DANI56

haiti001.png

http://angryape.com/news/susan-boyle-take-take-burke-join-haiti-charity-single

Susan Boyle, Take That and Alexandra Burke have signed up to sing on the Haiti charity single - a cover of 'Everybody Hurts' by R.E.M.

The acts will join the previously announced line-up of Cheryl Cole, Leona Lewis, Rod Stewart, JLS and Michael Buble for the single, which is being organised by Simon Cowell and The Sun newspaper.

Boyle said of her involvement in the prioject: "The Haiti earthquake has caused devastation and suffering that most of us will never experience nor could imagine.

"I feel privileged to be a part of such a wonderful project that will raise money to help the country."

Alexandra Burke also spoke of the charity song, adding: "I hope the single raises lots of money. It's great that we can come together and do this. It's a very special song."

Mika and Westlife are also said to be involved in the single, which will be recorded at various locations next week.

TO LISTEN: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O36yvqf8x7E

lyrics:

(Berry/Buck/Mills/Stipe)

When the day is long and the night, the night is yours alone,

When you're sure you've had enough of this life, well hang on

Don't let yourself go, 'cause everybody cries and everybody hurts sometimes

Sometimes everything is wrong. Now it's time to sing along - (Mika)

When your day is night alone, (hold on, hold on)

If you feel like letting go, (hold on)

When you think you've had too much of this life, well hang on

'Cause everybody hurts. Take comfort in your friends

Everybody hurts. Don't throw your hand. Oh, no. Don't throw your hand

If you feel like you're alone, no, no, no, you are not alone

If you're on your own in this life, the days and nights are long,

When you think you've had too much of this life to hang on

Well, everybody hurts sometimes,

Everybody cries. And everybody hurts sometimes

And everybody hurts sometimes. So, hold on, hold on

Hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on

from MIKASOUNDS:

" Mika Helps Haiti...

Posted on February 1st, 2010Mika has teamed up with some of the biggest names in pop to record a cover version of REM’s ‘Everybody Hurts’ in support of charities helping relief efforts in Haiti.

Mika plays piano on the track and shares vocals with Mariah Carey, Kylie Minogue and Jon Bon Jovi amongst others.

All proceeds will be split between the Disasters Emergency Committee (DEC) and The Sun’s ‘Helping Haiti’ appeal, with Gordon Brown pledging to waive VAT on the single.

‘Everybody Hurts’ will be available for download from February 7th, and in stores from February 8th.

Click here to watch a video about the making of the single, featuring an interview with Mika.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vhCpr3sSek&feature=related

“I have friends from France whose families who have been directly affected in Haiti. They lost relatives and their homes. I wanted to help and am honoured to be part of this single,” said Mika."

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply
already posted?

http://angryape.com/news/susan-boyle-take-take-burke-join-haiti-charity-single

Susan Boyle, Take That and Alexandra Burke have signed up to sing on the Haiti charity single - a cover of 'Everybody Hurts' by R.E.M.

The acts will join the previously announced line-up of Cheryl Cole, Leona Lewis, Rod Stewart, JLS and Michael Buble for the single, which is being organised by Simon Cowell and The Sun newspaper.

Boyle said of her involvement in the prioject: "The Haiti earthquake has caused devastation and suffering that most of us will never experience nor could imagine.

"I feel privileged to be a part of such a wonderful project that will raise money to help the country."

Alexandra Burke also spoke of the charity song, adding: "I hope the single raises lots of money. It's great that we can come together and do this. It's a very special song."

Mika and Westlife are also said to be involved in the single, which will be recorded at various locations next week.

This is an interesting news! Thanks for posting, Dani! :flowers2:

OMG, BRAIN WAVE. HAPPY ENDING SHOULD HAVE BEEN RE-RELEASED FOR THE HAITI CHARITY SINGLE. MUCH BETTER THAN EVERYBODY HURTS!

Anyone who disagrees will be taken down with my Jousting Stick :mf_rosetinted:

That's a good idea, considering I hate that R.E.M song too. :aah::thumb_yello:

That's a good idea, considering I hate that R.E.M song too. :aah::thumb_yello:

Ah so it IS REM who sing it! I wasn't sure :roftl: But the Happy Ending lyrics are quite fitting, plus it's a song that people can dig their teeth into as well. Y'know, you hear it at a concert and it's like everyone unites. The video would be epic. It should be done! Plus the song builds such suspense and has such a huge climax. Better than that whiny "Eeeeverrryyyybodyyy huuuuuuurrrrrrts..."

great!T4p!

looking foward to more news and infos :thumb_yello:

OMG, BRAIN WAVE. HAPPY ENDING SHOULD HAVE BEEN RE-RELEASED FOR THE HAITI CHARITY SINGLE. MUCH BETTER THAN EVERYBODY HURTS!

Anyone who disagrees will be taken down with my Jousting Stick :mf_rosetinted:

sorry to disagree hun! I love R.E.M. and Everybody Hurts is a great and poetic song for me! :blush-anim-cl:

great!T4p!

looking foward to more news and infos :thumb_yello:

sorry to disagree hun! I love R.E.M. and Everybody Hurts is a great and poetic song for me! :blush-anim-cl:

I think it sucks :aah::teehee: But won't argue with you lol.

I like the song. By REM. I don't really think it's live aid material. As for the Mika repertoire, I'd say Any Other World would be so perfect.

OHHHH Any Other World would be a great choice. I love watching it on the second Paris DVD.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5Kx60cSLMU

Ah so it IS REM who sing it! I wasn't sure :roftl: But the Happy Ending lyrics are quite fitting, plus it's a song that people can dig their teeth into as well. Y'know, you hear it at a concert and it's like everyone unites. The video would be epic. It should be done! Plus the song builds such suspense and has such a huge climax. Better than that whiny "Eeeeverrryyyybodyyy huuuuuuurrrrrrts..."

Urgh. Isn't that the whole song? Does that song even have a verse? Or is it just 'Everrryyyybodyy huuuuuuuurrrtsssssssss' the whole time? :roftl:

Urgh. Isn't that the whole song? Does that song even have a verse? Or is it just 'Everrryyyybodyy huuuuuuuurrrtsssssssss' the whole time? :roftl:

i dont know. im actually gonna youtube it lol.

EDIT: Bloody hell the tune's the same throughout the entire song! No wonder why I think it sounds whiny lol :roftl:

(lyrics included)

EDIT: Oh wait, there are guitars and drums about 2mins in xD

Archived