain was like, "That's Mika." We were brought into the room where the line started and I was like, "I'm going to meet Mika. This is insane." I got out the present I made for him (a mubbin necklace, sans Mubbina because she broke :sad:) and then I waited in line, fretting too much about what I was going to say.

When it was my turn to go up...man. Hah, I don't even know. Okay, so Mika said hi to me and then I said, Hi. I told him how wonderful the show was, I told him it was better than Prince and his eyes got a little wide, and then I gave him the green chinese take-out box, which he opened. He read my card and we talked about how I was from Denver and then he got to the necklace and he liked it and said his sister was going to freak, and I said I'd make her one and then I said something about mubbina not being there and he said it was okay and made a joke and we laughed and then we posed for the picture (Thank you SO much Alyssa for letting me use your phone camera!) and he gave me a little squeeze then I went to leave, he said "Travel safe" and I thanked him again and said that I hoped his ankle felt better and then he smiled and then I left.

BAH! I wish i could have stayed with you but eh, im okay. I guess everything happens for a reason and i'll meet him some day.

But yay, I'm so happy you got to give him your necklace! I really hoped he would get it once you showed them to me! Its the cutest! Thanks again for my Drinky necklace! :wub2: :wub2:

And it was fun just seeing you againl!! You are the sweetest, its refreshing. Its been too long, hope to hang soon!

-------------------------------------------------------

ANNND....

BEST SHOW EVER.

the end.

This morning i woke up feeling the pain from the bruises on my arms and it feellltt so GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD! :wink2:

here are some pix i took of mika with his crutch!

crutch.jpg

crutch2.jpg

BAH! I wish i could have stayed with you but eh, im okay. I guess everything happens for a reason and i'll meet him some day.

But yay, I'm so happy you got to give him your necklace! I really hoped he would get it once you showed them to me! Its the cutest! Thanks again for my Drinky necklace! :wub2: :wub2:

And it was fun just seeing you againl!! You are the sweetest, its refreshing. Its been too long, hope to hang soon!

ANNND....

BEST SHOW EVER.

the end.

This morning i woke up feeling the pain from the bruises on my arms and it feellltt so GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD! :wink2:

Next time you will!

You're very welcome, I'm glad you liked the necklace! My Astor one is so broken, haha so I'm going to have to make another one. Maybe next time I'll make a lot and just give them out. If people like the Mubbins that much...I hope they do...we'll see.

I loved seeing you too! It had been way too long. Let's not wait until another great show comes along. :naughty:

My arms are completely bruised too. I keep hitting things and it hurts until I remember how I got them. But maybe I'll try to reign in the arm movement next time. I doubt I'll be in control though :aah:

I love the crutch pictures! I really liked when he did the helicopter thing with it around his head. :biggrin2: Did you get any video?

I don't know how anybody manages to take pictures and video at a Mika show. Mine would all be mad blurry if I tried.

your pics are fab!! t4p

thanks! np!

Next time you will!

You're very welcome, I'm glad you liked the necklace! My Astor one is so broken, haha so I'm going to have to make another one. Maybe next time I'll make a lot and just give them out. If people like the Mubbins that much...I hope they do...we'll see.

I loved seeing you too! It had been way too long. Let's not wait until another great show comes along. :naughty:

My arms are completely bruised too. I keep hitting things and it hurts until I remember how I got them. But maybe I'll try to reign in the arm movement next time. I doubt I'll be in control though :aah:

I love the crutch pictures! I really liked when he did the helicopter thing with it around his head. :biggrin2: Did you get any video?

I don't know how anybody manages to take pictures and video at a Mika show. Mine would all be mad blurry if I tried.

poor astor. =P How long did it take you to make the 6 you brought?

haha yes, lets not! Buuuuuuut if that turns out to be the case, i'll def. see you next year. (mika? afee in spring? who knows :teehee: )

no, no videos. I only took like 20 pix during the show. I'd pull my camera out take 3 quick pix and throw it back in my bag. There was the little divider on the barricade sticking out right next to me so i could hang my purse on there and grab my cam in and out...that wasn't any important info but it was nice. :naughty:

I know what you mean about the miming thing. I've been thinking about it after watching Karin's vid where Mika mentions the miming acusations. Maybe the person who wrote that didnt mean it but that comment even if it was meant to be a joke was really unfair.

Anyway I really enjoyed reading your report Nono!!!

Tha chap Mika responded too claims his twitter account was hacked and he didn't - and wouldn't ever - say it - he has been a supporter of Mika - Mika has accepted this - it's all in the twitter thread :thumb_yello:

Tha chap Mika responded too claims his twitter account was hacked and he didn't - and wouldn't ever - say it - he has been a supporter of Mika - Mika has accepted this - it's all in the twitter thread :thumb_yello:

i saw that on twitter. really glad this thing is over.

How kindergarten! Man is not responsible for their words. First he said and then began put the blame on a nonexistent hacker

How kindergarten! Man is not responsible for their words. First he said and then began put the blame on a nonexistent hacker

I am not so sure about this.

Mika even at the first tweet was not sure what was going on as this fellow has always promoted Mika in the best light.

If Mika believes him why shouldn't we give him the benefit of the doubt?

INCREDIBLE CONCERT!!!!!!!!!! :biggrin2: :biggrin2: :biggrin2:

I have been staying away from youtube videos, pictures, and reviews for the entire US tour so far so that I would be surprised at this concert, and let me tell you, although it was super hard not to peak at those videos, it was WELL worth it!! This concert was AMAZING and everything was a surprise!!!

First of all Mika's voice was SOOOOO good and he was dancing and moving all over that stage more than I had expected with that huge boot! It definitely did not slow him down, it was great! He was AWESOME!!!

I loved all the stage decor with the planets from the ceiling and loved all the black lights! It was almost kinda scary when the band's eyes were covered in black light paint and when the lights went off all you could see were their eyes!

I thought the whole briefcase thing with props inside was so much fun!! I loved how he would go back to it to see what he had inside the case... and especially LOVED the giant teapot that ran across the stage!! That was SOO cute!!

I was wondering though, has Mika only done private meet 'n greets this tour? Or has he come outside after the shows to see people?

I had a question about the opening act, Gary Go (I think)....at one point during his performance he was using his phone I think to do something as he was singing...it looked like he was texting with his thumbs!!

I couldn't understand what he was saying before hand, does anyone know what he was doing up there?? :blink:

I am not so sure about this.

Mika even at the first tweet was not sure what was going on as this fellow has always promoted Mika in the best light.

If Mika believes him why shouldn't we give him the benefit of the doubt?

To Mika does not want bad relations with people, He is a peaceful guy.

what is the benefit of the doubt? so can justify any.

I had a question about the opening act, Gary Go (I think)....at one point during his performance he was using his phone I think to do something as he was singing...it looked like he was texting with his thumbs!!

I couldn't understand what he was saying before hand, does anyone know what he was doing up there?? :blink:

it must be some application for the iphone where you can play keyboard. don't know what it looks like as i don#t have an iphone, but he created the music with his iphone... the 2nd guy only did the backing music. love the idea of using the iphone as a keyboard on stage, so funny! :roftl: and he messed up at one point, probably accidentially hit the close button or something, as he had to start it again. :naughty: