My Videos...

Jazzy

one more lie on the MFC about MF. Well it's not a surprise... First we don't. And also, you don't have the rights on the video. You're just pushing the "rec" trigger, you're not on stage doing the show. If i would ask someone, it would be mika...

Actually, at the Sheffield gig I asked Mika himself if he was all right with me filming him and he said yes. I have permission from Mika and the copyright to the video belongs to me. It is not yours even if it was Mika's so you've still not got a leg to stand on.

Regardless of everything else, you threatening to download my videos and upload them yourself is nothing short of despicable theft.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Morecube .. you need to stop coming up and stomping all over the MFC ... ok?

ok, next time I'll let people lie about me and offense me... :huh:

Regardless of everything else, you threatening to download my videos and upload them yourself is nothing short of despicable theft.

I never did something like that and will never do...

ok, next time I'll let people lie about me and offense me... :huh:

I never did something like that and will never do...

You little liar I've got the messages to prove it. Honestly, who do you think you are?

Apart from a mug, obviously.

Deprived? What am i deprived of exactly? Ill manners? Twattishness? I'm doing all right darling, don't you worry about it.

Oh and i'm in a much better mood today caz, so i'm finding it funny now because everybody knows what he's like yet he's preaching his innocence. Bless him, poor deluded boy.

hmm, interesting turn in this conversation since i looked in this thread the last time. :blink:

so, mikafrance says they don't mark videos/pix as their own, but some on mfc say they do. just looked around a bit on mikafrance.com to find out the facts - don't see a problem with the videos, they embed YT videos in their news, without giving credits, but i see nothing wrong with that, as everyone can disable the embedding of their videos if they don't want that. or include names in the title, like BS did. it's not a big difference to linking to the videos imo, everyone can still see who the author is if they click the "watch it on youtube" option.

i did indeed find some of my photos on there though, marked with a mikafrance.com watermark. :sneaky2: and also i've seen those watermarks on pix from the sept munich gig that weren't mine but of which i know that the author doesn't want them to be used (she posted them on twitpic, but then they got downloaded and uploaded somewhere else to post on mfc, and here's probably where MF got them from...).

so yes, also on mfc we post pix without giving credits. BUT... morecube, why do you write mikafrance.com on pictures that are not your own? i saw that you leave existing watermarks in most pictures (not in mine though... :fisch: but maybe someone else cut them and you found them like that on the web, don't want to blame you for that...), but you always add the name of your website in the pic, which i don't think is ok, unless you took the pic yourself, or you have permission of the author that you can add your watermark. i think this habit annoys quite a few people, because that way it seems like you claim that the pix are your own. maybe that's what some people mean when they accuse you of stealing. :wink2:

i don't get the fuss about the videos though, can someone send me an example where another fans' video is marked with mikafrance.com? :blink:

I won't say anything more on this topic

oups :teehee:, just to answer to mellody.

I put mikafrance.com little watermarks to prevent direct links to pictures hosted on my website, that uses my bandwidth which is limited. I never delete watermarks so if someone take a picture with a watermark, he can still know who took the pic

I DID disable embeding on my videos, but they were still on the site 4 days later so i asked for them to be removed. In our message exchange morecube told me he would download my videos and upload them himself, which is the main problem, as well as julia2a uploading the videos to ms for points, though according to her it's ridiculous to argue over points. Only ridiculous when you are the one in the wrong my dear.

I put mikafrance.com little watermarks to prevent direct links to pictures hosted on my website, that uses my bandwidth which is limited. I never delete watermarks so if someone take a picture with a watermark, he can still know who took the pic

You can prevent hotlinking with an .htaccess file on your server. This habit of watermarking pictures will not prevent anyone from hotlinking and it's really not a good ethical practice. You are leading people to believe you have some sort of copyright to photos when you don't.

IMO the YouTube embedding is not a problem so personally I would not have asked you to remove the videos if they were mine. But they are Jazzy's videos and it's her prerogative. I don't understand why they wouldn't be removed at her request.

sorry, you asked ? :roftl: You gave me an ultimatum whereas the videos were already disabled. Then I took other ones. You still see them because you are the owner, that's it.

women and technology are not BFF :biggrin2:

@Christine > hotlinks can be useful sometimes, I don't want to disable it. and it's not a copyright. When you put this kind of things on a pic or a vid, you put it so anybody can't crop it or hide it. I put a tiny 10px high text that can be cropped easily on the top on the pic. If you cut the pic, it's still the same. On high res pics, you don't even see it... If I wanted to copyright them, i would do it differently.

see christine's answer... :wink2: your intention might not be bad, but people don't know this when they see their pix watermarked with your website name, they only think "mikafrance is stealing pix" - and everyone can still embed the pix anyway, it just says mikafrance on them. :dunno:

and about you saying you would do copyrighting differently... well, that's how YOU would do it... but if you look at my pix for example, i just add a small watermark with http://www.mikafanclub.de (only on my own pix though), and just hope that people won't cut it. that's because i don't want to write across mika's face or anything, it wouldn't be nice for those who want to look at the pix.

I DID disable embeding on my videos, but they were still on the site 4 days later so i asked for them to be removed. In our message exchange morecube told me he would download my videos and upload them himself, which is the main problem, as well as julia2a uploading the videos to ms for points, though according to her it's ridiculous to argue over points. Only ridiculous when you are the one in the wrong my dear.

agree about the mikasounds thing, but that's a different topic.

morecube did write in his message on here though that he said bad things to you because he was annoyed and said he was sorry for that - maybe the downloading/uploading videos things was part of that? :dunno: seems to me like both of you have a bit of a hot temper :teehee:, so maybe it was just a question of the way how both of you said things that led to misunderstandings and to annoying each other like it's the case now? :wink2:

and it goes on... really morecube, you might have the facts right about that she only could still see the vids because she's the owner, but that comment about women and technology wasn't necessary - maybe you meant it as a joke, but when tempers are as aroused as they are in this thread now, it's not a good idea to make jokes like that. :wink2:

is anyone going to put a final mark to this conversation or not? :blink:

I mean... it obviously leads nowhere...:teehee:

I'd be happy too.

Whether or not it's in the public domain or not, if you know it's a fans video/pictures, it never hurts to have the good manners (something I see hughly lacking here, for someone who is supposed to be in a position of authority, hence setting an example to others on the site) to ask their permission for the use of the material!

And being sexist in the form of a joke is highly offensive in my opinion!

of course it was a joke, in response to her signature ^^

i find people here really angry and "susceptible" (not sure of the meaning of this word in english)

People only get angry when they are given a reason to be. Your constant patronisation doen't help!

is anyone going to put a final mark to this conversation or not? :blink:

I mean... it obviously leads nowhere...:teehee:

you're probably right. jazzy is busy with mika gigs so she doesn't have time to worry about such things, and morecube won't change the way he manages his website from one day to the next. :rolls_eyes:

hope jazzy will find a good place for her videos when she has time. :thumb_yello:

of course it was a joke, in response to her signature ^^

i find people here really angry and "susceptible" (not sure of the meaning of this word in english)

lol, yeah, i already noticed that guys aren't too happy about that signature (right freddie?) :teehee:

like i said, i can imagine that it has to do with people thinking that you're stealing their photos by putting your watermark on them. that makes it easy to blame you for everything. :teehee: when i read your first post in here, i couldn't understand the harsh reactions either - but i think it has to do a lot with misunderstandings and prejudice, if you're seen on here as the bad guy who doesn't give a sh*t about copyright, that's the reactions you get. and you won't move an inch either, you're not saying "sorry that i didn't take down your videos immediately", but you're saying "youtube gives me the right to do it" - i can understand you though, if you're not asked nicely, but are accused and seen as the bad guy, you don't want to say sorry, but justify what you did by proving your point.

well, but like i said above, it probably doesn't make sense to discuss this any further as it won't change a thing. and just seen the last posts and agree with robi - insulting each other surely won't help. :no:

I'd be happy too.

Whether or not it's in the public domain or not, if you know it's a fans video/pictures, it never hurts to have the good manners (something I see hughly lacking here, for someone who is supposed to be in a position of authority, hence setting an example to others on the site) to ask their permission for the use of the material!

And being sexist in the form of a joke is highly offensive in my opinion!

rose, really, who on mfc asks permission before posting pix/videos? it might not be the best manners, but we're doing it on here all the time as well. if any of those press picture people from getty images etc. came on here, they'd say exactly the same about us. :fisch:

and about the sexism i agree, but yes, he's right, her signature might be offensive for guys as well, don't you think? :wink2:

i ask you to avoid insulting each other, cause you are going nowhere.

thank you.

I guess it wouldnt have gotten to this if good manners were present at the start, but I guess some people have higher standards set for themselves than others.

Hope it gets sorted in the end and lessons learned all round.

Sari, cant understand why Mika fans would post neg comments about Mika on your vids, usually it happens from stupid bored people who think they are faceless on the net, they leave pathetic coments on anyone or everyones vids just cos they can half the time, annoying as it is, guess they are best ignored when possible.

morecube, it wasn't the right time or place to make a joke about women. when topics are tense, it isn't recommended. ça s'appelle le "savoir-vivre".

common curtesy should always prevail in life. if someone asks you not to use their vids/pics, take them down, point finale. no need to send them the youtube legal mumbo jumbo to protect yourself.

i wish you would stop coming here acting like a victim.

dans la vie, on a la réputation qu'on mérite. :wink2:

that being said, being the international forum for mika and his fans, we welcome everyone from around the world. i have no clue who is from mikawebsite and who is from mikafrance. and i don't really want to know. we are all mika fans and that's what counts! :thumb_yello:

rose, really, who on mfc asks permission before posting pix/videos? it might not be the best manners, but we're doing it on here all the time as well. if any of those press picture people from getty images etc. came on here, they'd say exactly the same about us. :fisch:

and about the sexism i agree, but yes, he's right, her signature might be offensive for guys as well, don't you think? :wink2:

I really don't want to add more fuel to the fire, so that's not my intention with this post, but I just had to quote you on this because I totally agree with what you said here.

Of course this doesn't mean that we should condone things like stealing someone's videos and uploading them as they are your own (Morecube, I'm not saying that this is what you did ,and in fact I see that you have my videos on your side now, embedded, and I honestly don't have a problem with that at all, why would I), but I do think that, as has been pointed out before, we are all stepping on a fine line when it comes to these matters, so nothing is really black and white.

At the end of the day, even when we record a gig ourselves, technically we are not the owners of that footage because this was taken of his official songs which are copyrighted, correct? So really, technically, everyone's a bit in the wrong if people like the record company or Mika would want to get funny about it. Not that I think they should, but they could. I uploaded some great Bryan Adams vids a few months ago from a gig and they were removed in minutes, claiming copyright infringement :teehee: so I am happy that Mika and Universal are not doing the same.

In any case, I just wanted to point out the fact that nothing is 100% right, but of course I am not saying that stealing someone else's vids is good, and if people are uploading them to Mikasounds for points, this is not right. The root of the problem lies within the system though, so Mika and co should REALLY try and remove this stupid points per posts system IMO and this would cut all the spam.

On another note, this could be compared to posting people's tweets on mfc. I specifically changed twitter account so that this would not happen to me, and what do I see? People posting my tweets on mfc AND saying who the username belongs to. I know that this may sound petty and silly to some, but I have my reasons for it, so this is yet another area where we could really be doing things differently when it comes to asking people before posting things. I know that I don't tweet anything super interesting, and that anyone can read it if they go there, but that is not the point. The point is, if I really don't want the tweets to appear on mfc, why would I have to just put up with it? I guess that this is food for thought.

Maybe we could even add a guideline saying that no tweets are to be postd unless the person who tweeted has agreed to it? Could that be a solution? I'm sure that I'm not the only one who thinks that way?

Sari, cant understand why Mika fans would post neg comments about Mika on your vids, usually it happens from stupid bored people who think they are faceless on the net, they leave pathetic coments on anyone or everyones vids just cos they can half the time, annoying as it is, guess they are best ignored when possible.

Well, these people were also pathetic and "faceless", but the bad comments were directed towards us, not Mika.

Archived