The Australian Thread: Party Twenty Two

nico_collard

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Awwwwwwwww!

wii guy isn't sounding too familiar... any chance you could refresh my memory?

wii guy is the guy I freaked out over because his neice said he looked like mika!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

OMG I went to see a show tonight it was just so amazing! its a show called pecha kucha which is like 20 slides in 6 minuites about whatever the person wanted to talk about! this one guy got up and talked about his art and how he draws sound and smells colour!

I DO THAT! ever since I was a child ive known the smell of purple! I cant describe it other than the smell of purple because thats all I know of it!

we had the most amazing conversation and it makes me feel a little less crazy!

(I know ill sound like a hypochondriac or a mental patient if I go to the DR and say "I smell in colours")

im getting a new car :aah: woo! :aah:

Ooooh nice!

wii guy is the guy I freaked out over because his neice said he looked like mika!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

OMG I went to see a show tonight it was just so amazing! its a show called pecha kucha which is like 20 slides in 6 minuites about whatever the person wanted to talk about! this one guy got up and talked about his art and how he draws sound and smells colour!

I DO THAT! ever since I was a child ive known the smell of purple! I cant describe it other than the smell of purple because thats all I know of it!

we had the most amazing conversation and it makes me feel a little less crazy!

(I know ill sound like a hypochondriac or a mental patient if I go to the DR and say "I smell in colours")

Ooooh, righto...

I've heard of that... we went to the Melb museum a couple of years ago and they have a bit about people being able to smell colours and stuff... twas interesting...

I've heard of that... we went to the Melb museum a couple of years ago and they have a bit about people being able to smell colours and stuff... twas interesting...

It's called synasthaesia (or something like that). It's an interesting phenomenon - people who can smell/taste colours, or associate numbers with colours or moods etc. It's like your senses have been cross-wired.

It's called synasthaesia (or something like that). It's an interesting phenomenon - people who can smell/taste colours, or associate numbers with colours or moods etc. It's like your senses have been cross-wired.

yes indeedy! :thumb_yello:

I never knew there was a name for it until the other day, when I talked to a man who gave a 6 minuite talk about his art, like drawing music etc

...I always assumed everyone else was the same when I was a kid till I told my teacher one day about smelling purple and she looked at me as if I belonged in a loony bin!

I can see sound too, as patterns... it doent even have to be music. a car engine, a bike tier, a bird, a bus, a train, footsteps and heartbeats all create their own coloured patterns! you can not begin to imagine what kind of patterns mikas music creates in my mind!

That's it!

yes indeedy! :thumb_yello:

I never knew there was a name for it until the other day, when I talked to a man who gave a 6 minuite talk about his art, like drawing music etc

...I always assumed everyone else was the same when I was a kid till I told my teacher one day about smelling purple and she looked at me as if I belonged in a loony bin!

I can see sound too, as patterns... it doent even have to be music. a car engine, a bike tier, a bird, a bus, a train, footsteps and heartbeats all create their own coloured patterns! you can not begin to imagine what kind of patterns mikas music creates in my mind!

OMG, I just thought of something...

In season 4 of Heroes, there's a deaf woman who can see sounds (but that's not her power)... Jut the whole seeing sounds reminded me of it...

wow

for me long time no post

i really should make more time to come here

how are we all going?

Hey Shaani! I'm pretty good, i think the others are pretty good too...

I come bearing homemade baked goods!

Its supposed to be studyleave but Ive been procrastinating all day by cooking!

an i mean lots of cooking!

so...I made

Peanut butter cookies

chocolate chip tollhouse cookies

banana cake

baguettes

omnomnomnom

so...I made

Peanut butter cookies

banana cake

baguettes

omnomnomnom

send some my way

Hey

Just letting you all know HK won't be on for a few days. The storms and winds in the NSW area have knocked out the power to her place and it might be a few days before she gets it back. She sends her love

send some my way

I will indeed!

hahaha!

im usually the camp mother of all my friends...I take care of them and feed them. its like having kids, theres a crowd for it before its out of the oven usually...which is why I baked so much! except people like to go home during the break leaving me alone with my baked goods!

heres how it all turned out!

Peanut butter cookies

imga0002wt.jpg

Chocolate tollhouse cookies (made from scratch)

imga0004p.jpg

baguettes

imga0008.jpg

AAANNNDD banana cake

imga0015w.jpg

Hey

Just letting you all know HK won't be on for a few days. The storms and winds in the NSW area have knocked out the power to her place and it might be a few days before she gets it back. She sends her love

oh noes!

Hey all! Hows we all been?

Ive been bust working and cleaning the house and yard. my sister comes back form england for a 3 week visit on tuesday!!! MAJORLY excited!!! Whats new with everyone else??

wow

for me long time no post

i really should make more time to come here

how are we all going?

Heeeeeey! Im ok. Working hard, not much time off which is a bugger!

Hows you? Hope skool is going ok.

I will indeed!

hahaha!

im usually the camp mother of all my friends...I take care of them and feed them. its like having kids, theres a crowd for it before its out of the oven usually...which is why I baked so much! except people like to go home during the break leaving me alone with my baked goods!

[/img]

Banana cake?!?! I LOVE banana cake :teehee: !!!

im getting a new car :aah: woo! :aah:

Oooooh nice! what car ya getting??

so...I made

Peanut butter cookies

banana cake

baguettes

omnomnomnom

:drool: Noice!

Hey

Thought she'd be AWOL cause of the storm...

I will indeed!

hahaha!

Peanut butter cookies

imga0002wt.jpg

Chocolate tollhouse cookies (made from scratch)

imga0004p.jpg

baguettes

imga0008.jpg

AAANNNDD banana cake

imga0015w.jpg

:drool: yummmmmmyyyyy!

They look nice Rosina :D

I might be going to TAFE to do an Art Diploma, it will be a rude shock for DH and the kids if I suddenly have a life outside the home ROFL

Who am I kidding, I will still have to do all the home stuff.

I have put a few new paingings on my site and resized the oil paintings on photobucket so they are large enough to actually see. http://www.sharonpowell.com.au

I might be going to TAFE to do an Art Diploma, it will be a rude shock for DH and the kids if I suddenly have a life outside the home ROFL

I have put a few new paingings on my site and resized the oil paintings on photobucket so they are large enough to actually see. http://www.sharonpowell.com.au

Ooooh cool! That'd be good for you, it'll give you a chance to something other than be a mum!

*checks out website*

That mural is awesome! And I really like the one of Goulburn, it's pretty damn good!

Anyways, I better get to bed... night all!

so...I made

Peanut butter cookies

banana cake

baguettes

omnomnomnom

Yay :pbjt:

Oh no wait - banana as in chopped up and cooked?:shocked:

Hey

I was going to ask - haven't seen her for a while :tears:

AANNNDD banana cake

imga0015w.jpg

Oh no! :eek:

Hey all! Hows we all been?

Ive been bust working and cleaning the house and yard. my sister comes back form england for a 3 week visit on tuesday!!! MAJORLY excited!!! Whats new with everyone else??

:wink2:

Hey Rosina, I've seen loads of documentaries about synaesthesia and savants, I love that stuff :biggrin2:

Um, this one talks a bit about the brain connections at some point in there, although it's mostly just about how frucking good at maths this guy is http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4913196365903075662#

There's another one called Real Superhumans that has a bit about synaethesia too. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgHAmshyNP8

I shell start of with a rant and then end on a good note!

the electricians still havent come to connect my electric heater yet ...the gas was removed at the end of april.(its freazing!!)

the landlord booked for them to come at 8am thursday 2 weeks ago NO SHOW!!

they turned up last thursday at lecture time.

THEN they came today and didnt even bother to press the buzzer or knock on the door they assumed I wasnt home and left a card and went to the landlord complaining that I was being obstructive! :boxed:

Banana cake?!?! I LOVE banana cake :teehee: !!!

So do I!

yummyy

:drool: Noice!

:drool: yummmmmmyyyyy!

your reaction is just like what my friends are usually like!

I would send you some but it might get confiscated at customs!

great stuff there SK

Oh no wait - banana as in chopped up and cooked?:shocked:

Oh no! :eek:

no...I mean banana as in mashed and cooked:shocked:

Hey Rosina, I've seen loads of documentaries about synaesthesia and savants, I love that stuff :biggrin2:

Um, this one talks a bit about the brain connections at some point in there, although it's mostly just about how frucking good at maths this guy is http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4913196365903075662#

There's another one called Real Superhumans that has a bit about synaethesia too. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgHAmshyNP8

I just watched it, I was intregued by the man who can paint without sight!:thumb_yello:

im not good at maths and I wish like the woman it improved my memory but it doesnt for me!

well...I can remember the smell of a colour such as purple, but other things I do not remember because of my dyslexia!

I shell start of with a rant and then end on a good note!

the electricians still havent come to connect my electric heater yet ...the gas was removed at the end of april.(its freazing!!)

the landlord booked for them to come at 8am thursday 2 weeks ago NO SHOW!!

they turned up last thursday at lecture time.

THEN they came today and didnt even bother to press the buzzer or knock on the door they assumed I wasnt home and left a card and went to the landlord complaining that I was being obstructive! :boxed:

your reaction is just like what my friends are usually like!

I would send you some but it might get confiscated at customs!

Did your landlord tell them to stop being a bunch of tools and come when they are booked in? :dunno:

Damn customs! :thumbdown: If I go over to NZ you'll have to cook for me... I'm a willing guinea pig when it comes to food! :naughty:

Archived