REPORTS/PICS/VIDS: Mika @ O2 Academy, Birmingham FEB 25 2010

guylainem123

On the train home wearing my mika hoody and fangurling over the last couple of days. It all still needs to sink in but i'm sure it will over the weekend. All pumped up for london now. Woo!

You are tireless girl. I don't think I've gotten off my lazy ass to do anything since I got back from Ireland. Those two gigs wiped me out. :roftl:

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

oh my gosh. it was my first Mika gig and it was so amazing ;), and i saw Mika after.. what a bonus!!!!!!. he is so sweet and sincere, and i want to meet him face to face more often..it was such a colourful performance with a great atmoshphere, i will definately been going to one again :)

ive taken soo many pics and videos :) will upload them when i have time :)

loves Chloe xxx

Not a report as such, but yesterday was such a rush for me, and meeting Mama P and Yasmine proprerly, i would like to say, such lovely kind and patient ladies, I've not met in a long time.

They were fantastic, and I felt so honoured to have done this, I can't tell you how much. They made me feel so comfortable doing something WAY outside my comfort zone, I can't thank them enough.:thumb_yello:

You are tireless girl. I don't think I've gotten off my lazy ass to do anything since I got back from Ireland. Those two gigs wiped me out. :roftl:

Oh I'm tired, believe me I'm tired. It seems I'm going to Bristol now too. Whoops!

I was falling asleep on the train as we were pulling into Euston, but the Accessorize in the station woke me up. :teehee:

Nap first, then pics, and vids maybe tomorrow. I need a Vimeo account.

Not a report as such, but yesterday was such a rush for me, and meeting Mama P and Yasmine proprerly, i would like to say, such lovely kind and patient ladies, I've not met in a long time.

They were fantastic, and I felt so honoured to have done this, I can't tell you how much. They made me feel so comfortable doing something WAY outside my comfort zone, I can't thank them enough.:thumb_yello:

Aww, sounds amazing :thumb_yello:

Yeah!!! heard u got to be a Bg soooooo glad for you it's such an experience:thumb_yello::mf_lustslow:

Yeah!!! heard u got to be a Bg soooooo glad for you it's such an experience:thumb_yello::mf_lustslow:

It's a truly amazing experience, isn't?

Can't explain the rush you get doing it, I was shaking when I came off!

It's a truly amazing experience, isn't?

Can't explain the rush you get doing it, I was shaking when I came off!

oh Rose, I'm so happy for you now - for your experience to be on the same stage and at the same time like Mika, can imagine your feeling then and now! Try to find a pic of you now :wink2:

...and was there the same procedure with the flowers fallen down to Mika like the last day? what was your part??

Cannock & Lichfield's

Express and Star

MIKA shows his style

Flamboyant gig in city

Pop sensation Mika wowed fans in Birmingham with a colourful show.

The Leanon-born singer took to the smoke-filled stage in front of a sell-out crowd at the O2 Academy in the city last night, with a typical flamboyant performance.

The versatile star is renowned for his unique vocal style and performed hits including Grace Kelly, the smash hit with which he made his name.

He also showed his talents on the piano as well and was full of energy as he bounded about the stage, even climbing on top og the mirrored piano. The theatrical show started with a schoolboy scribbling Mika's logo at the desk on stage efore th singer made his grand entrance.

He was backed up by a colourful light display, while images were projected onto the back of the stage. A giant inflatable leg wearing a stiletto also appeared during the performance of top 10 single Big Girls.

The singer hailed the recently launched venue, which opened in September.

Report by Chris Moriarty. Friday, February 26th, 2010.

Nothing new :naughty: but there's a picture that I can't find so :dunno:

oh Rose, I'm so happy for you now - for your experience to be on the same stage and at the same time like Mika, can imagine your feeling then and now! Try to find a pic of you now :wink2:

...and was there the same procedure with the flowers fallen down to Mika like the last day? what was your part??

Yes, the procession on the stage is the same all the time, you drop flowers as you pass, but last night, for some reason, we walked in front of him, instead of behind, and we had our flowers in the wong hand, so we had to turn slightly to drop them by him. But it was okay, I think it was just as effective.

Edited by RAK1

Yes, the procession on the stage is the same all the time, you drop flowers as you pass, but last night, for some reason, we walked in front of him, instead of behind, and we had our flowers in the wong hand, so we had to turn slightly to drop them by him. But it was okay, I think it was just as effective.

That completely bloody threw me :lmfao: Because I was keeping step ... and trying to stay far enough away from Jazzy ... got to the centre of the stage and thought ... oooh yes ... flower ... oh ... he's not where he should be ... silly boy .... chuck it quick ... make claw hand ... leave .... :naughty:

That completely bloody threw me :lmfao: Because I was keeping step ... and trying to stay far enough away from Jazzy ... got to the centre of the stage and thought ... oooh yes ... flower ... oh ... he's not where he should be ... silly boy .... chuck it quick ... make claw hand ... leave .... :naughty:

Yeah I know, I hope my flower hit him. That'll teach him. :naughty:

The singer hailed the recently launched venue, which opened in September.

Report by Chris Moriarty. Friday, February 26th, 2010.

Er, well, yes, he did SORT OF praise the venue... but with reservations. He actually said it was a shame they'd managed to come up with a new venue where large sections of the audience couldn't see a thing... (indicating the side part of the balcony)! That was the reason he spent practically the whole show right on the front edge of the stage - so those people could see.

Oh. I have a niggle about the show (shock horror)! I think he should introduce the band properly, and not just mumble their names during the mayhem that is Lollipop, when no one can really see them anyway because the stage is full of people and there's fetti and balloons all over the place. I know WE all know who they are, but many of the audience don't, and I think they deserve their moment in the limelight.

Love those pants :pinkbow:

Me too! I already told Andy (on camera :naughty:) in Dublin that I've often had issues with the clothes that Mika wears on stage, but that this tour I'm really LOVING them :wub2:. These pants are like a quatrillion times better than the ones he had with the stripe on the side, and the jackets are a lot smarter than the ones he had full of kitsch and shiny/sparkly stuff. Soo much nicer IMO.

So here we are, the Birmingham report.

I never thought I would actually ever write a report from the perspective of the other side of the barrier, but here we are over on the stage!

Mikafish and I arrived at 3.30pm, and the Q was still remarkably short, only about 30 people I'd have thought. I went to find a toilet, as I was volunteering to be a BG and wanted to be ready when John came out.

First though I went to say hi to Bexxy, whom I'd not seen in about a year, at Sadlers. It was great to see her again, and was hoping we'd have more time to hang out, but John came not long after looking for BGs and LGs, so I put my hand up and he called me round, along with Jazzy, Laurel and Buttonsluvsyou (Sharon). Bexxy wanted to watch the show, as this was her only gig of the tour, so Mikafish stayed with her.

About 10 of us went in, which turned out to be 4 LGs and 6 BGs, John led us into the back, where we met Mrs P ans Yasmine who looked after us for the rest of the evening.

I've already gushed about how wonderful they were, so I won't go on about that again, but they were very professional and thorough, and explained what they wanted in great detail. It was a pleasure to be tutoured by them.

We then tried on the heads, and magically mine was perfect! Fitted right away, no need to fiddle with it, at all. I couldn't believe it!

Time seemed to fly by, when we rehearsed, but we did it a few times to get it right, but we did after the 3rd time. I had a little encouragement, from a couple of people:naughty:, while I was walking around the stage, but I didn't let it phase me, and got my head around what I needed to do and not do to look right for the walk.

We then had a costume sizing and got the costumes we would be wearing for the evening. Then we we had sandwiches and drinks, before getting changed.

We then had to sign the contract, and I joked with John that Mika now finally had my autograph for a change, and he laughed.

We were led to the balcony where we sat for the duration, til it was time to go down for the procession. We saw a fair amout of the show, and to see it from above with peoples arms waving in the air, was quite a sight, I can tell you!

We waited to go on, and when we got our cue, we glided on and did exactly what we were told, except for some reason Mika was on the right side of us instead of the left, like we'd rehearsed! So a quick bit of improv with the flowers was needed, and it seemed to go alright, I think.

We then waited around for the end and to go on dancing to Lollipop, the band and Mika came down for their costume changes and he gave us an instruction of what he wanted us to do. Jimmy gave us high 5s for good luck, and I got a wave from Cherisse.

We went on and did our dance, i got a couple of glances of Mika, as he bounced around the stage, and me and Imma went to hit the same balloon of stage, and our hands hit each other as we hit the balloon. Imma laughed and I shook my head, but she couldn't see me laughing too:naughty:

I was between Imma and Jimmy for the bow. Jimmy was great, so helpful, and nice.

We went down to take the heads back and went up to change quickly so they could pack up the costumes.

Once we changed, Jazzy, myself, Laurel and Sharon waited around for a bit to see what would happen, but the others left, so when no one seemed to be coming to get us we went out to find someone, and got directed to the VIP area by security.

Again waiting around for some one to take us downstairs, but nothing happened, when John did come up he told us Mika had gone, and apologised as he thought when we hadn't been downstairs, that we must have gone looking for the others we arrived with.

I guess sometimes you get lucky, sometimes you don't. This was just one of those times.

I'm just happy that I got this opportunity to do this, I never thought I'd be brave enough to do it, but when the adreniline starts pumping, you just go for it!

I'm now looking forward to the next few gigs, especially Bristol, as my home gig, and it's looking like it's gonna be great!:biggrin2:

Thank you, Rose for your detailled report, gives a good view 'behind'. I'm a bit sad that you couldn't say Hello to Mika after all, but well, as you've said 'sometimes you don't get lucky'.

But this experience on stage is unique! I congrat to your courage doing this!! :kachinga: Wish you a vid of your dancing now!! :cheerful_h4h:

So here we are, the Birmingham report.

I never thought I would actually ever write a report from the perspective of the other side of the barrier, but here we are over on the stage!

Mikafish and I arrived at 3.30pm, and the Q was still remarkably short, only about 30 people I'd have thought. I went to find a toilet, as I was volunteering to be a BG and wanted to be ready when John came out.

First though I went to say hi to Bexxy, whom I'd not seen in about a year, at Sadlers. It was great to see her again, and was hoping we'd have more time to hang out, but John came not long after looking for BGs and LGs, so I put my hand up and he called me round, along with Jazzy, Laurel and Buttonsluvsyou (Sharon). Bexxy wanted to watch the show, as this was her only gig of the tour, so Mikafish stayed with her.

About 10 of us went in, which turned out to be 4 LGs and 6 BGs, John led us into the back, where we met Mrs P ans Yasmine who looked after us for the rest of the evening.

I've already gushed about how wonderful they were, so I won't go on about that again, but they were very professional and thorough, and explained what they wanted in great detail. It was a pleasure to be tutoured by them.

We then tried on the heads, and magically mine was perfect! Fitted right away, no need to fiddle with it, at all. I couldn't believe it!

Time seemed to fly by, when we rehearsed, but we did it a few times to get it right, but we did after the 3rd time. I had a little encouragement, from a couple of people:naughty:, while I was walking around the stage, but I didn't let it phase me, and got my head around what I needed to do and not do to look right for the walk.

We then had a costume sizing and got the costumes we would be wearing for the evening. Then we we had sandwiches and drinks, before getting changed.

We then had to sign the contract, and I joked with John that Mika now finally had my autograph for a change, and he laughed.

We were led to the balcony where we sat for the duration, til it was time to go down for the procession. We saw a fair amout of the show, and to see it from above with peoples arms waving in the air, was quite a sight, I can tell you!

We waited to go on, and when we got our cue, we glided on and did exactly what we were told, except for some reason Mika was on the right side of us instead of the left, like we'd rehearsed! So a quick bit of improv with the flowers was needed, and it seemed to go alright, I think.

We then waited around for the end and to go on dancing to Lollipop, the band and Mika came down for their costume changes and he gave us an instruction of what he wanted us to do. Jimmy gave us high 5s for good luck, and I got a wave from Cherisse.

We went on and did our dance, i got a couple of glances of Mika, as he bounced around the stage, and me and Imma went to hit the same balloon of stage, and our hands hit each other as we hit the balloon. Imma laughed and I shook my head, but she couldn't see me laughing too:naughty:

I was between Imma and Jimmy for the bow. Jimmy was great, so helpful, and nice.

We went down to take the heads back and went up to change quickly so they could pack up the costumes.

Once we changed, Jazzy, myself, Laurel and Sharon waited around for a bit to see what would happen, but the others left, so when no one seemed to be coming to get us we went out to find someone, and got directed to the VIP area by security.

Again waiting around for some one to take us downstairs, but nothing happened, when John did come up he told us Mika had gone, and apologised as he thought when we hadn't been downstairs, that we must have gone looking for the others we arrived with.

I guess sometimes you get lucky, sometimes you don't. This was just one of those times.

I'm just happy that I got this opportunity to do this, I never thought I'd be brave enough to do it, but when the adreniline starts pumping, you just go for it!

I'm now looking forward to the next few gigs, especially Bristol, as my home gig, and it's looking like it's gonna be great!:biggrin2:

Oh, loved reading your report, Rose! :boing: