The Australian Thread: Party Twenty Two

nico_collard

We had dirt and a stick.

Mud and a stick in winter.

:floor:

My parents had a rock and a chisel :mf_rosetinted:

I stubbed my toe and it still hurts like at least 3 hours later! Today I watched Spiceworld: The Movie and went with Rachel to buy a car :thumb_yello:

I thought I'd stubbed my toes once - turned out to be broken :naughty:

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I stubbed my toe and it still hurts like at least 3 hours later! Today I watched Spiceworld: The Movie and went with Rachel to buy a car :thumb_yello:

You poor thing... (for stubbing your toe and for watching Spiceworld: The Movie :teehee:)

:floor:

My parents had a rock and a chisel :mf_rosetinted:

My parents just beat each other senseless over the head with stegasaurus thigh bones and left it at that.

Your folks were way posh. :wink2:

Sounds like a competition :lmfao:

Hey all, seems like every post I make here begins with me apologising for not being around too much... See, they don't have wifi in Bunnings! :shocked::sneaky2:

So I've been working, and have been put on permanent part time. Which is awesometastical. They told me that I'm doing really well and fitting in good. I told them it's much nicer than at Maccas. They said that they like people from Maccas, because if they can survive working there, they can work anywhere! =P

Been driving a fair bit, and now only have 10 hours to go!! Which brings me to my next exciting news: I purchased my first car yesterday! I'll admit, I've seen larger ride-on lawnmowers, but it's a car. It's a '95 Dihatsu Mira. Got it for $500 through a friend of a friend, needs new tyres, windscreen, battery and rego, which the parents will have to loan me money for, since I have 13 cents left in my bank account! lol According to Redbook, it does 100km on 5L of fuel. So I'm quite happy with that, being poor as I am. =P

It is a little different to drive, since I've been driving the parents' new ute, and so it seems faster, and has a very little clutch in it, so I get the feeling I'll be stalling it quite a bit until I get used to it, haha.

So... have I missed anything of great importance here?

Yep, the prime minister made some stupid promise that all school kids would have access to a computer before he was voted in, so this is how he's doing it....

in NSW (starting last year), all year 9 kids will be given a laptop. By 2012, all kids from yr 9-12 will have a laptop. They technically don't own them yet, they will own them when they graduate from year 12. What I do is get them rset up for the kids and fix any minor software issues. I can't do anything difficult with them cause they have all sorts of firewalls and locked areas.

Luckily for us, it hasn't had the same controversy as the insulation scheme and the BER/classroom buildings scheme... :teehee:

We were a bit more advanced... we got pencils and paper :mf_rosetinted:

We got them at the end of yr11, and throughout yr12. We didn't get to keep them, though. Although, we had really crappy pink (there was some green and blue, but the vast majority were pink) eeePCs, featuring Ubuntu, so they were annoying enough, I doubt I'd want to keep it, lol! =P

Stephen Fry and Hugh Laurie are in that! Or so I've heard.. I haven't actually seen it, of course not! *cough*

But seriously, I haven't. :naughty:

The HSC involves a lot of work. We got our actual exam timetables yesterday (scary!). And from what I could garner today, mine seems to be the worst of everybody in the year. I have five exams in one week, one each day of that week. :shocked:

Hey all, seems like every post I make here begins with me apologising for not being around too much... See, they don't have wifi in Bunnings! :shocked::sneaky2:

So I've been working, and have been put on permanent part time. Which is awesometastical. They told me that I'm doing really well and fitting in good. I told them it's much nicer than at Maccas. They said that they like people from Maccas, because if they can survive working there, they can work anywhere! =P

Been driving a fair bit, and now only have 10 hours to go!! Which brings me to my next exciting news: I purchased my first car yesterday! I'll admit, I've seen larger ride-on lawnmowers, but it's a car. It's a '95 Dihatsu Mira. Got it for $500 through a friend of a friend, needs new tyres, windscreen, battery and rego, which the parents will have to loan me money for, since I have 13 cents left in my bank account! lol According to Redbook, it does 100km on 5L of fuel. So I'm quite happy with that, being poor as I am. =P

It is a little different to drive, since I've been driving the parents' new ute, and so it seems faster, and has a very little clutch in it, so I get the feeling I'll be stalling it quite a bit until I get used to it, haha.

We got them at the end of yr11, and throughout yr12. We didn't get to keep them, though. Although, we had really crappy pink (there was some green and blue, but the vast majority were pink) eeePCs, featuring Ubuntu, so they were annoying enough, I doubt I'd want to keep it, lol! =P

Good work on getting permanent part time!

I had a daihatsu as my first car, mine was a handvan... They are awesome on petrol and if your dad is up for it, find another car the same age/model and use it as a spare parts car. Mine was near impossible to find parts for, and we found an unregistered car and pulled parts off it when I needed it.

I sold it to dad's cousin 5 years ago, and he and my cousin used to drive it around town for work and they both thought it was awesome! Dad's cousin got it for his son, who used to drive it 1 1/2 hrs away to Dubbo all the time, then he sold it to one of his cousins. It's still going strong, it now has chequerplate on the inside, a stereo and a massive big subwoofer in it, and the cousin washes it every weekend!

The laptops we have are the Lenovo IdeaPad S10e, this year's ones are blue, and last year's were red. I know the teacher's ones are black and the TSO ones are supposed to be black as well but they're taking so long to make so I think we might be getting blue ones :teehee:. Not sure if we get to keep them, though...

These ones have over $1000 worth of software on them, and this is what they have on them:

Windows 7

Adobe Photoshop Elements

Adobe Premiere Elements

Adobe Acrobat Professional Extended

Adobe Flash Professional

Adobe Dreamweaver

Adobe Fireworks

Adobe Contribute

Adobe Captivate

Microsoft Word

Microsoft Excel

Microsoft Publisher

Microsoft PowerPoint

Microsoft OneNote

Microsoft Access

Audacity

Smart Notebook 10

Smart Recorder

Smart Video Player

ActivStudio Viewer

Microsoft Student with Encarta Premium 2009

Microsoft Maths

GeoGebra

WinKMT Chess

Periodic Table

Periodic Table Quiz

Earths Core

LenMus Phonascus

MuseScore

Notation Player

Google SketchUp 7

ArtRage 2 Starter Edition

Mind Mapping: Freemind

Group polling and response: Student Response Network

Flowchart diagrams: Dia

Apple iTunes

Windows Media Player

Phew! :shocked:

I think QLD DET skimped well and truly. I can't believe I'm saying this, but NSW DET actually did really well with this deal. :shocked:

The HSC involves a lot of work. We got our actual exam timetables yesterday (scary!). And from what I could garner today, mine seems to be the worst of everybody in the year. I have five exams in one week, one each day of that week. :shocked:

You poor bugger! :huglove:

I thought I'd stubbed my toes once - turned out to be broken :naughty:

Yes, well I keep complaining about it, and people keep telling me that, but since there's generally nothing you can do about that anyway, I'd rather not know :naughty: Although, I'd rather think it seems most of the pain now is centred around my big toe nail, and I might wonder if there is a big bruise under it or something. Not that I can see, since I'd just painted my nails bright red and was running up the stairs to put the nail polish away in the ad break when I stubbed my toe in the first place :naughty:

Stephen Fry and Hugh Laurie are in that! Or so I've heard.. I haven't actually seen it, of course not! *cough*

But seriously, I haven't. :naughty:

Yes, yes they were :naughty: Haha, well done, you won the lucky dip, good luck!

Congratulations on the car and work EJ! Rachel was just telling me her first car was a little daihatsu, and she drove it through a flooded river with water gushing in through the door-seals and it didn't even break down :biggrin2:

The other team forfieted at soccer today so we won! 2-0!!! And we still got to play a scratch match against another team, which was surprisingly fun without the stress of worrying too about how much we are losing by. Actually, we did pretty good!

Although, I'd rather think it seems most of the pain now is centred around my big toe nail, and I might wonder if there is a big bruise under it or something. Not that I can see, since I'd just painted my nails bright red and was running up the stairs to put the nail polish away in the ad break when I stubbed my toe in the first place :naughty:

:lmfao: that's my OKD :naughty:

These ones have over $1000 worth of software on them, and this is what they have on them:

Windows 7

Adobe Photoshop Elements

Adobe Premiere Elements

Adobe Acrobat Professional Extended

Adobe Flash Professional

Adobe Dreamweaver

Adobe Fireworks

Adobe Contribute

Adobe Captivate

Microsoft Word

Microsoft Excel

Microsoft Publisher

Microsoft PowerPoint

Microsoft OneNote

Microsoft Access

Audacity

Smart Notebook 10

Smart Recorder

Smart Video Player

ActivStudio Viewer

Microsoft Student with Encarta Premium 2009

Microsoft Maths

GeoGebra

WinKMT Chess

Periodic Table

Periodic Table Quiz

Earths Core

LenMus Phonascus

MuseScore

Notation Player

Google SketchUp 7

ArtRage 2 Starter Edition

Mind Mapping: Freemind

Group polling and response: Student Response Network

Flowchart diagrams: Dia

Apple iTunes

Windows Media Player

:shocked: Is there actually any memory left for the students to do any work? :blink:

Rachel was just telling me her first car was a little daihatsu, and she drove it through a flooded river with water gushing in through the door-seals and it didn't even break down :biggrin2:

Daihatsus are awesome like that! They don't often break down...

:shocked: Is there actually any memory left for the students to do any work? :blink:

Yeah, they have 2 GB of RAM and 160GB hard drive :wink2:

Besides, they have 2 GB of space to store stuff on the server and are also encouraged to store stuff on a thumbdrive...

Heeey all. Hows everyone beenskies? Ive just been working alot, not been up to too much else really. Watched paranormal activity. LOL'ed at the fact the guys name was Micah :P

Hope all is well with everyone :thumb_yello:

copiadi04867569.jpg

Strut yo stuff Meeks!! LOL Love this pic :thumb_yello:

Yep, the prime minister made some stupid promise that all school kids would have access to a computer before he was voted in, so this is how he's doing it....

in NSW (starting last year), all year 9 kids will be given a laptop. By 2012, all kids from yr 9-12 will have a laptop. They technically don't own them yet, they will own them when they graduate from year 12. What I do is get them rset up for the kids and fix any minor software issues. I can't do anything difficult with them cause they have all sorts of firewalls and locked areas.

Luckily for us, it hasn't had the same controversy as the insulation scheme and the BER/classroom buildings scheme... :teehee:

We were a bit more advanced... we got pencils and paper :mf_rosetinted:

Kids today get it easy i tells ya!!! I mean, we had computers at school and all, but at primary there were only a few and they were apple macs that we did sums on, and nothing too much else from memory. Then in high school, there were a few computer rooms, but nowhere near enough to have one per student. Thats just rediculous!! I want a laptop too Ruddy!!! :naughty:

YOUCH. My mum did that once, broke it actually!!

Spiceworld?? I havent seen that in AGES. My dad has it on VHS, should borrow it one day :P

I looooved the spice girls growing up. Ginger sics was my fave.

Sweet, good to see you job going well.

My first car was a hyundai excel. I spray painted the hub-caps hot pink, and plastered pink and red loveheart stickers all up the side :aah: I miss that car! I kept the hub-caps too lol couldnt part with them!!!

Hey everyone.

I had an amazing day at Groovin the Moo today. If your interested (seeing as I'm running out of net time) you can read about it here

http://rantingsravingsandramblingsofrebecca.blogspot.com/2010/05/groovin-moo.html

Seriously do read the blog - and if you get a chance, see the bands I said were amazing because they really were amazing

Hey everyone.

I had an amazing day at Groovin the Moo today. If your interested (seeing as I'm running out of net time) you can read about it here

http://rantingsravingsandramblingsofrebecca.blogspot.com/2010/05/groovin-moo.html

Seriously do read the blog - and if you get a chance, see the bands I said were amazing because they really were amazing

one word. shameless self promotion. :teehee:

Kids today get it easy i tells ya!!! I mean, we had computers at school and all, but at primary there were only a few and they were apple macs that we did sums on, and nothing too much else from memory. Then in high school, there were a few computer rooms, but nowhere near enough to have one per student. Thats just rediculous!! I want a laptop too Ruddy!!! :naughty:

Sweet, good to see you job going well.

My first car was a hyundai excel. I spray painted the hub-caps hot pink, and plastered pink and red loveheart stickers all up the side :aah: I miss that car! I kept the hub-caps too lol couldnt part with them!!!

I remember having the old apple mac computers at school! In high school, only one computer at the school had the internet, and it was dial up :thumbdown:. Then when we moved to Orange, all the computers had the internet and they were all dead slow... I remember going on the net and playing computer games and looking up stuff about Hanson and Paul McDermott :teehee:

Classy look for an excel :teehee:... I have an excel and haven't done anything too extravagant to it...

Hey everyone.

Nice blog... too bad you missed out on Kisschasy... :thumbdown:

I remember having the old apple mac computers at school! In high school, only one computer at the school had the internet, and it was dial up :thumbdown:. Then when we moved to Orange, all the computers had the internet and they were all dead slow... I remember going on the net and playing computer games and looking up stuff about Hanson and Paul McDermott :teehee:

Classy look for an excel :teehee:... I have an excel and haven't done anything too extravagant to it...

Nice blog... too bad you missed out on Kisschasy... :thumbdown:

Hanson!!! :teehee::biggrin2::mf_lustslow: I used to loooooove them!! Taylor was the heart-throb of my school lol Must go listen to Mmmbop :P

Hanson!!! :teehee::biggrin2::mf_lustslow: I used to loooooove them!! Taylor was the heart-throb of my school lol Must go listen to Mmmbop :P

I still love them!!! :wub2: Though I had/still have the biggest crush on Isaac :das::wub2:...

Speaking of Hanson, I've been listening to their new song almost nonstop for the past few days :wub2:

I still love them!!! :wub2: Though I had/still have the biggest crush on Isaac :das::wub2:...

Speaking of Hanson, I've been listening to their new song almost nonstop for the past few days :wub2:

:o they have a new song out?? Nice! Will have to check it out on youtube! :thumb_yello:

:o they have a new song out?? Nice! Will have to check it out on youtube! :thumb_yello:

Yep, it's called Thinking 'Bout Somethin'... Taylor impersonates Ray Charles and wears impossibly tight baby blue trousers, Zac wears a visor and plays a cowbell, Isaac has a wig and thinks he's a Blues Brother, and two of Taylor's kids are in there (look for the ranga and the little blonde girl next to him :teehee:)... oh, and the song's good too! :thumb_yello::teehee:

It's on MySpace and Youtube... here's the vid for MySpace: http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=104317949

Yep, it's called Thinking 'Bout Somethin'... Taylor impersonates Ray Charles and wears impossibly tight baby blue trousers, Zac wears a visor and plays a cowbell, Isaac has a wig and thinks he's a Blues Brother, and two of Taylor's kids are in there (look for the ranga and the little blonde girl next to him :teehee:)... oh, and the song's good too! :thumb_yello::teehee:

It's on MySpace and Youtube... here's the vid for MySpace: http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=104317949

They still around?? Thought they faded away years ago ...:naughty:

To all Amfers and wannabe amfers.

Stay tuned for a special limited edition announcement to be aired next Monday (time to be announced). All wannabe Amfers are now invited to apply for our new lite membership, with the ability to be upgraded to our pro membership (with a one off fee ) after a period of probation.

You don't want to miss this. Log into AMF today to speculate on what the special announcement may be, or to make some suggestions, or just to catch up. Lets bring the site back to life.

To all Amfers and wannabe amfers.

Stay tuned for a special limited edition announcement to be aired next Monday (time to be announced). All wannabe Amfers are now invited to apply for our new lite membership, with the ability to be upgraded to our pro membership (with a one off fee ) after a period of probation.

You don't want to miss this. Log into AMF today to speculate on what the special announcement may be, or to make some suggestions, or just to catch up. Lets bring the site back to life.

:blink: how come i didn't know about that :/

:blink: how come i didn't know about that :/

Its cos its a private run forum :naughty: We're kinda exclusive. But we're in the middle of a promotion - so we're letting new members join. Though we may have some techinical difficulties.

Anyways your account should be active

Archived