The Australian Thread: Party Twenty Two

nico_collard

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:lmfao::doh:

Only in America :teehee:

DONT you hate how people seem to hand out xrays like lollies. (ok that made no sense what-so-ever)

I GLOW IN THE DARK!!

ive broken so many bones and had so many xrays that it actually says in my medical file Im not allowed to have unnecicary xrays because of overexposure! :freak:

Ive broken my arms three times thats at least 9 xtays each time, then my leg which was another 7! then there are the sprains, MRI and Teeth! :stretcher:

Oooh, I forgot! I've had an xray on my elbow, ankle, chest and mouth... I haven't had as many as you though :teehee:

Happy Saturday

copia3di45081374667e547.jpg

God damn he's ripped :drool:

And I'm not surprised it's Angelique's pic :teehee::das:

:God damn he's ripped :drool:

And I'm not surprised it's Angelique's pic :teehee::das:

DA's collection is the first place to look for shirtless pics.:naughty:

And underpants :teehee:

So I have a sucky assignment.

We need to source a unit of maths work that goes for 8-20 session (2-5 weeks), and analyse its purpose/assumptions, then critique it and suggest an assessment task, as well as mention where it would fit in in Vels.

The analysing etc I don't have a problem with, its finding a unit that fits into their confusing and changing, often contradicting criteria. Plus the websites they suggest are impossible to find units on, or provide units that are too short, or just too confusing.

[/rant]

We need to source a unit of maths work that goes for 8-20 session (2-5 weeks), and analyse its purpose/assumptions, then critique it and suggest an assessment task, as well as mention where it would fit in in Vels.

The analysing etc I don't have a problem with, its finding a unit that fits into their confusing and changing, often contradicting criteria. Plus the websites they suggest are impossible to find units on, or provide units that are too short, or just too confusing.

[/rant]

What websites? And do you have to find one with Vic syllabus outcomes or could you use one from NSW?

EDIT: try these...

http://www.curriculumsupport.education.nsw.gov.au/primary/mathematics/index.htm

http://k6.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/go/mathematics - it's a link to the NSW syllabus and has a units of work book that might be of use...

http://www.tale.edu.au/tale/live/teachers/primary/index.jsp?muid=011266&taleUserId=-216769332&userType=u&username= - a lot of teachers use TaLe here... may be of use... I'll have a look at my stuff when I get home and see what's there...

Charlie, I joined!

attagirl :biggrin2:

[/rant]

..whoa, i'm glad i'm not you.

What websites? And do you have to find one with Vic syllabus outcomes or could you use one from NSW?

http://k6.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/go/mathematics - it's a link to the NSW syllabus and has a units of work book that might be of use...

http://www.tale.edu.au/tale/live/teachers/primary/index.jsp?muid=011266&taleUserId=-216769332&userType=u&username= - a lot of teachers use TaLe here... may be of use... I'll have a look at my stuff when I get home and see what's there...

.. You are so efficient.

.. I haz a problem. I had to uninstall photoshop from my computer, and when i went to reinstall it.. i can't find the disk :crybaby: it must have been lost when we moved.. and i'm worried if i illegally download it i'll get a virus. *tears hair out*

Nah it can be any states - as long as we link it to our VELS (which I don't see why we're still doing in assignments since by the time we graduate it'll be national curriculum)

Thanks a bunch

.. You are so efficient.

.. I haz a problem. I had to uninstall photoshop from my computer, and when i went to reinstall it.. i can't find the disk :crybaby: it must have been lost when we moved.. and i'm worried if i illegally download it i'll get a virus. *tears hair out*

Yeah well, I happened to have those links on my school laptop... :teehee:

As for Photoshop... If you still have the serial number then you sould be able to download it from the Adobe site and enter the serial numberwhen you install... otherwise, the computer should scan it for viruses before you download it, and you should be able to scan it before you install it.

Not sure I can help beyond that though... maybe someone who has downloaded it illegally might be able to help? :dunno:

Nah it can be any states - as long as we link it to our VELS (which I don't see why we're still doing in assignments since by the time we graduate it'll be national curriculum)

Thanks a bunch

Fair enough...

I didn't get a chance to look yesterday cause my friend needed a guinea pig so she can practice doing acrylic nails, but will def look today! If i can get away with it, I'll look at school today!

Hey all,

Feel free to slap me for being slack and not posting... *holds out hand*

Been busy with work and such. Supposed to only be working weekends, but have been getting a few shifts on weekdays.

Not sure if I mentioned it before, but I've acquired myself a stalker at work. He's a little bit uh, special, but friendly enough. The other day, he gave me a flower from nursery, and came through my register with his nan. Later he was all, "My nan thinks you're a beautiful young lady."

It scares me a little. But I've always been awkward in that department...lol

Oh, and I put my logbook in last Monday! Apparently, it takes no more than two weeks for it to be cleared, so hopefully I'll hear back soon! I just need to remember to indicate off roundabouts (seriously, who even does that?) and remember to look before pulling out (I'm complacent, since it's so quiet around where I live), and I should be right. They won't fail me for dodgy parking, right? lol

Had a read through the thread, and still no dates? Ah well, at least I'll definitely be able to afford to go when dates are finally released. =]

Awwww thats a really lovely version of Kick ass! Youve a really great voice! :thumb_yello:

Aw, thanks

. =]

Bravo! Bravo! *round of applause for EJ*

I stopped her in the middle of Mika's concert to tell her that last year :lmfao:

You did? Lol, i don't remember that! =P

Jeez you guys, I thought you'd just said Mika was coming in a month. :sneaky2:

Oh, hello there. I got a job at Beacon Lighting, I haven't broken anything yet. Broken anything at my work I mean, because I did break my tooth last night. It is going to cost roughly $3000 for root canal treatments, filling, crown and who knows what else to stop me looking like a hobo. :biggrin2:

Congrats on the job! Sounds like you'll be needing it for the tooth! I hate how dental work is so expensive...

Hello all! It's been a while..

Hello again Ju-Ju Lea! :biggrin2:

I keep can't stop thinking about how little time there's left at school. There are less than seven weeks of this term and ten next term and then it's pretty much over! Except for the exams, which I'm trying my hardest to keep out of my mind. :naughty:

Year 12 retreat is next week. :shocked:

I hope everyone has fun with the competitions on AMF. I don't think I'll have time to join in.. So many assessments!

Ha, you sound exactly how I was last year! Enjoy it while you can!

Last night I had a dream that chickadee, fmbm and tegan were following mika around australia but for some reason they were in my hometown. tegan txt me and said 'we're at mcdonalds in oto' and i sprinted down there but they werent there, they were at the video rental store. Then suddenly Khayla ran in dressed in a burlesque costume and was like 'MIKAS HERE!' so we all ran out and Mika had decided to do an impromptu show in the main street of my hometown (oto) except there was no-one there except us five. None of Mikas band was there just Mika, and he played 2 songs and then we went and got pancakes from mcdonalds with Mika. and then we all got on a plane (including mika) and went to australia and mika played 3 proper full size gigs in various places around australia and it was awesome :biggrin2:

(..i just woke up and ran to the computer deluded into the fact Mika had released dates saying he was playing a show in NZ...)

Love it.

Reminds me of the dream I had, in which Mika was playing in Aus. We were half-way through the show, and then Mika wanted you to come up onstage so he could publicly apologise for not playing in New Zealand. He had a powerpoint presentation and everything. But you got all shy, and ran away. So I caught you, and convinced you to go back. And then you were upset, cos I ate your lollipop. Oh, and there was a stage-invasion somewhere in there... At the end of the show, Mika kept playing encores, until he'd gone through the entire set twice. But then it was a seated venue, and I was talking with someone about whether or not toddlers should be allowed to keep their seat if they leave it. (?)

And then my parents (and music teacher, for some reason) made me leave. Then it turned into some weird dream about helping fake police officers find uniforms at a costume shop...

Scared yet? I am. I seriously have no idea how my mind comes up with all this! :roftl:

I think I found one on the NSW sites. It says its sample units of work and seems to fit, so thanks for the links since I got it off one of them :wink2:

ooooh yay! Glad to be of use!

Hey all,

Feel free to slap me for being slack and not posting... *holds out hand*

Been busy with work and such. Supposed to only be working weekends, but have been getting a few shifts on weekdays.

Not sure if I mentioned it before, but I've acquired myself a stalker at work. He's a little bit uh, special, but friendly enough. The other day, he gave me a flower from nursery, and came through my register with his nan. Later he was all, "My nan thinks you're a beautiful young lady."

It scares me a little. But I've always been awkward in that department...lol

Oh, and I put my logbook in last Monday! Apparently, it takes no more than two weeks for it to be cleared, so hopefully I'll hear back soon! I just need to remember to indicate off roundabouts (seriously, who even does that?) and remember to look before pulling out (I'm complacent, since it's so quiet around where I live), and I should be right. They won't fail me for dodgy parking, right? lol

Had a read through the thread, and still no dates? Ah well, at least I'll definitely be able to afford to go when dates are finally released. =]

Love it.

Reminds me of the dream I had, in which Mika was playing in Aus. We were half-way through the show, and then Mika wanted you to come up onstage so he could publicly apologise for not playing in New Zealand. He had a powerpoint presentation and everything. But you got all shy, and ran away. So I caught you, and convinced you to go back. And then you were upset, cos I ate your lollipop. Oh, and there was a stage-invasion somewhere in there... At the end of the show, Mika kept playing encores, until he'd gone through the entire set twice. But then it was a seated venue, and I was talking with someone about whether or not toddlers should be allowed to keep their seat if they leave it. (?)

And then my parents (and music teacher, for some reason) made me leave. Then it turned into some weird dream about helping fake police officers find uniforms at a costume shop...

Scared yet? I am. I seriously have no idea how my mind comes up with all this! :roftl:

Awwwwww... that's kind of cute!

I indicate off roundabouts! :shun: As long as you don't reverse into anything you should be right :thumb_yello:

No dates yet... we'd be excited if we did!

Weird dream... I can't say anything since mine are equally as weird...

Oooh, I forgot! I've had an xray on my elbow, ankle, chest and mouth... I haven't had as many as you though :teehee:

nobody has haha! a mixture of abuse, bullying and ADD! twas a crazy bitch! :thumb_yello:

Happy Saturday

copia3di45081374667e547.jpg

I know Im a bit late but OOOHH!! he doesnt look so cuddly with those abs!

And dispite the fact today weather was pissing and I haz a 1200 word essay to hand in today was pretty amazing!

Im sure ive talked about wii guy before, saw him on the bus today, he has this amazing ability to make me smile and I dont even know why,

we talked so much I missed my stop and ended up all the way back out at uni again! and here I am smiling like a maniac :biggrin2: while writing this!

thing Is I had met him before uni. I saw him at summerschool near where charlie lives and then again at auckland convention in january and we had talked without really knowing eachother (you know...occasional nice people thinking you would never see them again) And then our very first ever day of uni I was standing in line behind him at administration...like OMFG!:blush-anim-cl:

And dispite the fact today weather was pissing and I haz a 1200 word essay to hand in today was pretty amazing!

Im sure ive talked about wii guy before, saw him on the bus today, he has this amazing ability to make me smile and I dont even know why,

we talked so much I missed my stop and ended up all the way back out at uni again! and here I am smiling like a maniac :biggrin2: while writing this!

thing Is I had met him before uni. I saw him at summerschool near where charlie lives and then again at auckland convention in january and we had talked without really knowing eachother (you know...occasional nice people thinking you would never see them again) And then our very first ever day of uni I was standing in line behind him at administration...like OMFG!:blush-anim-cl:

Awwwwwwwww!

wii guy isn't sounding too familiar... any chance you could refresh my memory?

Archived