My Videos...

Jazzy

All the ones from this tour so far have been deleted.

Thank Morecube for this, firstly for posting them without my permission or crediting me, then for refusing to remove them, and then for telling me he would download them and upload them himself.

They're all gone now.

I still have them myself. I'm considering opening a private account so only friends can view the videos, in which case if you want to see them you'd have become my friend on youtube and pm on here so I know who exactly I will be accepting on youtube.

I'm so angry right now, but seeing as a whole bunch have been uploaded in the last few days and you guys might still be watching them, I thought I'd better let you know.

EDIT: OH and some have been uploaded to MS for points as well. IUAFGARHGUGHGNANAJF

I'm really sorry to hear you had to go through all this mess. Hope that things will get solved soon. A private account sounds like a really good idea. Maybe many of us should start having private accounts to avoid having to deal with videos being stolen.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm a bit late with reading your thread, lozzi but I am extremly sorry about this action from such Mika-"fans", I understand your big anger!! Such action is unbelievable and should have sanctions. Perhaps something is already doing against this (I'm sorry, haven't read the whole thread till now.. ). Good vids are not only a great pleasure for us all here :fangurl:, it's also an advert for Mika in my opinion. arggghh, now I'm angry by myself more and more!

I hope you'll find a solution to cope future "thiefs"!

And tiibet, the same for you!! Your vids are also always a great pleasure to watch, for me every time THE possibility to follow Mika on his way as an outstanding artist, without these vids many of us couldn't do this! (btw. Thank you girls, you are great!! :thumb_yello:)

jazzy, if i'm not mistaken... julia2a is a mod for mikafrance, who is owned by morecube :dunno: 100% but i'm pretty sure.

i didn't read the entire thread, so i'm not sure if someone else had pointed this out to you. :wink2:

I just want to clarify something julia2a is not a mod of Mika France she is just a member and she is a member of mikawebsite too

I'm really sorry to hear you had to go through all this mess. Hope that things will get solved soon. A private account sounds like a really good idea. Maybe many of us should start having private accounts to avoid having to deal with videos being stolen.

I had to set one of my Mika after gig meeting vids to private the other night, as I started getting all these negative comments and ratings after it was posted on MFC :dunno:

For another vid (the Toy Boy one from Leeds), I had to change the comments settings so that only comments from friends are auto-approved, because of the abusive and very aggressive comments that some were making. Again, after it was posted here :naughty:.

Not sure why some people (and so called fans) are that bad, but hey, what can you do. It's just sad and pointless. I really don't get it.

In my not so humble opinion, the larger trouble stems from points being awarded for posting pics and videos.

Nobody would bother to upload stuff if there was nothing in it for them.

I am not condoning their behaviour. I think it sucks too.:sneaky2:

I had a lot of trouble with the Japanese Mika footage, as I was almost the only one who had vids (esp vids that were any good), so I titled them all BLUE SKY's video MIKA @....etc. and I put Blue Sky in the tags, and I could track them all round cyberspace. But I was just happy that I had my own name on them so I could see that the thieves on MS couldn't avoid showing that they were stealing.

Of course they can download and reupload...and people do all the time. I had a fight once with an MFCer on YT who said the footage of Mika falling off the drums in Tokyo was her footage....funny how it was my view of the stage, zoomed in exactly when I zoomed in...she eventually took it down.

There is a Japanese YT user who re-uploads other people's stuff all the time, and I see posts on twitter and YT from other MFCers thanking her for such good videos on a regular basis. I am always like....EXCUSE ME, WTF????

TBH I think you either surrender your vids to their cyberspace fate with what protection you can put on them, or don't post them publicly. It is a tough battle to win. And to be honest, we are all walking on thin ice...we love watching all the TV footage of the various interviews and performances that other MFCers upload for us on YT...and that copyright technically belongs with the TV station...so we are not as clean as we like to think.:mf_rosetinted:

But I hate this attitude of What's mine is mine and what's yours is mine.:sneaky2:

Morecube will get what is coming to him.

Ah, ok, it's just sitting there, but when you click on the video it links to my channel, so it's not really like he's taken my vid and placed it there as if it was his. I don't mind that.

What would bother me is if he would embed the actual video only by uploading it, without it going to my channel, but this is ok.

As long as nobody uploads it as if it was theirs, I don't mind.

I had to set one of my Mika after gig meeting vids to private the other night, as I started getting all these negative comments and ratings after it was posted on MFC :dunno:

For another vid (the Toy Boy one from Leeds), I had to change the comments settings so that only comments from friends are auto-approved, because of the abusive and very aggressive comments that some were making. Again, after it was posted here :naughty:.

Not sure why some people (and so called fans) are that bad, but hey, what can you do. It's just sad and pointless. I really don't get it.

why are people posting negative comments of the meet and greet? :blink:

Maybe a suggestion you may already have heard, but why not upload them onto Photobucket and then put a guest password onto them? That's what I've just done for my Mika album of videos and pictures, then if anyone from here wants them, they can ask you for the password?

You do have a storage limit, but it seems a feasable option. (:

I noticed that you set the gift video private. It's really sad that you had to deal with rude comments. Maybe it's better to disable comments altogether since friends can send you their thoughts about the vids on MFC/Twitter etc. anyway.

I always loved your videos! And I have been very upset having seen inaccessible links. Now the reason is clear. Who is Morecube? can be I your youtubefriend to have pleasure to see your videos?

Is this message to Jazzy or to me? :naughty: I guess to Jazzy, as most of my vids are public already. The only changes I made is that for some videos where I had trouble, I have restricted automatic comment approval to friends.

I noticed that you set the gift video private. It's really sad that you had to deal with rude comments. Maybe it's better to disable comments altogether since friends can send you their thoughts about the vids on MFC/Twitter etc. anyway.

It is really sad, but the lesson that this taught me was that if that video was going to cause certain people to react like that, it was probably best to make it private and keep it out of sight.

Is this message to Jazzy or to me? :naughty: I guess to Jazzy, as most of my vids are public already. The only changes I made is that for some videos where I had trouble, I have restricted automatic comment approval to friends.

If your videos become inaccessible, to you too:naughty:. I love your:wub2: videos too and always save them in my magic folder. Probably, I am the most abnormal of us. Because I seize videos up to frenzy). I have about Mika's 2000 videos:teehee:.

Wow :shocked:

I haven't seen this thread. I won't tell anything about Morecube and the way he is running his website about these things because I'll receive again some comments about how a bad french rep' I am because I don't threat all the french fans equal...

But, I'm really sorry to read that Jazzy. It's not the first time, sadly, and it's always the same for the pics.

For Julia. She spoke to me and is very sorry. She found the vid' on youtube and she didn't realized what she did. She didn't thought it would upset someone. She is really sorry and won't do that anymore or will ask for permission. Don't blame her to much. And she is definitly not a mod of mikafrance and she is really a nice girl.

For the vids, and pics on other website. I'll tell you how it's going on on Mikawebsite because I know how it's running because we mods always check if everything is ok with that. When someone post a pic or even an article or capture made by someone we always tell the name of the MFCer who posted it. We don't ask for permission, because it's not possible, but we always mention the name so people know who this pic/vid/... is from...it's what we call respect. For the vids, we put the direct link to the youtube page.

Hope you'll find a solution Jazzy.

If you put your vids under private account, I'd love to see them, especially the Glasgow ones because I was with you :blush-anim-cl: and just behind you when you filmed them :teehee:

Cheers :wink2:

Dear Jazzy,

I don't like the way you explained that.

First of all, as I told you with no agressivity at all (at first...), when you upload a video on YT, you enable YT users to use it, share it, etc. I told you to read the 10.1.2 point on the YT rules that says :

"When you upload or post a User Submission to YouTube, you grant:

(...)

to each user of the Website, a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, licence to access your User Submissions through the Website, and to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display and perform such User Submissions to the extent permitted by the functionality of the Website and under these Terms.

"

Next, you can't come on my website and give me an order on my news comments with an ultimatum like you did. I really didn't like the way you did it, and it's not the way you reported it here...

I sent you a PM, where I thanked you for your videos, congratulated you, and told you that we always credit videos and pictures owners on the forum.

Then you threatened me to delete your videos and you finally did it (whereas your videos were not enable for embed player...). I'm sorry but I really don't understand this. You punish yourself and those who enjoy your videos, and you want me to be the bad guy... YOU took this decision, and it was stupid (sorry about that...) since your videos were not displayed on my website anymore ! I'm not responsible for that.

Ok, finally our argue became really agressive and i said bad things, I'm really sorry but first I was nice with you.

Finally, since your videos were disabled, I took other videos while you were complaining here, I really don't get it...

If you don't want people to see your videos, do not upload them on YT... You could put your name on the corner of your videos as I do for my website if you really want people to know who did it, but well, they don't care.

Too bad that you deleted your videos for nuts.

Best regards

Dear Jazzy,

...if you really want people to know who did it, but well, they don't care.

I'm not personally involved in this situation, but I just want to say this:

Some of us DO care and prefer to see credit given where credit is due. It doesn't matter what youtube rules say, you're taking someone else's content and using it to generate your own web traffic. Whether that's legal or not is not for me to say, but it's quite wrong in the moral sense, and deep down you know that. It's just common courtesy to ask before you take. Have some manners.

I won't be visiting your site anymore.

Dear Jazzy,

First of all, as I told you with no agressivity at all (at first...), when you upload a video on YT, you enable YT users to use it, share it, etc. I told you to read the 10.1.2 point on the YT rules that says :

(...)

to each user of the Website, a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, licence to access your User Submissions through the Website, and to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display and perform such User Submissions to the extent permitted by the functionality of the Website and under these Terms.

"

Next, you can't come on my website and give me an order on my news comments with an ultimatum like you did. I really didn't like the way you did it, and it's not the way you reported it here...

I sent you a PM, where I thanked you for your videos, congratulated you, and told you that we always credit videos and pictures owners on the forum.

Then you threatened me to delete your videos and you finally did it (whereas your videos were not enable for embed player...). I'm sorry but I really don't understand this. You punish yourself and those who enjoy your videos, and you want me to be the bad guy... YOU took this decision, and it was stupid (sorry about that...) since your videos were not displayed on my website anymore ! I'm not responsible for that.

Ok, finally our argue became really agressive and i said bad things, I'm really sorry but first I was nice with you.

Finally, since your videos were disabled, I took other videos while you were complaining here, I really don't get it...

If you don't want people to see your videos, do not upload them on YT... You could put your name on the corner of your videos as I do for my website if you really want people to know who did it, but well, they don't care.

Best regards

Dear Morecube,

I'm sure you know there's a difference between written rules and common sense. When you borrow something from someone, I'm sure you've been taught, at some point, that it was normal and polite to say PLEASE and THANK YOU because if you don't, you'll just make yourself look like a rude and ungrateful person. If someone explicitely refuses to lend you something they own, and you just take it anyway, it's called theft. And if you don't understand people can be upset by your behaviour and take offence, and you call them stupid in return, I'm the one who doesn't understand what's going on anymore.

Now let me correct a few things you said.

1) You don't always credit people on your forum. FACT

2) You use your forum's tag on videos which aren't yours in the first place, which is not just reproducing or distributing copyrighted material, but claiming copyright on something which isn't yours, which remains illegal even under YT conditions. FACT.

3) Noone can't come on MFC and start being rude or agressive towards a member, be it publicly or by PM. FACT.

I hope this is clear. I also hope you will know deal with this issue in private or even better, that you won't be causing such issues in the future anymore. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

Dear Jazzy,

(...)

"

Best regards

You know .. even just reading that I would expect so much more from the admin of the French Mika Fan Club

:boxed:

Niki27 summed everything else up.

If you look at the world reps and all the hard work we have put in , then that is trying and get everyone working more closely together .. all Mika fans end of the day no?

The feedback Im getting is far from that happening..

2) You use your forum's tag on videos which aren't yours in the first place, which is not just reproducing or distributing copyrighted material, but claiming copyright on something which isn't yours, which remains illegal even under YT conditions. FACT.

one more lie on the MFC about MF. Well it's not a surprise... First we don't. And also, you don't have the rights on the video. You're just pushing the "rec" trigger, you're not on stage doing the show. If i would ask someone, it would be mika...

3) Noone can't come on MFC and start being rude or agressive towards a member, be it publicly or by PM. FACT.

once again, the other members can do, but I don't. Read the entire topic and see how i was Offended. Oh sorry I forgot, you don't care.

Morecube .. you need to stop coming up and stomping all over the MFC ... ok?

Speak to the world reps about my intentions and what im TRYING to do ..

Your attitude does not help anyone.

Im trying hard to get rid of these division between this .. the official fan club .. there is only one .. no more and all other country divisions

You really need to back down start working with us not against us

Archived