Mika unhappy with 'Everybody Hurts' vocal

Droopsy

I checked but didn't find this posted yet, tell me if it is :thumb_yello:

-------------------------

Tuesday, February 23 2010, 12:45 GMT

By David Balls, Music Reporter

Mika has revealed that he was disappointed with his vocal performance on the 'Everybody Hurts' Haiti earthquake charity single.

The singer claimed that he sounds like a "freak" on the REM cover, which has spent the past two weeks at the top of the UK singles chart.

"My part's rubbish! I sound silly on it," he told Paul Harper on Real Radio.

"I'm so glad it made so much money and so proud to be part of it. Do I think I sound fantastic on it? No!

"I sound odd. Everyone has beautiful voices and I sound like a freak!"

Mika recently revealed that he is planning a US tour to increase his profile Stateside.

Source

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mika has revealed that he was disappointed with his vocal performance on the 'Everybody Hurts' Haiti earthquake charity single.

The singer claimed that he sounds like a "freak" on the REM cover, which has spent the past two weeks at the top of the UK singles chart.

"I'm so glad it made so much money and so proud to be part of it. Do I think I sound fantastic on it? No!

Source

Haven't seen it yet, Droopsy -- thanks! :)

Mika recently revealed that he is planning a US tour to increase his profile Stateside.

He HAS? I wonder who he revealed it to? He sure hasn't told the US! :naughty:

I think they gave him the worst line of the song...it is not like he didn't sing any other lines when they were laying down the track, we heard him in the Tony Cowell podcast...I bet he was disappointed they picked that line for him:aah:

WHAT - MORE talk of a U.S. TOUR!!!???? Aahhhhh these people are JUST trying to DRIVE us mad!!! I want some OFFICIAL talk - he is KILLING me!!!! :doh:

I HOPE IT IS A FULL BLOWN TOUR - AND HE COMES TO THE SOUTH!!!! :shocked:

I understand him :teehee:

I only like his part because his voice sounds so distinctive from others. But they certainly could've given him a better part to sing...

i agree with mika, if he really said it.

and if not, this is what i think anyway :teehee:

but i love the project and the final outcome :thumb_yello:

I think they gave him the worst line of the song...it is not like he didn't sing any other lines when they were laying down the track, we heard him in the Tony Cowell podcast...I bet he was disappointed they picked that line for him:aah:

My thoughts exactly. They could "use" him in a more better way.:blink:

I only like his part because his voice sounds so distinctive from others. But they certainly could've given him a better part to sing...

I totally agree with you. As I was reading I was thinking that I really love the way he sounds in the song because his voice is sooo different than the others, it's so much better :wink2: You could totally recognize him without making too much effort.

I don't like his line but just because it was too short, there were other people who sang so much more than he did, but I like the fact that he played the piano because that increses his participation, the thing is that if you don't know that you can't realize --> yes, I really want him to shine as much as possible :wub2:

it's just a little bit unfit...:boxed:

maybe the line didn't fit Mika...

or he is too harsh to himself,I think!

this song is just made for some contribution!

in my opinion~I think the whole song is bad if compare with the R.E.M!:mf_rosetinted:

but the cover can built something today~~:thumb_yello:

btw. have a tour for China!! Especially the Mainland!! :tears:

David balls does a lot of mika interviews, :lmfao:

:lmfao: I hate this kind of ****. David Balls probably scours the MFC for radio and print interviews and just cobbles bits together or takes bits completely out of context, sticks on an eye catching strap line and hey presto, news story. What a load of bollocks.

:lmfao: I hate this kind of ****. David Balls probably scours the MFC for radio and print interviews and just cobbles bits together or takes bits completely out of context, sticks on an eye catching strap line and hey presto, news story. What a load of bollocks.

Yeah :sneaky2:

Doesn't help his last name is balls either, :teehee:

Well Mika, that's what you get for being a "diva" and having to make James Morrison wait :mf_rosetinted:

No of course I'm kidding. Mika's voice is distinctive but I don't think he sounds like a freak. At least he's involved and it raises his profile, that's the main thing.

POSITIVE OUTLOOK MEEKS, MY DEAR :thumb_yello:

i should know there was something i missed! :naughty:

I agree. But maybe because he sounds so distinct he feels odd. But I think it is a good thing, but I am slightly bias. :wink2:

Well actually, these were some quotes from a radio interview according to the article. But I couldn't find any podcasts on that radio site, so yeah. Maybe they'll add it later.

Well actually, these were some quotes from a radio interview according to the article. But I couldn't find any podcasts on that radio site, so yeah. Maybe they'll add it later.

Maybe David Balls heard the original interview when it was first broadcast then? But wherever he gets his info, it doesn't look like it's first hand to me. And out of context.

I imagine Mika could have said this, but in a self-deprecating, throwaway way, and meant nothing by it really, just chatter.

And before we know it, it's a bloody headline that could make Mika look like a self absorbed twat. Recockulous. :thumbdown:

Especially as we know Mika is one of the most unassuming, self critical people there are out there in showbizland.

Haven't seen it yet, Droopsy -- thanks! :)

He HAS? I wonder who he revealed it to? He sure hasn't told the US! :naughty:

No, he hasn't. :teehee:

Source

:shocked: His voice sounds Beautiful! that is under estimated!

Archived