REPORTS/VIDEOS/PHOTOS for MIKA at Little Noise Sessions in London 18-11-2009

Christine

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, to expand on what I said before, this gig was truly stunning, amazing and magnicent!!!

Mika was totally on form this evening, and the addition of the Kings Singers was awesome!

By the Time was spellbinding, Over My Shoulder more haunting than usual, and Any Other World, top class. But the icing on the cake was Toy Boy, with the bass singer getting the "maybe you'd be better with a Barbie Girl" line. That cracked everyone up, and got a HUGE round of applause!

Mika did fluff up the second verse of Blue Eyes, but it was so funny, everyone laughed, including him, and he just carried on.

We got the "trumpet" solo, during SITM, which was very funny. If fact I don't think I've ever laughed at a gig so much as I did tonight.

Aside from getting my pic with Jo Whiley, will post as soon as Silver gets it downloaded, afterwards, got to quickly chat to Mika.

First and this will be of interest to Netina, the clogs!

I asked when we would be getting them, and he said "one day". I then asked him where they were, thinking they might be in some godforsaken place, he replied "in a drawer at home, under my socks!!!". I'm thinking we may never see them, but I'll keep reminding him in February, maybe by the time he gets to Bristol, they may appear, ha ha!

Secondly, and this may interest Bexxy and Sandi, the filming from 2007, especially the roadtrip. He has used bits of the stuff he did of me, in some of the vlogs, which I've seen, the rest, he said will appear in time. And the stuff from the roadtrip, I was told "will appear one day" This kind of worried me slightly, as he said it with a bit of a grin and and a tease in his voice. The guys just out and out torturing me with this!LOL!!!

Anyway, for the first time ever, I have videos, of By The Time, Any Other World, and Over My Shoulder, and some photos, which I will load up tomorrow afternoon.

Edited by RAK1

maybe he wanted to show everyone that it was fine again :naughty:

happy to hear you had a good time! :huglove: and strange about the meeting... :blink: sounds like he was just signing some stuff then, and not having time to chat? how many fans were waiting after the show?

He was mostly signing, but he did chat something with people too. Quite many people, and not any queue, just people in a group. It was very late, it was when he was leaving (and he had an afterparty before that). I couldn't talk with him in Paris so I was hoping I could say something in London. Well, maybe some other time.

Those King's Singers are really good. Mika said he is nervous because they can sing so well. He did very well though :wub2: He did more than 8 songs I think. As Rose said, Toyboy with King's Singers was excellent :wub2:

Hi All,

Quick report from the airport (spending the night here)...

He sang (without exact order):

Grace Kelly (with KS) - it was absolutely amazing and best arrangement ever.

Lady Jane (with KS) Mika didn`t hit first note right:teehee: but made up for it later. Never sang it so well, I guess..

Stuck In the Middle

Rain (with KS)

Billy Brown

By The Time (with KS)

Over My Shoulder (with KS)

Blue Eyes

Any Other World (with KS)

We Are Golden

Love Today

encore:

Toy Boy (with KS) :swoon: Great arrangement and Mika performed it immaculately again

Lollipop (end with KS)

I think the guys from the Kings` Singers were just as amazed as any first time Mika concert goer. They were enjoying it and kept looking at the audience in disbelief. I swear I saw one of them turn to the other one saying "it`s amazing". You can check it out from videos later, perhaps. I think it was after Grace Kelly and Chris said it ot Philip.

sorry, my time ran out, will be back later today I guess...

Edited by suzie

Hi All,

Lady Jane (with KS) Mika didn`t hit first note right:teehee: but made up for it later. Never sang it so well, I guess..

Stuck In the Middle

Rain (with KS)

Billy Brown

By The Time (with KS)

Blue Eyes

We Are Golden

Love Today

encore:

Toy Boy :swoon: Great arrangement and Mika performed it immaculately again

Lollipop

I think the guys from the Kings` Singers were just as amazed as any first time Mika concert goer. They were enjoying it and kept looking at the audience in disbelief. (I swear I saw one of them turn to the other one saying "it`s amazing". You can check it out from videos later, perhaps. I think it was after Grace Kelly)

Thx :flowers2: Take care so long!

Looking forward for the vid. :thumb_yello:

Hi All,

Stuck In the Middle

Rain (with KS)

Billy Brown

By The Time (with KS)

Blue Eyes

We Are Golden

Love Today

encore:

Toy Boy (with KS) :swoon: Great arrangement and Mika performed it immaculately again

Lollipop (end with KS)

I think the guys from the Kings` Singers were just as amazed as any first time Mika concert goer. They were enjoying it and kept looking at the audience in disbelief. I swear I saw one of them turn to the other one saying "it`s amazing". You can check it out from videos later, perhaps. I think it was after Grace Kelly and Chris said it ot Philip.

Thanks, suzie! And tiibet! You all had quite the show, then! :biggrin2:

Safe travels home!

I definitely agree (actually about everything)! Thank you for the setlist, Suzie :wub2:

My time is running out too...

Wonka there are 30 on the link I posted, you can copy and paste if you like:wink2:

Just saw your link after i posted...:thumb_yello:

The other REX site doesn't take private emails so i couldn't register anyway...:dunno:

1041392j.jpg1041392k.jpg1041392h.jpg

What is that? his foot?

1041392c.jpg1041392r.jpg

His bad foot in Louboutin's red soles...Were those the Red Mika new ones from last night?

I definitely agree (actually about everything)! Thank you for the setlist, Suzie :wub2:

My time is running out too...

Thank you, tiibet and Suzie for reports!:thumb_yello:

And you Angel for snapping those pics...:wink2:

Can't wait for videos...and Rose!:teehee:

A couple of things I forgot, during ToyBoy, Martin at one point, started swaying along from side to side, which I thought was really cute.

And I saw Cherisse leaving and got a hug.:wub2: I remembered to say happy birthday to her, she said thanks, and I told her my birthday was just before hers, she asked me when, I told her the date and she said great, and something else I didn't quite catch:naughty:

I reported so early it's got missed in this thread :sad:

11:42pm

"Hi all

I 'm on the train home. Couldn't stay for M&G so don't know if there was one.

Concert was amazing- Mika looked ecstatic- excited to be singing with the Kings Singers They were fabulous - the arrangements were very well done. Fantastic to hear just voices - in parts there were no drums,guitar,piano - just voices

Best arrangements were By The Time and Any Other World and Over My Shoulder.

Mika was in stunning voice "

There you go :thumb_yello:

Glad you had such a great time! Thanks for checking in :biggrin2:

Also just saw this on twitter, from Paul****sheet:

@mikasounds That was a truly special gig at union chapel tonight Kings Singers great also. Thanks for taking time to say hello to young Dan

naectegale @Paul****heet hello :bye: Glad you enjoyed @mikasounds gig. I was there too. He's a bit special, isn't he :-) 36 minutes ago from web

:lmfao:

Is this the grungy man from the m*ming blog? I thought we weren't gonna mention him again on MFC?

And he was there last night? And he loved it??:boxed: