Found another clipping...

pinkfakecheez

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
T4P!

And guess the veal he means is not veal meat, it's the skin after being treated, dunno the exact word for the process, but you might use it to clean car windows, some mooth veal cloth you know what i mean?:blink:

Dancers commonly use it, specially prima ballerinas who dance on their toes...

i don't think Mika would have done this but i'm not surprised by the suggestion.

Christian Louboutin has said many times that when he was growing up he used to sneak into the famous Folies Bergère dance hall in Paris and he said that all the cabaret dancers used to use cuts of meat (eg veal) that he would run and buy for them, to put in their shoes to cushion their feet whilst they danced on stage all night in heels.

it's what later helped inspire him to create the cushioned 'hidden' platforms in many of his gorgeous High Heel designs.

i'd imagine it would help cushion your feet but as Mika said... yes it would smell quite a lot after a while!

:biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2:

like i said, i remember that people in ballet were using that, used to watch a lot of dancing movies when i was younger (you won't believe how many of those came up right after "dirty dancing"! :lmfao:)... but surely there's some high-tech solution for that meanwhile, gel cushions or something? :blink:

here's another mention of this: http://www.nowmagazine.co.uk/celebrity-news/438086/omg-mika-i-stuff-veal-in-my-shoes/1/ - the interesting thing for me about it is that pic, where's that from? :blink: i'm quite sure i've never seen this jacket, but maybe i just missed some old photoshoot. :blush-anim-cl:

b-Mika1.jpg_e_f3a7c2adba52315d6ab61b83a2cd478e.jpg

It's from the Fiat launch gig - early 2008 - the one where tey gave him his Fiat, and he beat Martin up for making a mistake :roftl:

It's from the Fiat launch gig - early 2008 - the one where tey gave him his Fiat, and he beat Martin up for making a mistake :roftl:

i remember that there was this gig (it was at the london eye, right? :blink:), but never seen it! :shocked: *goes searching on youtube*

thanx. :thumb_yello:

i remember that there was this gig (it was at the london eye, right? :blink:), but never seen it! :shocked: *goes searching on youtube*

thanx. :thumb_yello:

that's the one - there is a video somewhere of Mika hitting Martin as they leave the stage :roftl: Naughty Mika :teehee:

that's the one - there is a video somewhere of Mika hitting Martin as they leave the stage :roftl: Naughty Mika :teehee:

lol, yes, seen it now. :naughty: wow, i didn't know this was indeed a whole gig, thought it was just 1-2 songs! :shocked:

Archived