Pre-gig music

AngelicScars

In Barcelona and Madrid there was a different playlist as far as i recall, I can't remember the playlist from Barcelona, but in Madrid there were few familiar songs Like MGMT's Flash Delirium, Queen's Another one bites the dust, Toni Basil - Hey Mickey. Jackson 5- I want you back.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

that was the intro song though, like the french song on this tour / zarathustra on the arena gigs. :bleh:

the ones i remember from the last tours are bare necessities (jungle book) on the US tour, and "a new soul" by yael naim, but don't remember at which gigs.

from this tour i don't remember any others than the ones that have been mentioned here already.

No it wasn't. At least, that's not what I remember. It was just the last song before the gig started. I remember hearing it at Shepherds Bush and at the first Hammersmith date...both were played different lengths. Shepherds Bush was practically the whole song and Hammersmith was super short. And then BAM it started with Relax.

I just found the song :thumb_yello:

As I am listening to it I can't understand why I thought it was Mika, cos it doesn't really sound anything like him at all... I guess I just thought so because he kept playing it on repeat, but it was actually Vampire Weekend with White Sky :biggrin2:

:thumb_yello:

Thank you! :bow:

It's amazing how these songs burn that pre-gig feeling into my brain like Pavlov's dog. It doesn't happen with songs I already know, but hearing songs again that I first heard on his pre-gig playlist makes that whole state of mind come rushing back so strongly. It's kind of making my skin tingle. :shocked:

Mika should post a blog outlining what the songs are every time he changes his pre-gig playlist. He'd save us a lot of effort. :naughty:

I was trying with Nezza the other day on twitter to figrue out the before the gig playlist. :aah:

The ones I remember being played at the Vienna gig are

Coldplay -Viva la vida

Girls Aloud -something kinda ooooh

The Killers -When you were young

Kings of Leon -Sex on fire :mf_rosetinted:

I don't remember that one! :blink:

Had to turn on my computer again since I remembered another 3 songs:

Paolo Nutini - 10/10

Cheryl Cole - Fight for this love

Basement Jaxx - Where's your head at

Oh, and am I imagining things or was "Sweet dreams" also on this playlist?

And I know there also was a cover of "Crazy in love" by some rock band...Don't know who they are though...Anyone? ;)

Now I can sleep in peace. :aah:

You're right! Have totally forgotten the werid rock "crazy in love" song.

Thank you! :bow:

It's amazing how these songs burn that pre-gig feeling into my brain like Pavlov's dog. It doesn't happen with songs I already know, but hearing songs again that I first heard on his pre-gig playlist makes that whole state of mind come rushing back so strongly. It's kind of making my skin tingle. :shocked:

Mika should post a blog outlining what the songs are every time he changes his pre-gig playlist. He'd save us a lot of effort. :naughty:

I couldn't agree more! :biggrin2:

So, here's what I have on my list:

1. Michael Jackson - Billie Jean

2. Scissor sisters - I don't feel like dancing

3. BEP- I gotta feeling

4. Eurythimics- Here comes the rain again

5. Blur - Park life

6. Jay Z - Empire state of mind (New York)

7. Bob Marley - Buffalo soldier

8. Coldplay - Viva la vida

9. Cheryl Cole - Fight for this love

10. George Micahel - Amazing

11. Pink - Get this party started

12. The killers - When you were young

13. Kings of Leon - Sex on fire

14. No doubt - I'm just a girl

15. *** - Crazy in love (weird rock cover)

16. Paolo Nutini - 10/10

Ah yes, that always was a favorite :teehee:

And I know there also was a cover of "Crazy in love" by some rock band...Don't know who they are though...Anyone? ;)

I don't remember that one! :blink:

I think it was played twice :naughty:

The rock cover of 'Crazy in love' is by Snow Patrol :wink2:

This one Bianca

But the one he played it was a remix of it :roftl:

I remember when Buffalo soldier was played in Vienna everyone was singing along :wub2:

This one Bianca

I remember when Buffalo soldier was played in Vienna everyone was singing along :wub2:

SNOW PATROL? :shocked:

I know the song, that's the thing, that I would've recognized it if I heard it. :huh:

I remember the Buffalo soldier being played when we left the venue and it would be the song stuck in my head for the rest of the night, instead of Lollipop or Kick ass or any other song from the main gig. :roftl:

One of the songs he constantly played was one by the Yeah Yeah Yeahs

yes. In fact, it might have been a sign they had something wrong with the tapes at the first Hammersmith gig.

I can't remember if it was that song

or the "Is It 'cos I'm Cool" song that was basically the ONLY song they played before the Bristol gig.

I drove me nuts :insane:

SNOW PATROL? :shocked:

I know the song, that's the thing, that I would've recognized it if I heard it. :huh:

I remember the Buffalo soldier being played when we left the venue and it would be the song stuck in my head for the rest of the night, instead of Lollipop or Kick ass or any other song from the main gig. :roftl:

I'm sure it was their version I recognize the beat and it was only been on for a minute cause M. was coming on stage :teehee:

It has been stucked in your head that night cause of the yoy-yoy yoy 's :roftl:

I'm sure it was their version I recognize the beat and it was only been on for a minute cause M. was coming on stage :teehee:

It has been stucked in your head that night cause of the yoy-yoy yoy 's :roftl:

They've played it more than a minute in Paris. :aah:

How did you guess? :mf_rosetinted::naughty:

I couldn't agree more! :biggrin2:

So, here's what I have on my list:

1. Michael Jackson - Billie Jean

2. Scissor sisters - I don't feel like dancing

3. BEP- I gotta feeling

4. Eurythimics- Here comes the rain again

5. Blur - Park life

6. Jay Z - Empire state of mind (New York)

7. Bob Marley - Buffalo soldier

8. Coldplay - Viva la vida

9. Cheryl Cole - Fight for this love

10. George Micahel - Amazing

11. Pink - Get this party started

12. The killers - When you were young

13. Kings of Leon - Sex on fire

14. No doubt - I'm just a girl

15. *** - Crazy in love (weird rock cover)

16. Paolo Nutini - 10/10

How could I have forgotten about Blur - Park life?! :shocked: *doh*

Love that song and I was so happy when it was played...

Thank you! :flowers2:

In Strasbourg they started with the same playlist I was already used to for the German gigs...but at some point it got changed and a very cool mix of French and English songs came on...I remember

- Yelle - Je veux te voir :mf_rosetinted:

- Camelia Jordana - Non, non, non (écouter Barbara)

No it wasn't. At least, that's not what I remember. It was just the last song before the gig started. I remember hearing it at Shepherds Bush and at the first Hammersmith date...both were played different lengths. Shepherds Bush was practically the whole song and Hammersmith was super short. And then BAM it started with Relax.

hmm, from what i remember, it always started after the lights had gone off, and led to those other intro sounds, like in this video:

- so for me, it belonged to the intro. :dunno:

btw, another song i remembered this morning, think they played it 2007 or early 2008, was "sweet escape".

This one Bianca

Oh, thank you for these, I have never known names for these songs!!! :thumb_yello: They were just mikagig-songs... :roftl:

How could I have forgotten about Blur - Park life?! :shocked: *doh*

Love that song and I was so happy when it was played...

Thank you! :flowers2:

In Strasbourg they started with the same playlist I was already used to for the German gigs...but at some point it got changed and a very cool mix of French and English songs came on...I remember

- Yelle - Je veux te voir :mf_rosetinted:

- Camelia Jordana - Non, non, non (écouter Barbara)

Oh, I even didn't recognize it was Blur :teehee: Those two other songs, did they play them before some other French gigs? They don't sound familiar...

In Barcelona and Madrid there was a different playlist as far as i recall, I can't remember the playlist from Barcelona, but in Madrid there were few familiar songs Like MGMT's Flash Delirium, Queen's Another one bites the dust, Toni Basil - Hey Mickey. Jackson 5- I want you back.

And this one, and I'm serious :aah:

Oh, thank you for these, I have never known names for these songs!!! :thumb_yello: They were just mikagig-songs... :roftl:

Oh, I even didn't recognize it was Blur :teehee: Those two other songs, did they play them before some other French gigs? They don't sound familiar...

Talking of Blur, he had Song 2 on at the Birmingham gig, I remember it, because Laurel and myself are Blur fans, and we were up in the balcony rocking out to it in our seats:naughty:

My pleasure :wink2:

I remembered another song he played :U2 -I forgot which song but I think it was Vertigo ?:blink:

I swear at two or three gigs he came on to Rage Against the Machine - Killing in the Name. I don't know the song THAT well but I'm 99% sure it was that...how many songs have the insightful lyrics of 'f*ck you I won't do what you tell me!'

It made me LOL so hard that I wanted to find him and high five him.

I just found the song :thumb_yello:

As I am listening to it I can't understand why I thought it was Mika, cos it doesn't really sound anything like him at all... I guess I just thought so because he kept playing it on repeat, but it was actually Vampire Weekend with White Sky :biggrin2:

:huglove: :huglove:

thank you soooooo much!! i was there that night too, and i have been searching high and low for this song... now i have it and downloaded it, i can now really re- live that night again and again!! THANK YOU!!

xxxxxx

yes. In fact, it might have been a sign they had something wrong with the tapes at the first Hammersmith gig.

I can't remember if it was that song

or the "Is It 'cos I'm Cool" song that was basically the ONLY song they played before the Bristol gig.

I drove me nuts :insane:

Yes, Heads Will Roll, that's one of the ones I really liked.

hmm, from what i remember, it always started after the lights had gone off, and led to those other intro sounds, like in this video:
- so for me, it belonged to the intro. :dunno:

btw, another song i remembered this morning, think they played it 2007 or early 2008, was "sweet escape".

As I remember it, nearer the beginning of 2007 the lights didn't go off when 9-5 came on and it was only the people who had been to Mika's gigs before that realised he was coming on next. Also they used to play a lot more of the song.