Listen to the podcast:

http://www.grnlive.com/haitipodcast.htm

Buy the Single NOW...

Amazon

HMV

Play

------------------------------------------------

Friday, 5 February 2010

Simon Cowell's brother has gone behind the scenes of the X Factor supremo's charity single to raise cash to help Haiti's radio stations.

Tony Cowell interviewed stars including Susan Boyle, Mika and James Morrison - as well his own brother - for a radio documentary during a recording in London.

His six-minute report is being made available for radio stations to broadcast.

People can download it or just listen in return for a donation.

Simon worked with The Sun newspaper to put the cover of REM's haunting ballad Everybody Hurts together to raise money for Haiti earthquake victims.

The song also includes vocals from Leona Lewis, Rod Stewart and Kylie Minogue.

During Tony's interview, his brother Simon told him: "I didn't think twice about this song actually.

"It immediately felt like the right song to do and we didn't consider anything else - The lyric just seemed appropriate. It's a beautiful song, so it just chose itself really."

Meanwhile, Boyle said she felt "honoured" to take part.

She said: "It's such a terrible thing to have happened I would've been moved to have done something about it anyway because that's my nature."

Read more: http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/breaking-news/entertainment/cowells-brother-makes-haiti-doc-14669531.html#ixzz0egTBZaUp

Edited by dcdeb

I posted it in the Haiti thread as well yesterday :wink2:

Hope it'll turn up on a radio station.

Didn't see it, Droopsy, but thanks -- I think I'll leave this open though

as it's something separate that people may want to talk about.

I should point out though, that if someone does find it and downloads this, please

do NOT post an mp3 or file here, as this is part of a charity effort and we

don't want to take away from that at all! :thumb_yello:

You can get to the documentary via youtube now:

Or via the other sites whose links pop up.

But before you can watch it, you'll have to donate. :thumb_yello:

Download the Tony Cowell Haiti Podcast

For personal consumption only - a behind the scenes look at the making of Simon Cowell's charity single for Haiti for just $1 (one US dollar)

http://www.grnlive.com/haitipodcast.htm

Background

The single is a cover of R.E.M.'s "Everybody Hurts" with international stars including Mariah Carey, Susan Boyle, Mika, Jon Bon Jovi, Rod Stewart, Leona Lewis and many others.

In this package, you'll get exclusive interviews with Simon Cowell, Susan Boyle, Mika and others...

In the interests of transparancy and to explain why these are Buy and not Donate PayPal buttons, we are going to donate the funds directly according to the needs of local radio stations in Haiti and as there is no charity we've found doing this at the moment, we don't fit into the PayPal Donation criteria...hope that's OK.

The funds we generate will be distributed to a radio station/s in Haiti to help them get back on their feet and do the all important job of passing on vital information and helping their audiences get through the day.We will work with the UN and other organisations to identify the stations and what they need...we're planing to buy them equipment and give training.

We'll let you all know what we do and will also publish the details on these pages.You can check it all out as it develops.

Please push this link (http://www.grnlive.com/haiti.htm) out to anybody you think might be interested in using this report...

Edited by mari62
adding title

You can get to the documentary via youtube now:

Or via the other sites whose links pop up.

But before you can watch it, you'll have to donate. :thumb_yello:

In fact you can watch it if you stay on the YT link a little longer...it starts after about 30 seconds.

Mika singing appears at 2:01 and his face appears for 3 seconds just then too.

I just paid my dollar for the podcast, and Mika sings a couple of lines at the start and then a little more later and he says a little bit about his friends in Haiti and about the tragedy there.

Edited by Blue Sky

ahum

i paid the doc through paypal and followed instructions...and i've come to a page

GRNLIVE where i can read:

Congratulations - download now

Click here for the Tony Cowell behind the scenes at the recording of the Haiti charity single

Please note this is not for broadcast - if you want to run it on air or on line - click here

when i click the underlined link, the file starts on its own, without any downloading, and i cannot watch it but only listen...

what am i doing wrong? dr john? :biggrin2:

I couldn't see anything, only listen to the podcast, which is what they meant I think. The YT video is the making of the single with various singers and is not the Tony Cowell thing. Is that what you meant?:blink:

I couldn't see anything, only listen to the podcast, which is what they meant I think. The YT video is the making of the single with various singers and is not the Tony Cowell thing. Is that what you meant?:blink:

yes, right. i saved an mp3 actually, so no video :mf_rosetinted:

oh well...i know what mika looks like :naughty:

Here's another little article about the single:

Cowell's Haiti Single Sells 200,000 In 2 Days

February 09, 2010

By Andre Paine, London

The U.K. benefit single for Haiti organized by Simon Cowell has sold more than 200,000 in two days, according to the Official Charts Company (OCC).

The cover of REM's "Everybody Hurts" for the Helping Haiti release from Sony Music features Alexandra Burke, Mariah Carey, Cheryl Cole, James Morrison, JLS, Kylie Minogue, Leona Lewis, Michael Buble, Mika, Robbie Williams, Rod Stewart, Susan Boyle and Take That.

The OCC said the track has become the fastest-selling charity single of the last decade. It is also set to have one of the biggest first week sales of any single since 2000.

Proceeds from the single will be divided between the Disasters Emergency Committee and the Sun newspaper's Helping Haiti Appeal.

Don't know how trustworthy this source is, but 200,000 in TWO DAYS! That's AMAZING! :shocked:

This is very good news for all the victims of the Haiti earthquake ... and Mika as well. :naughty:

Just downloaded the doc and I was surprised to see that very few of the artists who participated in the single are featured in it. We're very lucky that Mika is one of them, we even get to hear him sing a bit more than on the actual single. Really nice:thumb_yello:

Just downloaded the doc and I was surprised to see that very few of the artists who participated in the single are featured in it. We're very lucky that Mika is one of them, we even get to hear him sing a bit more than on the actual single. Really nice:thumb_yello:

What I like is that you can hear the raw recording of Mika in the documentary, before it is mixed. :wub2:

The song can be heard only having paid? I have no card (

You can hear the song on YouTube Lena. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmZzp-iISM8

But to listen to the podcast you have to pay 1 dollar. It's a mini documentary about this project. You don't need a creditcard, I used Paypal to pay for it.

You can hear the song on YouTube Lena. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmZzp-iISM8

But to listen to the podcast you have to pay 1 dollar. It's a mini documentary about this project. You don't need a creditcard, I used Paypal to pay for it.

Oh, many thanks! At last I hear it. not enough Mika...

I never used anything similar. I have small notion about Paypal.

Documentary film... In addition to what is in youtube?

bought 2 copies of the haiti single at hmv today. :biggrin2:

and a licm album too, wanted one that has ring ring on it (the german one doesn't :sneaky2:), and it was only 4 pounds. :wink2:

what annoyed me though was that they didn't have mika in their brit awards nominees rack! :sneaky2: i corrected that failure by relocating a few mika cds. :fisch::naughty:

Edited by mellody

Oh, many thanks! At last I hear it. not enough Mika...

I never used anything similar. I have small notion about Paypal.

Documentary film... In addition to what is in youtube?

It's not a film, it's audio only.

bought 2 copies of the haiti single at hmv today. :biggrin2:

and a licm album too, wanted one that has ring ring on it (the german one doesn't :sneaky2:), and it was only 4 pounds. :wink2:

what annoyed me though was that they didn't have mika in their brit awards nominees rack! :sneaky2:i corrected that failure by relocating a few mika cds. :fisch::naughty:

:roftl::thumb_yello:

• 3 weeks later...