2009 - REPORTS/VIDEOS/PHOTOS for Oct. 24 Mika in Oakland, CA at Fox Theater

dcdeb

Has this review been posted?

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/10/26/DDQI1AAGVQ.DTL&type=music

:wub2: That sounds like our boy :wub2:

Especially loved this part:

Unlike so many contemporary performers who seem to feel the need to distance themselves from their audience, at almost every turn, you see Mika bending toward his fans, stretching his arms out as if trying to gather them in his embrace.

So true!:wub2:

Has this review been posted?

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/10/26/DDQI1AAGVQ.DTL&type=music

:wub2: That sounds like our boy :wub2:

no, it hasn't thanks! :wub2::wub2::wub2:

Unlike so many contemporary performers who seem to feel the need to distance themselves from their audience, at almost every turn, you see Mika bending toward his fans, stretching his arms out as if trying to gather them in his embrace.

so did I :fangurl:

Unlike so many contemporary performers who seem to feel the need to distance themselves from their audience, at almost every turn, you see Mika bending toward his fans, stretching his arms out as if trying to gather them in his embrace. Like an old British music hall star, he's out to entertain and nothing will stop him.

So incredibly true. I swear we got eye contact from that boy in EVERY single song.:mf_lustslow: This guy knows what he's talking about, not like the palladium reviewer.

So depressed :emot-sad::tears:

:huglove: PMD and PMFCD is no fun. We've decided we need a SoCal reunion day ASAP. We all don't live that far away from each other.

Thanks everyone for the lovely reviews! I was going to post when you guys started reporting and had quoted a few posts, but now they ended up being too many to quote :naughty: so I won't.

It's wonderful reading such excited and elated reports, and it certainly sounds like it was a fabulous gig. I'm also so happy for you all, that the m&g went ahead this time.

Oh and Nono, I absolutely ADORE those 'MFC smiley' necklaces that you made, they are incredible!!!!!!! You must send them to Mika!!!

Anyway, thank you all, it's been really nice reading these. And what a star that Mika is, carrying on like such a trooper with one good foot only :naughty:, poor thing.

Hi everybody! I'm finally back to reality here in Atlanta, and it suuucks! That was an incredible show, and it was lovely to meet you all. I'm still working on getting everything uploaded, bc my computer hates me, but I'll post vids and pics soon.

I was wondering though, has Mika only done private meet 'n greets this tour? Or has he come outside after the shows to see people?

He came outside after the meet and greet at this show! From what I hear, he comes out a lot. It just takes a little while.

:huglove: PMD and PMFCD is no fun. We've decided we need a SoCal reunion day ASAP. We all don't live that far away from each other.

YES PLEASE! I'd love that :wub2:

Thanks everyone for the lovely reviews! I was going to post when you guys started reporting and had quoted a few posts, but now they ended up being too many to quote :naughty: so I won't.

It's wonderful reading such excited and elated reports, and it certainly sounds like it was a fabulous gig. I'm also so happy for you all, that the m&g went ahead this time.

Oh and Nono, I absolutely ADORE those 'MFC smiley' necklaces that you made, they are incredible!!!!!!! You must send them to Mika!!!

Anyway, thank you all, it's been really nice reading these. And what a star that Mika is, carrying on like such a trooper with one good foot only :naughty:, poor thing.

Aw, thank you, Sara :wub2:

You'll be happy to know that on the plane ride there, Mana and I were both like "I wish Sara was coming" :naughty: