• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you read or seen Coraline?!

Buttons are freaky!

Yes sure and I loved it! :wub2:

But those people were really freaked out by a small bunch of differently coloured buttons with and without holes. I didn't watch from the beginning but just switched in when they showed three or four women sitting at a table looking at those buttons in a quite disgusted way. And then another woman (probably a therapist) asked if it was okay right now :blink: and which of the buttons was the worst :blink::blink:

... I wonder if it existed without people having a word for it. It's Koumpounophobia.

I am terrified of toilet doors. Yes, toilet doors!!! It's horrible cos they give me claustrophobia and I have to decide whether to lock the door and have a bad time or leave it open and risk someone entering. The first thing I do when I enter a toilet is check if there are spaces above or underneath the door to escape in case I get trapped. It's horrible!!

BTW, buttons are cool!! They come in all kinds of shapes and sizes!!!

Spiders.

I'm better now, I can stand the little ones, but apart from those, spiders freak me out, to the point I can't even watch them on TV or pics :boxed:

Other bugs like centipedes also have the same effect. :shocked:

I'm also afraid of heights. It's kind of weird, cause I actually like watching the sea from the top of a cliff, or watching the landscape from the top of a tower, for example, but I start thinking of falling down, or letting objects fall, stuff like that, and I freak out a bit! :aah:

I have a fear of answering and having to call people on the phone. I absolutely hate it. :aah:

I always beg my mom to do it.

Me too!!! :aah:

But now I've moved out, so I can't get my mom to do it for me anymore. :naughty:

When I log out of the MFC, my post count MUST end in an 8, or else I feel really anxious...

Also, some things have to be in certain numbers. The volume on the TV has to be at an even number. If I put pens in my pencil case, I always put 3. Blah blah blah. If I don't do that, I feel as if something bas is going to happen. :aah:

By the way, I don't know how "weird" the fear of spiders and bugs is.

It seems quite common.

Read the title of the thread, it says weird. :naughty:

Oh,I've remember some more... When I turn the volume on my TV it has to be at an even number... Or, when I want to drink water,I always bathe the glass I'm drinking from three times. I won't drink from that glass unless that's done.:aah:

There's another one that's a bit weird. When I pour water in my glass, if I go to do something else after pouring the water in my glass (and that I still haven't drunk from it), I always change the water because I have this fear that the flecks of dust in the air will get into my water and that I'd drink bad water.

Or, before I go to bed I wash my hands; if I touch anything in the house before lying in my bed I have to wash my hands again.

It's all very odd, but I don't think those are some kinds of fears,but more like obsessions and bizzare delusions.:blink:

Also, some things have to be in certain numbers. The volume on the TV has to be at an even number. If I put pens in my pencil case, I always put 3. Blah blah blah. If I don't do that, I feel as if something bas is going to happen. :aah:

Ditto!!!!! Prob. also why my "lucky number" is 3... :blink: Been like that for years... pretty annoying sometimes but it just something i do! I also have the same "prob." as Mika with buying things in 3s. Annoying sometimes and expensive but i cant help it... i bought some instrumental tracks w. mika yesterday and i HAD to buy 3... 2 wasnt enough and i didnt have enough money on my account so i borrowed from a friend. i prob. didnt have enough cos i 3 days ago bought 3 bracelets :aah: First notised now i do the same when i buy something for my cat :blink:

:shocked:

Well maybe that one wasn't so special. :naughty::aah:

Ditto!!!!! Prob. also why my "lucky number" is 3... :blink: Been like that for years... pretty annoying sometimes but it just something i do! I also have the same "prob." as Mika with buying things in 3s. Annoying sometimes and expensive but i cant help it... i bought some instrumental tracks w. mika yesterday and i HAD to buy 3... 2 wasnt enough and i didnt have enough money on my account so i borrowed from a friend. i prob. didnt have enough cos i 3 days ago bought 3 bracelets :aah: First notised now i do the same when i buy something for my cat :blink:

3 isn't my lucky number, thus not everything has to be in threes. Different numbers for different things.

Your cat sounds lucky, must have lots of treats and toys. :teehee:

Well maybe that one wasn't so special. :naughty::aah:

3 isn't my lucky number, thus not everything has to be in threes. Different numbers for different things.

Your cat sounds lucky, must have lots of treats and toys. :teehee:

ohhhhhh yeah! and it drives me crazy sometimes! But i guess she likes it :roftl:

3 and 7 has always been my lucky numbers. Most 3

I have a fear of answering and having to call people on the phone. I absolutely hate it. :aah:

I always beg my mom to do it.

I used to be scared to answer the phone too luckily not anymore :roftl:

I have also a fear of loneliness