REPORTS/VIDEOS/PHOTOS for MIKA at Little Noise Sessions in London 18-11-2009

Christine

I KNEW IT'D BE HIM!!!:teehee:

There was a guy in the second row (press section) with his son and I remembered that I found a 2007 Mika gig review from Paul K. in which he mentions how much he enjoyed the gig with his son, Daniel.

HE WAS SINGING AND ENJOYING HIMSELF!!!

(P.S. I am absolutely sure he had nothing to do with that malicious tweet and last night he actually had the chance to clarify it with Mika in person...)

I think it is pretty funny how we have adopted his name as Paul****sheet but actually it is hit sheet. :roftl:

He definitely owed Mika a good tweet or several after that.

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this the grungy man from the m*ming blog? I thought we weren't gonna mention him again on MFC?

And he was there last night? And he loved it??:boxed:

This is the guy who said his account was hacked - that Mika responded to with surprise - they are sorted now. He got a lot of flack from Mikafans, including me (who made a rude anagram of his name :blush-anim-cl:) But all is forgiven now - he likes Mika :thumb_yello:

"Mika is the center of attention as he leaves Islington's Union Chapel after performing a special "The Little Noise Sessions" gig for the Mencap Charity. The stylish curly-haired pop star kept his outfit bright with a neon wristwatch, skinny tie, solid red belt, and gold shoes to top it all off."

http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/MZYiZQ2JVfD/Mika+center+attention+after+gig+Mencap+Charity/tUjjyD_YURr/Mika

mikacenterattentionafte.jpg

I can't agree more with everything that has been posted so far, what a magical evening.

Just about everything to do with this gig was perfect, the venue, the atmosphere, the acoustics, the harmonies, the set list and the vocal performances were all second to none. The only blemish on a perfect night was the cameraman who decided to block our view on all of the 'sit down' songs, That was only a minor irritation though, it just gave us more time to soak up the ambience and see what else was going on while we were being whisked away by MIKA's voice.

Loved some of the little anecdotes he slipped in between tracks like the lady with the newspaper he saw on the tube to Angel who inspired Blue Eyes and the fact he f**ked up 'Over My Shoulder' when he sang it there a few years ago and he'd always wanted to come back and do it right one day (and he certainly did last night)

LOVED it when he did the 'MFC Rain Dance'

He did it with a real twinkle in his eye, and it was SO obviously for the benefit of the MFC.

I hope MIKA gets all the recognition and success he deserves and he continues to grow as an artist and play to big audiences all around the world but I also hope he continues to support causes like MENCAP and slip in the odd intimate gig like last night, I feel so lucky to have been there.

It was lovely to meet up with the usual crowd and also some new MFC'ers too, thanks for taking the time to come over and say hi.

Oh, and Rose....so glad you got your picture taken with Jo Whiley, we saw your face as you walked away and you looked so happy, it was lovely to see :thumb_yello:

Is it February yet?

Edited by Jesterkevin

"Mika is the center of attention as he leaves Islington's Union Chapel after performing a special "The Little Noise Sessions" gig for the Mencap Charity. The stylish curly-haired pop star kept his outfit bright with a neon wristwatch, skinny tie, solid red belt, and gold shoes to top it all off."

http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/MZYiZQ2JVfD/Mika+center+attention+after+gig+Mencap+Charity/tUjjyD_YURr/Mika

That smile and the way his hair is.... Love it!! :wub2:

Gold shoes? I must be blind... :blink: They look more black to me...

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG.

One of the best gigs ever. MORE SEATED GIGS MIKA.

This will be quite brief as I am trying to put the vlog together (yes yes, I know you all love me for it, no need to all jump on me and squeal excitedly, hahaha!)

Jimmy recognised me because of my script and shook my hand ^^ He called him Doctor BreadSTEEN...and I was like, oh, I call him BreadSTINE...and he was like "well i dont know if he's jewish or not" and I thought WTF? :aah:

For all of you who read my MFC scripts, I actually went on the hunt for squirrels :aah:

The gig was amazing...Mika was NOTE PERFECT on Over My Shoulder...By The Time was beautiful...I filmed more of the gig than I did vlogging lol..:roftl: But I tried.

Gave Mika the AstroBoy poster and he went "AAAAWWWW!! Yaayyy!!" (NO WORD OF A LIE) and then he started talking about Bill Nighy because he's promoting it, how Mika has Astroboy as his screensaver...and he also signed the CD for my mum (I surprised her, I didn't tell her I was taking it lol)

That's it really...just gotta wait until the vlog!!

What a night !!

I can't add much more to that, I felt exactly the same way about this gig, it was an honour to be there for sure.

I am glad I wasn't the only one moved to tears by "Over My Shoulder."

I know it probably seems a bit exsessive, but I'll try to expain why.

you're sat there, in this beautiful building with it's hauntingly stunning lighting. The sound carries up way into the rafters (or w/e they are called), you're being entertained by a beautiful young man looking so sophisticated, while he etches out the finer details of his voice FOR US. It's kinda watching him at work, making such an amazing job of crafting every detail of his voice and the unbelievably beautiful sound it; (mingled with the K.singers) made, that got me, I was in total awe at that and found it soooo moving, even remembering it gets me.

It's like I just totally appreciated his talent (not that I don't always anyway), but it was kinda harnessed and performed IMHO to perfection on OMS it left me speechless, teary,:blush-anim-cl: grateful & very proud of him. :wub2:

I also noticed how much concentration he had as if he wanted it to be as perfect as he could make it, and it probs took more concentration directing the rest of the band and K.singers, he succeeded too.:wub2:

I am sorry I didn't take any video's and only about 4 pics, I feel guilty for not getting any since I was in a perfect spot, but I didn't want to block ppls view with my naff camera in the air, and I also couldnt bring myself to miss a single second of this gig by thinking about filming it, I really just wanted to soak it up, it was too special to spoil it (and I knew it's gonna be on tv soon too with better quality).

I enjoyed the other acts too, and Alex Gardner has a lovley voice (I liked his guitarist in the glasses cos he seemed to be really "into" what he was doing).

Afterwards we chatted to Alex and his drummer outside and said how much we liked them, and he told us he went to watch Mika upstairs and said he was totally amazing, he complimented his voice highly and his stage presence and peforming skills and said that Mika is the first person to have got the audience to participate so much (up and dancing and having a really good time etc,he said). :biggrin2:

(unfortunaley we got interviewed for the tv, hopefully they wont show me cos I tried to not say much lol), I'm not good at that kinda thing really.

Lastly, I waited with everyone else until MIka came out, I could see the stage door was crammed so I waited near his car, I didn't want anything from him I already have things signed and have given up on a pic with him now lol, I just wanted to make sure I gave him the little gift bag with the USB stick with our 9 missing WAG vids on and the notes people sent me for him and a note from me to say don't bother looking at it if you have already seen them.

So I DID manage to thrust it into his hand, I just said "can I plz give you this", he said "sure, thanks" or summit like that and I made myself scarce while Fanny hugged him and spoke with him.

So you guys, I did give him it, soat least he has another chance to see em if he aint already. :thumb_yello:

PS, why can't all gigs be so respectful like this one was, everyone took cue's from Mika and the band, we clapped when they wanted us to, stood up and danced when they wanted us to, sat down respectfully to listen and enjoy to the full the slower songs, laughed at his little jokes etc, it was just wonderful....*sigh*

PPS. my goodness I DID add a LOT more oops lol.

Edited by sparkly1

Thank you for your reports for us who couldn't be there.

The few vids that I have watched are brilliant & amazing!

I can't wait to see & hear a really good quality vid of By The Time.

In this incredible venue with the King Singers I can only imagaine how really beautiful it was.

Kudos to Mika & the King Singers!

Congrats to Mika for reaching another milestone in your career!:clap::clap:

thanks everyone for all the beautiful reports!! this was such a special gig:wub2:

First and this will be of interest to Netina, the clogs!

I asked when we would be getting them, and he said "one day". I then asked him where they were, thinking they might be in some godforsaken place, he replied "in a drawer at home, under my socks!!!". I'm thinking we may never see them, but I'll keep reminding him in February, maybe by the time he gets to Bristol, they may appear, ha ha!

my oh my:shocked:

cant believe he actually answered about where the clogs are!!!

Here are the only pix I took ( I deleted about 3 really BAAAD ones lol) and took no vids (sorry).

PS. Donal walked in front of me while I was sat in my seat, he looked down at me & I smiled cos I "knew" him, he smiled back (confirmation that we "knew" each other lol), then I realized WHERE from lol :blush-anim-cl:

PIX

mmmmm niiiice

PB180789.jpg

Love his facial expression on this one :thumb_yello:

PB180793.jpg

probs my best one

PB180794.jpg

smiling like he means it

PB180795.jpg

doing some signing for fans afterwards, (not me I didnt ask for anything lol).

PB190797.jpg

What a night !!

I can't add much more to that, I felt exactly the same way about this gig, it was an honour to be there for sure.

I am glad I wasn't the only one moved to tears by "Over My Shoulder."

I know it probably seems a bit exsessive, but I'll try to expain why.

you're sat there, in this beautiful building with it's hauntingly stunning lighting. The sound carries up way into the rafters (or w/e they are called), you're being entertained by a beautiful young man looking so sophisticated, while he etches out the finer details of his voice FOR US. It's kinda watching him at work, making such an amazing job of crafting every detail of his voice and the unbelievably beautiful sound it; (mingled with the K.singers) made, that got me, I was in total awe at that and found it soooo moving, even remembering it gets me.

It's like I just totally appreciated his talent (not that I don't always anyway), but it was kinda harnessed and performed IMHO to perfection on OMS it left me speechless, teary,:blush-anim-cl: grateful & very proud of him. :wub2:

I also noticed there wasn't quite as much eye contact as at other gigs and I am sure this is because he was crafting his work with such precision he wanted it to be as perfect as he could make it, and it probs took more concentration directing the rest of the band and K.singers, he succeeded too.:wub2:

I am sorry I didn't take any video's and only about 4 pics, I feel guilty for not getting any since I was in a perfect spot, but I didn't want to block ppls view with my naff camera in the air, and I also couldnt bring myself to miss a single second of this gig by thinking about filming it, I really just wanted to soak it up, it was too special to spoil it (and I knew it's gonna be on tv soon too with better quality).

I enjoyed the other acts too, and Alex Gardner has a lovley voice (I liked his guitarist in the glasses cos he seemed to be really "into" what he was doing).

Afterwards we chatted to Alex and his drummer outside and said how much we liked them, and he told us he went to watch Mika upstairs and said he was totally amazing, he complimented his voice highly and his stage presence and peforming skills and said that Mika is the first person to have got the audience to participate so much (up and dancing and having a really good time etc,he said). :biggrin2:

(unfortunaley we got interviewed for the tv, hopefully they wont show me cos I tried to not say much lol), I'm not good at that kinda thing really.

Lastly, I waited with everyone else until MIka came out, I could see the stage door was crammed so I waited near his car, I didn't want anything from him I already have things signed and have given up on a pic with him now lol, I just wanted to make sure I gave him the little gift bag with the USB stick with our 9 missing WAG vids on and the notes people sent me for him and a note from me to say don't bother looking at it if you have already seen them.

So I DID manage to thrust it into his hand, I just said "can I plz give you this", he said "sure, thanks" or summit like that and I made myself scarce while Fanny hugged him and spoke with him.

So you guys, I did give him it, soat least he has another chance to see em if he aint already. :thumb_yello:

PS, why can't all gigs be so respectful like this one was, everyone took cue's from Mika and the band, we clapped when they wanted us to, stood up and danced when they wanted us to, sat down respectfully to listen and enjoy to the full the slower songs, laughed at his little jokes etc, it was just wonderful....*sigh*

PPS. my goodness I DID add a LOT more oops lol.

Is the gig going to be on TV?????

Please God let that be true!!!