Mika's backing vocalist 'iMMa' - exclusive Mika blogs!

iMMa

oh she is she really goes for it onstage lol I like how she does that, cos it means she aint just going through the motions but enjoying herself yeeey, (she also has an awesome sense of humour dont you think?) :thumb_yello:

Exactly! Also, she's really sweet to the fans--all this fame hasn't gone to her head. You can tell because she interacts with the audience really well, and she wrote me back on Facebook! That was a big deal :blush-anim-cl:

more than likely they seem to work as a team in some of their adventures lol. :teehee:

Well SOMEONE had to film to human bowling! :naughty:

i was kind of disgruntled by Sam and Saraynade leaving, but well, i LOVE iMMa! Shes so awesome in so many ways.. i hope she stays with mika forevs :wub2:

She's great with Mika, and I want her to stay, too!

On the other hand, her solo stuff is awesome. I hate to say it, but that voice is too good to be on backing vocals forever. Sorry Mika. :naughty:

She's great with Mika, and I want her to stay, too!

On the other hand, her solo stuff is awesome. I hate to say it, but that voice is too good to be on backing vocals forever. Sorry Mika. :naughty:

Her vocals on Happy Ending during that German show. :mf_lustslow:

DIVA. Love it.

Her vocals on Happy Ending during that German show. :mf_lustslow:

DIVA. Love it.

Ooh, good find! I was actually looking for a recording where you can hear her really clearly. Vancouver was great for that; maybe it was the sound combined with being on that side of the stage, but I could hear iMMa's vocals along with the bass parts really well. :punk:

I LOVE the way she just rocks it out during Happy Ending! Don't tell Mika, but I'd love to hear a recording of iMMa covering that song. :wub2:

Ooh, good find! I was actually looking for a recording where you can hear her really clearly. Vancouver was great for that; maybe it was the sound combined with being on that side of the stage, but I could hear iMMa's vocals along with the bass parts really well. :punk:

I LOVE the way she just rocks it out during Happy Ending! Don't tell Mika, but I'd love to hear a recording of iMMa covering that song. :wub2:

what was that show called? I wanna youtube it :naughty:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Ok, so some of us went to see her gig last night and she was truly amazing. What a voice!! So powerful and at the same time delicate. She really is quite something.

I video'd all the songs so here they are. The last two are still pending, I will put them up tomorrow.

iMMa - Walking @ The Cuban in London, acoustic set 120110

iMMa - Cats And Dogs @ The Cuban in London, acoustic set 120110

iMMa - God Send @ The Cuban in London, acoustic set 120110

iMMa - I'm Just A Nobody @ The Cuban in London, acoustic set 120110

iMMa - Puppet On A String @ The Cuban in London, acoustic set 120110

iMMa - Denial @ The Cuban in London, acoustic set 120110

iMMa - Envelope Kisses @ The Cuban in London, acoustic set 120110

Watch them, she is incredible!!! I find that her style (vocally) is like a mix betweek Shakira and Kate Bush :naughty:. Not that one needs to define people comparing them to others, but the minute she started singing, that is what just came to my mind.

Anyway, enjoy!!

Ok, so some of us went to see her gig last night and she was truly amazing. What a voice!! So powerful and at the same time delicate. She really is quite something.

I video'd all the songs so here they are. The last two are still pending, I will put them up tomorrow.

Watch them, she is incredible!!! I find that her style (vocally) is like a mix betweek Shakira and Kate Bush :naughty:. Not that one needs to define people comparing them to others, but the minute she started singing, that is what just came to my mind.

Anyway, enjoy!!

Thank you, VideoQueen!:thumb_yello:

Just seen the first, her voice is amazing...:shocked:

And you videod a lot...wow...tnx!:wink2:

I LOVE this song. I take it she didn't do Poison Eyes or Chasing Heroes? I guess those aren't exactly ideal for an acoustic setting, but they're my other faves. :wub2:

That venue looks really cool. Did I hear someone say that was in Camden? I <3 Camden.

i love iMMa :wub2: as well i meet her at mikas gig in austrlalia the sydnet gig

i really wanted to say hii to her when she walked over to me and talked and posed of a picture and signed stuff for me

thanks iMMa you are :wub2: amazing

Anyway, enjoy!!

O.o. Thanks! :huglove:

I got to talk to Imma breifly in Sydney.. she had a awesome London accent.. I want her accent :fangurl:

Thank you, VideoQueen!:thumb_yello:

Just seen the first, her voice is amazing...:shocked:

And you videod a lot...wow...tnx!:wink2:

Yeah, her voice is really amazing, it's very powerful. You just don't see it when she's doing the backing vocals, but when she sings by herself it's so obvious :wub2:.

She was telling us that she was also a kiddie opera singer, a bit like Mika.

I LOVE this song. I take it she didn't do Poison Eyes or Chasing Heroes? I guess those aren't exactly ideal for an acoustic setting, but they're my other faves. :wub2:

That venue looks really cool. Did I hear someone say that was in Camden? I <3 Camden.

No, she didn't do those two, but you know, I'm having with her the same usual problem that I always have with good artists: once I hear them live, I can't really listen to the recorded stuff. I have to listen to the live stuff, because I much prefer that :blink:.

And yes, the gig was in Camden. In a little Cuban (supposed to, anyway) place tucked into the Stables area. Right next to Proud.

I also love Camden too, but we were saying on the night that sometimes the vibe can be a little bit dogdy if there aren't many "normal" people around. But when there's a good vibe, I love it. It's so vibrant :thumb_yello:.

Anyway here is the full list of videos now:

Rate and comment on youtube please!

And yes, the gig was in Camden. In a little Cuban (supposed to, anyway) place tucked into the Stables area. Right next to Proud.

I also love Camden too, but we were saying on the night that sometimes the vibe can be a little bit dogdy if there aren't many "normal" people around. But when there's a good vibe, I love it. It's so vibrant :thumb_yello:.

Tell me about it. I ended up wandering the streets of Camden at 1:30am during the Tube strike last June. :aah:

It didn't feel unsafe then, though just...erm...eccentric? :roftl:

The first time when I truly appreciated iMMa's vocals was when I heard her sing the ending of "Happy Ending" at the Baden-Baden concert. What a diva voice she has.

I love what she brings to Happy Ending. I find myself focusing on her diva vocals now in most live recordings. :wub2:

Immas playing in Camden on the 26th of February, for anyone who might be around for the Mika gig on the 28th. :thumb_yello:

Oh wow, the day after Mika's gig in Birmingham, no? Go on MFCers, go show the poor tired girl some support. :naughty:

I really enjoyed listening to her voice yesterday (an interview and an acoustic set). What a lovely voice she has, I went immediately to iTunes to find Cats and Dogs, it was my favorite.

I'm sorry I can't go to her gig on 26th Feb, I will arrive on 27th!

Sara, thanks for the links, I'll go watch them :thumb_yello: