2010 - Oxfam Launches Celebrity Charity Auction For Haiti

Droopsy

Oxfam Launches Celebrity Charity Auction For Haiti

January 25, 2010 by Tim Saunders

Oxfam UK has launched a massive celebrity charity auction to raise much-needed funds for their work in Haiti.

Coldplay and Chris Martin are leading the charge by donating a Viva La Vida tour jacket, with Dido, Status Quo and PJ Harvey also donating used clothes. Annie Lennox has donated one of her favorite paintings, while Rolf Harris has donated a painting he created himself. The Arctic Monkeys have donated a guitar, and there are items from the Pet Shop Boys, Pearl Jam, Placebo, Bryan Ferry, Mika and many more.

You can also pick up items from Radiohead, who played a special gig in Los Angeles during the weekend to raise cash for the charity. Held at the Music Box Theatre At The Fonda, the gig included the debut of a new song – Lotus Flower – previously only performed at Thom Yorke’s solo shows.

To take part in the auction, click here:

http://stores.shop.ebay.co.uk/Oxfam-Shop__W0QQ_sidZ26464597QQ_trksidZp4634Q2ec0Q2em14?_pgn=1

Mika Signed Print of Album Cover

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Mika-Signed-Print-of-Album-Cover_W0QQitemZ360229295570QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Music_Music_Memorabilia_LE?hash=item53df56d5d2#ht_872wt_958

http://www.looktothestars.org/news/3738-oxfam-launches-celebrity-charity-auction-for-haiti

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmmm pretty item ... someone else won one of these saying it was "original artwork" .. made my ears prick up .. but sadly its just a poster

I have a "feeling" ... these are part of the magic numbers things , 2000,000 points or whatever it is

I bidded high just as its Mika and charity but hmmm someone has put a high bid in there .. as they would say on dragons den... im out:aah:

Bet if he puts his boxers or old Loubouts to auction bids would get sooo much higher...

:roftl::roftl::roftl::roftl:

Right on - a pair of his shoes would be a great idea WillyWonka!!:thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

Of course I have a bad feeling we would probably have to pull them off his feet with force. :shocked::roftl:

I think it's just a poster of the album cover

Yes it is ... purely as a lady from France won the same one in a competition and was trying to sell it on here , twas classified as "original" artwork but sadly its just a poster (if it was original artwork would be a most scrummy item).

Oh that's cool! Such a nice thing to have, and for a good cause. :wub2:

If he had done framed, handwritten lyrics like the Klaxons or whoever did, I'd have to ban myself from the internet until the auction was over. Now that would be really tempting. :teehee:

Handwritten lyrics would have been more than tempting but this item is really cool too:wub2:

I must admit my first reaction wasn't "wow" but "that's a bit stingy"

LOL same :aah: I think a lot of people are giving away clothes and instruments and there's...Mika's sig :aah: BUT it IS artwork too and it looks blown up to me so it's still nice and special once you give it a proper thought.

Not so easy if you live in Peru now, is it?

You're saying it's easy, but you also live in a country he happens to do a lot of shows in

Yeah I get that but SoSi doesn't live in Peru :aah:

Archived